Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Target Running (massimo scaffaldi)

Started by JackieCat, June 15, 2015, 06:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

Seeira bit her lip at his words, she partially agreed with him, by there was no way that what he had done in the bar had been the right thing to do, but at least now he was making at least a little sense.  Her thoughts about him lifted a bit, maybe he wasn't so bad?  All those thoughts disappeared as the arrogant smirk appeared again on his face.

When he motioned her to follow, she did, but though she wanted to get home, she would have much rather been with someone else.

She walked in the direction the bartender had instructed, but they were still in the shady part of town when dark forms appeared in the shadows.

"Stop," a voice said, and then twenty, no, thirty people stepped out of the shadows, surrounding the two.  They all wore dark clothes, mostly lesther.

"You both look very out of place here," the man in front, a burly figure with short cropped dark hair and a hard face, said.  "You there, big guy, you're very strong, you would make a very good slave in the mines.   And you, girl, you're not very strong, but I'm sure there's plenty of work in the kitchen for a girl like you."

So they were slavers.  Seeira stepped closer to Claiomh, but it was two against thirty, and it wasnt as though Seeira could fight!  They had little chance of forcibly resisting.

"So," the slavers leader said, pulling a broadsword off his back, the other slavers drew their own weapons.  "Will there be a fight where we have to hurt you?  Or will you come quietly?"

"Well come quietly!" Seeira said quickly.  They had no chance of fighting now, but perhaps they could escape later.

A smile spread across the man's face. "Very good."

There was a hiss in the air, and Seeira looked down too see a dart in her arm.  She looked over at Claiomh, and there was a dart in him as well.  Her vision grew hazy, and darkness crept before her eyes.  She was dimly aware of falling to the street, but then all was black.

(OOC: I was thinking that when they wake they're in a dungeon in Essyrn.  I know that traveling that far would take a while, but they could have been fed and watered on the trip by magical means.)
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

massimo scaffaldi

Claiomh huffed at the oafish man's comment.

"Very good slave indeed, I would be the perfect slave without equal you simpleton."

Seeira interupted his witty comeback with her surrender to which Claiomh simply gawked at her in confusion for a few moments.  What in the blackest abyss is she surrendering for?  Does she not realize by now that I can deliver blows that can shatter mountains, part oceans, reduce entire armies to bawling children wetting themselves as I...

"Ow..."

A dart lodged itself in in his forearm while he monologued to himself and the poison began to take hold.

"Oh, you better believe I am going to snap your neck with my thighs you... insolent... mother..."

Claiomh collapsed on the ground and lost consciousness, perfectly.

JackieCat

Waking up was a slow and unpleasant process. 

Seeira became aware that she was lying on cold, wet ground.  It was stone, and Seeira tried to open her eyes to look around, but they would not obey her, so she had to use her other senses.  She didn't move, but she could feel her clothes on her.  They were filthy and ripped.  Her hands were tied behind her back and her hair was a mess, in her face and tangled.  How had it gotten like that?  They had only been captured a few moments before, right? 

Seeira attempted to open her eyes again, and this time she could.  She managed to sit up and look around.  She saw Claiomh lying next to her.  They were in a small room, a cell.  There was one tiny barred window, and there was also a small barred opening in the stone door.  There was a pile of moldy straw in one corner and water dripped from the ceiling. 

Seeira got to her feet, but her legs shook under her, she looked down at herself, and she had been right, her dress was filthy and ripped.  She walked to the window, shakily, and looked out. 

The window was at ground level, and it looked out into a courtyard that was now empty of people.  But the thing that puzzled Seeira was that it was dark out.  It certainly hadn't been dark when they were captured, many hours must have passed. 

Seeira left the window and walked over to Claiomh.  She knelt, or rather, fell, next to him and shook his shoulder gently. "Wake up!" she whispered, in case there were guards outside the door. "We've been captured by the slavers, wake up, please!"

As she shook him she realized the full danger of their situation, and she fought back tears.  She didn't want to die here!  Die here as a slave, never having freedom again!
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

massimo scaffaldi

Claiomh fought through his delirium with the aid of the little girl's pleas.  Upon opening his eyes, he took in the foul sight of the dingy putrid cell and all the unspeakable odor that came with it.  The dirt floor was caked in muddy clumps and mixed with what appeared to be a combination of blood and fecal matter.  The ceiling was covered in an array of antique spider webs that played host to thousand of dead insects and even a few small rodents.

"I've seen worse."

He sat up and glared at the petty annoyance sitting across from him.  His face positively oozed lividly and violent intent, combined with a hue of absolute disappointment.

"Your first inclination was surrender?  Could you not have simply, I don't know, run away perhaps?"

He knew her immediate response would be to assure him that they were surrounded.

