Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Helping hands in Prisoner lands

Started by LostSoul, May 15, 2022, 06:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostSoul

Godfrey really wish he invested in that walking stick. He was currently sitting on an empty barrel outside of an inn, in one dirty hand two day hardened bread with freshly caught and cooked squirrel+Rabbit+whatever the inn was selling for a single coin, and in the other, a mug of cider. His feet hurt, he was travel stained, he had to run from something twice his size in the forest (He would never admit it, he thought he could take it, then it knocked over a tree by accident trying to get him), and now, he was out of coin...and he wasn't even out of the country yet. His stomach growled underneath his dirt and grass stained shirt. He frowned as he began to eat, food wasn't as plentiful in the cities, expensive, nor did it help this would be his last inn-bought meal for a bit.

He ate quickly, chugging his cider before grinning at least it was good...and he could always go hunting...maybe? He shrugged, put the tankard down on the barrel where he was instructed to leave it (Something about dirt or somethin?) and started on his way. He never been to the city before, it was interesting, many big buildings, lots of stone, like a castle! People wore strange clothing, guards were a lot more armored...but the people seemed also softer? He saw only the young wrestle, many of his peers looked like they couldn't carry a bail of hay a few feet much less all day. The woman unusually thin, and want to be thin. Though, they did talk better, and used a lot of fancy words, it was like reverse, and he had yet to leave the country of his birth!

He laughed, turning down another road, he had NO idea where he was going, but one of these roads had to leave out the city eventually. He walked an even pace, wincing at his sore feet, regret briefly on his face before smiling at the strange and unusual place. He was so close to home, yet so far. He turned down another road, heading deeper into the city unknowingly, his cloak sometimes blowing, his sword sometimes bouncing off his leg, he was finally getting used too the weight on his hip.

He made yet another turn on the clean-ish cobble stone path, the buildings close together, people somewhat swarming the streets, though in the city, he looked more like a peasant then any with their fancy cleaned clothing and poofy dresses. He made a turn into an ally way, too many people on the main streets, it was quiter down here, but he was unaware of the dangers of criminals in the city, he was only a country boy after all.

@visualspice

visualspice

"Let me go!" The woman's voice carried through the winding,  narrow alleys, but the bustle within the busy city streets would have muffled any hearing such protests. She stomped a foot and pulled an arm. But the larger man laughed, a sound that, also carried until it was swallowed away by noises of the city.

He pulled the woman and she stumbled into him, needing to brace herself against his large chest. He of course, laughed again and held her firmly in place now that he had her closer again.

"I think this is all a big misunderstanding," the big man said.

"Big misunderstanding my foot!" Came the woman's haughty reply, eyes glaring hotly behind a curtain of her blonde hair that now lay in a messily over one eye. The larger man only grinned.

"Come on now.  I'm sure whatever was in my pocket you wished to steal can be procured by.... other means," the man leered, pulling the woman close enough he just about squashed her flat against his body.

Missendria did not need this. Not only did she happen to get caught, the man had to be a dick about it. She ground her teeth and wriggled beneath his grasp, which, irritably, she noted, were making her breasts press together tightly that they were nearly spilling out of her clothes. She rolled her eyes when she noticed the man's drool.

But his grip was firm. No matter how she struggled,  the man's wolfish grin merely grew. It wasn't fair, really.  She was no small woman,  sturdy with curves in her own right. But this man? He was nearly 7 feet! His chest was like a barrel and his arm muscles were larger than her head. She supposed he wasn't bad looking, but he was an arrogant prick, even by her standards. She wasn't looking to just simply sell herself for pocket change. And whatever information seemed to be in this man's coin purse of course couldn't so easily be obtained.

"I said," She went on, continuing to bare her teeth as the man seemed to just enjoy feeling her struggle.  "Let me go."

"Oh... look at those eyes. So full of heat..."

That comment earned only more fire. And as the man leaned in closer to her, Missendria took the moment to bash her face against his nose. The man howled in pain and cupped a hand over it, earning Missendria a brief moment of freedom as she stumbled to the ground.

Peering up, she noted the man was bleeding. Good. The jerk deserved it.

The man turned and glared at her, spitting,  "You bitch."

She attempted to run away, but the man was upon her before she made it to the other end of the alley,  and the pair spilled upon the floor, the much bigger man glaring and pressing a knife towards her throat. Her heart tightened and her blood ran cold.

Well.. things just escalated quickly.

She let out a cry as he grabbed a fist full of her hair and forced her to look at him, pinning her back now to the cobblestone where as before the fall made her eat it. She winced as he shook her, and he yelled, "Try thar again, bitch, and I'll cut your face."

CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

He kept walking, his frayed, tattered, traveling cloak softly flowing with the breeze as he made yet another turn before stopping, a frown of confusion, was he not just here? He scratched his head, the smaller streets were like labyrinths. He took a moment to recollect himself, scraping off a piece of dirt stuck too his chin before spinning around and pointing randomly. He grinned before nodding and went towards the direction that fate willed him...or the closest street, as he pointed at a boarded up building...and he was not going in there.

Despite being lost, the place was fascinating, keeping him occupied, the sounds a constant blur of shouts, carts, and clattering of metal on stone. He kept turning streets, seeing an old lady sweeping, some kids wearing burlap sacks and playing with an inflated pig skin...it almost reminded him of home. He turned another corner eyes peering over a guy forcing himself on a gal. He took another step, eyes going wide as he did a double take, wait what?

He took a step back brows almost too his hair line in surprise, he was huge, like a bear, and he was towering over a maiden....with a knife too her neck!? His face paled, blinking, was he actually seeing this, an attack in broad daylight! In a city full of guards? He blinked a couple of more times, his heart beating rapidly, never seeing such danger in a place he thought safe before. His eyes widened even more as he took in the full picture and realized the danger, there was a knife too her throat, he hadn't seen a guard in the last three alleys, she was going to die.

He paled even more, what should he do? His thoughts scrambled until he thought of the stories he was told, not only the ones of fantasy, but of the old town guards of the local lord who dealt with brigands on the regular. How hesitation and fear led to death in such skirmishes with not only bandits, but worse things that stalked the woods, of heroes saving princesses  from vile horrors without fear. He glanced at his hands, already shaking and sweaty with terror before he swallowed, he was scared, he could even die, but he had to do something?!

He suddenly charged, feet pounding on cobble, completely forgetting the sword at his side, blinded by fear of his own mortality suddenly in front of him, of the anger of fear, that he may not save the maiden...would he even have the will to keep going if he failed at doing what heros do? He suddenly leapt forward, going to shout, but his voice muted behind the adrenaline. Going to tackle the man off the maiden before the knife got too her. He had no idea if he would even move the man, but he had to try...he had to try.

@visualspice

visualspice

While the littler man might not have a thing on the behemoth  , he atleast held the element of surprise. He hadn't been expecting anyone else coming down the alley and when the younger man rushed into him, they both went tumbling to the ground.

This left Missendria sitting there, stunned. One second a knife was at her throat and another there was some... boy? Who just came out of no where and tackled her assailant clean off of her.

Her wits returned the moment her attackers had as he snarled up at Godfrey and threw the young man clean off of him. Sitting up, he bared his teeth at the boy and began to rise.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

It wasn't the man asking. It was the woman, and now the tall, muscle head of a man was walking towards Godfrey, irritation painted as a scowl across his face.

"YOU," the man began, threateningly.  "Have two seconds to get the hell out of my sight."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

Godfrey smashed into the mongrel, a loud grunt escaping him as they went tumbling, teeth gritting as he hit hard rock compared to soft dirt when he played with his fellow peers in disputes. He glanced over at the girl the knife was gone! Then his jaw dropped open, failing to follow through on NOT being distracted as he stared, then was flung as he hit ground with an "Oof", sword on his hip clattering and skidding the ground and sliding a little ways a way from his own tumbling.

Wits now slightly thrown out of him, he scrambled too his feet, dived for his sword, hitting his back with a loud thud and a groan as he rolled too his feet, sword in hand, slightly zinged. He glanced over, his voice thick with country, like some dirty farmer.

"Saving ya, now run!" he said before snarling towards the behemoth, though, it was more like he was the cornered animal then said behemoth.

"I-I'm not afraid of ya mister, leave that poor girl alone, she's barely twice yar size!"

he says shakily, like he's not afraid...his sword was clearly wobbling despite his words. He took a step back, his legs crouched, like some poor swords men stance. Glancing from the giant to the curvaceous lady...maybe a bit too long before shaking his head to focus on the giant, a strange look of determination and glory seeking plastered on his face.

visualspice

Missendria's face twisted at his words.
"Save me?" Snd she noted his shaking form as he challenged her attacker.

If things couldn't get any worse! She didn't need the young man's life on her hands if the burly idiot killed him. She had to think quickly, while Godfrey kept him distracted.

The big man was laughing.
"You? Trying to save her? That criminal?" His grin was cold. "Help her and I'll have the both of you tossed into jail! That," the man said with a jab of his finger in Missendria's direction. "Is a thieving fox of a woman! Why don't you just ask her just how she got into her little predicament?"

LostSoul

Godfrey gulped, not sparing another glance towards the lady, but his brow furrowed as he listened. He tilted his head as he listened, than began to reason with what wits he had left. One, thieves were handled harshly back home, true. Two, why did he not just kill her or call the guards? Suspicious. Three, that looked way too much like chapter three of 'The Great Hero: Melanoda' where she was put upon, thats just wrong. Four, he didn't try to call the guards, tried to kill a woman, and is now saying he'll be under arrest? He's evil.

With the rationale thought he furrowed his brow, speaking again

"You tried to kill her, not have the lass arrested, which ya did nay say, which makes ya a liar!"

He says before tightening his grip, anger lessening his fear, snorting, tip pointed towards the giant, than began to circle, like fighting a boar or bear. Like he was waiting for the charge, face red. He knew for sure that he was doing justice.

Meanwhile, Reda and her pal Godan were patrolling the ally ways. Multiple complaints about thieves and noise were coming in, sadly, they were both assigned to check it out by the guard captain, if only they didn't loss that bet during the nightly card games in the barracks. Reda sighed as she turned the corner, Halberd on shoulder, she turned her head slightly, Godan was picking his nose...and tripping over a hole in the road. She sighed, she never under stood why she took this job, or how Godan ever got handed a weapon in the first place.

visualspice

His accent explained it all. He had to be a country boy, and a severely naive one at that. He lacked the confidence of a well trained swordsman, and she worried things might escalate more than she'd bargain for. She slowly rose to her feet. She noted the tall man was unarmed and her eyes darted fervently, looking for the knife.

The tall man raised his hands, more of a mocking gesture than out of fear.

"Boy, I think you ought to put that sword away. Would you really use it upon an unarmed man? And besides,  do you even know who I am?"

The egotistical tone he took with Godfrey grated on her nerves. Ansgar's name, he was such a typical, rich prick! But part of his mocking threats she knew were true. He had clout. He could easily throw the both of them in jail.

"He's right, "the woman agreed. "You should stand down." She went on, approaching Godfry and placing a hand on his shoulder. "Besides, I can handle him."

LostSoul

Sweat dripped down his face, an eye twitching, his face getting redder by the second at the tone. He spared a glance as the lady walked over, than a double take again as she spoke. He had enough of this, he was not that pathetic, and he was not going to let her possibly be stabbed/abuse.

"Good thing I'm a peasant who don't know fancy speak, GUARDS! GUARDS! THAR'S A PERVART! A PERRRRVVVVARRT! AHHHHHH!"

He yelled out, shaking off the grip on his shoulder (totally telling his dad about how he saved a princess...she's a noble woman right? Right?) and charged. He was going for a stab in the large mans guts, he may be huge, but nothing weakens a man, be they high or low, like a good intestinal stabbing...at least thats what he was told.

Reda heard the cries for 'guard' faintly, but echoy, must mean they were close. She grunted nudging her accomplice Godan "Come on, we got work." she said, heading off to a jog, Godan distractedly following behind. They turned the corners quickly...to find some lad charging the extremely wealthy, playboy, major funder of the guard, Ansgar...he even funded the card games! Her brows raised as she ran forward, Halberd at the ready.

"Halt! Halt in the name of the law!"

She hollared as she ran forward with a grin, she was SO getting promoted for this, Godan also ran up "Yeah, what she said!" he said, rushing forward as well after looking about.

visualspice

Her mouth dropped open as the scene unfolded, not unlike that of some sort of nightmare.  She knew the second the guards were on the scene, she was as good as jailed. Before she could think any better, she rushed after Godfrey and before he could make his attempts to shishkabob their opponent, she tackled onto him with a throaty ,"No! Don't!"

By the time Reda showed up, the big man had suavely taken a step back while poor Godfry was tackled and he waisted no time on addressing the guards.

"Oh, thank Ansgar you finally came! This.. this woman tried to steal from me and conned this poor, unknowing farmer into helping her out. They both were about to attack me until you showed up."

He brushed himself off as he continued,  "I'm sure your boss will be thrilled you just helped Lord Brawswell." A family name that had many ties within the city proper. There weren't many who didnt know his name, and being the eldest son, his inheritance and title were powerful and impressive.

LostSoul

This was it, he was going to be the here, stab the bad guy save the guy. He was yelling his charge, than a sudden choking sound as he once again skidded on the ground. He didn't let go of the sword this time as he bounced on the cobble. Letting out a wheeze from the throat hold+cobble slam combo. Thats when he saw the guards, his eyes went wide, than wider when the man was commanding them!

He went to speak, but couldn't, he coughed instead as the guards took hold of him, retrieved his sword, and put iron shackles on him as he was roughly dragged too his feet.

Reda had the kid, poor confused kid, helping a thief! This is why farm hands stayed home, where there wasn't confusing things like thieves, they just had bandits. How safe it must be down there, Godan grabbed the girl...maybe not the smartest action on her part, but iron shackles have a hand in not allowing escape...despite wandering eyes, and stabs of jealousy.

"Yes Lord Brawswell, we'll take this rapscallions to the iron, contact the farmers lord, let him know what happened." Reda says, saluting as she pushed Godfrey in front, shackles clanging as he stumbled forwards, his mouth open wide in shock.

How could this happen? He's a hero, this is a misunderstanding, he was SAVING the girl...thief? But, the lord! He tried to stab her! STAB HER! He tried to speak but was too stunned/tired/ recovering from throat tackle (did she press into him? Damn, he'll have to try and remember) and processing to even form coherent words.

Godan slowly pushed the lady out "Corn on...get a move on ya lumbering wood for hands, thaz wot ya get for stealin." Godan slowly drawled out as the guards started to escort there charges away from the lord.

visualspice

Miasendria couldn't believe she was in chains...again! Tha kfully it had been a while, but it wasn't an ideal situation no matter which way you sliced it. She tossed am irritable but apologetic look towards Godfrey and just hoped he wouldn't fight too much. Thankfully, the pair were eventually lead off to March closer together, so Missendry was able to try to sneak a whisper in.

"Just let them cuff us and take us. Worse they can do is keep us in a cell for a couple of days." Hopefully just over night...
She had a job to do and now had to figure out .. other options for procuring the items from the lord.

It wasn't a long walk to the jail, where the pair were tossed none too gently into a piss smelling cell. Atleast they were uncuffed. 

Rubbing at her wrists, Missendria withdrew to a corner, arms folded as she hunched over,  contemplating her ways out of this.

She scowled and whirled towards Godfrey the moment they were alone.
"Why did you have to interfere?"

LostSoul

Godfrey was too shocked, he kept stumbling over his words, or shoved, oh gosh, the lord is going to be pissed, AND his mum and da. He would try to point towards the lord before being shoved again. He glanced over at Miasendria as she spoke, nodding and keeping quite, brows furrowed in worry. The cuffs were heavy anyway, who know that shackles could be so painful.

He was indeed tossed in as he did a roll after his toss in, covered in straw which he brushed off, almost hitting the pee spot, he shuddered as he backed away from that to look about his new home, shaking his wrists that were now free, reddened by the cruel iron bands.

He watched the guards for a moment, staying away from the lady, she did not look too happy. He stared for a moment longer than he should of  before taking the opposite corner and sitting down. No sword, in a cell...hey! Ment free food at least...they feed prisoners right?

He began to mutter before she spoke, his brows went up at the sudden conversation from her, he dropped the straw he was fiddling into the shape of a figure, scowling before looking back up at her.

"Ya had a knife to yar throat, a giant upon ya....thought it was some brigand trying to take ya forcefully...or kill ya, so did wot any person would, try to help." he snapped back, but it was not all angry, there was hints of pride mixed in with his speech before chuckling.

"Well, at least ya ain't dead...so wasn't a complete mess up eh? And if yar a thief, than probably a good lesson, for me and for ya." he says with a grin as he put his hands behind his head and leaning back "Wot yar name anyway? I'm Godfrey, son of Simonous, fair greetings." he said in good cheer as he looked outside of his cell with a frown before looking back with a grin. At least he can be in some cheer, she didn't end up dead, he's not dead, thats a victory. Now just have to get out...eventually.

visualspice

As 'Gofrey the Good Farm Boy' went off on his righteous spiel, her folded arms moved to her hips. She quirked a brow as he introduced himself,  before she sighed, disgusted and turned away. Stalking over towards the opposing end of the cell, she folded her arms again and began to look around out side the cell, back to Godfrey.

After a few moments of collecting on her anger, she sighed. Back still to him, she muttered, "It's best we don't exchange names,  Farm Boy. Besides, keep your mouth closed and we'll maybe be released come morning."

That was atleast one positive thing to think about.

LostSoul

He was still grinning before turning away, a slight frown forming. Why was she upset? He did something to help! He went to scowl before simply shrugging as he remembered something he read, 'a hero is not always welcome or wanted, he simply needs to know what is right, and what is wrong, and act on the side of his own wits and guts'. He nodded sagely too himself arms crossed, going back to smiling at his own good deed.

He went back to making something out of hay for his own amusement before she spoke again, he looked back up as she talked before chuckling

"If ya insist City Girl, though, I'm sure thar more interested in a supposed thief than a mere farm boy, I got a lord who'll scold me proper and vouch for me, wot about ya?" he asked with a raised brow, looking her up and down in a non-concerned manner, despite his leg bouncing slightly in worry. He was curious on that, he had the knowing that at most, he would be heavily scolded, and probably have to spend a month or two tending the fields again before he could sneak off again.

However, did city folk have that? He heard they were called free-people? Not a serf like himself, higher standing, fancier clothing, not noble though. No one to bail them out...or was she a peasant like him. Thoughts and more thoughts.

He glanced up on these thoughts, towards a trickle of light filtering in as he sighed, trying to relax for now, his barely started hay sculpture practically untouched as he got lost in thought.

visualspice

Missendria wasn't in any mood to converse. But she did listen- to him, and any of the goings on in the room- or that of what she could hear in the guards room on the other side of the hallway door. Too bad she couldn't get near enough to really hear them. It actually sounded like the guards weren't in that room but in the hall before it, leaving their dialogue garbled at best.

She sighed and stood there, leaning against the prison bars, arms still folded as she stared off in thought. Maybe she could pick the light come nightfall, but she would still like to know what sort of guards she'd have to contend with if that was her plan. Sighing again, she resigned herself to the waiting game. Eventually the guards would come in and inform them of their sentencing or whatever, but until then...
It still left her in a cell... with the Farm boy.

She still wasn't sure she desired much talk at the moment. She was still pretty sore from the days events, both bodily and mentally, and wanted to keep her temper in check- lest she pummel the poor Farm Boy for just asking her too many questions, like a kid.

Thinking to that, she recalled the number of times she disliked kids and snapped at them for being- just that. Kids. At least she was no mother. She hadn't the patience for it.

LostSoul

The body did indeed keep silent, he eventually blinked, and put his focus back onto his straw creation. It was slowly starting to look like a stick person, but straw like. He carefully, yet crudely made it a barely put together coat, and pants.

After he was done, he grinned, nodding and glancing back over at his brooding cell mate, she seemed the grumpy sort, on the other, it could be cause she was almost stabbed in the neck by a giant. He thought that too would put him in a foul mood.

He glanced at the bars, then back around, no guards still, he frowned as he looked at his doll, how fragile it was...yet how fragile was he? He stared before putting over to the side, right next to him, making it copy his sitting position. He gave a chuckle after getting it up right, then went back to staring out of the bars, mearly waiting for the crunch of boots...garbled voices, but no boots yet.

He kept this up until impatient boredom got to him as he eventually got up, and started to do push ups, what else was he to do? Sit and wait forever, at least he can try and make himself a little bit stronger so that the next time, he isn't tossed like some sack of wheat.

visualspice

Her souredness could only last so long, and eventually she was bored of this as he was and found herself a comfy, relatively clean spot against the opposing wall of the cell and simply watched him. 

Doing exercise in here? He must've been real antsy. A farm boy such as himself probably wasn't used to the confines of a city, let alone the city jail.

She continued to stare at him dirty, freckled face, smudged either dried blood or mud, and was that bruises? He atleast wasn't bad to look at, easy enough on the eyes with hair probably about as untamed as her own at the moment, although her locks were hardly straight and probably only added to her haughty beauty. Oh, and he atleast had a nice body too.

Eventually she looked away, staring at her own state and fussing over the dirt and scratches and snags of her clothes.

"Is this your first time in the city?" She guess she was forced into small talk.

LostSoul

He kept doing pushups, he lost count around 20, pretty big number that is, well so is 50, but numbers be hard and all of that. He glanced at her as he felt an uncomfortable stare, oh from his silent cell mate.

He raised a brow at her mid push up, now starting to sweat, not like he cared. He stared back for a moment, his chin bouncing off the floor as he stopped paying attention, causing his eye to twitch as he switched over to crunches to hide the fact that he almost knocked himself out on the hard floor. It seemed all the city girls were thin, at least this one had curves and pretty hair...not that he would ever say anything. Probably loss a finger...or an eye...or both if he mentioned anything.

He chuckled at that memory, poor farmer Jebinah, lost his finger trying to woo a girl, should of payed attention to the knife...and crazy. He raised both brows as his thought process was interrupted by a voice, his cell mates!

He grinned, continuing his crunches, but motioning himself to face her "O-ho! So she speaks! Aye, first time, nay thought I would end up in a cell, much larger and more dank then the one for drunks, rubble rousers, and pranksters I wager." he says in good cheer as he takes a moment to stop, sitting cross legged towards her.

"I take it ya neva been out the city then?" he asked in return, happy that he was getting somewhere. Momma always said that even stone has to crack some time, same with a bulls temper. He scratched at a piece of dirt, which was unfortunately a bruise he had gotten fighting back a wolf and face planting running away for the rest of the pack. He winced as he got the patch off, the dampness made the spots itchy. He kept scratching at it, waiting for her to speak, maintaining eye contact with her eyes with a lazy grin, or glancing over towards the faint noise past the bars, at least it sounded closer...key word closer.

visualspice

She wasn't surprised at his reply. It was written all over his face, but when the question returned to her in kind, she raised a questioning brow at him.
"I've rarely been. Hardly a need to. But can't say never been."
She eyed him still, twirling a piece of straw idly between two fingers. And at his question about the cell she shrugged and looked at the other , unused cells on the other side of the room.

"I suppose they gave us the bigger cell. Maybe they were just being gentlemanly," and she said the last part with a bit of a sarcastic bite, just enough to sound petty.