Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Did You Say Schmexxerling? 8Dc

Started by Anonymous, December 22, 2010, 03:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The odd grin, and now the touching – it was unmistakable. The man was a dreadful flirt, and that was just the way Carys liked them. She blushed again and laughed, returning his gesture with a hand on his narrow shoulder. "And you can come and browse them any time you like, my darling! I hope you become my best customer."

Dropping her voice to a stage whisper, she peered conspiratorially over his shoulder before giving him another almost salacious wink. "Speaking of customers... I don't see any more around, so I was thinking I might close a touch early for a spot of lunch?"

Anonymous

The moment she said lunch, Noodles eyes dropped to her breasts. He still had food at home, and killing too often was just a bad idea, but she was so soft and tasty looking. He wanted to sink his teeth into that sweet flesh.

But, on the other hand, she complimented him. He wanted more of that, to bask in her praise and adoration. He nodded, lifting his eyes back to her face, "Yes. Let's do lunch, I would like that. Do you know a good place?"

He didn't get much out of that kind of food, but he could eat it and enjoy the taste. He would have his real meal later anyway.

Anonymous

"Marvellous!" laughed Carys, noticing his not-so-sneaky peeks with another pink flush. The man could not keep his eyes to himself. "There's this lovely little tavern down the road, they do a good... Oh, everything!" She turned away from him for a moment to grab her coin purse and keys, surreptitiously pulling her dress down as she did so to reveal a little more cleavage. He seemed to like all her goods, so she might as well show them off, right?

"Shall we off then, ah..?" Stepping back out from behind the counter, she gave the man a quizzical look. It was only right to know her (only potential, mustn't forget) bedfellows' names. If nothing else, it gave her something to call out when things got heated.

Anonymous

He wanted to keep her around, to find him pretty hats and call him pretty. He did. But she seemed to be showing off even more tasty flesh. This food was begging for him to sink his teeth into her. Noodles swallowed, licking along his lips to make sure he wasn't drooling. He liked female flesh best, so soft and well marbled with fat.

Then he realized she was talking. Jerking his eyes up to her face, he was slightly distracted by her round cheeks. So tasty! "Noodles. My name is Noodles." He smiled, awaiting the surprise and probably a stupid joke. He hadn't realized how odd his name was until he had gotten attached to it, "What about yours, m'lady?"

Anonymous

"That's, erm, rather unique," she replied diplomatically, not wanting to ruin her chances with such a pretty yet unfortunately-named man. It was hard to think of what kind of parents would saddle their child with something like that. And she thought her own mother was embarrassing... Still, that had sounded too much like a backhanded insult, so she was forced to elaborate. "I suppose it fits you really, I mean, I couldn't imagine you being called something plain."

With that she laughed pleasantly, happy to move onto a less socially complicated subject. "Oh, you didn't see my sign? Granted, it's not as eye-catching as the hats. I'm Carys."

Seriously, Noodles. That wouldn't be any good in bed at all.

Anonymous

"I have never met another Noodles." He grinned, holding out a hand to the plump food, "Is there something you would rather call me? For you, I think I can manage a name change." He wasn't decided yet, on eating her yet or not, but it never hurt to lay the ground work. And he could always save her for later, when his current food ran out.

"Carys is a pretty name. I like it very much. It rolls off the tongue."

Anonymous

"That's very sweet of you, my love, but I couldn't ask a thing like that! You are Noodles, so Noodles you shall stay," Carys said firmly. Truthfully, she would have been quite happy to take him up on his offer, but that sort of thing just didn't seem like a proper start to any kind of positive relationship. It wasn't right in any case to go around renaming things all willy-nilly. No, it'd do the way it was.

At his continued flattery, she laughed quietly and reached out as if to take his arm, but had a sudden change of ideas. "Oh!" Quickly, she trotted over to the window and swapped the blue board propped up in it for a yellow one – 'Out to Lunch'. This way, if that assistant of hers ever got back from running errands, she'd know to open up the shop for the afternoon. "All right," she smiled, turning back to him, and the little bell chimed softly again as she pulled the door open and held it. "Now I think that does take care of everything."

Anonymous

Noodles stepped out into the street, taking her holding the door for him for granted. Once Carys was outside as well and her shop secured, Noodles wrapped his arms around the woman's arm, cuddling close and smiling brightly up at her, "Lead the way, lovely hatter. I can't wait to try the food."

He found that close contact was always handy. And while he was resisting her as a meal today, she might make a good one later.

Anonymous

"It's just down here," Carys laughed, easily steering the man off to one side. Goodness, he was light! That was perfect, though, since she did like her men a little on the feminine side. She'd learned not to comment too much to that effect though, as it seemed to offend them, but she could think it all she wanted. With a cheerful grin, she took in a deep breath. "Ah, it's so nice to get outside in the sunshine. I do love my work, but all day every day cooped up indoors, it makes you a bit nuts!"

Anonymous

Noodles was finding himself in a rather unfamiliar territory. Normally, he would just be sweet and charming and get the obviously desperate food alone with him. But he didn't want that. He just wanted to talk and listen to her. Mostly he wanted to hear about how much she liked him, but, honestly, the food was just so...cheery and fun, Noodles was just enjoying listening to her talk.

This was a very new experience for the demon.

"Yes, I hate being stuck inside. How do you stand it? I don't even like having to be shut in during the winter. But I suppose it is more rewarding for you. You do really beautiful work."

Anonymous

"Well, you know what they say, my darling, creative people have to be a little bit insane – but with the right inspirations that workshop is any place I want it to be!" She reached up and tweaked the brim of her hat thoughtfully with a small frown, well aware that her explanation sounded slightly pathetic and just a tiny bit like an excuse. "Maybe I do need to get out more."

Carys smiled brightly again, looking back at Noodles and shifting the topic away from her embarrassing lack of a personal life. "And what do you do anyway, if you don't mind my asking?"

Anonymous

"Ahhhh. I think that sounds about right. Being creative can be difficult." He beamed up at Carys, "I wonder, are all your customers as pretty as I am?" He didn't really want to talk about what he did for money and he was much happier listening to her compliment him. Best steer things back in that direction.

Anonymous

"Far from it, my love!" laughed Carys. She had noticed his sidestepping of her question, and just put it down to him having some awkward occupation that people asked stupid questions about. That was understandable, and she wouldn't press him about it if he didn't want her to. Besides, he was much more fun to talk about.

"I'd say some of them wear one of my hats so people have something nicer than their face to look at," she added, with a conversational wink towards Noodles. Huh, that came out a little more bitchy than she intended, and she backtracked with a desperate flail of her hands. "I mean, I'm not saying they're ugly or anything, they're just not all that memorable."

Anonymous

"Oh, well, I would. Most f-people are ugly." Noodles smiled up at her, unashamed of his snobby nature. Few people were blessed being pretty and he liked to flaunt his good looks. And the catty side of the hatmaker was cute.

Arriving at the tavern, Noodles stared at the door, then up at Carys, waiting for her to open it for him. Chivalry was rather dead with the demon.

Anonymous

Slightly shocked by his forthright opinion, Carys held a hand to her mouth to stifle a cheeky giggle. He was so rude! Oh, he'd end up getting her into all sorts of trouble, there was no doubt about that, and she wouldn't mind one bit. "I suppose I might think that too if I looked like you!"

"Ah, and here we-" she started, anticipating them to breeze through the thickly-carved door and onto lunch. Instead, though, they came to a dead halt outside, looking silently at each other for a few moments, Carys in increasingly pink confusion and Noodles in... General Noodles fashion, it seemed. "You know you can just go in?" she pointed out at last, pushing the door open by way of demonstration. "It's not so fancy you have to wait to be invited."

Anonymous

"Ah! Thank you." Once the food got the hint and opened the door, Noodles strode inside, eyes adjusting to the darkness inside the tavern. He found a place to sit and made his way over, taking it on faith that the food would follow.

Though, really, she might need to be categorized as not-food. Because he wasn't going to eat her. Sitting down, Noodles swung his legs, glancing about the tavern. He spent a lot of time of taverns, though he wasn't sure he wanted to really eat the food served there. It didn't do much for him. But appearances after all.

"What are you having?"

Anonymous

Carys shook her head, slightly bemused by the man's strange ways. Well, she supposed everyone had their quirks to get used to, and he was a little quirkier than most. She followed Noodles to a table (which just so happened to be where she usually ate, a nice coincidence) and sat down across from him, smoothing out her skirts as she did so.

"Let's see what they've got in today, shall we?" she chirped, peering around in the relative gloom for the chalkboard and squinting to make out the words. This was a decent area where most people could read, but that didn't mean they were any good at writing. "Pork... Belly... Casserole, I think that says... Well, that sounds just grand, wouldn't you agree, my lovely?"

Anonymous

Thankfully Carys read the sign to him. Noodles could read, but he was quite bad at it and the bad handwriting on the sign made it hard for him to read it. Pork bellies? That didn't sound so bad. He liked pork, it was similar to human and often filled with interesting spices.

He beamed at Carys, "That sounds nice. Lets get some of that. And some ale. I like ale, what about you?" He waved a hand at the barmaid, getting her attention. Nothing he liked more than being treated to lunch. And the hatmaker was paying, wither she knew it or not.

Anonymous

"Doesn't everybody like a nice bit of ale with lunch?" replied Carys, glancing up with a smile when the barmaid moved towards them. This one was her favourite, a pretty little half-elven slip of a thing who'd never reciprocated any of her flirting, but that didn't mean she couldn't enjoy a look now and then. She grinned at the girl as she reached their table, and greeted her warmly. "Afternoon, Lissie! Awfully quiet today."

Anonymous

Noodles smiled at the food, who seemed slightly uncomfortable. Either that was because of him or Carys, he wasn't sure, but he didn't really care. He was used to making food somewhat uncomfortable. Sometimes, even their little prey brains could understand that there was a predator around.

"Pork belly casserole please. With an ale." He gestured to Carys, "And whatever the lady would like."