Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Art for the art throne!

Started by November, May 18, 2013, 04:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

November

@ Zozee ; Yeah SP is pretty distinct, it's hard to get away without knowing of it in some degree XD

Anyway. MOAR.

'When she remembered, she could pull the trigger'

'I was someone once, and this view of stars belonged to her.'

'She had lost everything, but had no recollection of ever having had anything.'

Lots of not-in-great-shape Belle art to come out of fanart mode.
All Remnants art for a story arc somewhere down the line if I don't then decide it's stupid XD

November

Excuse me while all I do on here is post my art, and not post.
I will get on that.
Hopefully.

zozee9

These are all so lovely. *_* I especially like the horns in that last one. <3
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

November

Just Belle, chillin'

Those two characters in that one idea I've had for about two days \o3o/
Nameless. So nameless.

visualspice

The lighting on the top one is beautiful.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

zozee9

Those are beautiful. <3 And I agree with Spicy—that lighting is magnificent. The person on the right of the bottom picture strikes me as a Becca, just based on my random naming instinct. :3
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

November

@zozee9 Becca is a pretty good name actually! At the least, it's a place holder for now! XD

It has struck me that there's one thing I haven't done to you poor souls.

A sketch dump. Proper, non-digital sketch dump. Digital art makes up about 15% of my overall art-output, maybe (probably) less. These are a tiny amount of them, the ones I like enough to put up. I'd say my non-digital drawings are waaay stronger than my digital.

For reference, the first one imma put up is from 3-4 years ago.

And this one was yesterday XD

Feel free to complain about the spam!

visualspice

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTT

Man, I haven't drawn traditionally in ages XD
Unless I count the craft fabric 'painting' I did and stll need to upload to dev.a rt >_>

Lookin' good though ^_^
It's always fun to see your art work so no worry about the spam >D
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

zozee9

Woahhhh you've improved a lot. *_* Great job (on the improvement and on all of these)! <3

November

@visualspice You should get back into it! I carry a sketchbook everywhere for those 'ah-ha!' moments. That and my tablet tends to freak out on me so keeping my pencil and paper skills sharp helps my sanity XD

@zozee9 I've improved more than I thought I would have. And ironically, that old drawing is of Spike from Cowboy Bebop. An anime I didn't actually watch until last November! I think I drew it for my sister because she was really into it at the time.

Anyway, I had my exhibition held Friday 6th after many weeks work (only me, my tutor, and one other classmate helped to set all the boards up in the exhibition space /painting them, sanding them, filling the holes, gumtaping them etc./) and it was pretty good fun. A whole bunch of people took my business cards so whoop whoop!

This was a picture taken by the College photographer the evening before the actual day.

And this is a fairly low-quality photo my sister randomly decided to take. As you can probably tell, the pieces have changed about and there's a new one. I only hung up 6 of the 12 I drew altogether, because I knew I'd hate most of them! It was a great way to get to know facial features better. Wall of text below the image for a brief description of the topic I chose.

The art was about sisterhood and unity among all walks of women in a world that is always pitting women against each other, but an understanding that we cannot hold other women to our standard of what being a woman means. The idea that real equality for all women won't even be achieved if we don't understand all women are different, not all women have vagina's, and that there is no 'right way' to express freedom as women. I'm sure most of you know a woman that would say another woman is oppressed because she wears a hijab or something similar. If you live in America or somewhere like the UK and see a woman wearing any kind of religious garment, she's probably doing so out of choice. She might just as easily think a woman in a pair of shorts or a bikini is submitting her body for the pleasure of men. I went to a clothes store once in London, and the women who bought the most were covered head to toe in a niqab, not a man in sight, they were obviously not being oppressed. The woman in the top center is (supposed to be) Laverne Cox, a black transgendered woman who you might know from Orange Is The New Black, and a lot of cisgenderd women might think she has no right to her identity as a woman because her biological sex was not the same. She was recently featured in Time Maganize and is bringing out a documentary about the journeys of transgendered teens facing varying levels of support. Obviously I have tried to portray as many different races as possible, because as can be the case, more privileged (white straight cis) women do not stand up for their more oppressed sisters.