Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Take aim, hold, and... dance? (sjinji)

Started by SilmeriaElemred, October 19, 2014, 08:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinji Kuruno

"My ranked Helped us get out good discharge instead of jail or worse for Tetsu and I recieved an honourable discharge for my services"

He explained his voice not like someone who regreted leaving

"I guess I needed an excuse to come home, I was on my way to the top and there wasn't anyway I could leave"

He said and stood near the stove

~D~

SilmeriaElemred

''so it was not possible to say 'sorry guys it has been fun but I'm leaving' ?'' Leyla asked. Gathering a teapot and put herbs in it for the tea.

''As for why I live in this district... I am no longer living with my parents, do not really have an honorable job... so if I earn less a few times I cam simply still make it. Although I considered leaving since a few years.'' she admitted. She sat down since she still had to wait for the water to boil. ''I would like to join a traveling circus of some sorts. Dance elsewhere. Without memories. If things had been different... it was me being Denzels fiancee.'' she paused. ''But.. I was not interested despite he is rich. I could not say yes over his money and I did not love him in a different way then friendship. My mother called me an idiot.'' she chuckled and looked at Kato. ''You sure you do not want anything to drink? I am not angry at you anymore. Well. Not as much as first.''  she winked and chuckled.

Shinji Kuruno

"Nope I couldn't walk away"

he murmured and looked at the water and boiled it faster

"Tea"

he added not wanting to talk about Denzel's proposal, He had known Denzel but back then they been friends, And Kato had been a sort of smart kid that couldn't fight very well, But had a heart of gold and determination like non had seen

"Gimme some time outside please"

He left

(he is about to read Letter 1 and if ya want you can say whats written, Everynow and then he will read a letter)

SilmeriaElemred

'Kato... where did you go?
The one finding and delivering the letter to you will know sooner then me.
But I am worried. I heard you had a fight with your father. You could have went to my place you know. Then again...  you wouldnot be you if you did not have these kind of actions right?

I am doing alright but miss you. Will you write me back? Please? Tell me how you are doing. Where you are. I would like to see you again.

Leyla'

She watched Kato leave and tended to making the tea for now. Understanding that Kato needed the distance for now. She could not blame him. Perhaps she had been to selfish. But still. Four years. It had been a long time.

Shinji Kuruno

His jaw tightened it was like looking at the past the fight, His packing up and leaving in the night the journey, and She sent him a letter through all that, His eyes filled with tears, silently he weeped he had more letters and this was the first, he put it back inside the envelope and put it with the rest and hide them in his coat knowing he was not ready for the next

He stayed out longer till he regained himself then entered for the Tea his eyes slightly puffy

SilmeriaElemred

''Here..'' Leyla said softly and presented Kato a cup of herbal tea placing it on the low table near the fire before she walked to Kato. She could see he had been crying. But decided not to ask. ''You know...'' she gained a playfull smile. There had been enough serious things going on for one night. It was time for some fun. ''I did not manage to tickle you for four years either!'' before Kato even knew it she started to tickle him all over

Shinji Kuruno

he gasped at her words and tried to flee but she caught him and he started laughing and gasping for air she had him and after 4 years she still caught him by surprise

"Help. Help help"

He gasped more and tried to escape writhing and wiggling, His jaw aching after so long not laughing

SilmeriaElemred

Leyla stopped after he had fallen and sat on his stomach victoriously. ''Fortunatly there are things that do not change.'' she got off him and offered her hands. ''Dance with me'' she requested. A faint blush on her cheeks. She smiled and there were a few tears in her eyes which fell down her cheeks when she blinked. But she did not seem sad. She just seemed happy

Shinji Kuruno

He smiled and took her waist his hand on the small of her back and took her hand into his other hand

"Tears of joy ?"

he murmured his voice a little strained as he thought about what those other letters might hold, he slowly swayed with her dancing to the sound of life

"Been years since I laughed"

He said cheery almost like old days

SilmeriaElemred

''Tears of joy.'' Keyla confirned. Although there were tears of relief too. How often had she almost hoped for him to be in the afterlife so nobody could hurt his soul? Those days were over now.

Leyla allowed her head to rest against Kato's chest.''welcome back'' she whispered

Shinji Kuruno

He held her close to him happy to be back, He had missed her a lot

"Im happy to be back"

he whispered and kissed her cheek

"I'll take first watch"

He said and immidaitly wished he hadn't said it

"Ignore that where c-can I sleep Tetsu has the sleeping sacks, Im sorry about that"

He added and lifted her chin to look into her eyes before he let her chin go and went to make himself more tea

SilmeriaElemred

''Well we are not kuds anymore so the same bed would not be a good plan. I will prepare something for you.'' She quickly finished jer tea and headed up the stairs where she prepared a thick mat and some blankets. It would have to do for now.

Back downstairs she poured another cup of tea and sat down at the fire.''Thank you Kato...for the present. I do not understand why you'd spend so much on a girl like me but I like it. I just hope you did look after yourself well in the past four years.''

Shinji Kuruno

He stayed quiet a little then looked at her his eyes softening

"Your not just any girl to me Leyla, your one of the most important people in my life and after 4 years of missing you that emerald necklace isn't enough"

He explained and thought of her comment on age

"Yeah that would be kinda awkward at this point in time first night back would look funny"

He murmured and tilted his head, he hadn't felt so happy in a long time not even the promotions felt as good as seeing leyla again

"I did as best I can to protect myself. Stabbed 3 times and an arrow in the side, nearly died from that arrow 3 years ago after that they couldn't get me I had trained harder and harder pushing myself to and beyond my limits"

He explained trying to sound offhand about the arrow 3 years ago

SilmeriaElemred

''I have pushed some limits too. Although not nearly as dangerous as yours. As for you, what were you thinking!...'' she had walked towards him and slammed his chest a few times. Not hard though. Leyla was agile but far from strong. It had been like that her entire life. She relief more on her cunning. ''You better not get severely injured again mister...'' she poked his chest. She stopped doing so though and observed him a little. ''You've grown though... I think that you've finally outgrown me. As for sleeping, we do sleep in the same room. The other room it is well. Kind of full.''

Shinji Kuruno

He took her arms after her reaction

"I'm fine and alive and came back for you"

He whispered softly looking into her eyes

"I won't put myself in warms way needlessly again"
"What do you mean I outgrew you ?"

He  asked a little worried as he felt happier with her than he had in years, her mention of packed room made him chuckle she must have a ton of clothes

"I'll take the floor, I'm used to it haven't slept in a bed in almost 4 years in fact as they don't like us sleeping like peacable folk"

He told her flexing himself as he was tired and sleep sounded grand

SilmeriaElemred

Leyla smiled softly. ''I always was the one standing up for you. Takig your hand, pulling you along, with you outgrowing me I meant that you are now the one leading the way'' she replied.

After finishing the tea together she lead him upstairs to her room. ''I will clear and clean the other room tomorrow. But till then...'' she opened the door revealing a simple room with a bed beside the window and the mat she had placed down earlier with the blankets. ''Can you turn around for a moment? I will then change into my sleepingwear''

Shinji Kuruno

"I guess your right about me outgrowing you if we look at it that way then again I have only just returned what says you won't be pulling me around again like old times ?"

He asked looking away for her to dress tho he had lived a poor life of a ranger he had thought her amazing dancing and skills would have made her more money

SilmeriaElemred

''Because I have changed a littlebit concerning that as well.'' Leyla spoke as she unbuttoned the dress and let it slide off her skin. Giving Kato a short hug from behind. ''Just a little'' she added before picking the dress up and put on her nightgown. She hang the dress neatly over a stool.
''I am decent now.'' she spoke. ''I hope you have your own sleeping clothes though... I do not have male ones.''

Shinji Kuruno

One of the highest paid rangers and he was the poorest ranger

"Nope I'll be sleeping on that rug in what I'm in"

He told her as he turned and smiled pointing the the rug/mat on her room floor, he did unbuckle his katana and put his quiver and bow down at the door and gave a soft smile before plonking down on the rug, he laid himself back and stared at the roof wondering what Tetsu was doing

"Goodnight Leyla"

He murmured loud before he passed out finally

SilmeriaElemred

Leyla watched him sleep for a moment before she finally drifted off herself. Holding the necklace he had given her. In her head she still called him an idiot still. But with a smile.

--
By the time Kato had woken up Leyla was already downstairs. Having visited a local baker and had bought a couple of things to eat. She was preparing breakfast although not sure if she had to prepare for his friend too. As kind as Denzel was he'd probably not allow a stranger to sleep in his home after all unless there truely was no place to stay