Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Promise

Started by LostSoul, May 30, 2022, 05:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostSoul

He almost snorted at the twiggy legs comment before chuckling

"Nay nay, in the city, aye, da opposite, in me village, legs be about normal to small dependin." he said with a grin.

He kept quite as he they moved along, houses in the distance

"Aye...thought it may be the best way to get ya out of yar situation...which ya are now, how does it feel to be free eh?" he said with a grin over before looking back

He wanted to ask now, but he felt it unfair, he would wait until she was better before he asked her once again to be his traveling companion. He stayed quite in thought...what if she said no? His brow furrowed in thought, guess he would keep going his way then. He pointed the houses a few paces in.

"See almost thar." he said, letting silence fall again...he wasn't too sure on what to say, been a while since he made small talk.

visualspice

Free? Her smile was small and... sad. Godfrey... sweet as he was, had no idea how wrong he might be. Her... master.. it...
Was never so simple as a 'contract'..  In fact, she had been warned not to even try to get out of her contract. She shivered. It was best not to think about it.And her head really, really hurt.

She dropped her gaze, still uncertain how to respond.
"Feel? I feel like my heads about to explode. And I could use a month's worth of ale " She might as well laugh it up. For now anyways..she supposed on farm boy's book she was.. free.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

He kept walking, sometimes glancing over to make sure she was alright, the houses getting bigger with their thatch huts as they got closer.

He frowned at her frown

"Hey...you ok?" he asked as they walked as he nodded "Inn has some...not the best, but will get ya through the night, I can order some for ya and bring it back as the wise woman works on ya?" he said, his brows furrowed in worry.

Why was she sad? She should be happy? Was this whole thing deeper then he thought...how far would he have to go to get her out? How far would he be willing to go to dig her out.

The answer was obvious, as far as he needed to, a hero did not rest until the task was done, in some ways, the task is never done...well, he won't know until she tell him, but for now a victory.

He still frowned though, things were supposed to be more...happy? Then this sad thing going on, dang...maybe he should really push for her to come? He didn't even know what she wanted. His brow furrowed again in confusion, why this gotta be so complicated?

visualspice

She wobbled a little, involuntary and caught onto his arm. She apologized softly before shaking her head.

"I'll be alright. Its... been a long day."

She sighed and leaned into him, eyes closed.
"We're almost there, hrm? I could also use more rest."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

He kept walking, stopping slightly to allow her balance before continuing on, he simply nodded

"Aye, aye it has."

he said simply, moving a tad bit slower before glancing over, almost there, probably in the next two minutes.

"Aye again...once in, I'll lead you to the wise woman, get us some food." he said before his brow furrowed

Oh shit...how much did a city girl eat, they had to eat less then the average girl back home...huh...fuck it, he'll just bring her that amount+extra, can't go wrong with more.

He sighed, tired himself, it had been an emotionally+physically exhausting day indeed.

visualspice

She nodded, tired, and sighed as they continued.
"I hope this woman knows miracles.  Gods and the heavens know I need atleast that."

LostSoul

He grunted in response, as they got to the front of the village where a guard stood at ease.

The guard straightened up as they came, Godfrey waved, allowing the guard to get back to rest. Travelers waved, not bandits.

Besides, if it was a ruse, it would work well here. The two would pass in fine, if not watched a little warily. The town was small, a clear circle with a large building heavily lit, lots of noise and laughter came from it, the local inn. They passed by the inn to a much quiter darker part, to a small house where Godfrey knocked on the door.

An old woman, one that looked like a hag answered, with old gnarled hands opened the door where the hag scowled at them.

"What bring you at this time?"

She asked, voice crooked and old.

He made motion to Missendria on his arm, nudging her forward "This one needs help, she has hit her head and suffers fever." he said.

The old woman glared, scowling as she opened the door wider before speaking

"Come, have a seat, always coming hurt or to bring food...at least its not you this time." she said, beckoning them in.

Inside was various herbs hanging with a fire place to keep them warm, behind a cotton curtain must of been the old woman's room. As this room looked like a mix between a room, kitchen, and herb room. Three statues  sat on in the room, like gods. One was of the Kai, the duel god, formed in two parts, with an acorn, a green leaf, a red leaf, and a stick around the head that split into a female and male one, the next was made of dark oak in the shape of a horse, Fyarion, the body had shiny bolts in it that flickered in the light, And the last was a simple stone statue of a very curvy, but also a very fat beautiful woman with long hair.

The Kitchen hung even more herbs and a smokery built into the house, smoking something, probably from her fire place, it also had garlic and other edible, tasty herbs hanging about as well. The bed was of soft straw and where the city girl would be led.

The old lady began to look about for things, grumbling about head wounds and politices, sometimes hobbling over with an old cane to poke, prod, or feel the girl, before looking for more things, causing clanging of pots and pans.

Mean while, Godfrey went and kneeled in silence before the stone statue, staying there for a bit before standing, putting a hand on the city girls shoulder "I'll be back with some food in a bit, I trust her, she'll treat ya good." he said before waving and leaving silently to get them food.

The light was low in the room casting shadows as the old lady came back to mix herbs before speaking

"Now, this stuff is a wee bit nasty, but will heal ya up proper." she said as she began to mash things in a motor and pestle, sitting on a stool beside the bed. Soon, only thing that made sound was their breath and the motor and pestle with its almost silent thumps.

visualspice

By the time the pair made it inside the old hag's hut, she was thankful to finally have a seat. Yes, it did her some good to walk so that Farm boy wasn't carrying her around needlessly, but she still felt unsteady on her feet- and her head never once stopped pounding.

As she was lead into the little place, an interesting mingle of smells assaulted her nose- heavy garlic, but things more alchemical perhaps were added to the dank and thick smell. It was almost as if the air itself were dried out by the hanging herbs, and that the dust was thick with it, too.

The little place was perhaps what one might imagine an old medicine woman might live- one who was a mystic, and mysterious in her ancient arts. So many things inside were intriguing to her, interesting Gods and idols she had never seen nor heard of- at least ones that were always cast in shadows by Kia herself.

The old woman chatted as she went to work with her mortor and pestle, grinding up the ingredients to a fine, misty powder. Her hands were gnarled and bumped over with years of callouses and swollen knuckles riddled with pains of the old. She would have offered the help the poor woman, but she was fast and efficient at her work, despite her age- and just as Missendria was finally relaxing enough in her chair, the old woman spoke again.

"I'm not worried about the taste. It can't be worse than the sewer waters," she told her, a small smile to her lips. She studied the old woman before introducing herself. "Farm boy didn't give to you my name, but I'm Missendria. Missendria Rakkel."

LostSoul

The old woman cackled as she pounded at the pestle

"Carlin, not from around here aren't ya? The boy normally doesn't bring other people to be fixed...nor do I remember him getting a traveling partner, but I'm getting old, memory don't work too well." she said before hobbling over to a jug, pouring it into the motor and pestle, swirling it around before hobbling back.

"Now drink this, will lessen the pain." she said, glancing from the stone statue to her before waving and shaking her head "Watch yar self with that lad...he's got weird beliefs, worshiping that strange goddess in the country they do." she said as she hobbled off to get more things, coming back with some blue glittery paste, which she goes to smear on her head, it wound tingle and itch horribly for a few seconds.

"Thats to help the fever, don't touch it now, will cool ya down."

Meanwhile, Godfrey was getting food, and was totally not sure what to do, did city girls eat anything special? He was loading up a tray, able to convince the inn keeper to lend him a wooden circle for it, loaded with ale, soups, slices of meet, cooked potatoes, stews, eggs, sandwiches, and over all too much food. He stared at it, would there be enough for him too? It was common for the woman in his town at night to eat until they were completely stuffed to the gills... he highly doubted that city girls do the same, but had to be sure, otherwise he would give up his portion. After confirming that there was in fact enough food for all factors. He walked back slowly, balancing the tray, walking back in. Where he put it on the counter, grinning, and about to speak before he was hit over the head by the old womans cane.

"What are you doing bringing so much food! She isn't Yalthneaian stone for brains!" she scolded, hitting him over the head again, as he put his arms up, trying to explain before being beat some more

"Wait some fo-" thunk "Will yo-" thunk "Stop ya old ba-" Thunk thunk

Godfrey was in a ball before the old woman 'humph' then turned back to check on her patient, then back tracking to get an ale.

"Gods know I need it for yar foolishness." she grumbled inbetween sips before hobbling over to fetch a rag, going to wet it.

Godfrey, now uncurled from his scolding beating went over with a grin and furrowed brow "Ya ok thar?" he would ask before, glancing as the old woman was coming back, Godfrey taking a couple of steps back to keep himself out of wacking distance.

"Sweated through her clothes, now get, nothing for you too see."

"Wait let me gra-"

"I SAID GET YA CLUB FOOTED, FOOD FOR BRAINS, BOY! GET!" she shouted shaking her cane threateningly

Godfrey quickly grabbed as much food as he could take before scrambling out. The old woman scoffed before turning back

"At least they respect woman, now, lets get ya cleaned up." the old bag would say, and start to get her cleaned lest she sat in sweat.

visualspice

Missendria winced as the old woman applied the ointment, but did as she was told. It tingled and burned but... well, she had worse.
Like the taste of whatever it was the old woman gave her from the pestle. Kia's beard! What a hair curdling god-awful taste it was! It took most of her wits not to vomit it out, but she swallowed it down and was half wheezing once she did.

Then Godfrey returned and-
Well, the interesting show that went on was almost enough to make her forget about the fact she still felt she needed to vomit. She couldn't help herself but smile as farm boy was then shooed away and the old woman was left back to tending to Missendria in relative silence.

She hadn't realized that well, despite being in men's clothing, she was soaked with sweat and well-
men's clothing aside could NOT hide how much.. ahem womanly she was that was pronounced by such means.

Even still, she couldn't help herself but smile, and also snag whatever ale there was and guzzled it down until that almost made her vomit too. But at least most of the taste was out of her mouth. She sighed and turned to the old woman, not sure she had the stomach for food at the moment before she glanced towards the door.

"I could definitely beneath from a bath," she went on with a sigh. "Do you have waters or a well that I could use to wash? And if it's not too much trouble, a change of clothing as well." The longer she was in these clothes the worse off she'd be. Sewage water was vile and apparently she had some coin to spare.

"Even a nearby river might be nice. I need a good, thorough soak," she went on, moaning at the thought.

LostSoul

The old woman would help out, going back to her youth on how she used too look the same way...how much that was a lie or not is too be seen, but she seemed to be day dreaming about it as she helped with the sweat.

Eventually coming back to the present, scowling "Aye, got a cotton robe..." she said , hobbling to her own room, and coming back out with it

"Here, we have a river, nay a well, ya can go thar, best becareful, many a peeper around here, if they aren't too drunk." she snorted, complaining about drunken lechers as she got to cleaning things before looking back

"What are you doing, ok, before that stone for brains gets done eating and asks where ya are, he probably took a dunk recently himself.

Meanwhile, Godfrey was cleaning his armor in the river, as it smelled miserably. He had eaten his second sandwich, he would get too the soup and ale later...after he didn't smell. He dunked and turn, putting the clothes sopping wet to the side. After which, he would pick it up, then his ale, back in his normal peasant clothing, and going to walk back, beginning to eat his soup, damn old woman, chasing him out ,beating him with a stick...probably cause he reduced her discount from 10 to 5 percent...and cheaped her out of a gallon of milk, dang, should of let her have the gallon to avoid that beating, his head and arms smarted with those welts...hopefully Missendria was doing ok...he still worried how would she react?

Would she say yes...meaning, best case is that she goes and converts, but thats a fairytale...from the outside world, his people were weird...he was weird. What a strange world. He shook his head, taking another spoonful of the squash soup, had to wait until she was better anyway, for all he knew, the answer could be a no, for some reason, he dreaded that answer.

visualspice

"Someone peeping is the least of my worries. I just want to be rid of this Sewer smell."

When the robe was offered she accepted it graciously,  and took what soaps were offered too before leaving the place for the river.  Thankfully it was nightfall and the moon offered ample lighting. She found a tall, secluded place among the river reeds and shed herself of all her clothing before stepping out into moonlit waters as she began to scrub her entire body down fervently.

LostSoul

Godfrey missed such a scene, heading back up, freshly cleaned himself, he knocked on the door to the olds woman's house, finishing his soup as he was tugged in the door shutting, he was pulled into a seat before the old woman sat down as well

"Listen here you, where ya been the last year? They keep sending me louts to mesmorized by leaving and starting fights, or people who can bargain too well, had enough of it." she said, slamming her staff onto the floor.

"Also, unlike you to bring a girl, even more so that she nay even yar type, whats going on before I wallop ya?" the old witch said, spitting into a spitting jar, she had some about, helped make her point.

Godfrey snorted with a grin

"Maybe its cause your bargaining's getting worse, been out doing tasks and such...and no, before ya ask, I nay found that princess yet, nay ya dare snicker ya old bat." he said before being thumped again for bad manners.

"Yow! And she's a friend...got stuck in some nasty business, been trying to get her out, and aye, she nay me type, too thin, doesn't mean I can't help her ya-" he had his arm up this time, but still got thumped before the old woman started to speak again.

"Well listen up, yar old place be missing ya, and keeps pestering me about yar health, so go over and tell them ya ain't a dead bag of bones." she said poking him with her staff, he swore on Yalthnea he would break that staff someday from all the beatings it gave him.

He sighed with a nod "Aye, been meaning to go back... haven't seen me ma or pa...and pay me respects to da lord. Poor old soul he be...maybe do some tasks about thar, strong enough me thinks to handle them dire bears and a goblin or two eh?" he said before being smacked again as the old witch spoke

"What about the girl? She ain't staying with me, so ya best do something with her before I toss her on the streets for lolly gagging, ain't a charity here." she huffed, despite her words, most of her work was technically charity

His eyes went wide "Oy! I can't just ask her to come with me back home! W-what would she think! Me beliefs make me a fre-" He couldn't even finishing before she bashed him over the knee , it didn't hurt as bad as make him jump. She cackled as she spoke.

"Ya already a freak, so might as well ask and let her do as she will, nay going to change being a freak any whar but home, and don't ya dare think of changing, nay be you without...what ever goes up in that rock ya call a head. Just letting ya know she not staying here, can't handle city folk and thar fancy ways." she said again scoffing.

Godfrey went quite and stayed that way in thinking for a minute before the wise woman got up
"Now, best you be on yar way, yar time is up for staying, thanks for paying me in food, saved me a trip for a day." she looked at the food "Or the next month, now scoot, tell that Missendar whats it to leave the soaps at the door, can keep the clothing, now scoot and get a room or start heading back or something! Just get out will ya!" she said shooing him out, he reached over to grab more food which enacted a screech from the old woman who started to beat him again until he was out the door where she promptly slammed it on him, leaving him on the front stoop.

He sat there with a couple of ales, a couple of slices of ham, and a breadbowl of stew. He sighed, putting his head in his hands, damn old woman and their smarting words.

visualspice

To say bathing in the river was heavenly was an understatement. She enjoyed every single second of scrubbing off the filth of the sewers from head to toe, three times over and even letting herself sink several times deep into the river to be sure each and any crevice at all possible that needed cleaned was, before she stepped back into the reeds and let herself air dry for a time, shivering in the moonlight but enjoying the quiet calm.

After a time, she did a second pass at ringing out her hair, her wavy blonde locks much darker and heavier with curls that hung and created little rivulets down her neck and skin. When she felt dry enough, she slipped into the old robe and tied it tight to her body- it being a bit smaller on her form than the older woman's who leant it to her but...

She sighed and looked down at her sewage soaked clothes. That's when she went to work, scrubbing them out thoroughly now before ringing them dry. She had to have been gone for quite a time, but she returned in due time and knocked gently at the old woman's door.

"I... was curious if there was some place I could set up my clothes to dry."

LostSoul

Godfrey was still there on the front stoop, he perked his brows, going to speak before the knock happened.

A very angry grumble came from outside

"Branch outside, leave the soaps at the door, and already told stone for brains, ya ain't staying here, go find him unless he's still sulking on the front steps, he can handle yar clothes otherwise." A very cranky voice answered from inside.

Godfrey glared at the door before standing "I-I can help get those hung for ya, let me take them for ya, I can get us a room for the night as well, I checked while inside, they still have my towns room open and my folk haven't been here to trade so we're good to take it." he said, moving to take her wet clothes, he got so distracted that he didn't hang his either. He stopped to pick his up too, then taking her if allowed.