"Before you even consider saying that we were surrounded, let me note that those men had a pair of weak points between their grotesque hairy legs that even someone as powerless as you could exploit.  Darling, never.  And I mean NEVER!  Lay down for anyone in my presence again.  If you do, I will promptly take my leave of you."

He snapped his bindings without effort and stood up before her.

"Do I make myself clear?"

JackieCat

Seeira smiled when he sat up, good, he was fine, maybe they would be able to escape.  She wiped away her tears, but her smile disappeared when she saw the look on his face, she almost burst into tears there, but she held them back. 

She was about to say something, but before she could, he spoke.

When he was finished, Seeira couldn't help herself, her eyes filled with tears again. "We would have been killed," she said, her voice cracking, and then it filled with anger and strengthened.

"Yes, you make yourself perfectly clear," she spat. "I couldn't have run, many of them had long-range weapons, and yes, we were surrounded." She gritted her teeth. "I'm sorry if I don't meet your standards because I don't want to throw my life away, but I was trying to not get killed, and if you do leave, that's fine with me.  I'd rather stay here and die alone than have to stay with you!"

This was not true, but she was feeling do angry, so frustrated and scared, that she really didn't care what she said to him.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

massimo scaffaldi

Will this girl ever learn?  It is as if I am talking to myself.  Very well then, I suppose I will have to try a different method.  Claiomh sat in the corner of the room and leaned against the wall.  He closed his eyes and pretended to be tired.  Letting out a sigh, he looked up at her and spoke louder than necessary.

"Well it appears that there is no way out of here.  I suppose I will simply rest up for a big day of slavery ahead of me.  Hoo-boy, sure hope I do not get beaten, abused or raped for being disobedient.  I'll just do whatever they ask of me without question."

The sounds of a man vomiting his guts out could be heard down the hall.

"The situation just seems so grim that I am not even going to try to escape or act defiant.  I love living so much more than dying at the hands of an aggressor, I simply do not want to take any chances."

JackieCat

Seeira sighed as he talked, he was actually very childish.

"Please, do not act stupid," Seeira said. "Just because I don't want to throw my life away doesn't mean I won't take a risk to make it better.  You know that we couldn't have fought to get away, or ran, we would have been killed, but we can attempt an escape.  There was zero chance of us living them, there is at least a chance now, no matter how small."

She got to her feet and stretched, she certainly felt stiff, as if she hadn't walked in a long time.  She walked over to the door and looked out into the stone hallway.  It was dim and wet, like the cell they were in, and only lit by a few torches along the walls.  There were guards every ten feet, lining the walls, and about a hundred yards down to the left, the hallway turned, and about ten yards to the right there was a dead end, a blank stone wall.   There was, of course, no doorknob inside the cell, but looking out, Seeira could see the one on the outside.  it was far out of reach, even if the spaces between the bars had been wide enough for her arm, so even if one of them could pick locks, they wouldn't be able to reach it.  But, unlike the rest of the cell, the knob, lock, and hinges of the door were not old, they looked new and strong.

As Seeira stepped back she noticed that all of her things were gone, the dagger she had hidden in her boot, her belt, and Claiomh's purse that he had given her, along with all of her jewelry and hair ties and pins.

She looked over to Claiomh. "Did they take all of your things too?"  Not waiting for an answer, she continued. "The way out would be to the left, but there are guards every few feet, all heavily armed.  I think that we will have to wait to be taken out to escape."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

massimo scaffaldi

Lesson number one little vixen, the only person you can count on is yourself.  Claiomh pretended to ignore her and continued to recline.  After a few moments, he began to snore softly.

You'll have to learn quick or it will be your death.  I could simply escape this place without attracting attention, but you will use that as yet another excuse to wait for help in the future.  The true strength of a person is in their self reliance.  There is no need for a weapon when your body is the deadliest one available.  There is no need for advice when you yourself already know right and wrong enough to judge a situation for yourself.  And there is certainly no need to escape, when the only prison that can hold you is the ones you build for yourself.  Lucky for you that strife and instinct are the very best teacher.  Because soon all of that will be upon you.

He rolled to his side and made a pillow with his hands as he curled into a ball on the floor.

JackieCat

Though Seeira could not hear his thoughts, if she could have, she would have disagreed.  She believed that while self reliance was good, sometimes you needed someone else, someone to lean on, to get advice from and to always be there for you, as well as you always being there for them.  For when even the most self-reliant person came to a scenario where they couldn't get out alone, they needed backup.

She huffed at him as he lay down, but she knew they probably couldn't get out until they were brought out to start work, so she sat down against the opposite wall and crossed her arms over her chest, but she didn't close her eyes, she wasn't tired, and she wasn't comfortable sleeping in this place.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor