Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Did You Say Schmexxerling? 8Dc

Started by Anonymous, December 22, 2010, 03:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Carys frowned. This really wasn't going well. Perhaps she was a bit overly ambitious, but she wouldn't get anywhere if she wasn't, would she? Sighing, she slid the pins out of the sad mess of fabric and held them in her mouth, rearranging folds with a serious expression. It was supposed to be something of an experimental hat, more of a wearable artwork than anything else, and so it didn't strictly have to be pretty, but still...

This thing was hideous.

A soft chime wafted in from the front of the shop, breaking her concentration. She always appreciated customers, of course – they were what allowed her to pick up her more interesting side projects, like this one – but this wasn't the best time for her to put on her service face. Tossing the failure back onto her work bench, she took a deep breath to clear her head. "I'm in the back," she called, her voice becoming less muffled as she removed the pins from her mouth and placed them back in her pincushion. "I'm very sorry, my love, I'll be with you in a second!"

Anonymous

Noodles was bored. He often found himself board and aimless when he had food at hand. And currently, he had at least half of a lovely, plump young woman back at home. Which meant he didn't have to worry about food for a bit.

It had been years since he last came to Arca and the city had both changed a lot and stayed exactly the same. Food was everywhere, pushing and crowded, but it made it easy to blend in. And there were lots of pretty things to see.

The current object of his fascination was a place that seemed to have lots of hats. Strange, brightly colored hats. Liking the bright colors, Noodles let himself in, looking around, "Ah. Yes. Take your time."

Silly food. He didn't really care how long they took. He just wanted to look at the hats. He had food already!

Anonymous

Quickly, Carys pushed the last of the pins home and left her seat. She stood for a moment with her hands on her ample hips, staring at the horrible hat. It could be saved, but it could also wait for later. With a shake of her head and a quiet sigh, she turned and bustled through into the shop proper, with a cheery grin that became a lot less forced when she caught sight of her customer.

And what a sight they were. He... She? They seemed very interested in her wares, which made her a little happier than modesty should have allowed, and she in turn couldn't wait to see a hat or ten modelled on that lovely head. She made her way across the shop towards them, boots clicking softly on the wooden floor. "Is there anything in particular you might be looking for today?" she asked, as she had a thousand times before, and then picked a dark brown hat with purple details off a rack. "If I may say so, I do think this one would look wonderful with your hair. Would you like to try it on?"

Anonymous

The hats came in so many colors. Noodles had never seen so many all together like this, all bright and impressive. His fingers itched to try them on, as he adored new and exciting clothes. The sounds of the owner approaching pulled him away from ogling the hats, his dark brown eyes sliding along the plump woman appreciatively.

He loved well built food and this one was built well. Curves and fat everywhere, delicately marbling with the muscle he was sure!

Smiling, Noodles took the hat, "Ah! Thank you! This one is very pretty!" Placing it on his head, he adjusted it slightly on his head. His long hair was in an elaborate braid today, hanging to his mid back, "How does it look?"

Anonymous

Carys' heart skipped a beat when the man looked her up and down. She didn't like to be presumptuous, but there was no mistaking it. This attractive stranger was definitely checking her out! For a moment she wished she'd slept a bit longer last night, but she hadn't been able to stop thinking about that hat. Well, if she did look tired, he certainly didn't seem to mind!

She laughed gently, reaching out to tweak the hat's brim. "Looks wonderful, my love – nice and simple, really lets your natural charm speak for itself."

But however good this one looked, she wasn't going to let him try just one hat and then leave! There were dozens more to keep him occupied. She winked conspiratorially, and beckoned him deeper into the shop, away from the light airy windows and towards a set of expensive-looking cushioned shelves. "O'course, a striking man like you could get away with something a bit more fancy, and if you'd like to follow me I'll show you where I keep my statement pieces!" With a finger to her lips, she turned and mock-whispered, "They're very exclusive."

Anonymous

Natural charm? Noodles swelled with pride and delight at the praise, giving the food a bright smile. Yes! He liked it here! She understood what a beautiful creature he was! Smart and plump! His favorite kind!

Noodles was more than happy to follow her deeper into the shop, his eyes flickering to the hats on the shelves, "Wow! They are all so pretty!" He tilted his head, studying the hats, "Can I try more on?"

Anonymous

"Of course you can!" laughed Carys. "They are made to be worn!" Made to be worn. That... Just wasn't even funny. Silently, she cursed herself for saying something so stupid in front of a pretty man and customer. Because he was that too, she had to remember. It wasn't much good if she forgot to sell him anything, not that that would be hard. He did seem to appreciate her work, and that made her very happy.

"What about this one?" she asked, picking out a hat in a peachy shade of orange, decorated with realistic-looking red and yellow fabric leaves, a spray of pheasant feathers and, oh yes, a small taxidermied robin perched on the brim. "Technically it's a ladies' hat, but I think you would look just splendid in it."

Anonymous

Noodle's eyes went wide at the sight of the hat. It was so big and bright and colorful! He beamed at the woman, removing the purple hat and trading it back to her for the new one, "Do you make all of these? I'm so impressed!"

He set it on his head, trying to adjust it to fit right, "I don't care if it's a ladies' hat. It's beautiful. How do I look?"

Anonymous

"I think it looks perfect on you." Carys smiled, and then pointed over the man's shoulder to a round mirror with a frame of plain, light wood, propped up next to one of the many hatstands that populated the shop like trees in a forest. "There's a mirror behind you, my darling, if you want to see for yourself."

"And yes, this is all my own work!" she grinned, holding a hand to her bosom which was blushing almost the same rosy pink as her hair, all the way down from her cheeks. She knew from the prices she could ask that her work was top-notch, but it was always nice to have other people tell her that – and especially the good-looking ones. Not that she could take all the credit. "Well, I do have an assistant, she does cleaning, deliveries, that sort of thing. Couldn't get by without her!"

Anonymous

"Yay!" Noodles made a happy sound and gave a twirl. He loved the compliments and he wanted to get more. When she suggested the mirror, the vain little demon was in front of it in a flash, admiring his own reflection.

He really did look good in it, his delicate features suited the feminine hat. Something more masculine probably wouldn't have worked as well. His eyes dropped to the food's breasts when she rested her hand there. He wasn't all that fond of the things, too fatty, but they could have some real flavor when done correctly.

"I love your hats! They are so pretty!"

Anonymous

"Well, thank you very much!" Carys smiled widely and passed over yet another hat, this one in sumptuous hues of precisely-folded green and gold with trimmed peacock feathers, each barb carefully tipped with a minute crystal to give a shimmering outline. This one was unlikely to end up as a sale; while he didn't look poor, only a very particular kind of customer would be able to afford such a fine piece. At some point she'd have to ask what his price range was, but for now she was having too much fun to worry about practicalities.

He did have a strange manner of talking though, she'd noticed. As he preened in the mirror, she stood back with her arms folded across her bust and asked casually, "You from around here, love?"

Anonymous

"What?" Noodles was fascinated by his own reflection, and he adored the attention. But then the food was asking about where he was from. That was always an awkward question to answer. So he generally just lied, "Oh. Not really. I'm from Ravensway. Near the border."

That always helped explain his dark skin away. He smiled again, giving her his best one, "Do I look pretty in this one? I like when pretty girls tell me I'm good looking."

Anonymous

"Ah, Ravensway! Is it nice down there? I've heard it's a bit funny-like, but you know people, always with their rumours and such. Oh, look at me, talking away!" Carys was always chatty with her customers, and when they were cute as well she tended to get a little too carried away. It was a good thing she let him talk, though, because did he just call her pretty yes he did. Blushing again, she pressed her hand back to her chest with a girlish laugh. "You look lovely as ever, dear, you've got just the face for a good hat."

A thoughtful finger to her nose, she tilted her head momentarily, making the feathers on her own hat brush against her horns as she did so. "Not sure if those are really your colours though, love. You've got such nice strong colouring as it is... I think the orange works much better." She handed the other hat back to him and smiled. "Here, let's see this one again."

