Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Jaelynn Kethron plot stuff (Small Wonder, Nightshade, Chocot

Started by Anonymous, September 09, 2006, 10:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I was told that I could post this here, so'm...yeah. ^_^

Those who are interested in playing the two siblings of my character, Jaelynn, the person who is interested in playing her mentor, and...anyone else who might be interested in playing a potential love interest or something (and possibly one or two bad guys, depending on where we go with sub plots and all that), this is for you.

Here are some things we need to figure out about the brothers:

-Where have they been all this time?
-Who captured them?
-Why weren't they killed like the rest of their family?
-Were they in a prison and they just recently escaped?
-Were they kept together the whole time, or were they seperated?
-Why were the captured in the first place?
-Do they have any magic abilities like Jaelynn that could somehow tie in to the reason for their capture?

If you have any specific ideas that you feel you'd like to talk to me one-on-one about, you're welcome to IM me on AIM/other messengers or send me a PM on the board. I'd like to see something big happen with this character, but I'm not sure what exactly. o.o Play with your imaginations and see what you guys can come up with based on those questions. In case you need it, <a href="http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3542">this</a> is Jaelynn's profile and it lists basically most of the things you need to know, at least about Jaelynn. I don't have many specific things planned for the siblings, so as long as you run them by me, you're pretty free to do whatever you wish with them, within reason. Since they were captured together, the two players of the siblings and I will all need to agree on the answers to those questions so that we're all on the same page.

If you wish to IM me, tonight I will not be on until after 10:00 eastern (assuming my father is able to get my internet working on my other computer again), but if he can't get the internet working again it won't be until after he gets off the computer for the night, so basically any time between 10 PM and 3 AM I should be on.

Anonymous

Hey, I've finally finished reading all the information and decided that I'd like to play Jadis, if that is OK. Don't worry about the slow responses...most people here are online when I'm asleep, which does suck considerably. Ah well. Guess we can't really do much until someone else claims Jadis' brother...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Nightshade"Hey, I've finally finished reading all the information and decided that I'd like to play Jadis, if that is OK. Don't worry about the slow responses...most people here are online when I'm asleep, which does suck considerably. Ah well. Guess we can't really do much until someone else claims Jadis' brother...

Awesome. I just need to find out from the mod if she's (it's a she, right? o.O) still interested in playing the other brother, and then we'll be pretty set in the way of people playing them. I have to work on cleaning my room, which could take...-wince- a few hours if I work hard enough. I'll be online after that, assuming I can get on the computer (I do actually have my own computer(s) (laptop and iMac) but we're having internet issues and so far have only gotten it to work on two of the three/four computers) if my dad doesn't want it and hopefully the two of you will be online (do you have AIM? o.o That might help, after all. XD) and we can talk about what's been happening with the brothers/how they're going to reunite with Jaelynn and all that. And if anyone else who's involved in this (mentor guy, for example), my AIM screen name is JedioftheFlame.

I might end up having to suck it up and have Jaelynn reunite with them sooner than I thought, just so that you and the other mod have the chance to play the characters, but we'll see what happens after we discuss it hopefully in a chat tonight/tomorrow/whenever the three of us are online. What time zone are you? I'm eastern. Should be up until 2 AM at least tonight.

Anonymous

Urgh, room cleaning, the bane of my life. Had some rather nasty stuff growing around...yeah...not nice. Yep, I'm pretty sure the mod is a she, unless they are really a he pretending to a she... O_o

Don't worry about the reuniting part, we can play things from our separate POVs, so we can learn about the character's thoughts/personality whilst they're still separated. Hmm, things do move slower when no one is online! ^^; I am in GMT which means that absolutely no one is online *sigh*

2AM? *blinks* I admire your stamina- having recently started college, I've found that my energy gets mysteriously drained during the day, and I need to eat...and sleep...so much more than during the holidays!

By the way, do you have a personal LJ?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Nightshade"Urgh, room cleaning, the bane of my life. Had some rather nasty stuff growing around...yeah...not nice. Yep, I'm pretty sure the mod is a she, unless they are really a he pretending to a she... O_o

Don't worry about the reuniting part, we can play things from our separate POVs, so we can learn about the character's thoughts/personality whilst they're still separated. Hmm, things do move slower when no one is online! ^^; I am in GMT which means that absolutely no one is online *sigh*

2AM? *blinks* I admire your stamina- having recently started college, I've found that my energy gets mysteriously drained during the day, and I need to eat...and sleep...so much more than during the holidays!

By the way, do you have a personal LJ?

XD Well, I don't have to be at class until 11:00 tomorrow morning, so I can stay up fairly late I would think. Maybe not quite 2:00, but I'm going to try. :D

Hmm. Well, I sent the mod who's interested in playing the other mod a PM to see when she could get in a chat and so far no response, but maybe we'll have to stick to this thread and plan stuff here, which might be easiest.

And yes, I do have an LJ. It's friends only, but it's <a href="http://awritersfantasy.livejournal.com/profile">here</a>.

Anonymous

Left a comment- dunno if the SotE forum will work at college or not! ^^; Don't worry, the mods have literally twenty threads going, and college too so it'll take them time to respond, though I need to prod Small Wonder a bit for a different thread... *gets out spork*

Man, we're not allowed to leave college site, which means I have to be in from 8:45 to 3:30 every day.

Oh. and for Jadis, do you have a particular image in mind? Drawing, or picture I could use?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Nightshade"Left a comment- dunno if the SotE forum will work at college or not! ^^; Don't worry, the mods have literally twenty threads going, and college too so it'll take them time to respond, though I need to prod Small Wonder a bit for a different thread... *gets out spork*

Man, we're not allowed to leave college site, which means I have to be in from 8:45 to 3:30 every day.

Oh. and for Jadis, do you have a particular image in mind? Drawing, or picture I could use?

Mmm, no, not really, at least none that are on this computer (I might have some on my computer at home) Jaelynn has darker/black hair, and...I really haven't come up with the physical features of her other siblings yet (should probably do that, although I'm working on a web page for myself so I'll probably make a profile page for her on it). She has hazel/dark green eyes, too, so...basically, as long as he looks at least a little like Jaelynn in some way, it's good. Jadis should be like...sixteen years old or so now.

Anonymous

OK, I'll base his image on a guy I now, who looks strikingly similar to Jaelynn on your banner/signature. OK, when you come up with height/personality etc. PM/comment... well get in touch so I'll know what to work with! ^^

Anonymous

I actually found some pictures for you guys to possibly use (though if the picture you found might work better, feel free to use it). They're the ones on my computer at home, I just forgot until after I posted the message before that I had uploaded them to imagecave.

As for the personality and stuff, most of it is fairly up to you since I don't even know a ton about them myself. If you'd feel better if I gave you info about the character, though, I can do that so you have something to work with.

Anonymous

Buuuuuuuuuump

>.> For Small Wonder and Nightshade, are we going to start plotting soon? We need to answer the questions I posted in the beginning post for this thread before I can give you guys the stats for the brothers, so uh...START ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS! XD

Anonymous

Erm, for that, I will need to be in collaboration with Small Wonder, but we are never on at the same time! The weekend may be the best time to do this...

That way, we can agree on concepts at the same time, without making assumptions and planning ahead and then realising that someone else wants to do it another way...if ya get what I mean... ^^;

Anonymous

Ok scrap that, how about the brothers got separated first, but reunited later? That way I can start on the history by myself, and so can Small Wonder, and then the brothers meet up a year before we find you.

How does that sound?

Anonymous

Weekend probably isn't that great for me, other than all day tomorrow since I don't have class or work. But, there's the possibility of me going shopping at some point...Saturday I should be okay, mainly after 6:00 eastern, though it depends on when my dad will want the computer.

This is why I set this thread/the post at my LJ up- so that we wouldn't have to rely on people being online to actually chat with them, but we could put ideas in the threads/comments for others to read.  :P So that's all it's meant to do since we're sort of on opposite schedules.

As for your idea...I'm thinking that the brothers were kept together for most of the time. They weren't, like, taken to seperate places, but they were in the same cell most of the time or something. Where they've been all this time is really going to depend on the answers to these questions:

-Where have they been all this time?
-Who captured them?
-Why weren't they killed like the rest of their family?
-Were they in a prison and they just recently escaped?
-Were they kept together the whole time, or were they seperated?
-Why were the captured in the first place?
-Do they have any magic abilities like Jaelynn that could somehow tie in to the reason for their capture?

So see if you can come up with any possible answers and just reply in this thread. :D

Anonymous

I think they should both have magical abilities, which is why they weren't killed. Perhaps their magic got perioducally siphoned off for other use? Then it would make sense for a dak cult to capture them, and use them as slaves...?

What do you think?

Anonymous

I don't think they would've been slaves, really, just...prisoners. I was thinking that a sorcerer of some sort was the one who ultimately wanted their magic. But yeah, something like that sounds good.

Anonymous

Well, not quite slaves, but treated in that way.

OK...well, the way I want to play it is that they couldn't escape together, so had to split up and arrange a meeting point. That way, I can get in emotions and description, and possibly flashbacks in my first post.

Can you think of a name we could use for the dark sect? And should we PM Small Wonder about this?

Anonymous

Umm...I'm not good at coming up with names for that kind of stuff (if you go to google and search for something like...Seventh Sancrtium (I think that's how you spell it), there's a site that has a bunch of generators for names and stuff. Most of them aren't that serious but you could find something there, maybe.

Hmm...I actually like that idea. You'd probably have to start a seperate thread and play it out before you could have them come to find Jaelynn, though, unless you say that they just met up and you reply to my post (which is probably lost somewhere since no one's responded) and write about your character's thoughts and emotions at the prospect of reuniting with his sister while they're on their way to find her. That might work better, and make things go a bit faster. Hopefully that made sense.

I've PM'd Small Wonder about plotting with the two of us in this thread and so far no response...which...yeah. >.> But maybe if you prod her, you'll get a response? :D

Anonymous

Where is the link to your post again?

And yeah, I'll prod SM for you. She and the other mods are in twenty threads so it can be frustrating...

Anonymous

Umm...>.>

What's happening with the brothers? Do you need me to write up their stats, or what? There are still some other questions that need answering about them...

I still haven't heard anything from Small Wonder about anything with the character. >.>