Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Kabrads crossroads [OPEN, spells/magical items/and creatures for sale here]

Started by NerdGoblin27, August 02, 2013, 05:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NerdGoblin27

This giant structure lies up high in the western highlands of serendipity where the clouds cover the sky, and the earth alive with magic. A building comes into vision as you see a large rectangle like tower that the closer you get the bigger it becomes. This is the rumored manor of the notorious vampire called Alieleni Cryptbind. He is rumored to have 100's of homebrewed spells for sale to the right buyers. Rumor says that he wants war for reasons of his own desire, but he is known to be dangerous to deal with. he usually only accepts royalty, or if you have a way to pay him. He is big on manners so always respect that when in his home.

A lone man sits in his reading chambers drinking from a wine bottle with long fingernails. His white eyes reads a torture manual as his sips from his goblet a thick red liquid. He giggles a bit smiling as he takes another sip, "torture from a 100 years ago was much more brutal then today's torture...shame its not that brutal anymore" he says sounding disappointed.

Aëtherian

Xytharis peered up at the massive tower. "So, the rumours were true," she murmuured, more to herself than to anyone else. She distractedly ran her thumb over the handle of her well-worn traveling staff. True, she didn't have much gold to offer, but there was no harm in trying. Especially if all the rumours were true, and vampires didn't like... Blowing on her palm, she felt a tingling sensation as a small flame sprung to life in her hand. Fire.

NerdGoblin27

The door opens as a small creature who stands over 3 feet tall. It wears a golden mask with a stumpy body, and long lanky arms. It looks up at the woman, "Come in come in! The master is busy reading in his library" the creature opens the door more as he hobbles in letting her in. The creature gives a scratchy laugh, "I'm master Alieleni's head servant...I shall fetch the lord master down, and say he has a guest" Beff hobbles upstairs and disappears from view.

Alieleni closes the book as he hears a knock on his door. His longest lasting thrull Beff enters as he hobbles in. Beff looks up at his long time master, "I'm sorry to disturb you master, but a guest is downstairs waiting for you".
Alieleni raises his eyebrow, "a guest? I'm not expecting any guests for awhile...actually I'm waiting for that civil war in connalath to become worse and looks for me... well it's rude to leave a guest waiting" He stands up walking down to the main room. He smiles seeing and smelling the scent of a woman. he goes down showing off a brilliance of blue and red on his outfit. He finally gets down to the stairs, "Hello madam, My name is Alieleni Cryptbind...lord of this manor, And pleased to make your acquaintance. May I ask your name?" He smiles showing his teeth and fangs. 

Aëtherian

"Greetings, Lord Cryptbind," Xytharis said, inclining her head in a respectful nod. "I am Xytharis Nightsoul, trainee Magenight of Serendipity. I'll not bore you with small talk, for I wish to get this visit over with quickly. I mean no offends by this, of course, I am just used to a slightly warmer climate." The drygan allowed herself a quick, small grin. "I have heard tell that you may be selling items that I might be able to make use of."

NerdGoblin27

Alieleni smiles widely, "A woman who knows what she want's...quite a hard thing to find now an days" he crosses over to her showing of his speed to her and appearing before her, "tell me now if you don't mind an old man his curiosity, Why would a prestige's magenight appear before me? of course I must say your manners are very excellent" he motions for her to follow, as he leads her down to a large room that is barely light. The room is full of noises showing many cages full of creatures that vary from all shapes and sizes. The items in this room looks like items that would come from anyones dreams and nightmares. The room itself was very cold, the walls slightly damp with some mold growing on the walls. The chamber showed signs of a recent project which was covered by a tarp as the cage underneath shakes producing noises that would make a child wet their pant's. He opens his arms as he shows off his own private craft room, "what are you looking for miss Nightsoul...May I also say that that name is quite beautiful indeed"

Aëtherian

"Thank you," Xytharis replied courteously. "As for what I am doing here and what I am looking for..." She glanced around, frowning slightly at the cage of snakes. "I did not find the education in Serendipity... Well... Very helpful. Too much talking, not enough doing. So I've decided to seek out magical artifacts, tomes, and creatures, to see the world. I've learned more out here than I ever will back home." She gave a small shrug.

NerdGoblin27

Alieleni looks at her with a raised eyebrow, "is it that you seek a new form of education from me?" he asks tracing his fingers over a skull encrusted with gems.

Aëtherian

"Not from you directly, no," Xytharis replied, her brow furrowed in concentration as she strove to explain herself more clearly. "But if the rumours are true, and you have magical items for sale, then I might be able to use some to increase my power. My skills in the Elemental Arts are not yet as developed as I would like them to be."

NerdGoblin27

Alieleni suddenly laughs loudly, "your serious about that? if you wish to truly achieve higher marks of skill in the element's then tell me? have you ever faced a true elemental before?" Alieleni walks over towards a book opening it up, "to truly learn the elements you must first experience what they are like!" Alieleni starts chanting something that makes the room vibrate. Suddenly the floor breaks apart as a massive form rises from the ground. It looked like a massive amount of vines at first until it gave way to a form that used leaves to imitate armor. it had four glowing yellow eyes looking straight at her. Alieleni looks at her smirking with confidence, "if you want something to give you more power...then I suggest learning how to summon elementals" he walks over towards a shelf full of scrolls, "I've learned that when you summon a creature you not only have a skill to summon servants that are powerful, but you also can travel to their realm as well as gain skills from them... this elemental is called a Vengevine elemental. They are very persistent and very...hard to summon. They have very powerful regenerative abilities...if you even leave a root or leaf left they can fully revive in a matter of 30 seconds". he walks over to her showing two scrolls, "not only is the Vengevine, but another elemental" he hands them over to her having his hand still on them, "I don't want just gold for these scrolls...in exchange for these scrolls I want you to bring me a dragon hatchling" he says releasing his grip on the scrolls

Aëtherian

"A dragon hatchling?" Xytharis replied, her eyebrows raised in surprise. "A rumoredly impossible task..." Here she grinned. "But I am not one to avoid the so-called impossible. In fact, I actively try to prove that what is impossible isn't." She picked up a scroll gingerly, glancing at the writing on it, then the elemental itself. "Fine," she said. "You have yourself a deal. I'll find you a dragon hatchling, and you'll give me the scrolls."

NerdGoblin27

"I am a man of my word madam, If you retrieve a dragon hatchling for me then I will hand you the scrolls" he smiles even wider, "but consider that you might want something more...substantial for your troubles. If you bring me a hatchling, And a female dragon and male dragon, preferably both are adults, Then consider a tome full of spells plus some little magical extras awaiting for you here miss Nightsoul" Alieleni smiles as he bends over to kiss her fingers. He motions for her to go out as he follows behind, "If you wish you may spend the night here. If you decide to stay then Beff shall show you to your room" he says calmly with a hint of amusement in his voice.

Aëtherian

"I would appreciate that," Xytharis said, eyeing the grinning vampire warily. "But do remember that you won't be getting your dragons if I wake up with bite marks in my neck. I mean no offense, but all the rumours I've heard so far have been true, so I think it would be wise to pay heed to the... More unpleasant ones." She grimaced, recalling the stories she'd heard in Taverns. Drunks could be rather talkative, especially when it can to talk tales about vampires and other such creatures of nightmare and lore.

NerdGoblin27

Alieleni smiles even more, "I would never dare ruin that soft skin of yours" he says smiling, "and just so you know I prefer much more exotic blood, and don't get so worried about your blood" he says waving his hand in dismissal, "you need to age a lot more for me to consider drinking your blood, and if you become very powerful in elemental magic...I hope I may have a taste of your blood then" he says opening his arms widely

Aëtherian

"Don't count on it," Xytharis said, smirking. "If I get powerful enough to meet your expectations, I might be able to put up a decent fight." She raised her hand and snapped her fingers, a small, candle-like flame flaring briefly to life before dying. She scowled at where it had been. "Now, however...  I wouldn't last a minute."

NerdGoblin27

Alieleni smiles taking her hand and tracing with his long fingernails a rune on her palm where the flame appeared, "One should not waste time with those who do not understand what magic can truly do" AS he lets go a drip of blood hits the floor suddenly catching fire. He smiles at it, "they say blood is thicker then water...Blood contains iron which if you knew transmutation magic could have a body as hard as iron" he smiles. He then grabs her wrist tightly, "I hope as beautiful as you are can also keep their promise...it's consider rude to not uphold a bargain" he says his eyes glowing many a hue of colors as his eyes slit. He lets go his eyes becoming pure white again. "I hope to you see you again... with a few scaly guests of course"

Aëtherian

"I'm not one of those who 'forgets' a promise if it be convenient," Xytharis replied, tracing the rube on her palm with the thumb of her other hand. "You will ge your dragons, even if it takes me until I am old and weak. Not that those scrolls would be of much use to me then," she added wryly.

NerdGoblin27

Aëtherian

"I think I shall," Xytharis replied, inclining her head in a respectful nod. "It would not be worth my time to set out at this time of day. I wouldn't be able to get far without setting up camp."

NerdGoblin27

Alieleni snaps his fingers. As the sound disappears, Beff appears hobbling towards us. His golden mask reflecting the light of the torches. Beff goes up to Nightsoul, "Come with me mistress. I'll show you to your chambers". He starts hobbling over himself, As Alieleni goes back down to his private chambers.