Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Late Kiss Goodbye {M}

Started by visualspice, May 09, 2014, 12:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Jasper gave a frown, though tried to hide it as best he could and turned to Carmiss, handing him the note and instructing him to be swift. Then turning back to Mister Handelaar, he straightened his shoulders and asked, "Anything else?"

He supposed if what he said were true.. he might have to get used to taking orders from this man on a regular basis. By Kia, he hoped this middle of the night stuff would not become routine.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Aeytrious

"Actually Jasper," Ryk said with a grin, "that will be all. Dylanna is going to be so happy, and I'll be sure to share the credit." Ryk made his way back to Dylanna's room without hurrying. As soon as he was in he pulled his clothes back off, folding them neatly and setting them in a pile by the bed. He set his long knife across the bedside table, the hilt easily reached, and climbed back into the bed with his fiancé. When the tub arrived, the servants would bring it right to the room. It wouldn't need more than two to carry it. It was deceptively light, probably part of its magic. He'd have another one commissioned to replace this one, as well as commissioning his lover a new bed, and some fine furnishings. Dylanna was great at making money, but she didn't seem to be trained in spending it. Well that was okay, Ryk would lavish her with gifts. She deserved to have nice, comfortable things. Ryk gently stroked her hair and kissed the top of her head before letting himself fall asleep.
        Ryk felt as if he had only been asleep a moment when he heard the door open. Servants silently crept in, he watched them move across the floor. They lifted Dylanna's tub, carried it out between them. Moments later they returned with the tub he had sent for. It was deeper, longer, and wider than the tub they had removed, and it was decorated luxuriously. He looked forward to teaching her about the magic spout that supplied water to her specifications. She could lay there for hours, and there was enough room for him to fit in there with her comfortably. Once again Ryk let himself doze, and his slumber was as light as always. He dreamed of his love, as he held her. He dreamed of finally being free. When the sun began to rise, sending just a hint of its warm glow into the chamber where they slept, Ryk opened his eyes. He smiled at the sight of Dylanna, so comfortable in the bed next to him. He kissed her face softly and rose again without disturbing her, getting only partially dressed. Leaving off his vest and coat, Ryk padded barefoot to the door. He quietly opened it and slipped out, heading to Samuel's room. Inside he found the boy awakening to the light of the sun. Groggy with sleep, Sam didn't see his father right away, but Lightning did. The wolf pup let out a yip as he hopped down and ran to Ryk, hoping for another treat.
        "Hey, Lightning," Ryk greeted the pup, scratching between his ears, before looking to his son,"good morning Sam."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

visualspice

Samuel lifted up his sleepy head, eye lids a bit uneven as he moved to wipe the sleep from them and give a tired yawn, but the second he heard a voice, and a man's voice, his eyes popped open wide as saucers.

"Mister Handelbar!" he said excitedly, and immediately crawled out of the bed and clung to his arm in a playful attempt at wrestling. The wolf pup, seeing all of the excitement, joined in too and jumped onto the same arm and began to playfully chew and lick at both Samuel and Ryk.
"Why are you here this morning? Are you going to make me raspberry pancakes? Mom always wakes me up when she makes me raspberry pancakes!" the boy said enthusiastically.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Aeytrious

"Raspberry pancakes?" Ryk asked, "Well I think that can be arranged. I've never made yummy food before, but I think the cook can do it for us." Ryk smiled down at his son, tickling at Sam's stomach with his free hand. "You know I'm your father Sam. You can call me dad, or papa, or anything you like. Even Ryk would be okay with me. We're gonna have some fun today okay? But let's be quiet and let your mother sleep in. Can you do that little man?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

Sam stared up at Ryk with a lopsided grin.
"Okay," but as he moved to cling to his arm, he asked, with a bit of uncertainty. "Will momma call you daddy, too?"

Aeytrious

Ryk smiled at the question, laughing just a bit. "Well buddy, she probably won't. She might call me daddy sometimes. Mostly though she'll probably call me Ryk, or maybe some sweet name like honey, or sweetie, or darling. I'll only call her mommy sometimes. I like to call her Lanna. I think it's a pretty version of her name." Ryk grabbed his son with both hands and lifted the little guy into the air above him. "You're so smart Sam. How'd you get so smart?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

"So you're just daddy to me?" Sam gave a sheepish smile. He seemed to like that reasoning, and laughed when Ryk picked him up. "Mommy! She taught me everything. And some of the nice men on her ship, too! Though I can't repeat everything they say. Or mommy says she might have to wash my mouth out with soap!" He beamed down at Ryk. "Are you gonna carry me like this to the kitchen?" he asked, playfully bicycle kicking into the air. "I can pretend I'm flying! Like with magic!"
And the boys eyes glittered at the thought.

Aeytrious

Ryk moved about the room, carrying his son, letting him 'fly'. Little Lightning running behind, his tongue lolling out of his mouth. He swung Sam about and then finally brought him to sit on his shoulders. "How about you ride my shoulders like a king on his throne?" Ryk sped around the room with Sam on his new perch. "You're the only one that will call me daddy. For now. Maybe me and mommy will give you a baby brother or sister to look after. Would you like that Sam?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

Samuel was having a ball, and at such a suggestion, he gasped and hugged his hands around Ryk's head.
"Yes! I want a baby brother! Sisters are icky!" And he made a face of disapproval on that one.

Aeytrious

Ryk laughed at Sam's disapproval. He could see his son being a real lady killer some day, but for now he thought girls were yucky. "Are you hungry yet Sam? I'm starving." Ryk headed for the door, ducking low as he exited to bring Sam safely through the portal. "Let's be super quiet," he whispered to his passenger, "don't wanna wake mommy." Ryk crept down the hall, making his way to the kitchen. Hopefully the cook hadn't gotten too far along on breakfast. He promised his son raspberry pancakes, and the boy would get them.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

Sam placed a hand over his lips, but was giggling and smiling through them as they passed through the hall. But just as they were making their way towards the kitchen, he gasped. "Oh! No! We have to go outside first!" And he gave his little legs a short, impatient kick. "Mommy and I always pick fresh raspberries from the bushes in the gardens!" And he gave Ryk's shoulder a tug. "Come on. The door is over there!" And he pointed away from the kitchen to one of the side doors that lead out to Dylanna's back gardens.

Aeytrious

Ryk turned at Sam's urging, heading for the door. "You know, it's probably a good idea we go out anyway. Lightning probably needs to go potty." Ryk ran through the house to the door, making soft wooshing sounds, like the wind flying around them. He opened the door and ducked again to make sure Sam didn't hit his head, though the doorway was likely high enough anyway.
        "Which way now little man?" He knew the way, but it was much more fun to engage Sam in the navigation.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

Sam made a gleeful noise as they rushed outside. And once there, he laughed and gave a point with one of his fingers, "Over there!" He.exclaimed. "Just past the wiwwow twee!"

Aeytrious

Gripping Sam's legs, Ryk ran at full tilt. Lightning ran after them yipping with joy at Sam's laughter. When they arrived at the bushes, Ryk lifted his son from his shoulders. He tossed him lightly into the air, caught him, swung him around, and then planted him firmly on the ground. "That was fun," Ryk said smiling, as he mussed up Sam's hair. "So how about these berries? I guess my shirt will have to do for a basket since we didn't think of that." He unbuttoned it and pulled it off quickly, folding and tying it so it made a little basket. "Let's get to picking them. We'll save the best ones for mommy."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

Feeling the wind rush through his hair, and through his spread 'wings', the child let out a laugh of glee, feeling the butterflies soaring and tumbling within his belly as he felt as if he were truly flying and soaring free. He had never gotten a chance to really sit on top of anyone's shoulders, his mother, perhaps having done it when he was even younger than he was now, but the boy was growing fast, much like a week; and clung on heavily to his baby fat still, that evidence of use in his face, limbs and belly, and the soft quality of his skin.

When he was set down and hsi hair rustled, he beamed up at Ryk.
"Yeah! Let's get a WHOOOOLE bunch of them!" the boy stated enthusiastically, arms spread wide as he bounced about where he stood, Lightning yipping happily beside them, and as the boy went about plucking upt he raspberries (at least those at his level,) his face and fingers began to quickly stain, as did his teeth and tongue! Even parts of his hair were gaining small bits of leaves from the bush an dremnants of the raspberries that the boy was plucking and eating as he went. Eventually, when he'd gain a bunch in his hand, he'd dump them, fingers spread out, and then would totter off agian to eat and gather more, continuing the process until there was an ENTIRE mountain of berries, and the young boy was laughing and grinning ear to ear.

"Mommy will be happy. Look how any waspberries we got!" he beamed, puffing out his little chest with pride.

Aeytrious

Ryk smiled at his son. Sam was one adorable kid. He probably got it from his mother. "I'm sure she'll be very happy," Ryk confirmed with a wide smile. He looked down at the pile of raspberries in his shirt. The garment was thoroughly stained, and he had left the primper in his vest. Well that was okay. It would be a nice story to tell Dylanna when he went in there later.
        "Let's take these to the kitchen so we can get breakfast started," he reached his hand out to Sam to hold as they walked back into the house. "We need to make sure that breakfast is ready before mommy gets up."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

Samuel was as enthusiastic as ever, and bounced along with enthusiasm as he and Mister 'Handelbar' made their way towards the kitchen. The 'daddy' part hadn't fully sunk in yet, and as he moved about the kitchen to help his father out, Dylanna leisurely stretched out upon her bed, back arching, toes curling and hands clenching into fists while her face was buried into a contented sigh into her pillow. And it was only then one lazy, green eye opened as she peered out into the vacant bed before her. The only indication that Ryk had even been there was the faint scent of his musk that remained beneath the blanket she was still half buried beneath- and the partial imprint his body left behind on her bed.

Had it all just been some dream, but then she shivered, only a little, remembering she was naked before letting her face bury further into her pillow as she continued to stare out into the empty space before her.

Had it all just been a dream? Had Ryk actually came to her that night?

ANd if he had.... what then? Had she just been a fool to trust him- to open herself up and to try to find a way to bring back all of those buried emotions she had ever felt for him?

He had so many notches on his bed post... why would she be any different?

But this was Ryk Handelaar...
and if what he had told her was true...
he was so much more than that.

And he was in love with her, and they were engaged. But idly, her left ring finger itched. She peered down at it- and it was as empty as her bed.

Had this really all happened?
Or was this all just some crazy dream? Perhaps she should go back to bed, especially as she felt just the faintest desire to cry over come her, fearful, even now, that she had just become 'another woman' to him; despite all of the promises and confessions he had made.

To think, all of those years so afraid of him and what he was still kept her back from completely enjoying what had been, and what could be. But she closed her eyes and tried not to think of it.

No, no... she was thinking far too much. He had promised her, told her so much.
It still didn't mean it did not hurt to see him gone in the morning.

Aeytrious

The cook had been quite helpful, and much more pliable than Jasper. Coming in carrying a shirt filled with raspberries had, at first, baffled the poor woman, but she recovered well. She supplied a bowl for Ryk to deposit the fruit into and then helped him and Sam make a batter for pancakes. Apparently Dylanna normally did this herself, but Ryk was not as talented in a kitchen. At least not with anything that wasn't meat on a stick over a fire. Alko did most of his cooking at the Wolves Den, and at Ryk's estate, he had a whole kitchen staff that handled everything for him. Sam helped direct Ryk at the tasks his mother usually set him to, and the Cook handled the more complicated parts of the process.
        When some pancakes were completed, Ryk took Sam to the dining room table and sat the boy down with his meal. He mussed his hair again and planted a kiss on the top of the boy's head.
        "Don't give too much to Lightning," he told Sam, "you don't want him to get sick from eating table scraps. Stay and eat your breakfast. I'll be back soon. I want to take your mother her breakfast myself."
        Leaving the boy in the care of an attendant, Ryk exited back to the kitchen and had the cook give him a tray filled with everything Dylanna would need for breakfast in bed. He headed back to her room, hoping she was still asleep, and if not, that she would not be cross. When he arrived, he knocked lightly and quietly slipped in. He was not sure if she was awake, but if she were thoroughly rested, he might be able to rouse her from her slumber. Standing by the door, in his thoroughly stained shirtsleeves, holding the tray with her breakfast, Ryk gently cleared his throat.
        "Good morning my love," he said softly, "Sam and I prepared you a special breakfast."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

Dylanna had just about fallen asleep again when she heard a knock on the door. Tensing, she listened, but when she heard someone enter-a nd then who's voice it was, she turned around and raked the dark hair from her face in a groggy manner.

"Ryk?" And she barely remembered to clutch onto her blanket to keep herself modest.

Aeytrious

"Oh my love, no need to worry about modesty," Ryk said as he turned the key, locking the door. "We are alone," he told Dylanna, "and I brought you breakfast. Sam picked raspberries for the pancakes." He smiled at her brightly and brought the tray to her on the bed.
        "When you're ready I had a new tub brought for you from my home. I think you'll like it very much."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey