Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Promise

Started by LostSoul, May 30, 2022, 05:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostSoul

He got his stuff on, grumbling that he was forced to put on his sewage smelling armor...but this stuff was expensive and there was no way in high hell he was going to abandon it. He looked over as she crawled out the window. He laughed at what she had to say as he joined with.

Pretend he didn't see her? Sure, let me wait an entire year with a promise that I would come see you to pretend not too see you? Yeah, no, wasn't going to happen.

He was grinning, chuckling as he stood or walked beside her.

"Too bad, I promised ya I would be 'ere to help, so I be helping, mostly by going whar ya going." he said with another chuckle. He closed his eyes to smell the air...ahhh, sewage. Priceless.

visualspice

Her face skewed in confusion as she turned to him and placed a hand upon his chest. She tried to smile, but it was strained.

"Look.. I appreciate  you wanting to help. But this.. I..."

How could she explain to farm boy she couldn't get him involved.

"I have to do this alone." She made sure to emphasize it. Eyes roamed him momentarily at their close proximity.  He seemed to have grown some. She quickly looked away, hesitating before she shook her head and steeled her resolve.

"What I'm doing.." she continued, being sure he was looking her in the eyes as she spoke. "You can't follow."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

He tilted his head, alone? She had to do this alone?

His brow furrowed before he spoke

"I'll help you, even if I have to damn myself in sin. I'll keep my promise, even if it means I'll be nothing but dust in the end. You are my friend, and I'll go to hell in back to see you safe, even if the world has to burn in the process. Lets go." he says taking her hand gently in his

"I've seen things a normal person shouldn't ever see, I've been a tool of scheming nobles by accident. I've saved people by going to hell and back. Those were just people, you are a friend, if I'm willing to go do far worse to see those that I care for safe, even if it means my end, lets go." he says firmly.

She was his first friend outside of his village, it didn't matter what happened, he would always be there for a friend, even if the world thought him the bad guy, cause to his friends, he would be a hero. Sometimes at the end of the day, thats all it takes to be one.

He grinned to beat the sudden seriousness that had fallen "Besides! Who else is going to put meat on yar bones!" he says with a chuckle, he felt awkward being suddenly so serious there, but it was true, probably truer then most things he said, cause it was his nature, and it made him.

visualspice

The emotions he evoked swirled and twisted into fluttering knots within her belly. Her face turned pink at the statements before she finally found her voice.

"Has nobody ever told you 'No', Farm boy?" It was hard to tell if she was mad or joking.. or both. She clenched her teeth.

"I'm being serious. This.." she sighed, irritated, and turned away from him befire looking back with a haughty glare. "Look you can't just come back here thinking that hero act from a year ago will wedge you into this.This is my problem. And it doesn't involve you."

Her eyes shined angrily and she felt awful for saying it. He did just save her again,  did he not? But she was already stressed to her limits and the last thing she needed on her conscious was to have him involved with this, or get his blood on her hands.

"Things are too complicated now." She trembled some but pressed, "Godfrey  .. please . Things.. aren't that simple. You can't just.. just show up and do this."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

He nodded with a chuckle

"A few people actually." he said, his brow furrowing as she spoke. He waited patiently for her finish speaking, his smile slowly fading before nodding

"I understand yar being serious...but so am I, and I can come back because I'm here now, it is yar problem, I'm just here to help you with it."

he said before nodding some more "Very complicated I take it, ya should explain it to me simple country head whats going on, and aye, Aye I can, I showed up plenty of times and did things, this is but another matter, besides, this is what friends are for, sticking it up to whatever is going on while robbing skeletal princesses. We should get going before a guard spots us." he said with a grin, tapping his head before making a motion for her to lead on

Did he feel bad for pressing himself into this, yes, was he risking himself? For sure, but he already decided a year ago he would do what he could, and he always kept his promises. He would save her or help her out of this, one struggling hand at a time or die trying.

visualspice

That was the last straw. She couldn't handle it and with a sudden cry, she shoved Godfrey further into the room before she slipped out the window, hastily slamming it shut. once she was outside, she gave him one angry but apologetic look before she made her way down to the street.

She looked to be sure no guards were coming before she rehooded herself and raced down the street.

Damn farm boy! Why did he have to make this more complicated!? And she knew he was trying to do good.. but..

This was her debt. No one else need damned.

LostSoul

He was shoved, eyes going wide as he took a step back, tripped over the bet, water going every where, he scrambled too his feet now with smelly wet chain. He felt his face go red, did she just fucking run again. He looked out the window, seeing her run. He swear steam almost left his ears.

He jumped out the window, glass shattering as his thick leather boots hit the ground, he turned, and started running after her. He didn't worry too much about the window, he already payed for it emotionally. His running was as hard as previously, but he felt kind of peckish, he was so getting some lunch...or dinner? He was getting food, didn't matter

For now, he had some antsy skinny bitch he called a friend to catch...and WHY DID SHE HAVE TO BE SO FAST!?

His face was red, almost screaming in rage as he ran after her, like some horribly angry guard. He was so going to do nothing when he got to her besides scold her....like, a lot.

visualspice

At the sound of the broken glass she whirled around, mouth gaping in shock. Did he just.. what was wrong with him!? She didn't have time to think, he was already making chase! She huffed. What the heck was he thinking!?

More importantly, she had to wonder what she was thinking. She smiled a little,  finding herself sadly fond of the chase.But the thought didn't last. She only had so much time before she had to make the drop.

Her expression grew serious as she wound her way through the back alleys , finding the less guarded paths to heads towards the river. She knew Farm boy had to be close.. but how could she shake him?

As she rounded a bend she spotted a cart pile with hay. Godfrey was still a ways behind her and she was growing weary, her head pounding and body red with sweat. She was starting to see stars and used whatever momentum she has left and dove into the hay stack,  sinking within and trying to train her breathing to a slower pace. She felt dizzy. She felt sick. She just hoped she could lose Godfrey.. atleast for the night. She'd make it up to him later.  She did owe him that steak...

LostSoul

Now, not only was he angry cause she was running...AGAIN! But also she was doing it with a head wound, like, what she going to do? Run for a few minutes then into a wall and make the whole thing worse. He skidded as he rounded a corner, seeing her move around another, just her foot though. He gritted his teeth, he had to be fast enough to catch her before he lost her again.

He huffed and puffed as he made the bends, he glanced, they were close to the river...he could potentially get them across, she may hate him, but she would be out of the city for sure. He stopped as he lost sight of her, he looked about, road, turn, hay pile...hay pile? He looked over it, glancing at the ground, couple of straws of hay...hay looked slightly matted, she couldn't of made it far.

His brow furrowed as he marched up to the hay pile, leaning on it

"Remember how I said I would go to hell and back for ya?" he said in between breaths as he leaned forward to grab her before she choked on some hay or something. Doing his best to keep his grip gentle as possible, he didn't want to hurt her...well, brief images danced through his mind as he had to chase her, but it would be ok. A big grin on his face as she came out, as he would always be here one way or another.

visualspice

When he pulled her out, she just about spilled into his arms. She didn't even fight it,  eyes glazed with dizziness and fatigue.  She was a mess, hay sticking to sweat slick clothing and her hair. She was awfully red, not even realizing she might be with fever as she was seeing stars. She closed her eyes as she gripped him suddenly, legs slackening against her will.

LostSoul

Godfrey caught her with a grunt, adjusting his hold so she isn't potato sack riding again, more like a cradle for her safety. He frowned at her situation, then frowned some more when he realized that jumped through the window and the inn will have most likely called the guards. He was not a happy camper, he frowned some more knowing that said unhappy inn keeper saw his face and most likely reported it...to the militarized guard looking for a thief. He closed his eyes, what was he going to do...

He opened his eyes, he knew EXACTLY what to do. He grinned, he was about to pull a move straight out of his countries most famous noble tale, that one guy who faked his death ( it was some really pompous name he didn't care to remember). He confidently walked the street, stopping out side of a better looking inn, he wrapped her in a shawl  before carrying her inside a more fine inn. Slapping more money on the table (it hurt, but not for long), asking for another room, his lady was not doing so well and had to fetch a doctor. The man rushed to help him to a room, he carried her up, putting her down as he thanked the man before shutting the door before turning around, quite red in the face.

Not out of anger, but the fact he had to search her pockets. It took him way longer to actually get the process started. Once he started, he carefully as he could searched, doing as little as possible to touch her until he found it. His eyes went wide, woah, that was one big necklace. He took it, carefully pocketing it before leaving, then coming back with a wet rag to put on her head, wiping her face off of sweat.

He later went down, telling the inn's man that he would be back hopefully after find a doctor, thanking him plenty for the room, he was truely a kind man. Then left, headed straight for the guard area. They put their halberds up, wanting to know why he was here.

Godfrey casually strolled up, holding out the necklace.

"I wish to report the princesses necklace found." he said, the guards hastily dragging him inside to where he made report to the captain. Oddly enough, the same one who arrested him a year ago. He smiled, made greeting, then got straight to business. He came back here after a year of mercenary work (hero work really), to come visit his family, went to see the princess, saw a figure leave, went to help the guard who captured said figure, said figure escaped. He chased the figure into some chamber pot area, appeared in some giant room with a burning gorilla. He tried to save the thief and a guard and failed miserablly, both were burned, the only thing left of the thief was her cloak, ash covered, but he did find the necklace. From their he got lost until now and wanted to return it.

After a moment, the captain nodded, saying there will be a much bigger reward, handing over a small sack, praises, that he should go meet some important nobles ( he really didn't want to meet any of them at the moment). He simply smiled, saying he had found a sick woman on the way who was trying to get out of the city and he needed to help her. There was some arguing that they could do it, but he insisted. They relented and would allow him access. He returned back too the inn.

He entered sad faced, saying he couldn't find a doctor, so he was going to escort the poor lady out to find a medicine woman. Went back up retrieved his ill friend, picking her up the same way he carried her in, like a gentle cradle. Then proceeded to walk out, and so he did, he walked straight out, not even the guards stopped him, just some saluting. And he kept walking out stopping as he finally left the city before turning back, his face set seriously, he needed to get her help. He layed his coin purse on top of her, it was hers, anyway, how much in there? He wasn't sure, but hopefully this makes up for faking her death and returning the necklace...he hoped.

He frowned glancing down, for now, he hoped he would be able to get her to a nearby village medicine woman, for they were safe, for now.

visualspice

She made a soft noise when she finally came around. Her head was still pounding and she smelled wet metal, sweat and ...

"Ugh.. what reeks of sewage."

Blinking groggily,  she finally realized,  with a start, that she was in Godfrey's arms. She pushed a little.

"Wh.. what!? What happened... where!?" She stammered, floundering in his arms. "Godfrey...?" She looked into his eyes. "What.. what's going on?"

LostSoul

It was getting late, evening...most certainly past his super time. If he ever gets to this medicine woman, he wondered if he could get some ham...OH! A slice of cow, with some bacon, maybe some wheat cakes an-

He glanced down as she stirred, he chuckled before looking back down the road, the thing stretched forever

"That'd be me." he said simply with a grin, happy to see her awake, his brows went up a bit as she started to flounder, he adjusted his grip, and put his head back to avoid any push.

"Settle down thar. We're outside the city, ya have a nice pouch of gold...well, I hope its gold, ya also happened to die in that big fire that happened today, so Missendria the thief is dead...at least in that city eh?" he said with a grin, keeping his pace even, not trusting that she wouldn't start running, or worse, trip and hurt herself if he set her down.

He kept walking for a bit before turning slightly red in the ears "I, uh, had to search ya pockets for what ya nabbed, no worries, it got turned in, thats whar the gold is from, yar out of the city, nay have to worry about yar debt cause yar dead! Now ya can live yar own life eh?" he said, a large boyish grin more suited for someone in their teens then almost 20's. He was practically beaming at her  as he looked back on too the road.

"Searching for a medicine woman for ya...ya were running a bit hot, good excuse to get ya out too boot." he said nodding sagely, he was such a genius. His foot took another step on the dirt road, it was good to be back in the country, and if he pretended, he just saved an incredibly plump princess from a revolution by faking her death, just like the story. His grin broadened at the thought. Helped a friend and in heroic fashion, he chuckled at the thought.

visualspice

Missendria paled despite her fever. Her head hurt so badly she needed to close her eyes.

"Wait wai wait... Godfrey.. please..put me down. I..." she felt woozy, groaning. "What are you..are you saying? You.. you . returned the necklace!?"

Never mind she was apparently dead!

LostSoul

He snickered despite himself, he was SO clever

"Ah yep, I returned it, said I pulled it from yar burnt corpse, guard said they'll report it when the sun comes up, and nope, nay putting ya down. Ya sick, tired, and head still hurt...you will also likely run. I'm hungry, I do not wish to do another chase whar ya may potentially hurt ya self." he said nodding sagely again

"Nay worries, we'll be hitting a town nay too far from here with a wise woman, get ya treated up for a wee bit, stay with ya until ya better, then we can discuss what ya doing from thar now ya actually a free lass." he said, like was all so simple, everything was solved, easy peasy lemon squeezy.

He smugly grinned, not only saved his friend, but she also got payed without debt. More then likely he'll... have to meet with the princess to get some other reward, he didn't want to, girl that thin has no right to be called princess, but alas, he'll go anyway, and also give that to her, as she technically needed it...unless, it was like, really big, then he's keeping that reward (like a noble title, OH! If he got a title, he could get a place like home, he would need to get a statue up for his goddess, would his parents be noble too! an-) he shook his head to stop day dreaming.

"Almost thar..." he said, he was getting kind of tired, all this carrying and running since lunch without even dinner, saddened a soul ya know?

visualspice

Missendria's mind swayed as she groaned again.  She couldn't take all of this information and struggled again.
"Farmboy.. please... you can't carry me all the way.." she blinked. "Where are we going?" She wasn't some light weight! But as she struggled in his arms, she noted there was more rigid give then before.  He must've.. bulked up some, or something.
She sighed, exasperated.
"Godfrey, please! Put me down!"

LostSoul

He laughed

"Only if you promise not to run and use me as support, and I could, had a lot of practice recently." He will never admit to also training so he could carry a Yalthnea sized princess one day, which she was no where near.

He kept walking until then

"I'm walking ya to a village called Taer, small one outside the city, about six hours away from my village, know it had a wise woman, she treats me up sometimes when I take tasks about here...will treat you as well."

he said simply, getting ready to put her down, smiling at she still had some fire left, must mean she was getting better already!

visualspice

She gave him a look.
"What if I did run off.. you gonna just chase me again?" She asked with a huff. But there was a bit of playfulness in her voice.

"Just put me down. My legs aren't broken."
.. were they?

LostSoul

He sighed

"Aye....please don't." he said, but couldn't help but smile himself as he stopped, gently putting her down. Once down, he watches carefully, then begins to walk

"Nay, ya legs kind of twiggy, but not broke." he said, which wasn't really true, but was kind of true, maybe not true? Doesn't matter, he got a shot in, thats what counts, verbal word play, HA!

He also took a breath, he got to shake his arms off, phew, gave him a bit of rest for sure.

He slowed his pace to walk side by side with her.

visualspice

She gave him a sharp glare, but a hint of playfulness in her eyes was hard to hide.

"Twiggy legs?" Was he carrying the right woman? A twig, Missendria was not. It took her a few steps to feel comfortable walking as she put a hand to the lump on her head.

"So you said I died?" She winced and pulled her fingers away. "Well, certainly feels like it."