Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Little Birdies

Started by Celegwen, January 24, 2018, 08:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

Little Birdies

"A little birdy told me..."

The Little Birdies is an organized group of spies that runs underground in Connlaoth, though mostly centered around Uthlyn. There is room for an unlimited number of birds, and it is quite rare that the birds would want to leave the nest. Even when they age into adulthood, the birds will sometimes stay close to the Red Mother.

The birds' survival relies on going unnoticed in society, so there are only four adults who know of the spy network's existence. Active birds range in age from six years old to eighteen years old, though some choose to remain after and younger are welcome to live in the nest until they're old enough to be active. Since they are children, the Red Mother requires them to never go on a mission alone, and they will be disciplined if they disobey her.

The children all carry five whistles with distinct birds calls:
Cardinal: it's safe to go
Duck: there are guards
Owl: go back to the Red Mother
Falcon: help!
Sparrow: regroup

Locations
Since they are a spy network, the Little Birdies have many nests, though their home base is the Red Mother's mansion. The large house has more bedrooms than anyone needs, so many birds live with her. They refer to her mansion as the Orphanage because that technically is what the building has become.

Members

Position                         Title                        Member

Leader                           Red Mother             Lady Helene Waldur
Team Leader                  Mockingbird            Lilly (NPC - open)
Team Leader                  Owl                        Paula (NPC - open)
Team Leader                  Eagle                      open
Team Second                 Mini Mocker             open
Team Second                 Owlet                      open
Team Second                 Eaglet                     Tay Morgan

NPCs
Lord Niklaus - age 46 - house lord

Groups
Mockingbirds: These birds' primary jobs are distractions and decoys. They are the loud and playful group, meant to be there in case a distraction is needed. They have to be fast and able to evade guards or onlookers.

Owls: These birds are nocturnal spies. They operate at night, while the others are asleep. These birds must be nearly silent and good at blending into the shadows.

Eagles: These birds are the daytime spies. Possibly the most dangerous job, bravery and camouflage is a must with these. They have to be able to disappear in broad daylight, and they must be able to blend in to not be noticed. These birds must be quick on their clever, as getting caught could mean the end for all of them.

~          ~          ~

Anyone who wants to join as (virtually) any position, PM me or post below so you can be added onto the page!

Pinfeathers

Hey!! I don't know if you're still looking to expand this guild or run some threads, but I would be willing to create a character to fit one of the team second positions! This seems like a lot of fun and if you have any preexisting plot ideas for this guild, I'd love to play some of them out with you. lmk if you're still looking to run some stuff with this guild and what you're looking for in a team second character and I'd love to RP with ya!

Celegwen

Sure! I'm excited to see what you come up with!

Just hit me up if you have any questions! We can hash out plots ideas once you have a character :)

Pinfeathers

Awesome!  Here's what I've got as far as a character goes http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=24815.new#new let me know what you think!!!!
I'm thinking the history of joining the Little Birdies can be discussed more, I just didn't know how all the details would work with that.  Let me know what you were thinking plot-wise! :D

Tags: