Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Rhi is easy peasy.

Started by Rhindeer, August 21, 2011, 07:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Everything! Epic adventures and bantering and silly hijinks mixed with drama and comedy and horror and PUNCHES IN THE FEELS are like my favorite things. <3 And I freakin' adore romance in all its forms, from fluffy cute stuff to hateships. Give it to me. |: Power dynamics are also something I find a lot of fun to explore, and anything involving religious themes, LGBTQIA* themes, cultural differences, etc.

I love love love rivalries and such, and enemies to lovers is a guilty pleasure of mine. But it's by no means required, of course! I love bromances, frenemies, friendships, family, ACTUAL enemies--it's all fun as heck to me! Really, I love playing any sort of character relationship because I love all the different dynamics of them. And a good best friends relationship is just as juicy to me as a good romance. <3

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Can't really think of any!

What are your favorite character types to play?
Troublemakers, dumbasses, assholes, and villains. 8D

But in all seriousness, a little bit of everything. And if you need a character for a plot, I'm totally willing to cook something up to fill that role!

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
A mix of both, but largely a pantser! 99.9999% of the time, I don't know what my character's gonna do until I'm writing the post. I enjoy surprising people, and enjoy being surprised, so expect the unexpected! And spring surprises on me, too! I LOVE THAT STUFF. I also really enjoy flying by the seat of my pants and making stuff up as I go. I also love plotting, though, as long as everyone's on the same page and okay with it being a loose idea of where things could go, and that things could change depending on what goes down!

Of course, if you don't like the direction something's taking, or you're getting bored, hit me up! I'm more than happy to work with you to make things fun for all of us! RP isn't fun unless everyone's having fun in the thread, after all. <3 So never be afraid to let me know if you're stuck or having trouble so we can brainstorm some solutions. Or heck, don't be afraid to let me know if you've lost steam and would like to drop a thread, even. I won't be offended.

How do you feel about group threads?
Totally cool with them, so long as we keep lines of communication open and have contingency plans in place so it doesn't come rolling to a dead stop if someone vanishes.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a reply?
It depends on, well, life! Some weeks I post every day, multiple times a day! Sometimes it gets busy and stressful, and on those days I might just reply to whatever is easiest at that moment.

On average, though? I bookmark all my threads and reply in order, from oldest to newest. But if you feel like I may have forgotten to bookmark our thread or are just excited for a reply, gimme a poke and I'll prioritize our thread! 8D

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
I WILL WAIT FOR YOOOOOOU. <3 Honestly I'll wait pretty much forever, as long as you keep me updated! I might poke after a couple weeks if I haven't heard anything, but generally I don't drop threads unless a.) both of us decide it's not working or b.) I've gotten radio silence for a month. I'm suuuper patient!

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
I wouldn't want to do it exclusively, but I do enjoy using it to to get through dialogue heavy scenes, after which we post the log to the thread! It's very useful to get that nice, fluid back and forth. If you're down, I'm down!

How do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
YESYESYES. If I'm online, I'm most likely up to it! 8D Just lemme know! A lot of the time it just sorta happens naturally if I'm online and someone else is online and replying.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
Everything. It all depends on the scene and the character. Some characters OVERTHINK EVERYTHING. Some have smooth brains with no thoughts. Some scenes are introspection heavy, some are action or dialogue heavy, and all of these things will affect how much I write. I'll write what I feel fits, whether that's 1 word or 1000 words.

I must stress that you should NEVER feel pressured to write more, or feel like your post is "too short" or "not enough"; I am thrilled with any and all posts! <3 This isn't a writing competition, so give me the one-liners and the novels, I adore them all! Likewise, if I write a short post to your long post, it's not because I felt your post was bad, it's just what was in-character for my character, or what I felt had the best impact.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
I love give and take. <3 No one person should feel like they're carrying all the weight.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
Basically...same as above! Let's work together!

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
Feel free to grab my character, shove them, pick them up, punch them, smack them, stab them...whatever! If your character outclasses mine then feel free to whoop their ass. If my character could have dodged something or whatever, I'll just write it into my post. Seriously, I don't care about this at all.

Basically, you can write aaanything when it comes to your character doing stuff to mine. Just let me write my own character's reactions. That's it!

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
I play men, women, and non-binary characters of a variety of sexual orientations (with a majority being pansexual). I don't usually pre-plan romances (aside from like, throwing characters into an arranged marriage and seeing how they get along) before the characters have even interacted, but also ngl, I wear shipping goggles and ship everyone with everything, so if our characters have good chemistry (whether that's love or hate) then I'm totally down, haha. I don't expect reciprocation though, so absolutely no pressure! The option is just pretty much always there.

I'm totally cool with characters being rejected IC--unrequited love is fun, so don't feel pressured to have your character return my character's feelings! I adore love triangles/hexagons/whatever, monogamous relationships, polyamorous relationships, age differences (as long as all characters are adults), forbidden love...really, it's all fun in my book. I won't do incest, but other than that. 8D

What are your limits in regards to sex?
I'm comfortable writing smut. My characters all have their own preferences and limits and issues, though! Let me know what you're comfortable with and I'll match your energy!

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
Ask me! It's not possible for all my characters, so you might want to check first. xD

What are your limits in regards to violent scenes?
I'm chill with violence and if I don't want something in particular for one of my characters, I'll give you a head's up OOC and we can figure out a way for my character to get out of the situation. The same goes for you! Some of my characters are violent, horrible people, so if my character gets yours in a spot you don't want them, let me know and we can figure out their grand escape!

What are your limits in regards to abuse/rape in plots?
I'm not opposed to exploring dark shit like that in plots, but ask me first. I don't like it dropped in my lap without warning, and it's important to me that my partner is on the same page as I am with regards to treating it like the serious and awful thing it is, because I won't sugarcoat its consequences. If your character has SA in their backstory, that is totally fine! <3 A few of my characters have SA trauma in their pasts, but that is noted in their profiles.

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?
Nooo. Ask me first on this one! If it's a really cool idea, you might be able to sell me on it. 8D

What about healing?
If my character has a scar/disability that I joined them with, I'd prefer them to keep it. As for injuries received in-game? Go for it!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Tags: