Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Just Pinch Me!

Started by visualspice, December 09, 2014, 12:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Naturally, she believed him. He did, after all, deserve the benefit of the doubt. Saving a woman from a vat of crabs...
Well, thankfully for him, she was indebted to him. Other wise, things could have ended a lot more poorly here. So after getting hi ma towel, and then a few MORE towels, she offered him another set of spare clothing for his trouble before they were to part ways as she finished preparing for dinner.

She wore something simple, she always did, but well, to make sure she didn't smell like crabs, she put on a little perfume. She rarely wore any so the pump was nearly full, and sighed once she sprayed herself, just once (she didn't wnat to over do it!) before making her way down for dinner.

As she was walking down the staircase, she wondered what had become of Sam.

"Samuel!?" she called out, voice echoing along with her footsteps down the grand steps.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

kleineklementine

When Dylanna entered the dining room, she'd find a (now dry and re-dressed) Arun standing a few feet away from the table with Sam, with Arun's back to Dylanna.. In his hands were three bright oranges. Sam was standing in front of Arun holding another orange.

"Now the trick," he was telling Sam, "is to always be catching and throwing. You can't hold onto any of them once they're going."

With that, he tossed the first orange up into the air, adding the second and third until he was juggling the three fruits for the boy, much to Sam's amusement.

"Go ahead," Arun coaxed, "toss me another." And, when Sam complied, he deftly caught the fourth orange and added it to the whirl of fruit. The wolfpup, also now scrubbed and clean, watched with interest. Just waiting for one of the bright orange balls to drop!

visualspice

When stepping into the dining room, she was taken back at the scene before her-
For in a circle were tossed a series of orange balls, and upon further scrutiny, she realized those were oranges. Her lips twitched into a smirk as she slowly approached, but as quietly as possible. Once she was directly behind Arun, she spoke, "Impressive. I didn't think you were so coordinated."
Especially after the 'spectacles' from today.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

kleineklementine

Huxley, of course, heard Dylanna coming. After all, that was his job. But he acted like he didn't hear her so that when she spoke from immediately behind him, he feigned a start. All four oranges went straight up into the air as Huxley jumped around to face Dylanna. Then, as the plummeted to the ground, he deftly caught them all.

"Of course I'm 'so coordinated!'" he answered brightly with a broad grin. "I told you, I grew up in a performing troupe! I've got any number of tricks like this up my sleeves. It's just, ah, spiders and crabs that sometimes throw me off my game. You know how it is."

visualspice

Dylanna gave the man a smirk.
"Impressive, even with the below average skill when dealing with spiders and crabs.." she went with a tease, "But really, you  need not entertain us if you do not wish. You are our guest. The meal is free. After all, I owe you a lot for your daring efforts."

"Yeah!" Sam piped in. "I want to hear all about the crabs!"

Dylanna sighed and gave a smile and roll of her eyes.
"Perhaps after dinner. Come, let's get your hands washed and seat ourselves. Dinner will be ready soon."

kleineklementine

[A few weeks later...]

Arun had kept the post tailing Miss Swindon. And it had only gotten easier and, if he were honest, more enjoyable! In addition to his solitary, hidden nights spent watching the small family from afar, Arun had made himself something of a few-times-a-week fixture in the household, teaching little Sam the ukulele! In fact, that's exactly what they were doing now. And today was an extra special exciting day for Sam, because today was the day he would play a song for his mother for the first time! They were just practicing again for the last time before Sam would be playing for his delighted audience. And going over important things like 'how to not be nervous,' though Arun didn't tell him the old trick about imagining the audience naked. Because, well...

But when he led Sam into the sitting room where Dylanna was waiting, he decided that he might be nervous, too. And of course he had no family connection. Ahem.

"Ready Sam?" he stage whispered to the boy once they were in the sitting room, his mother sitting in the center of a neatly arranged row of chairs. When Sam nodded, Arun stood dramatically and announced in his old, projected show voice, "Ladies and gentlemen - or, in this case, lady," he corrected, throwing Dylanna a wink, "may I present for you tonight, the one and only, the exalted, the masterful, the very-practiced, whose stage presence far exceeds his stature... playing an original song with original lyrics written by himself... Samuel Swindon!"

visualspice

Before Samuel had even begun to play, Dylanna was melting with love for her son. To see him so sweetly sing (if even a bit off key and some words that made no sense!), she was a proud mother in that moment, her heart swelling as she beamed.

He sang of the sea, of the winds, and it took her back to those long months she and her son spent close time together. The child truly was a sea fairing one, that was was evident, and when he was done, his crooked smile consumed most of his face.

"What do you think, mommy?"

Dylanna was about to cry, and brushed a few leaking tears away.

"Oh, Samuel, the song was beautiful." And she embraced him and kissed him all over his face before pulling him in close and smiling warmly to Arun.

"You're a wonderful teacher. To think he learned all of that in such a short time."

She knew she was a smart one but-
she couldn't help but think in that moment-
He was quick and clever, a natural talent of his father.

kleineklementine

Dylanna wasn't the only one beaming with pride over Sam's song. Though Arun suppressed his own, the Blood Wolf watched Sam with a reserved, but clearly proud smile. After all, he didn't want to get in the way of the moment between the woman and her son; it was a mother's place to gush, not the 'music tutor's.'

When Dylanna complimented him, though, his smile broadened a little and he inclined his head in thanks. "Well, I try not to turn down compliments from beautiful women," he said with a roguish, but obviously harmless grin. "But I think, in this case, it's Sam who's the excellent student. He's picked it up in half the time as a boy twice his age. That's real talent. You can't teach that. As much, of course, as I'd like to take credit."

visualspice

And before Dylanna could give any sort of reply, Samuel burst out, "Again! I'll play it again!"
And there he was, going through the same song routine with more gusto. Dylanna was all smiles, shaking her head happily towards her son.

"I think you've started Samuel onto a new obsession with music."