Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Take aim, hold, and... dance? (sjinji)

Started by SilmeriaElemred, October 19, 2014, 08:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinji Kuruno

He woke up and seeing himself alone took out the second letter she sent and started reading it

Tetsu banged into her front door trying to compose his messed hair and scruffy clothes

"Hello miss ?"

He called through her door he had managed to get lucky with a different dancer the first one happened to be engaged he had a good time tho in this new city of commander Kato he didn't know why he stiil thought of him as commander he guessed he respected Kato for how he helped get his ass away from the hangman

SilmeriaElemred

''Not so loud... I have neighbours who already complain if I practise dancing'' Leyla said with a chuckle as she let Tetsu in. She looked at him for a moment. ''Melonni, Erica... or both.'' she asked simply guessing by the way he looked. The twins who went by their just mentioned names were feisty ones. ''And I am sure they stole something from you if you had either of them.''

After letting Tetsu in she closed the door. ''Kato is still sleeping. I think.'' she said as she went to the table to place down a flask of juice.

--

Kato,
The messenger told me that you joined the rangers. Be careful out there will you? Hopefully he can bring me a letter from you back to me.

Remember Denzel? He went to school with us after he moved in here. Although he got homeschooled eventually. We well. Started going out recently. Not so sure what it will become. I have no interest in being more then friends with him. He is... well. To playfull I think.

Will you be there for my birthday? I know, birthdays are not so special anymore but we could perhaps have a picknick or something. Your father does not have to know then you would have come back even for a short while?

Also I have decided too to dance a bit more for public. I tried a few times and it was less embarresing then I initially thought. You should watch me sometime.

Leyla

Shinji Kuruno

He started crying and snuck out the window and walked to where they used to play and sat down holding the letters the second was worse he pulled out the 3rd letter and opened it and started reading it trying not to ruin it with his tears

Tetsu followed her grinning

"I had them both and what was taken was no price for the fun"

He told her grinning wide and bowed

"I have a date with Erica tonight"

He adds and looks around for food

"I'm starving and after last night 3 days without food is catching up"

He tells hers his tummy rumbling

SilmeriaElemred

''Best to wait for Kato though. I am not done yet. Any pre tasting will earn you a little slap on the hands. Got it?'' Leyla replied. ''Although I could give you a coffee prior. Af for the twins, just be carefull they do not rob you naked.''

She was not sure what to think of Tetsu. Personally she had a rather dislike for those whom visited whores but it was to soon to judge.

Leyla went to the kitchen and returned with a cup of strong coffee. ''Milk and sugar is on the table. But no snatching anything else.'' she warned.

---
Kato,

We are... friends right? Perhaps I hoped for to much but I at the least had expected one letter back. I know they reach you, the messenger is giving them to you personally.

Things did not go so well. Mother got badly sick after she got robbed while taking a walk outside of the town gathering plants and herbs. They injured her with an iron dagger. I feel so... lost. Please Kato. I need you.
Denzel and his family supported me and father will soon be back. I hope he will be on time.

Please... a sign of life. Anything.

Leyla

Shinji Kuruno

(I remembered what I wanted to ask how many letters ??)
(And do ya know what the gold is for on this forum it keeps detailing gold ?)

Kato was rocking back and forth after that letter he hadn't noticed her mom at the party

"L-Leyla i-im s-sorry"

He whispered and opened the forth letter

Tetsu sighed and went to make coffee, its wasn't his house or his friend so he done what she said and didn't take anything besides the coffee then walked to the door and stood there drinking his coffee

"Its funny kato is asleep still"

Tetsu murmured aloud thinking how for 4 years he never slept more than a few hours everyday and the smell of her food would have woken Kato up

"Commander Kato never slept late if at all we had to wonder, he pushed and was still fair, Miss before he ran off did you to have a thing ? He every now and then I could see he had been crying and he doesn't look so mean I have to wonder how the best ranger also cried"

He said aloud and turned to her, she saw worry in his face

"Did you know he is a half elf ?"

He then asked

SilmeriaElemred

((I am not sure what that gold thing is. I think it is inactive. As for the letters... she'd send one every month. So.. yea xD  count))

''We are... childhood friends'' Leyla replied. ''Neighbours... grew up together. I know he is a half elf. I know more about him then he knows. At least from before the past 4 years. I descent from the fae myself hence my... weakness to iron'' Leyla replied. She wondered what took Kato so long. But did not dare to go upstairs and check. Not at first anyway.

--
I wonder why I keep writing. It is like a dairy that does not answer back. If writing a letter is to much you could give the messenger a spoken message too. A simple hello... would already mean so much to me.

Mother recovered although barely. It may take a while for her to be her normal self. Father had returned too and is trying to put justice on those who robbed and nearly killed my mother.

On the positive note, dancing is going better. And occasionally am asked to perform.
It distracts me a little from what has been going on. Are you, safe? You better be.

Leyla

--
Leyla took a deep breath and went upstairs. ''Kato! Breakfast is ready! Are you coming? If not Tetsu will perhaps eat your share!'' she called. She stopped at the door and knocked. ''Are you decent? I will count to five and then open the door. One...''

Shinji Kuruno

He stopped himself opening another his mind in pain for what he had done ignoring the letters he had 44 letters left to read 1 every month
He tried to stand to return to her house but his tears were blinding him

"I'm sorry I'm sorry"

He whispered over and over his eyes red from crying by the time he finally managed to sit and stop crying
He stayed in their old hide out

Tetsu stayed down stairs wondering what was wrong

"Yes what she says may be true"

He bellowed and went to the room and barged in intending to shake kato up and us some excuse for a joke but instead an emty room welcomed him
Not knowing kato left and thinking she done something to him since he hadn't been around Tetsu drew his katana and pointed it at her throat

"Where is Kato"

He hissed venomoulsy his eyes showing worry and anger at her and himself for trusting kato's word that she was good and trust worthy

SilmeriaElemred

''I dont know I swear!'' Leyla replied. Feeling the metal burn on her skin even though it did not nessesarily touch her. Steel was made with iron and basicly was just as bad to her. ''P.. please... blade... iron...'' She closed her eyes. SInce it was not removed right away she apolagised and bent herself quickly backwards in the way not many people could. Contortion had its positive sides and Leyla was agile enough to fit herself in a small box if she had too. With another movement she tackled Tetsu and after he fell pressed her knee on the wrist that held the katana so he could not use it. Her other knee was on his other arm giving it a pressure. As quick as a snake she moved her hands towards his eyes until her fingers were barely an inch away from them. Her nails certainly could blind him would she have proceeded.

''If you want me dead just do that without the torture. Kato was here when I left the room.'' she said as tears from her own eyes fell down her face.
''I understand your frustration since four years ago he left without a word. He could have suggested to take me along but no. He left. He abandoned me! Had not responded to my letters for all those years. I have waited alright? And now you are accusing me?''

She weakened the pressure on Tetsu's arms and wrist. More tears forming. ''He... did he abandon me again?...'' she burried her face in her hands and cried.

Shinji Kuruno

Kato had arrived in time to see her pinning Tetsu and heard what she said, tears were streaming down his eyes

"N-no I will not leave you again"

He said his voice shaky as he staggered to her his vision still blurred from crying and hugged her pulling her tight against him

"I-i'm s-sorry I left you here I'm so sorry"

He whispered crying openly, he held her closer to him

"For 4 years I looked at these letters and never opened them in the beggining it was fear of being found then after a years and 12 I ....could bear to read it and after 4 years they hurt so bad to read and I will read them all, Why my dad and I fought was over you"

He said sinking to his knees holding her. He went silent after that

Tetsu bolted up and bowed

"Sorry commander"

he breathed

SilmeriaElemred

Leyla was not sure how she felt. It was a mix of everything really. Anger. Relief. Built up hidden pressure from emotions from the past years. Her body shook. She had told herself last night she would pretend nothing had happened. That if she'd just let things be things would go back to normal. But perhaps, 4 years was just a gap to big for now. It required time to built a bridge.

''Will it matter if you read them now?...'' she asked. ''Also. Why on earth would the fight be about me.'' she burried her face in his clothes like she had done so often before if she had fallen on the pavement or got hurt in whatever other way. It had the nostalgic feeling of safety.

Shinji Kuruno

Tetsu left them to talk and walked to an inn to get food he wasn't going to wait any longer for food and he figured that chat would still be a while and he desperately needed food now

Kato held her staying quiet what would he tell her "I think I should read them....I'm so sorry I never wrote back I'm sorry"he whispered rocking slightly as he held her he didn't want to talk much after that he only held her his tummy was hollow and he was hungry but he wanted to hold her forever and not let go 

SilmeriaElemred

By the time Leyla was out of tears, Kato's shirt was wet. She had surrendered herself to the embrace and it was not until a short while after Tetsu had left that she dared even as much looking at Kato. ''Can you... tell me what the argument was about?'' she asked. Using the sleeve of her blouse to wipe away the remains of the tears from her face and released the longheld embrace. ''Perhaps over breakfast? I did make it after all.'' she joked.

Shinji Kuruno

He nodded and stood up then helped her up "breakfast sounds good"he whispers and heads for the kitchen "it smells good"he adds very hungry

When he arrived in the kitchen he sat down and made tea not touching the food he had a suspicion she was like her mom and would smack or get angry so he didn't

SilmeriaElemred

Before sitting down she poured juice in their glasses and poured the tea he had made in the cups. The bread was not hot anymore but still warm and fresh. She did occasionaly rub the place where Tetsu's katana had been close at. ''It would better taste good, I have been at this nearly the entire morning.'' she said

''So... Kato... mind finally telling me what that arguement about me between you and your father was about? You know I will keep bugging you about it till you answer me...'' Her prestering from when they were kids was not as far as annoying as now. But she was still good at getting someone to talk at one point. She cut a slice of the bread and put it on her plate before applying a paste made out of peanuts. ''If you do not wish to speak of it...  will have to live with it but I'd rather just know.''

Shinji Kuruno

"It playes over and over that fight and in simple terms he said I would be wasting my talents on a dancer and that I could become someone great with my smarts ...I'm retaliation I joined the rangers in another land ...weakest kid that ever joined the rangers they said ...said I'd be dead in a week ...nearly did die in a week"he explains and notices her rubbing her neck "what's wrong with your neck ?"He asked drinking some of the juice she poured for them

SilmeriaElemred

''Iron... steel is just as bad for me'' Leyla replied. ''Like the old days if it even just as much gets close to my skin it just gives this burning feeling. Tetsu judged to quickly and blamed me for your disappearance and acted rationally. I will be fine though. I barely feel my wrists aching. As long as I am not cut by iron I should be alright.'' she paused. ''still... wasing talents on a dancer? Did your father mean we were not permitted to be friends? If I have to believe my own fathers words your father occasionally drooled over my mother when she performed until she heavily rejected him.'' she chuckled and took a slice of bread, topped it with honey and ate it.

Shinji Kuruno

"He did ? What why"he asks in surprised "and no my father did not mean as friends"he added leaving it there as he stood up and walked to her placing his hand over her neck he quickly healed neck this time completely "there ya go and I'm sorry I ran off"he murmurs going to his seat to eat

SilmeriaElemred

''Sorry for the first time you did so or the second.'' she said but smiled. ''So he meant... as lovers?'' she asked with a blush on her face. ''It Does not matter anymore that you left... I am just very glad you are back so... lets just forget the fact you had ran off. I do not want to hold a grudge against you, or argue with you. I am sure my mother would love to see you again too. If you'd like to see her though. I do warn you she looks a little bit... different since she got robbed and attacked. But fortunatly her personalty is still warm as ever.'' she cut off a slice of cheese and ate it on some raisin bread.

''Truth be told I... had considered leaving as well for already a while. But I can not even as much hold a weapon since they are made of steel or iron. I had saved money to hire someone to take me elsewhere. I just wanted to see a bit more then just well. This.''

Shinji Kuruno

"Your mother ...I'd love to its been a long time"he replied though it seemed he was now in deep thought "I was apologizing for the second one..."He added softly before looking at her an tilting his head "I'll join ....you ...in your quest ...I won't charge an we can share the spoils...I don't know if Tetsu will join ...but none the less I will join your quest"he explained 'its the least I can do' he thought to himself promising to never leave her side again as long aaas he draws breath he would stay close

SilmeriaElemred

Leyla could not help but laugh. ''Share the spoils?'' she got on her feet and placed one boot on her chair, closing one of her eyes and formed one of her hands holding her fork as if it were a hook. ''Yaharr me maties, heave ho and pirate songs as we go!'' she said.

''Soory'' she said removing her foot from her chair. ''Sharing spoils sounds pirate like.'' she sat down again. ''It would be nice if he could join. He is a friend of yours after all and a friend of yours is a friend of mine. I just hope that the twins at the least let him keep his clothes...'' other then the girls being dancers she had little in common with them and how they treated people was not something she prefered.

''We could meet my mother later today if you like. She knows about my plans of leaving but I am sure her heart would be at ease if she knew I would be in the presence of someone she knows and can well. Protect me.''