Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Just Pinch Me!

Started by visualspice, December 09, 2014, 12:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Dylanna gave a nod and smiled at his compliment of her home.
"Thank you. It's nice to know my ancestors have good taste!" And she hesitated not in unlocking the gate and stepping inside, motioning for Huxley to follow when suddenly a soap lathered 'dog' came rushing their way. With a gasp, Dylanna braced herself and shouted, "Samuel! Your dog!" But it was too late, the pup had already dashed passed the pair of them and was making his way towards the east gardens. With a growl,s he turned to Huxley. "If you'll excuse me, I have my son's dog to catch!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

kleineklementine

Huxley had only just processed the word 'dog' when the soap-bubble-laden pup came through the doorway like a cannon ball! The little creature nearly steamrolled Huxley, veering its course only at the very last minute and, in the end, body checking him in that way that only puppies really can.

But Huxley didn't miss a beat. Huxley got back on his feet and in one motion said to Dylanna, "No problem! I'm on it!" and bolted after the escaped pup.

visualspice

Before Dylanna could protest- there went Huxley, and soon disappearing from view was the pup! She gave one look towards her manor where Jasper stood exasperated and she cast him an apologetic look before dashing off behind him.

"Don't let him get too far into the East Gardens. There are bramble bushes back there!" And the last thing she needed was to dig those out of a soapy and squirmy wolf pup!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

kleineklementine

Sprinting after the pup, Huxley made quick progress towards the puppy, but away from Dylanna. So that the last thing he heard was, "Don't let him get too far into the East Gardens." That, of course, just sped Huxley up and he completely missed the second part. The warning about the brambles!

So when Huxley finally caught up with the pup on the far side of the East Gardens, he took the opportunity to dive and tackle the puppy. The result was that both man and wolf skid full on into the brambles. Huxley swore as they skidded to a very prickly stop. But at least the pup was firmly in his arms. He scruffed it, though not roughly, to keep the soapy pup from squirming away from him.

Huxley and the wolf pup returned to the steps of the estate a few minutes later, covered in small bramble-scratches and burrs, both in Huxley's clothing and the pup's wet fur.

"There are a lot of brambles in the back of your gardens," Huxley said apologetically in attempt to explain their unkempt appearance.

visualspice

Dylanna hadn't gotten to far when she got held up by her son Samuel. She would have helped Arun but by the time she had her son calmed, the man was already heading back- soapy dog in tow-
and also it appeared the two had a very bad case of the brambles. At such a sight, she found herself gasping and holding a hand over her lips. But when the little wolf pup gave a bark and wag of it's tail, seeming quite pleased it had brambles mixed with it's soap-
Dylanna gave a snort as hse tried to hold back a laugh-
which only lead to her shaking as she tried to resist it but..

"Good, Arun, you'll have to forgive me but you and the dog...."

"It's a wolf, mama, a wolf pup!" her son corrected.

Dylanna gave a laugh, her eyes nearly in tears from it as she adjusted her son's weight upon her hip and smiled at him.

"Yes well... it seems our pup, as well as his hero, have a bad case of the brambles!"

And at such an explanation, Samuel was giggling too.

She gestured to Huxley.

"Well, come on inside you two." And she looked the pair over, giggling again. "Oh.. what a day. And what a story I have to tell you, Sam!" She said, giving her son a big kiss upon the cheek as she held him

Samuel made a face.
"Mommy, you smell bad. Like a stinky old fish!"

Dylanna laughed.
"That isn't too far from the truth, Samuel. Now help us get your pup to the tub so he can get washed again. And once that is all taken care of- and you both behave, I might share with you the story of what happened t me today."

Sam's eyes went wide.
"Did something real bad happen, mama? Your skin is all dotted. Looks like you got hurt." And he pouted.

She gave a nod.
"That I did, but mommy is strong. And so are you." ANd she kissed the top of his head befre setting him down and sighed as she turned to Jasper, whom she gave the orders to to take care of the brambled beast. Sameul, wanted to help- and was soon trailing behind Jasper's heals before Dylanna found herself alone with Huxley.

