Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Helping hands in Prisoner lands

Started by LostSoul, May 15, 2022, 06:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostSoul

He lay there, somewhat grumply and pained. Having lack luster food? Sure, starving a little, sure. Pretending to be fed food? Not cool.

He raised a brow before laughing

"Aye, make them all the time for girls I'm stuck with cells with, as ya would be me first...and that we had straw not pee'ed on probably helps." he said with a chuckle, smiling, she was feeling better at least...he wondered if she ever thought of running? She was a serf...in a different sense too himself, he wondered if she even knew it.

visualspice

Her lips twitched into a smirk. She brushed a loose strand of hair from her eyes as she shook her head and turned away. Then she glanced back down at the doll, held loosely in one hand. She examined it critically,  nose scrunching.
"Well, if there is piss, hopefully there's not a lot."

She had idly been pacing and now paused with her back towards him as her thumb brushed against the texture of the straw doll. She noted it was pretty well made for what it was. Sturdy loops bound round the waist and enough care to fray the straw creating the doll's hair.

Then she peered towards the barred window,  her expression distant. The sun was setting now,  casting dark, golden light through the bars while formed long, cool shadows stretching across the room. She had to wonder how long she'd be in here this time, and found her fingers idly toying with the doll's hair.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

He chuckled sleepily at her comment, he hoped their wasn't pee in hers...or his for that matter. He felt everything darken.

He awoken, light reclaiming his senses to the sound of birds and foot steps, he felt groggy, hungry, and bruised. He slowly sat up with a groan, bags under his eyes, he smelt awful, once he got out of here, he was totally finding a river to dunk himself into before trying to do some sort of adventurer...and a fresh rabbit to kill and cook, it would be better than...that.

He glanced at whomever was approaching then at his cell mate. He hoped she made it through the night. The light was just coming through the bars, allowing one to see the floating dust in contract to the rest of the place, it was quite mesmerizing, but also lonely...he did not like jails, but it did give thought, if not brain rotting silence.

visualspice

Unlike Godfrey, she couldn't sleep. She may have dozed off a moment or two from where she sat beside the wall, but it was evident by the dark circles under her eyes and the pensive creases she had barely slept. It was early morning when the farm boy stirred, and it appeared as if the woman were set to doze off again. But then she shifted and peered towards the window. Daylight. The captain would no doubt be around before the hour was up. Odds were good Godfrey would be released but... she tensed a little. She wasn't so sure she'd fair the same.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

After re-orienting himself and finding his prisoner comrade in, errr, not looking so hot. He scratched his head as he looked about again. Meaning, sure, she's a self admitted thief, but she doesn't seem like a bad person. In fact, she seems more like a worried serf or those poor people afflicted with night terrors.

He looked towards the floor with these thoughts, how could a hero help in this regard? He furrowed his brow as he slowly began to speak.

"Hey...I know yar in a bad place right now, but one day you'll get out of it." he says with a grin looking up, by the gods that was pathetic, hopefully it didn't sound too awkward too her. He'll have to come back here one day, when he's stronger, more experienced, richer, and see if he can do something about this robber baron...Why couldn't he do something about it now? He looked towards the light with that thought, what could he do?

visualspice

She raised a single brow at his words. He didn't know the half of it. She basically had to sell her life to save another- that ungrateful cad. Her hands clenched at the thought.  But she swallowed it down, stowing those emotions away until they sat bitterly within her belly like a pile of sharp stones.

One day...

Maybe...

"I can't see them keeping me here forever." She shrugged at that. Or what if they could? The thought of being here indefinitely made her frown.  She peered over at him.

"You planning to go home after all this?"
She decided passing the remiander of their time with idle chit chat was probably the only way to pass the time.

LostSoul

He winced at the eyebrow raise, maybe not. He did tilt his head slightly, readjusting his position as he noticed clenched hands, uh oh, sore spot maybe.

His brows went up and she spoke, oh, maybe not upset? Woman are strange, he shrugged with a nod before his brows went up even higher and he laughed

"Nay, not yet...in truth, left to become...an adventurer, a hero ya know? Travel the land, save some people, fight a dragon, like from a book." he said, scratching at his cheek with a sheepish chuckle before continuing

"Nay want to be a serf forever...wanna do something with me self, make Ma and Da proud, maybe even go down in history as the greatest hero ever, get a title or two, a nice place that me parents could settle down at." he continued, a wide grin spreading, that was the dream. To be a hero, the most legendary hero, to see places he only ever heard of, to have his name be known across the entire world for his deeds.

He chuckled as he got lost in his thoughts before shaking his head "Now though, just adventurerin, barely can afford to pay for me supper let alone be a hero yet! One day though, I'll get thar one day." he says with a final nod, maybe even save her if he can, best he not mention that though, she may start laughing like his friend Hagtak...which she probably will anyway, apparently, he's got delusions or something.

visualspice

Well now...he had much to say. It made her smirk, well smile, but she forced it into more of a smirk.  She glanced down at the crudely made doll.

"So -Farm boy wants to be a hero?" She looked around and gestured with a smirk. "Can't say heroes start in jail cells,  but I'm sure when you belcome famous they'll have songs about it."

She thought over what he said. He was so full of naivety. So innocent in this tarnished, sinful world. She was a prime example- breaking the law just to survive, an example to what the world does to you. If he becomes a hero... ironically he might be the next one to toss her into jail. That would be ironic.

"You must have wonderful parents. " She tried to imagine them and the image made her smile. What kind of parents raised a young man with those ideals? He certainly had big dreams, and she envied that no one had broke him of that yet.

LostSoul

He chuckled sheepishly a hand rubbing the back of his head, almost blushing

"Aye...ya would be surprised how often hero's did end up in jail for doing the right thing, at least according to the stories." he says nodding again before looking at her, his brows going up as he began to talk excitedly, practically beaming.

"Aye! Me Pa is a farmer, humble sort, taught me to plow fields, must say nay a lot built like me around 'ere, most of me peers look like that could barely hold an axe much less a bail of hay for me then a hour, fend for me self and how to hunt for the family when the fields were lacking or the animals bare, empty, or not enough to kill for a meal. He's slightly taller then me, built just the day, has this straw hat, always read me stories about hero's and magic knights, may not be magical me-self, but thats beside the case, get thar eventually. Me Ma is slightly taller then me, well rounded, unlike ya city folk, its the opposite, skinny is frowned upon, means yar starvin. And hits ya real hard with her spoon if ya fuck up, she taught me to cook, sew, how to not beat me fellow kids senseless with a stick when angry, mayhaps talk...always calmed me, funny enough, she's the angry one of the house. Say get me eyes from me Mum and me Dad's attitude...I hope thar doing alright, never been this far from home."

He says going from happy, to happy with slight worry, brows furrowed "Whar I'm from, bandits and other things always lurking about in them woods, sometimes raidin parties of human or of the good folk of some sort, or great creatures strong enough to pick up tree's and toss them at ya, or wolves the size of ponies!" he says explaining his homeland with just as much gusto and energy as he did his parents. "Thar are large fields, OH! And a Lord's castle! Lord's got lots of maids, his tyke is about me age, a book worm, jealous of that, can't read too good me-self, know a little mind ya. We got lots of tasty food whar I'm from, lots of guards too! Crops far as the eye can see with plenty of game! Oh, mayhaps I can make a figure or two to show ya me parents! What are yars like? Ya City folk are strange with yar bright garments and high walls, we don't have too much of that...nay do I think ya choose thieving as yar first choice, don't think anyone does mind ya, only the desperate or no idea what else to do to survive."

He finishes with his yammering, smiling happily as he starts making more straw dolls from his make shift straw bed, seeming to be in good spirits as he watched her curiously as he worked, humming happily, much of his previous situation forgotten, he also was conveniently ignoring his very angry and hungry belly, he'll have to settle for something later, AFTER he was out of course.

visualspice

As he went about his new project, the nearby ignored bowls of 'porridge' stirred, a single large bug crawling out from it's muck. Gross. Missendria tried to ignore it.

Farm boy had a lot to say, gushing like a spring welled full from winter's thaw. She couldn't help but smile from it, shying away so that couldn't be seen.  It had been some time since she had genuinely smiled. When she worked at taverns, the smiles were pretty and her chest perky, she knew how to move and stand to get the most attention- but it was all a farce, goods to show. Farm boy was ... different. He wasn't here because he was trying to seduce her. He was genuinely... good. She shifted uncomfortably at the thought, and the guilt she had been trying to ignore bubbled to the surface, renewed.

Habitually, she pushed it into her belly again. She'd rather eat that for breakfast anyways than the one that was crawling away now....

Sadly, she was beginning to enjoy his company,  something she didn't have the luxury to afford, and made the repression for true companionship all the more a sore spot in her belly. Add that to the spice of her jealousy, and her stomach was in a veritable knot.

In a his excitement, she nearly didn't catch the conversation being passed to her and her smile twitched,  threatening to frown, but the emotions were clear in her eyes. And she knew it as she turned away from him. He was too innocent to hear the truth. And she didn't need nor want pity.  Her life was her own doing, and she just had to suck it up, do whatever her 'master ' said until she might someday be...

Free.

That was a laugh. What would she even do with herself? She had already built up this reputation to keep her master sated... She would never escape such a life as long as she breathed. But it was a nice dream... to have been able to live and love and indulge so simply in life as she had done before.. before all of this.

But she had been in love.  And love, she knew, was foolish.

She realized she had been squeezing them doll a little too tightly, and she felt the bindings loosening within her grip. She peered down at the doll with a bitter smile. She couldn't keep anything nice.

She was being too quiet for too long she realized and put on her best face,  one that hid any emotion and made her look smug and confident, casual even despite her distress as she  finally turned to face Godfrey.

"After a story like that, it hardly seems fair I'm asked to share. " She gave him an almost sultry smile but inwardly chided herself. She wasn't here to work the farm boy. But habits were hard to kill. She had become a sarcastic flirt, one that kept others at arms length but reveled in their wanting.

No, she had to leave out the flirting. It wouldn't be fair to the farm boy. He'd be too easy to wrap around her finger. Perhaps in another life he would be an ideal match for a dying Dreamer like herself...

But here she was in jail. Here, she was in this life to serve for her mistakes. And she vowed to never be so blind or stupid again. Love hurt too much. And besides.. hadn't the young man come about saying what his wifely type was? Yeah, she didn't have the flimsy body of a lot of the city goers, infact, she had the curves and ideal body type he was looking for in his country wife. She, naturally,  lacked his desirable personality type, she was sure. Either way, love and men were off limits. Besides, Godfrey didn't deserve to be jerked around and toyed with. She had already brought the poor fool to jail with her,  she didn't need to be his first heart break,  too.

LostSoul

Godfrey was too distracted with his making of straw dolls and story telling by the bug that crawled out of there supposed 'porridge'. The first doll, looked like the first doll he made, but the figure was slightly taller, and even had a straw axe resting on his shoulder, though the axe looked a little curvy. Straw wasn't the best building material for this sort of thing. The next one was a shorter female one. The only difference between Missendria's figure was that the figure he just made was a lot rounder and curvaceous. His fingers worked quickly through the straw before holding both out to see, a broad uneven grin showing his happiness.

"This is me Ma and Pa! Good folk as said." he said beaming not only at her, but his creations as well. His smile broadened even more that he finally saw hers as he laughed before speaking again, going to put his creations down "Ya should smile more! Suits yar face it does."

He looked back after putting the dolls down, now three dolls sitting in a row, his eyes passing her hands as he went to look back up, his eyes glanced back down, then back at her "I can fix that if ya want?" he says with a grin, she must be one of those happy squeezers, reminded him of his neighbor Belldon, she would squeeze anything if happy, peace be to the person she decided to squeeze, heard stories she squeezed so hard, she could break a cows ribs.

He shuddered at the thought before his brows perked and he laughed "Nay nay, let it out! I'm 'ere to listen! I would argue that after pouring me heart out that it would be unfair of ya...but thats ok, ya don't need to give anything ya don't need too, heard the city life can be as brutal as the country life in different ways, and I've always been a bleeding heart." he says in reassurance as he tapped his chest, chuckling as things went silent again. He actually got a chance to look her over with peace in his mind compared to yesterdays chaos.

She definitely was not built like most of the city girls. She actually had curves, and wasn't whispering or mocking behind his back of him being some sort of bumpkin...which he was, but at least they weren't trying to make a mockery of it (whats wrong with the country? At least we have food and actually pretty woman). She also was rather pretty, she didn't talk much, but from her smile, wow, she must of been a much happier person in the past, he wondered what happened...maybe why she's a thief now? Either way, she seems nice enough, could do with about a month of good eating, get her a cute pot belly going ,or even a year, oh wow, what would she look like in a year of actually eating heartedly? He thought she was curvy no-

He mentally cudgeled the more desirous thoughts of his head, as he shook it before a blush formed, he can save those thoughts for later. Beside, he highly doubted, just from the way city folk looked about here, that would ever happen, beauty standards too different. He stared at her for a moment, thinking.

Why couldn't she smile? He would love to see it again, heck, probably a lot of people would love to see it, maybe she lost her parents? Would explain why she didn't talk about them, maybe she had a lover who broke her heart, classic fairy tale story there. Or maybe she got mixed with the bad crowd? Either way, how could he help her achieve that smile, how could he help her be that happy? Why did he even want too? She was nice...or at least nice enough too him, she didn't feel bad. He even wanted too help, in fact, would a tale it would be for a hero to take down a crime ring? Maybe there are others stuck thieving for this robber baron?

He made up his mind as he spoke in the silence, his face going serious as he tried to meet her eye.

"Hey, I don't know you well enough miss, and I'm not the best candidate for being a hero, but when I get out, I promise that I'll get stronger, even if a little, to take down this Robber Baron who's serfed ya, ya deserve to be free and for people to see yar smile, its pretty and I think yar not such a bad person, even if ya may be a thief." he says with a grin "It, uh, will probably take a bit, but I'll certainly keep it, within a year I'll be back, and when I'm back, I'll keep me word." he said with utter seriousness, like someone laying down an oath, keeping his eye contact the entire time before looking away slowly to start working on another straw figure. Humming peacefully as he heard birds chirp, he smiled, it would be a good day, and he would free her, he felt a twinge of excitement, how many would he save from this robber baron? This was like his first quest! A QUEST?! He smiled softly, he couldn't help it, he was going to help people, one of his first tales! For a good cause, he needed to get stronger...or more how to use a sword, even faster now.

visualspice

One night in a jail cell should have been like any other. Farm boy had to prove it other wise. She felt... uneasy, and fought off a blush herself several times as she would continually keep her back to him. In the end, despite his compliments about her smile, she was frowning.

She wanted to protest, warn him to stay away- enjoy his freedom and go try to be his own hero. Come back here? What a foolish sense if duty to a woman he barely knew.

A yeowl at the jail window nearly made her jump clean out if her skin but as she whirled around to see what made the noise-

"Jack!"

A rough looking Tom cat sat perched in the window. He was a street cat she had grown found of over the years who often times kept her company. He.. was sort of the only friend and family she had, if she wanted to admit it. Never had he visited her in jail.

The cat gave a raggy meow and rubbed his scarred old face against the bars of the window, before spotting Godfrey and tilting back his ears uneasily,  sniffing in the man's direction.

LostSoul

Godfrey was still smiling despite the frown, its ok, its a long promise to keep, but hero's and country folk keep their promise (unless your a miller, NEVER, trust a miller).

He took a sigh, glancing about, the jail people...or the captain should be back soon...ish? Maybe, this was getting awkward, he was hopping for some...what the bards call it? Dramatic timing? Now he has to sit here, nodding. Which he was doing, as he had no idea what to do now after making such a promise.

He went to speak, maybe something about the weather before he also jumped at the meow, almost sitting on the straw doll of himself, causing him to fall backward to spare his doll. He sat up, straw covered with wide eyes.

"Jack?" he asked simply as he started to brush straw off himself, and going to sit back down, pretending that he totally didn't just make a fool of himself, he obviously tripped...despite sitting down, damn slippery prison, err, floors? Seat? Whatever.

He waved towards the bars "Hello Jack." he said as he leaned back, looking at the cat curiously. He did not dare too sniff himself  as he put his hands behind his head. smiling at the cat, reminded him of a barn cat...but one that decided to fight the goat too many times, or the dog...or just about anything over where he was at. He grinned,

"Scrappy thing ya look Jack." he said with a giggle, he was just about to mention food before looking at the still moving 'porridge' , making a disgusting look, and looking back like he wasn't just thinking of offering that over. Also, good timing on the cats part, and see! The lady can't be all THAT bad if she's carrying for such a scrappy cat.

Godfrey probably smelled terrible, like a farmer who has yet to take a bath. Both of which are true, sadly, for the poor cats nose.

visualspice

Jack's ears twitched this way and that, still sniffing uncertainly towards Godfrey before the cat paused, pupils going wide before slimming into slits. Then he jumped clean from the window, sailing between the two and landing with a predators grace upon the sludge monster bug, creating an audible crunch. The bug didn't make it, and a moment later he picked the twitching bugs corpse in mouth and mrowled proudly over towards Missendria where it promptly dropped the twitching carcous onto her foot.

A lesser woman may have fainted or screamed at this display,  but once the initial revulsion wore off she actually laughed and proudly praised the cat with a scratch behind his ear. Jack's tail swayed rigidly and happily as he went about rubbing his body against her skirts.

"Such a proud hunter aren't you,  Jack?" She cooed,  scratching just where he liked it beneath his chin.

LostSoul

Godfrey contentedly watched, a brow going up at the cat, he didn't smell that bad...but he wasn't going to smell himself to find out. Then both went up as the cat went sailing, on too...whatever that was, where did that even come from? He tilted his head in confusion, but shrugged as the cat presented its prize.

He grinned and clapped for the cat, he didn't dare get up to go over and pet the cat, once again, a good way to loss a finger. Them cats gotta come up to YOU if you want to pet them, can't go up to them. He sighed, waiting patiently as he stayed still as he could, maybe, if he stayed still, the kitty would come over. This is where he wished he had a snack of some sort...for the cat and himself of course. He was starving. His stomach growling in response, he almost frowned before he heard foot steps. Someone was coming, most likely a guard. He stayed where he was though, and mearly watched. Not much one can do but watch and wait at this point. He glanced at Missendria before looking back with a sigh, his time was almost up it seems.

visualspice

It seemed Missendria blossomed into some other person, the very presence of the cat softening her outer shell as she fussed over the old and dirty flea infested feline. It didn't even give one sparing glance towards Godfrey. He was here to see Missendria, after all.

When she noted all was quiet did she remember she wasn't alone as she cleared her throat and ignored her blush and looked towards Godfrey.

"Jack.. this is Farm boy. He's good people, not like that mean lot from your alley." She went on, scratching behind his ears as he purred grumbly and loud.

LostSoul

Godfrey was content to watch, his smile broadening as her demeanor changed. He suppressed the laugh, but he knew it! Look at that, and she was acting like she wasn't a nice person.

He did tilt his head slightly, did...did her cheeks turn red? Probably cause she was focused on the cat. He laughed as he leaned forward, offering his hand as he leaned forward to be sniffed by his royal majesty, not wanting to loss a finger just yet.

Meanwhile, A guard stopped outside the cell, tapping the end of his Halberd  on the ground to signify his presence, this particular guard was starting to get a beard and shaved poorly, the hair all over the place.

"Alright, here to retrieve the lad, sorry Missendria, seems ya gotta stay a wee bit longer, best say good bye or something."

The guard said before hacking a glob of spit into the porridge as he fiddled with the keys, obviously taking his time to find the right one out of the thirty or so keys he had. Causing a ruckus of metal rattling on metal.

visualspice

It seemed she and the cat were ignorant of the guards presence, that was until he spoke and spat and rattled the keys about with leisurely discourse.  Turns out, Jack wasn't much of a fan of the guard once he got a good look at him. His eyes widened and his tail floofed up to exorbitant proportions as be let out a bellowing mrowl of warning.

The guard paused between key flips and finally noticed the cat.

"What the- is that a-" And before the guard could finish,  Jack's massive form charged after him. Startled, he dropped the keys with a curse, nearly hitting the cat with them and Jack began to swipe out viciously with his paw. The guard was taken back,  nearly dropping his halberd as he stumbled to catch it and backed away to avoid the feral claws.

"Jack!" Missendria leaped towards the cat to try to grab him to halt his attack but the cat had already slipped through the bars. "Jack, no!"

But when did a cat ever listen? And the nearly thirty pound Tom cat was hissing and yowling after the stumbling guard. After a time, the young man got his wits about him and readjusted his halbard and attempted to crown the cat to get him to stop.

"No!" Missendria cried out, tossing herself at the door and pressed herself against it desperately. "Don't hurt him he-!" She gasped as the haldbard nearly crushed the cat, but Jack was fast and snarling mad. "Please, don't!"

The guard nor cat were listening, and she felt helpless as she watched the man try to kill off her only companion.
That was, until she saw the keys that had fallen within arms reach. She didn't hesitate to snatch them up and unlocked the door, just on time for Jack to zip through the bars and Missendria to let out a little battle cry of her own as she flung the heavy door at the chasing guard, smacking him hard upside the head with it- And the guard went down.

LostSoul

Godfrey sat there, and watched as a dire house cat just assaulted a guard. What, the, fuck. He blinked slowly and surely,  mostly in how messed up this cat assault was. His eyes widened as Missendria started getting upset, standing up as well to stop her from assaulting the guard, that may not be the smartest thing to do, but she really seemed to care for that cat.

Then the can ran in and she opened the door, knocking the guard out, by the gods stinky arm pits, what to do now. He stood there, hands going too his head, how do you solve this! HOW!

He stared in utter horror and shock, she could be killed for this, it was almost like a stor-WAIT! THATS IT! In the tales of Teorrosa the thief who tricked a demon into banishing its-self. In the first part, he faked his death to get away. Could he do something similar for her? Like hide her or something? They gotta have something around here, ANYTHING!

He heard foot steps were coming as he started to run about the cells, finding a dirty patchwork sack, could it work? Who knows! But it was better then what the guards would do to her!

He ran back, frantically stuffing some hay into it before tossing the sack at her.

"Get in the sack!" he said frantically, barely waiting for her to get in to start loading it with hay, like he was trying to disguise her as a bag of hay!? MADNESS!

His hands were dirty and hay covered  as he spun around in a circle twice after he was done, and if she did get in, he would put hay on top, like an over full bag, which he had experience of handling, Move her to an inconspicuous spot before running over to the guard to shout for help, and pointing down the hall way.

however, if she didn't, he would  look about and say "Run or sit in the cell then!" and would jump back into the cell, or, going to lay down on the unconscious guard himself!

The entire time, he thought he was SUCH a genius, obviously

visualspice

Well, that escalated quickly. Her mind was in a whirl, heart pounding inside her ears that when she finally realized more guards were coming because of the ruckus, she panicked and in turn finally saw what the panicking farm boy was up to.

That's when she grabbed him roughly by his shirt.
"What are you doing!? What's all this hay in the sack going to do?"
The rage in her voice was enough to trigger another angry meow from Jack, who now had his puffed up self pressed against a wall defensively. That's when Missendria's demeanor changed again as she turned to Godfrey, whom she still held a fist full of his shirt.

"We got to get Jack out of here!" She'd never forgive herself if the guards killed him.