Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Take aim, hold, and... dance? (sjinji)

Started by SilmeriaElemred, October 19, 2014, 08:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

It was dusk but since dawn a party had been going on in a broad streed in Arca the capital of Serendipity. Whatever the occasion, it was a happy one. With quality drinks, appetisers, and performances. One of the performers, was Leyla. A young adult in the bloom of her life. She would not earn that much from performing today but she did not mind. She did it for the fun. The release. She was wearing her special green dress with yellow and orange flowers embroided on it, and yellow mesh sleeves.

She was agile. Capable of something named contortion which allowed her to make movements impossible for basicly anyone else. Unless they had trained themselves to do so. But most of her dances involved her playing a silver sideways flute. Around her ankles were silver bands with bells making a soft jingling noise with every step she took.

A performance showing off her contortion was her final act for the day. And when her performance was done those who watched clapped and Leyla bowed deeply before she wished everyone a fine evening and took on the offer of the one whom had invited her to eat some of the lovely food. But not everyone on a party was there to celebrate occasions and her moment of calmness were soon to pass when two men widely grinning stood on each side of her.

''Hello there lassie'' one of them said and took a piece of food. ''Nice flexible body you have. We know something else that is usefull for it too.'' the other added. Before Leyla could comment however one of the attendants took Leyla's hand and pulled her towards him. ''Sorry men. She's mine. Also. Invited people only''

The one who spoke spat on the ground. ''Fine. We were just leaving anyway.'' he said grumpily and left with his buddy

''Thank you Olaffson'' Leyla said and sighed deeply. ''Please. Leyla. Its Denzel.'' he said with a chuckle and gave his empty glass to a servant. ''A final dance with me? The party will end soon'' he said and offered his hand which Leyla took.

Shinji Kuruno

(to lazy to pm ya :P sowwy can we close this for now to just us))

2 Strangers entered the dance and looked out of place one in blue pants standing taller than than the on in black leather, Both sharing white cotton shirts

"Kato did you see those 2 ruffins try their luck with the dancer"

Tetsu whispered to Kato his hand on his broad swords hilt

Kato turned to Tetsu

"Yes i did"

He hissed trying to stay calm, he walked upto her,He tried to smile through the feelings and memories rushing at him

SilmeriaElemred

Leyla laughed as she danced with Denzel. He was a handsome man. At least, handsome for a human. The wellkept ringbeard made him look a little older then he most likely was however.
Her laugh however vanished when she believed to see a glimpse of a familiar face. But more had joined in on what seemed to be a folk dance. And soon it was impossible to reach Leyla the normal way. Fortunatly this dance required the people to switch partners every few seconds and both Tesu and Kato were soon involved in the dance by one of the female attendants.

Leyla on her side, wanted confirmination. That face. Was that truely his? Had he finally come back? If so before she would remotely hug him perhaps a scolding would be in place for never writing her. A few more glimpses. Until she felt a firm grip on her wrist and a pull. When she looked up she saw the same two men. Grinning with their yellow teeth. She wanted to scream but then felt something burning painfully on her skin. Iron bracelets. Being from the fae folk iron was a natural weakness and soon sipped away her strength and fell on the pavement almost like a ragdoll.

''Looks like you are highly sensitive'' the biggest goof said as he knelt down. ''All we wanted was some private entertainment.'' he took a handfull of her long hair and smelled it. ''Like a flowerfield.'' he said as he exhaled and observed her. ''Come brother. She wont scream now.'' he assured as he let go of her hair.

Shinji Kuruno

Kato bared his teeth and turned to Tetsu

"distraction"

He whispered

Tetsu grinned and drew his broad sword and cut a few patrens

"HAHAHAHAHAHA"

he laughed manically scaring the place into silence

Kato snuck to the goons and drew his katana and ingulfed it in fire and stabbed the smaller one through the chest saving the one who pulled her hair for an open fight, He quenched the flames

"For touching her I will make you beg for mercy"

~C~

Shinji Kuruno

Tetsu sheathed his sword and stayed in the shadows

Kato grinned wide and sheathed his katana and unshouldered his elegant long bow

"For you a special treat"

He whispered engulfing the first arrow in ice
He notched his arrow and aimed at his leg and leg it fly
He repidly drew a second and chose fire and and notched and let fly into the other leg
Redrew and notched a 3rd and chose not to use it

"No not today"

Whispered and shouldered his long bow and lifted Leyla up

~C~

Shinji Kuruno

Kato looked into her eyes wondering if she remembered, Wondering if she would know that she had been on his mind every night for 4 years

"L-Leyla"

He whispered softly looking into her eyes deeper the green slightly dulled from when she last saw them

~D~

SilmeriaElemred

''Kato..'' she whispered. The cuffs were still on her wrists but would be easy to remove as long as it would be done by someone not so sensitive to iron.

''Is she alright?'' Denzel asked.''Not stabbed or scratched?'' Denzel was no descendant of the faefolk but know what iron could do to them and quickly removed the cuffs before turning to the man whom tried to make his way to his brother.''You two again..'' he growled. The one stabbed was the most injured and he could not say he wished more harm upon them. But taking them down now would be murder.

''We just wanted to play with her... have her dance for us..'' the one who touched her sobbed.

Denzel ordered two guards to bring the men to the infirmary andthen shoukd be taken into custody to await the consequenses for their actions. He then looked at the two rangers.''mind to give a little demonstration to ease the minds of my guests?'' He asked them.''you made quite the entry''

Shinji Kuruno

Kato didn't put her down he looked to Tetsu and smiled before walking to the edge of the party

"Yes ..I-its K-Kato"

He managed to murmur his mind running off without him, He sat her down then sat next to her

Tetsu drew his broad sword and looked to Kato

Kato flicked his fingers and engulfed Tetsu's broadsword on fire

Tetsu grinned

"Ok who wants a story ?"

He asked as he buried his Sword into the ground

"As a ranger I have many a story to tell, I am Tetsu Hitake"

He bellowed

SilmeriaElemred

Most people fortunatly had missed the ruckus.

''Denzel! Never a party thrown by you without suprises.'' One of the guests spoke. The attention at the least was now on Tetsu. And many buying this improvisement as a planned event.

Leyla still felt weak from the iron and looked at Kato. ''I want to both hug you and punch you... where the helk have you been... not a single letter or reply of any sorts. What were you thinking.'' She muttered. But then smiled.''it is good to see you are back though and had made a friend.''

Shinji Kuruno

He smiled weakly and seeing her hurt he rubbed his hands together and whispered some words and slowly healed her and restored some of her energy

"I-I couldn't write ...I chose Drgoni Forest and the most Isolated and violent part, I....My father ..I ..We had a fight and I left"

He whispered to her and looked into her eyes

"Many a night you were all I could think of, dream of, My only friend I could count on and only friend I missed"

he took her hand and smiled feeling her skin again

SilmeriaElemred

''Four years Kato... I am sure you could have sent one letter. I mean... mine arrived right?'' She asked with a pouting face. She then looked at him and smiled. '' Welcome back.'' She whispered and placed a kiss on his cheek like she had done so many times when they were kids and watched the show Tetsu was performing.''how long will you be staying? If you are looking for a place to sleep I could make some space for you both.'' She suggested

Shinji Kuruno

"Y-Yes ...I-I ....never o-opened them"

he whispers and pulls out very bent and crooked papers that look like they were hanled a lot

"Permanant, Im staying Tetsu might stay"

He added as Tetsu finished One of their long tales of adventure in Dragoni Foerest

Tetsu walked Kato and stayed Silent and grinning at one of the dancers

"Tetsu is an odd person"

He murmured softly and smiled putting the letters away and pulled out an Emerald jeweled necklace with an elagant gold chain

SilmeriaElemred

Leyla seemed disappointed and sad that Kato had not even bothered opening her letters. Had their friendship not meant anything to him? Then again he did save them.

''When a girl sends letters... you are supposed to open them.'' she said a bit sad. ''Idiot...'' she muttered and took a deep breath before pulling herself together and got on her feet. ''Alright. Settled then. Until you both have a main residence or figured out what to do you can stay at my place.'' she looked at Tetsu and then at Kato. Noticing the necklace in his hands. She had not noticed it before since her mind was wondering why he had not opened the letters she had sent and tilted her head. ''Whats that?'' she asked curious. It looked pretty and certainly way out of reach with her current salary

Shinji Kuruno

"I-I couldn't open them, I-I tried s-so many times"

He whispered and quickly put the necklace over her neck and done the clasp

"I-I put all my gold into that, A-All my pay"

He whispered, He knew she was sad 4 years and he could still tell

Tetsu turned and smiled

"dumb kid spend 3 years gold wages on that"

He told her and looked at the dancer again

Kato coloured a little holding her hands in his

SilmeriaElemred

Leyla barely wore jewelery. If she had it were either silver bells on her wrists and ankels, or beads made out of cheap gems or glass. The main reason was her sensitivity to iron. It was not visable where the bands around her wrists had been but she certainly still felt it.

She looked at the necklace. It was beautiful and nearly wanted to refuse. How the heck was she supposed to accept this? She released her hands from Kato's and embraced him warmly. ''Why on earth would you do such a thing for me...'' she said finally allowing her tears fall. A few of them anyway. ''Welcome back'' she whispered. ''I missed you...'' she was just not capable of being mad at him or pretend to be. Till a certain degree though.

''Well Kato. Are you going to properly introduce your friend to me?'' she asked.

Before any answer could be given though Denzel showed up with two pouches. One was smaller and was given to Tetsu. The bigger one to Leyla. ''Thank you for today. For multiple things.'' he told them. The pouches contained coins or better said, their payment.

Shinji Kuruno

Kato flinched a little

"Tetsu take it all, I want no pay for protecting Leyla"

He said calmly to Denzel
and stood up and bowed

"I am Kato Misaki Former Ranger of Dragoni Forest"

He said to the crowd

"I have returned to Arca my home"

he finished and smiled at Leyla

"He is Tetsu my friend I was his commanding officer and we became friends"

Tetsu walked to the dancer he had been and grinned as he tossed the gold to her, He soon started talking to her

SilmeriaElemred

''Former ranger...'' Leyla repeated. She wondered what happened.

''Pleasure to meet you. Kato. My name is Denzel. Sorry about those men earlier. Despite guards some always manage to sneak in.'' he looked at Leyla.

''I am alright'' she told him before he could ask and looked at Tetsu and the girl he was talking too. And watched her making some more exclusive moves. ''I hope he wont be disappointed that she is already married.'' she said and took a deep breath. The party was as good as over and both those who took care of the entertainment, and those who attended as guests were leaving the area.

''You can choose to stay or head home. I suggest though Leyla you get some rest. You are highly sensitive for iron after all. Thank you for performing today.'' he took her hand and kissed it gently before bowing to Kato. ''Till we meet again. Thank you for saving her.'' he said and walked to Tetsu quickly and thanked him too before departing.

Leyla took hold of Kato's sleeve. She actually would not mind going home, make something warm to drink and rest. But she figured it would be nice to wait for Tetsu.

Shinji Kuruno

"I'll explain later and nope he wont, In fact he might take her home if she allows or the an Inn"

He replied and grinned to her

"We can go, We ..Might see him tomorrow"

He whispers and takes her hand

"Lead the way"

he murmured

Tetsu smiled he was enjoying her company

SilmeriaElemred

''Her being Denzels fiancee I rather doubt it.'' Leyla said with a chuckle and guided Kato to her home in the area where the less wealthy among the commoners lived.

''Make yourself at home. Can I make something to drink for you?'' she asked as she lit a fire in the fireplace, some candles and oillamps for warmth and light. It was a cozy home and a simple one. Before she went to the kitchen though she removed the bells from her wrists and ankles and put her earnings away safe. She placed a kettle with water on the fire to make some tea or coffee from.

Shinji Kuruno

He was a little shocked at where she lived, Even when they were young she was good

"Why do you live in this district"

He suddenly asked when she had finished with the kettle

"N-nevermind"

He looked down realizing it was not his place in fact after 4 years he was lucky she didn't spit in his face and smack him or worse kick

"Im a former Ranger because Tetsu got drunk and beat up a high ranked Soldier, He was gonna get it bad so I took some blame and my rank helped"

~C~