Anonymous

Ah. He liked it when the food laughed. It made her jiggle delightfully. He never understood this obsession with slenderness that was everywhere. Disgusting. His dark eyes slid along Carys ample figure, enjoying what he say. She would taste delicious, he was sure.

Though, the horns were interesting. Not human then, a touch of the exotic to his meal. He hadn't noticed them under the hat. Pulling the hat off, he handed it back before putting the orange one back, "I like this color better I think. I like lots of color. What about you?"

Anonymous

"Well, it depends on the idea I'm going for really. Some people look just lovely in black and white, and other times I want to use the whole rainbow! I mean, I have to use the whole range of colours I've got available and I'm rambling again, aren't I?" Carys gave another laugh, a soft, almost bubbly noise, and stepped back into the main part of the shop. He couldn't keep his eyes off her and even as she enjoyed the attention, it did make her a little nervous. At the very least she could sell him something, maybe get his name, and then... Hmm. It was almost lunchtime. What with working so hard, she did deserve the odd break.

She stopped in the middle of an aisle and turned back to him with her most professional, welcoming smile. "Now, if you like the orange one I have a few more you can take a look at. How much were you looking to spend today, if you don't mind me asking?"

Anonymous

"It's all right. I don't mind." He wasn't very interested in the babbling about hats, but he did like when she complimented him. That part was nice. He wanted more of that, more of her fussing over him.

His eyes flicked back to the shelves, away from her delightfully bouncy form to scan the hats, "Oh, probably not too much, maybe 30 or so shiin." He was currently doing well, his last two meals had quite a bit of money on them and he had always been awful at budgeting.

Anonymous

"Hmm..." Carys looked thoughtful for a second, before making a happy noise and scampering over to the window display. She dithered briefly, snatching a large pink hat from a rack and using it to replace the orange one she took off the bust in the window. It didn't do to leave the display bare, after all. It gave the wrong impression.

She turned back to the customer and held up the new hat, a tangerine number with a daffodil-yellow ribbon and gold thread embroidery. "Now, I know this one isn't as flashy as the one with the little bird on it," she warned, "But it is still a very nice hat, and much more affordable at only twenty-three shiin. It's a little brighter than the other one too, I'm sure you can see, my love, and it'll set your features off wonderfully. Would you like to try it?"

Anonymous

It was so bright. Noodles eyes went wide, staring at the hat. There was nothing he loved more than bright, gaudy things that drew attention to him. He just chalked it up to the predator in him. He needed to grab his prays attention and draw it to him.

And what did that better then some bright, exciting hat?

The face he really shouldn't be spending that much money was of little concern to Noodles. He removed the old hat, setting it back where he thought she had taken it from before and moving closer to the woman, carefully taking the hat and adjusting it on his head.

Tilting his head, he grinned at Carys, fierce and just a touch dangerous, "I like this one. It fits well."

Anonymous

"That it does," laughed Carys, "Almost like I made it just for you!" There was something worrying in that expression, but it simply made the man all the more alluring. It hinted at excitement, at thrills, and there was nothing she found more attractive.

But there were still other things to take care of first, she remembered, turning suddenly and moving again towards the back of the shop. "Now if you'd like to come over to the counter, my darling, and we'll get the business part out of the way. What did I say it was, twenty-three? I'll knock it down to twenty-one, just because I like you," she offered with a cheeky wink. "It's a tad unprofessional, but no-one else has to know now, do they?"

Anonymous

It wasn't until the woman turned away and started heading to the counter that Noodles realized by picking his favorite hat, he had ended the parade of compliments, fussing and hats. His brow furrowed slightly, not sure how to work his way back into the fat food complimenting him again.

It didn't count if he told her to tell him.

After she gave her price, Noodles smiled at her, that strange, almost feral smile from before, "I wont tell a soul." He reached over, brushing his fingers across the back of her hand, "I'm glad you like me too. You have some very wonderful hats."