Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Where is my James? (Open)

Started by Rylok, October 15, 2020, 04:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rylok

Luna blinked a feline smile at the elf, but didn't offer any words to explain her amusement. Instead, she jumped up onto the counter, then onto Faelis' shoulders.  She bunted him gently, balanced on her perch, and reminded him of the collar.

"You can take the collar off while we walk. I agree; time is short. You go, I'll point the way."

Luna waited for the elf to comply with her expectations. Eventually, they left the house. She blinked her golden eyes against the sun, purred, then leaned on Faelis' left shoulder to get him to turn left. She straightened and let him go down the street until it was time to lean, and turn, right. The bookstore they reached was narrow, but deep, full of dust, books, and mice.  Magic, too, but the mice were much more interesting to the cat. Ah, but she had to find James. There would always be mice.  Luna leaped down off of her new person and began casting around for a scent while Faelis did people things. 

The Book Man greeted Faelis and ignored her, offering to help with anything and saying something about a new shipment of elvish books. Blah blah blah. James' scent was nearby, but stale.  Maybe last night, then.  Hm. She kept sniffing.