Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Path of the N2

Started by Anonymous, September 16, 2005, 07:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Though Norriden was as speechless as Neseraph and Insera, he still managed to do something productive out of the situation. As did Tesri. Norriden managed to walk over to Kure's limp form and break the chains off her wrists. Once he lays her body on the ground, he begins to remove his glove, so that he could heal Kure properly. Tesri made his way over to the girl and crouched down to her level. He looks at the dead man, then to the gun in the girl's hand.
"I suppose there was nothing you could have done about the situation, besides what you did." Tesri notes to the girl.

Anonymous

Isabella looked at and spoke to Tesri, her voice soft and with a hint a sorrow, "He asked me to kill her," she pointed at Kure, "but he didn't really want that. He wanted it. He said 'it is the way of life'."
She looked back down at Hack's body and said, "We all fall down."
Insera's eyes narrowed a little; not in anger, but in the realization of seeing a bit of likeness between the girl and herself.
Meanwhile, Neseraph strode over to where Norriden was and Kure lied while taking off his longcoat. Once there, he draped it over her naked body from the neck down. "Those guys were always psychos. Hope she's okay..."

"The words of a defeated man," remarked Tangent, gathering a better grasp on the situation from the psychic's words.
Apothius chuckled amusedly as he gradually dragged himself to sit upright against the wall. "The worst part is, I never truely was committed to the purpose of the 'N2' when it was first formed. It was just a little game; a means to an end perhaps. Yet, in its demise, I still feel, even if just slightly, that I've been fragmented somehow."
Tangent looked like he was about to reply-
But whirled around instead to point his chaingun around the corner and down the hallway that lead back to the stairs, "Stop right there!"
"Calm yourself down. I am simply delivering a message."
A man dressed in an all white suit and fedora, with a gray tie and silvery sunglasses rounded the corner. Without fear of the Outcast, he brushed past and continued on his way down the hall.
When Virtue looked at him, she noticed something strange about him; that he had the aura of a High Seraphim's proxy about him. "Who are you?" she asked sternly.
The man stopped a step past Virtue and spoke without turning around. "Alexiannastraziel.. I almost feel sorry for you, to serve such an incompetent Creator."
Without turning around to address the man herself, Virtue asked again a tone more sternly, "Who-are-you?"
A second passed, and the man replied, "Right now, just a messenger...with a message for Norriden Utor."

Anonymous

"There," Norriden states as he stands up and puts on his glove in the process, "She's fully healed, but whether or not she regains consciousness is entirely up to her." Luckily for Norriden, he inherited his healing capability from his father. Tesri on the otherhand, stood up with a slight smile thrown towards the little girl.
"Ah, so you were merely doing him a favor? Well, I doubt you will be forced into that situation again." Tesri speaks to the girl as he turns to the doorway. The voices in the hallway have perked his attention.

Rosa opens her eyes to see Kynrei first. Just beyond the Proxy, she sees some of the others, that blasted psychic, and now a new face. She uses her metallic arm to help herself up to her feet. Kaité's attention was pulled to the newcomer when he mentioned Norriden.
"What message do you have? I'll be sure to give it to him. I'm pretty sure whatever information you hold, he would soon share with us." the green haired angel announces, a bit suspicious of this individual.

Anonymous

The man turned around slightly to look at Kaite and replied with a faint bit of scathing in his tone, "I have been sent to personally deliver this message to Norriden himself, but thank you for your generous offer. To my knowledge, he has come here.. but wherein I do not know-"
"Radiance," Kynrei said the name apprehensively as she came up fully onto her feet now, "Proxy of Mother."
He looked back to her and acted surprised, "Kynrei! You little bastard, imagine meeting you here. Been enjoying your 'freedom' or whatever you like to call it?"
*click*
The silencer of Virtue's pistol was pressed firmly against the back of Radiance's head. "Proxy of Mother... you may deliver your message, but any acts of hostility from you and you will die, understand?" Virtue commanded in a strict tone of voice that was quite uncommon to her.
"I would if I knew where he is...Proxy of Alexiannastraziel," answered Radiance in a decidedly annoyed voice.
"Down the hallway, the open door.." said Apothius, without a care of the situation.
"Thank you," responded Radiance, who didn't sound gracious at all.
"He must not be trusted," Kynrei passed judgement on the proxy quickly, glowering at him.
"Please," Radiance scoffed. "I have merely come to talk. Not like your opinion should matter much in any case, Kynrei - you shouldn't even exist right now."
Kynrei's scowled deepened as Virtue reprimanded Radiance, "Hold your tongue!"

Norriden's healing did the trick for Kure's numerous wounds and lacerations. The good news was that she seemed to be conscious; the bad news was that she was in almost no condition to talk, as her eyes were clenched shut and she was shivering like she was cold.
And what sounded like an argument out in the hallway caught the attention of Tesri as well as Insera, "What in the bloody...now what?" She slipped out of the room along with Tesri to investigate what was going on.
Neseraph scooped Kure up in his arms and pick her up off of the ground. "I'll carry her. Let's go see what the fuss is about."
Finally, a few moments after Tesri's parting words and disengagement from the conversation, Isabella said quietly to herself, "That's for me to decide..."

Anonymous

Norriden nodded to Neseraph as he spoke of carrying Kure. At least she's well. That's all that matter at the moment. When he looks to the others in the room, all he sees is the girl and Insera, barely stepping out into the hall way. Norriden follows out before Neseraph to see the new face amongst the others. At the time, Rosa has finally regained her berrings enough to walk over to the rest of the group.
"What's going on out here?" Tesri asks over the fuss as Norriden walks up behind him.

Anonymous

Radiance glanced past the angry Kynrei and towards Tesri, who just recently strolled up onto the scene with Norriden and Insera in tow. "Nothing that concerns you, but rather, the man behind you." He grinned in a way that was anything but amicable. "Norriden Utor...there you are. Having fun so far?"
Virtue nudged her pistol a little more uncomfortably against the back of his head. "Get on with it."
Radiance exhaled in an irritated fashion in response to Virtue's action and said, "Very well." He reverted his attention back to Norriden and continued, "I am Radiance, loyal Proxy of Mother, and I bring to you, Norriden Utor, words delivered on her behalf, without the troublesome interference of Alexiannastraziel.
"Utor, stop wasting your time. Mother has gone through a great deal to find her beloved daughter, and she will not suffer to see some roguish ruffian such as yourself take her away. Alexiannastraziel is clouding your mind with delusions of grandeur, with the false hope that you might actually be able to save Nazune. Everything you have done and everything you will do in this attempt will just be futile...and there is no need to ruin your life for nothing."
Insera crossed her arms and said flatly to the proxy, "What you failed to mention is how that has no relevance whatsoever on how Neseraph and myself will help Alexiannastraziel take her revenge on Mother."
Radiance shook his head twice and replied, "Was I talking to you? Regardless, your efforts are futile as well. Alexiannastraziel is a joke of a High Seraphim; she would rather stand idle and watch as those she loved died in front of her than act as Mother did to save them. I wonder...how does it feel to know that you are serving a High Seraphim that will only cry for you as you die at her feet?"
Virtue was clenching and barring her teeth furiously, and her grip on the pistol tightened harder and harder-

Anonymous

Norriden scowled at the man when the name, Mother, came up. He wasn't too fond of that Seraphim. Nothing made any impact on Norriden from what the Proxy was speaking of. The demonic angel gave him enough time to finish his chatter before he pulled out one of his guns and fired it in the general direction of the loathed Proxy's forehead.
"There's my response to Mother. I will save Nazune. Even if it means my own demise." After his blatant statement, Norriden walked on by and towards the exit of the warehouse. Tesri was shocked. This is not the brother he once knew.

Anonymous

Virtue instinctively ducked down, even though the bullet just grazed by over her head, as her face went from rage to looking like her 'life' just flashed before her eyes. Kynrei was merely satisfied to watch the proxy topple backwards, while Insera watched with an excited grin.
"Nice shot," remarked Neseraph like it was a harmless game of darts as he came up to the site behind Insera and Tesri.
Tangent stared at Norriden in a scrutinizing way as he passed by on his way to the stairs, saying to himself as if to help himself understand, "Even if it means my own demise..."
Apothius, merely a witness to the whole ordeal, commented, "Never a dull moment around this group, hmm?"
"We sort of like it that way, heh," answered Neseraph to him.
Insera started forward along the path that Norriden took while saying, "Enough banter. We are finished here, and we need to go now."
Kynrei glanced at Virtue before passing by her, and Virtue up at her as she regained her composure. "Are you alright?" Kynrei asked levelly.
"I am not concerned about my own well-being," replied Virtue as they walked. "But Sir Utor's, rather."
Neseraph looked back down at the psychic. "Well, was fun. Good fight though, remember, back in that building way back when? You guys were assholes though."
Apothius chuckled again. "How sportsmanlike of you. I might add that your little group were a resilient bunch of clowns."
Neseraph grinned. "Yeah, well-"
"Neseraph! Shut up and come along!" Insera yelled down the corridor from around the corner.
Apothius shook his head and smirked. "You let her control you too much for your own good, I wager."
Neseraph shrugged as he started along with Kure. "Maybe...but I kinda like it like that. Gets me off, you know?"

Anonymous

After watching Norriden show no mercy to the foreign Proxy, Rosa only wished she was still unconscious. That's the last thing she needed to see. Kaité merely shook her head at the thought of what happened while she passed by Rosa. The woman then follows the green haired angel. Tesri sighs as he proceeds before Neseraph. Now it's only a matter of what's next.

Anonymous

Once Norriden had made it outside, the voice of Alexiannastraziel came into his mind, and his mind alone:
I have seen and heard what happened. And-
She paused for a moment.
And I wished to speak with you about what has transpired thus far. I...I understand what you are going through, Norriden Utor.
I just wanted to tell you that; to let you know that you are not the only one who feels as you do.

And as the rest of the group began to trickle out of the warehouse, Alexian's soothing voice fell silent.
"Mission accomplished!" said Neseraph in a cheesy fashion, the afternoon sun causing him to squint his eyes.
Virtue and Kynrei went over to examine Kure, and the sooner said after seeing her terrible condition, "Physically she is fine, but I fear for her psychologically. No doubt she has suffered great trauma at the hands of the N2, and I regret to say that I do not know if she recover on her own simply from rest. The mind is a fragile thing, so we must find care for Lady Kure as soon as possible. Does anyone among us know where we might locate such specialized care?"

<font color=gray>Poor child...all alone...</color>
Isabella snapped out of her train of thought and looked around the room. "Who's there?"
<font color=gray>Just a Mother who has found a daughter without a mother, darling.</color>
She lowered her head and replied quietly, "My mom is dead...an angel killed her."
<font color=gray>I know, child. Your mother is in a better place now, but she is not happy. She cannot be happy, not without her daughter.</color>
Isabella glanced up to she thought the voice was coming from and asked with a hint of disdain, "Where is she...? Heaven...or Hell?"
<font color=gray>She is waiting for you, child. She wants to see you again...</color>
"You didn't answer my question..." retorted Isabella, gaining a little bit of courage. She added after she got no response for a moment, "Are you an Angel?"
Even though it was only a voice speaking to her, Isabella felt as though it was somehow smiling:

<font color=gray>I am not like those Angels, darling. You will see...</color>

Anonymous

Norriden completely ignore Alexian. He didn't want to be bothered at the moment. He has far too much on his mind. He turned upon hearing Kynrei and Virtue's examination. Before he could say some thing, Kaité begins to speak up,
"The organization I work for has extraordinary doctors. They combine real tools with miracles, so that would more than likely help Kure. Unfortunately..." She pauses to look at Tesri and Norriden.
"Due to recent events, Norriden and Tesri would be immediately taken into custody if they were to trespass on the SSHE grounds. Judging by the reports I've heard about Insera and Neseraph, they wouldn't be welcome with open arms either. Half of us would have to stay while Kure is treated." Tesri couldn't help but smirk when he and his brother were mentioned. He knows all too well why.

Anonymous

Virtue heard out Kaite's suggestion and nodded to her. "Whatever it takes to help Lady Kure recover from her ordeal-"
"Sure we can't just kill them all like we've been doing so far?" Neseraph asked like it was a legitimate option, prompting Insera to smack him roughly upside the back of his head. "Ow. Or not," he answered himself.
"In the meantime," started Insera. "I am quite sure that I am not the only one that wants to walk around looking like a butcher." Indeed, most of the party was painted red with blood during the opening of the fight with Apothius, and by now the blood was starting to dry on a little. "So...I am that Kaite and whoever else that would be 'welcome' into this organization can handle that, while the rest of us clean up."
"Sounds like a good idea," Tangent agreed, his own brown coat half red itself.
"Very well," said Kynrei.
"Good enough for me," replied Neseraph as he walked towards Kaite, the shivering Kure in hand.

"My mom was destroyed. Once that happens, there is no coming back. Hack taught me that," Isabella argued, still skeptical.

<font color=gray>That is not true. Your mother wants to see you so dearly, child...</color>
She frowned and glanced around the room. "How can I believe you? You won't even show yourself to me. Why are you hiding?"
<font color=gray>Darling, it is not that simple. I am able to come to Earth, but-</color>
Isabella narrowed her eyes and demanded, "Then show yourself! If what you say is true about my mom, then you'll at least stop hiding from me!"
Silence.
Isabella continued to look fervently around the room, searching for the person to whom the voice belonged to. Maybe this was just a stranger...and mom said that a lot of strangers were liars. Mom said that an honest would look you in the eye and that you could tell that he was telling the truth, and that liars wouldn't, because you could see it on their face.
She stopped moving, but her eyes kept darting around the room, still trying to locate-
!!!!
Isabella felt two arms slide gracefully down her torso, and that she was being embraced from behind. She tensed up, frozen from the surprise.

"Child..." breathed that voice into her right ear, as real as Isabella herself. "I speak the truth. Your mother loves you...and I can reunite you with her."

Anonymous

Norriden found no humor or relief in the current situation, so he remained silent. Tesri retained his smirk, but nodded when he heard Insera. Rosa looked amongst everyone once they agreed. Of course, she agreed, but it was a desition of where she was to go.
"Uhm... I think I will go with Miss Kaité." She notes to the side as Kaité nods towards her. Once the desition was made, Kaité walks over to Neseraph. Before she reaches out to Kure, she looks to Tangent.
"Who is it that you would travel with, Tangent?" Only he is one to know of where he would best be needed.

Anonymous

When Kaite came near Neseraph, he grinned and warned her, "Careful, she's a little top heavy, and I think I know the two reasons why, heh."
Tangent perked an eyebrow and cast a curious glance at Kaite; that actually was a good question, as he himself wasn't quite sure where he was most needed-
"Tangent!" Insera called to him. "You are going to come with us and wash your filthy coat, and I will not hear a word otherwise. You caught it the worst out of all of us it seems, so it becomes a necessity for you."
Proverbially catching the dropped ball, Virtue spoke up and suggested to Kaite, "If there is no problem, I would like to stay close by Lady Kure, as my Creator is very concerned with her well-being."

Isabella was overwhelmed; not only by the appearance of the voice's owner, but by the sights in her mind's eye of her mother from the not too distance past.
No longer able to hold it back, tears rolled down her cheeks as her face contorted in grief and sorrow.
"Ssshhh...everything will be alright, child," reassured Mother soothingly into Isabella's ear, hugging her a bit more tightly now. "Everything will be alright..."
Isabella sniffed twice, then pleaded quietly, "I want to see mom again..."
"I know, darling. I know," said Mother as she let go and turned Isabella around by her shoulders to look at her face-to-face.
Strangely enough, and even though her touch felt as real as anybody's, Mother was slightly transparent, almost like a ghost. She was clothed in a simple, very dark gray robe with a hood hung low over her pale face, hiding most of it save for her mouth.
"Isabella..." started Mother while holding the child's shoulders. "This I will do for you...if you be a good little girl, and do something for me as well."

Anonymous

Kaité smirked a bit when Nesereph spoke of Kure. Men... She took the once risen demon in her arms and turns on time to listen to Insera bitch at Tangent. Well, it sounds like he's out of the question. only one person to decide about where they will go. Kaité turns to Kynrei as Norriden speaks up,
"Go with them, Kynrei. I feel that you will be much safer with them than with us." The first words to travel from the demonic angel since they left the warehouse. And for once, he sounds concerned after a while of misdeeds and struggles.

Anonymous

Kynrei nodded to Norriden as her destination was decided, "Very well," and with that, she went to Kaite and Virtue's side.
"Just one more quick question before we wash up," Neseraph started, directing his attention to Kaite. "Any idea on how long it might take, so we can see what kind of time frame we're looking at here? Or is it something that could...vary?"
Meanwhile, Tangent was attempting to find out a place where the party could clean up and recouperate by asking the locals of Arca as they passed by on their daily routines. No luck so far though, mostly due to his rather unsavory appearance.

Anonymous

"That thought is dependable on how bad Kure's condition is. I'm sure the doctors in the organization can help her though." Kaité notes before turning to the few around her.
"Okay. Place your hand on my shoulders when you're ready." She finishes, signalling Rosa to place a hand on the green haired angel's right shoulder. Norriden sticks his hands in his pockets as he waits for the others. Tesri slightly smiles and walks up beside his brother with his arms crossed over his chest.

Anonymous

Virtue and Kynrei complied with Kaite's instructions as well, each placing a hand on her other shoulder.
Considering the matter with Kure done as far as she was concerned, Insera turned about and started to saunter towards Tangent out by the street, saying to Neseraph who was at her side, "Now that just leaves the matter of where to go to wash ourselves and our clothing."
Neseraph snapped his fingers and suggested in an excited tone, "I just got a brilliant idea about that!"
"Are you sure that the word 'brilliant' will accurately describe said idea?" countered Insera doubtly, with only the slightest hint of interest of what could be on his mind.
He clapped his hands together and pointed them both at Insera, "You bet, babe. Remember that one hotel, the only hotel we stayed at in this city? Ah man, what was- The Exquisite! Yeah, that was the name. What about that place, huh? It wasn't too bad, you know? Such fond memories... the Ball... the dancing... you in a cowboy outfit... all those crazy people we ran into... Wow. So what do you think? How about it for old times' sake?"
Insera, after barking "Don't call me that!" at Neseraph, actually had to think back a little bit to try and remember just what he was going on about. What made her finally remember was the vivid memory of having the Angel Sine in her crosshairs.
Insera smirked a little. Fond memories indeed...
"Perhaps," replied Insera after a bit of thought, as the two neared Tangent. "If we can find nothing better, then I cannot see why not."

Anonymous

Once the hands were placed onto Kait's shoulders, the five of them vanish in a brilliant flash of light. Norriden turns away once the few of them are gone. He follows behind Insera and Neseraph. Tesri walks along side of him.
"What's on you mind, Norriden?" Tesri breaks the brotherly silence with a question. Norriden only looks at him for a second as he continues to walk forward.
"What goes through my mind is my business. I am in no mood to converse with anyone when lives are at stake." Norriden's words were almost cold. he didn't sound too pleased with anything at the moment.

Anonymous

"Tangent, my favorite Outcast," greeted Neseraph as he dropped an arm over shoulders of the Outcast. "Any luck so far?"
Tangent glanced at the hand of Neseraph on his left side for a moment, then back at the New Angel himself, "None so far."
Insera looked left and right down the street as the more concerned passerby's looked the way of the bloodstained group. "That does not surprise me much. I would say that it is quite the stretch of luck that any of these people would even want to talk to you looking as you do...but I guess this time and my home time are that much more different."
Neseraph chuckled a little, then lifted his arm from Tangent's shoulder to pat him on the back twice, "Not to worry my tentacled friend, but we do have a place in mind. Good try though."
Insera crossed her arms and sighed a little, "Then I suppose that it is settled..."
"You know it," replied Neseraph with a grin. He looked over his shoulder and said to the brothers as they approached, "We got a place! I guarantee that you two will love it. Ever heard of the Exquisite? Me and Insera already tore that place up once, and I'm dying to do it again."
"Sounds exciting..." commented Tangent in a tone that was really anything but excited.
"You got the right idea," responded Neseraph as started down the street, heading towards the center area of the city.