She pinched the bridge of her nose and shook her head.
"What a long day. But it seems I owe you for two rescues today. Perhaps you can stay for dinner? After we clean up, of course."

kleineklementine

Huxley didn't seem too bothered to be laughed at, all things considered! He grinned happily; he never really minded being the center of attention. He watched Dylanna interacting with her son with a delighted expression. What a cute kid! What striking, he thought, blue eyes.

Huxley handed the soapy wolf pup over to Jasper, leaving himself alone with Dylanna. "That's a pretty adorable kid you have there," he told her, "if you don't mind me saying! I'd still have said you must've been his older sister, though! Bet he keeps you on your toes."

He looked at her with a bit of surprise when she invited him to stay for dinner, though. "Oh, I wouldn't want to intrude so much on your hospitality! You're being awfully kind already."

visualspice

Dylanna rolled her eyes at such a comment.
"I hardly look anywhere near my son's age," she retorted. "But thank you," she went on with a sigh. "He is my world."

It was only at his reply to her offer of dinner did she take her eyes away from her son.
"It's not intruding at all, or I wouldn't have offered. Really, it's the least I can do. First the crabs.." she went on with a smirk and tucking back of her hair. "Then a rampaging wolf pup covered in brambles. You've definitely earned some reward,a nd I think dinner is really the least I could do."

kleineklementine

"Of course he is," Huxley remarked warmly, watching Sam take off with the housekeeper and the soapy wolf pup. "You and his father must both be very proud indeed."

At her insistence that he stay, Huxley simply bowed his head in gracious consent. "Well, if you insist. I try never to say no twice to rich, beautiful women," he said with a grin and a wink. While there was no denying he was a bit of a charmer - at least in action if not always effect - there wasn't anything overtly flirtatious about Huxley's mannerisms. It almost seemed more like a habit than anything else. Or perhaps just a way to keep the mood light. Anyway, Huxley figured, she was beautiful and at least by appearances, rich. What was the harm in saying so? "But I couldn't possibly join you for dinner," he gestured to, well, all of him, brambles and all!, "like this."

visualspice

Dylanna smirked and hooked arms with him.
"Then let's get you to the bath. I need to clean up as well. Come, this way," and she began to lead him up the large , grand staircase to the second floor.
"We have a guest bath. Ill alert Jasper to prepare the water for you. Is there anything else you might need?"

kleineklementine

Interesting. Huxley made a mental note of Dylanna's cool side-stepping of his mention of Sam's father. He knew, of course, that whoever it was wasn't in the picture. He'd been following them long enough to know that. But, well, if she were a widow or some such, surely she would have said something nice about his memory there?

"Well..." Huxley gave the distinct impression of 'not wanting to ask for anything more', but he looked frowningly down at his crab-smattered clothing. "I don't suppose I could borrow some clothes from any of your staff? It'd be awfully embarrassing for me attending dinner smelling like the main course."

Then he looked up at her with a sudden, worried urgency. "That was a joke. We won't be having crabs, right? I'm not sure I could... But then again, there might be something satisfying about skewering the things."

visualspice

"And here I thought you liked crabs!" Dylanna said, feigning ignorance. "Considering you had jumped into a pile of them." But she was soon smiling and nodded. "I might have something that could fit, but I'm not sure my father was your size..."s he mused, looking him over with her green eyes. "Come, follow me. We might as well see. Dinner will take some time to cook anyway, so we've got some time to kill."

kleineklementine

Huxley did as he was bid and followed Dylanna, eyes wandering curiously around the grand house. "Oh, any of the staff's clothes would be fine," he told her. "I don't mind wearing a uniform or anything like that. It's more the smell I mind!" he said with a grin.

"You know, I was thinking though," he added brightly after a moment. "I know you said you're doing the least possible, and all those polite things you're required to say when you're a host. But I still think you're being awfully kind. And I remember you saying your son - Sam, right? - that he likes music. If you like, I could give him some lessons. As a thank you." His dark blue eyes watched curiously for her answer. "Oh, I mean, not tonight. I don't have anything with me. But I could come by and teach him a bit of ukulele or horn or lute or so? Just if you'd like."

Dylanna Swinden had Huxley thoroughly intrigued. He didn't want to just go back to watching them from the shadows now. There was so much more he wanted to learn. Plus, what better way to keep an eye on them, anyway?

visualspice

Dylanna's eyes lit up at the idea and her smile broadened.
"I think Samuel would approve," she said, and continued to lead the man onwards towards a large room on the second floor.

"You'll have to forgive the room for being a bit chilly, but I'll bring up some wood so you can start a fire in the hearth. There's a wash room just over there," she went on with a gesture of her wrist to a privacy screen in the corner. "And you'll find everything you need, except the water. I can fetch some from the well. But oh yes.. clothing!" she went on, a bit breathlessly as she walked forward with long strides and opened up a massive walk in closet and gestured.

"There are plenty of suits you can borrow. They were my father's and... well, he has since passed."
And by the looks of things, it wasn't fairly recent, but was a topic that still made the woman sad.

kleineklementine

Sensing Dylanna's sadness, Huxley put a hand on her shoulder and squeezed it gently. It was, perhaps, a little presumptuous since he had 'only' just met her that morning, but it seemed to him the most appropriate gesture at that moment. All he said, though, was, "Thank you very much. This is extremely kind of you."

After Dylanna had left and the household staff had fetched water and made a bath, Huxley cleaned himself relatively quickly. Normally he would love to take his time over such a luxurious thing, but he was still on the clock and taking his eye off of the Swinden family for a fancy bath would not be looked kindly upon by the bosses. He chose the simplest of the suits available to him, putting on the clean white shirt, but opting to leave the dinner jacket behind. Huxley didn't want to look grander than he was, after all.

Once he was cleaned up and dressed - his dark blonde hair carefully mussed - he left the bedroom neat and tidy to walk through the grand house he'd only ever seen the outside of before. It seemed, to Huxley, awfully empty despite the staff and the boy and the soapy wolf pup. And he found himself wondering how large of a space her father had left behind in Dylanna's life.

visualspice

Where as Huxley did not indulge in his bath, Dylanna certainly did! She trusted the man enough to leave him be in her home while she was preoccupied in her own bathing room, her figure a silhouette behind the room screen.

Yes, a nice steamy bath was definitely in order after what she had been through today. And seeing all of the crab pinch marks all over her body, she gave a shake of her head and went about to thoroughly wash just about every inch of her body- and well, it didn't hurt to add extra lavender in the water. She positively stunk like fish! (well, technically crab!)

She found that just laying in the water, with it's steam rising leisurely into the air, helped her forget about all those itchy scratch marks as she peered up at the ceiling. Ornate tile decorated it, with even fancier trim on the sides. It was funny to think all of this just belonged to her and Samuel- and just like Huxley, she felt the place was awful empty as well.

Then again,s he was rather here- so why fret over the feeling of an empty home? It wasn't like she had any desire to marry....
Though perhaps it was time to consider getting Samuel some tutors. He was still very young, but she had heard others begin to have their children taught at much younger ages. ANd as she thought htis all over, she closed her eyes and just let herself sink back into the water until she was nearly consumed in it. Just her nose nad lips nad the point of her chin was exposed. And when she sighed and opened her eyes, she saw something move just above the water.

Sitting up int he bath, the water gushed down her form as she smoothed the waters out from her eyes, slicking her hair aside before looking up to see-

A spider.

And her breath caught in her throat as she screamed.

kleineklementine

Huxley was just one turn-of-the-corridor away from Dylanna's bathing chambers as he strolled through the beautiful home, taking in all the details that interested him. He could almost forget that he was still 'working.'

Almost.

Then he heard a woman scream, loud.

Huxly automatically went into 'action!' mode. Normally he would be stealthier, check out a situation before bursting in, do some reconnaissance, that sort of thing. But the scream he heard then meant there was danger now.

So the Blood Wolf lost no time kicking open the door to where Dylanna was bathing, braced for a fight. Thankfully, at least, he had yet to draw the dagger he'd slipped into inside of his pant leg. Huxley liked to get his fists a bit bloody first. So he didn't look as stupid when he burst into the burst into the room only to see...

A spider.

Huxley looked urgently around the room for half a moment to look for the real assailant. But there was none. It was just...

A spider.

He couldn't keep a deep blush from coloring his face when he realized. It would look, perhaps, that he was embarrassed to find Dylanna in her current state. But really  Huxley was embarrassed to make such a stupid mistake! He'd rushed in her like she was about to get gutted and it was a spider! Well, at least he had a record of hasty 'rescues...'

"Oh, I'm so sorry," he blurted, quickly averting his eyes from Dylanna. "I heard... I thought... Oh, geeze."

visualspice

She didn't consider the series of unfortunate events that could soon follow her scream in fear of the arachnid, but as it were- that's sort of how it happened- for the second Huxley burst into the room, which was quick enough for Dylanna not to get her wits about herself, she found herself in a truly awkward, most informal manner: nude and soaking wet before him. Though not all of her had been revealed, it was still more than inappropriate!

Well- had he not burst in to most obviously aid in her distress! Dylanna remained in the tub for only but a brief moment as she naturally moved to shield herself, then realizing the spider was still dangling over head, she growled and decided to deal with that fiend, first!

Yanking her scrub brush from the waters, she hesitated not to whack the long legged black spider from where it hung, sending it sailing towards the wall and racing across the floor.
"Oh no you don't!"

She was NOT about to let that stupid spider live after that! And leaped out of the bath, water gushing everywhere as she began to make chase. She only had a limp, and now soon soaking wet towel to clothe her from Huxley- but she'd be damned if another damn creature was going to get her goat today!

Not one who was fond of spiders, but not one to scream so easily, she was hardly going to let this embarrassing moment go- so as she rushed after the thing, trying to whack and beat it with her scrub brush, somewhere int he middle of it all, the half-mashed spider became air born, flinging off the end of hte brush and over towards Huxley- where the spider landed in his hair.

And as the soaking wet Dylanna held her towel to her body (which was barely doing its' job to keep her modest anyway!) her mouth dropped open and she stared in horror.

kleineklementine

Arun Zajac stared.

What else could he do?

A wet, soapy, nearly-naked woman was running around the bathroom in a vengeful race against one doomed little spider. Who wouldn't stare? At first, Arun didn't even notice the wet plop that landed in his hair - in his very carefully handsomely disheveled hair, at that! He just stared open-mouthed at Dylanna, until he noticed her eyes on the spider-goop. Then he felt the wet drips of water-and-mushed-spider-and-soap down his forehead. He barely took his eyes off of her as he quickly but carefully removed the remains of the spider from his own damp hair.

Only then did he realize that he was staring!

Slowly, an amused, lopsided grin replaced his look of surprise. But he was a gentleman, and he still remembered to avert his eyes.

"Well," he said through a half-stifled laugh, "clearly you don't need any help fending off any danger in here," he started side-stepping his way out of the bathroom, a hand placed in dramatic 'not-peeking!' fashion over his eyes, "so I will," step, "just see myself," step, "out -!"

Unfortunately for Arun, as soon as he'd said the word 'out' he managed, while side-stepping and Not Looking! with his eyes covered out of the bathroom, to step right onto a bar of soap! He took a dramatic, almost staged fall forward and nearly caught himself. But his momentum was too great, and the Blood Wolf went hurtling directly into Dylanna's tub! Sending a wave of bath water out of the tub and onto the bathroom floor!

visualspice

Dylanna was even more embarrassed when she realized he had been staring and her cheeks flushed a deeper red. But at the spectacle he then proceeded to make of himself, Dylanna couldn't help herself as she smirked and offered him a hand.
"Yes, I am quite capable of rescuing myself and those who fall prey to my bath. Here, let me help you out of there and I'll get you a towel."

kleineklementine

"Yes, this is a very treacherous bathroom that you have here, Lady Swinden," Huxley sputtered through soapy bathwater. "Who knows what might happen!"

He accepted her hand, pulling himself up out of the bath. Once he was on his feet, a puddle began to instantly form around him. After all, he'd fallen into the bath fully clothed. But he preoccupied himself with not looking at Dylanna. As much as he was tempted to peek, he figured there wasn't much he hadn't seen of her at this point!

"I swear, when I heard you scream, I thought it might be, I don't know, an intruder or something," the soaking wet man explained sheepishly. "I swear I didn't burst in here just to, you know, play 'peeping tom' or anything of that nature!"

He looked down at the pooling water surrounding him. Yes, he would need at least 'a' towel. Probably several!