Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Runaways [M]

Started by Incognus, November 10, 2016, 02:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incognus

"Alright," he shrugged. He unclasped the bag and pulled out a few strips of dried meat. "Suit yourself." He bit in and began filling his stomach with the salted jerky. It was good, especially after all the hiking they did. Plus, they had only eaten one meal the day before. Boreas was more famished than he realized as he dug into the meat. And he was surprised Jasper didn't feel the same way. "You sure you're feeling alright?" He asked, "like physically? I'm surprised you aren't hungry."

DragonSong

She shrugged. "I'm used to going a long time without food. I don't get hungry often." She picked up a stick and jabbed at the fire, causing a popping flurry of sparks.

Incognus

Well, that was one aspect where they differed. Boreas ate a lot, his high metabolism and age was to blame for that. He shrugged at her, "Whatever, more for me right?" he joked.

DragonSong

She chuckled and shook her head. "No, of course. Have at it."

She paused a moment, then got to her feet. "I'll go check the traps. Ah...be good, okay?"

Incognus

"Sure thing," he rolled his eyes as Jasper stood. "What do you think I'm going to do? Run off?"

DragonSong

She shrugged. "Not like you'd get far on your own, but it could happen." She moved off into the trees, quiet as a shadow.

When she returned, she was holding two hares. "You know how to skin these?" she muttered, tossing them down by the fire.

Incognus

"yeah kinda," he nodded. His father had taught him the basics of hunting when he was younger. Before- well... "I'll do my best." He took the rabbits from Jasper and looked them over. Part of him felt a little bad. But it was survival. And an animal wasn't a person. "Do you have a knife by chance?" he asked. Boreas had nothing sharp with him.

DragonSong

Jasper snorted. "Of course." She pulled a thin blade from her boot and flipped it in her hand so she could hold it out to him hilt first.

Incognus

"Thanks" he replied, taking the knife from her. Holding the first rabbit upside down, he cut it's throat and let the blood drain out of the body onto the ground nearby. Then he began skinning the animal, using the knife to make a cut along it's fur before pulling the skin off of the animal.

DragonSong

Jasper wives and glanced away. She normally didn't have much of an issue with preparing meat, but that didn't mean she enjoyed watching it.