Most importantly was getting away and the clothes hung so he isn't beat by both parties, instead of the back of that old crones house, he went to the back of the inn, a line already set to where he went to hang the clothes, glancing to make sure Missendria was ok. Dress suited her, he eventually came back after hanging on the line to look her up and down with a grin.

"At least ya looking better! How ya feelin? Probably for a good sleep?" he asked, he still had food if she wanted it, if not, always enough to have a bit more, could make for some ok breakfast, but he would prefer to be home for that, alas, still about a day away.

visualspice

Missendria raised a brow at his compliment.
"I suppose an old woman's robe is far more alluring than a sewage soaked suit."

And at his queries, she nodded.
"A good rest and more ale in my belly would be nice. But I suppose beggers can't be choosers. And of course," She added with a smirk. "Some decent rest in a bed."

LostSoul

He laughed before responding

"Aye, the robe do be, probably from lack of smell mind you." he said with a grin, before motioning for her to follow, leading her inside the inn.

The inn was broad and rustic, tables all round and of solid wood where mostly country folk were discussing their day and future plans. The floor making solid thumps as he led her to a door then led to a series of rooms. At the end, with a big door that lead to a surprisingly large room with a couple of beds and one big bed, there was also noted a rather large selection of cured food and cheese in the room to snack on as well.

"This here is my towns room when we visit to trade." he said before moving in, putting the ales he snagged from the hag down and moving to sit on one of the beds, cotton sheets and straw, smelled like home...ish, all ready! He grinned in nostalgia, tension leaving his shoulders as he layed down on it with a relaxing sigh before sitting up, his grin broader, he even seemed happier in a way, content at surrondings he was use too

"Behold! Ale and food for ya to ya hearts content, can always run to get more if need be." he said spinning around the room,  to show off the table, the beds, how they always have access to food, even the stone statue of a very fat, curvy, woman...it looked oddly like the one in the old womans house. He seemed enthused to show every bit of the room, saying how he spent so much time here, his first step into the outside room, trading, how he was able to get the food, haggle to get the statue in, even the beds! The large one was a great feat to get, but quite comfy, haggled quite a bit to get that one in PLUS for food to always be in the room.

visualspice

As she was leading into the room,  she took her time to soak up the details.

"My, my, Farm boy.  I'm impressed. Seems your people have food connections here. What did you say it was you traded?" She asked, moving to grab herself a cup of ale.

LostSoul

He would stop as he spotted a patch of hay, it seems the good innkeep put it there special, SCORE! He took some up to get to work with a grin before sitting one of the beds and looking over, beaming happily

"Well, my village trades a lot, but my family trades generally in wheat, livestock, and hay. Over all, the village trades in cold iron weapons, armor, leather, and our biggest seller is food! We have lots generally." he said smiling before nodding as he motioned too the table.

"Aye, food is very important too my people, a successful farmer or lower nobility generally have up to 5 meals a day, it improved relations greatly when we got food put into the room for snacks after supper." he said with a grin, like he was the best haggler ever, and totally not because of that one time the lords wife came to watch and ate everything in sight...more then his people usually did anyhow, impressive woman she was...maybe thats why? His people did eat a lot.

He scratched his chin before nodding "Aye, a lot of thar ale is also ours, almost all the food products are, we produce enough food to feed the city even, our farms are our pride." he said grinning, he didn't want to spoil the surprise of telling her when she could see the magic the priestesses work in making the crops grow large and fast, or how they could get the animals larger and fatter, its what made their village so successful, they likely would of died long ago without them.

Then he frowned realized that he actually hadn't asked her yet before chuckling, putting the straw doll of a thin woman of a dress down on a table, he started to work on another with a grin

"Aye, in my town, the field stretch as far as the eye can see, the tree's thicker then houses and full of old ancient things, everything is green or the color of gold, OH! And our pumpkins! Some our the size of people!" he said proudly with a grin before waving his arms about

"Our pigs can be taller then a man and wider then doors! Nay even wolves or small bears could take our sows!" he said with a laugh as he started to ramble on more about how big his towns produce and life stock was, all of it seemed un-naturally large and tasty to his description. It seemed even the tree's and wildlife was as large too, telling of bears big as trolls and deer's antlers that could take an entire wall up.

During his telling he would put more dolls down, one of a farm boy with a hat, another woman, but more round, and another farm boy with a straw hat, slightly larger then the first one, he put them all in a row, his eyes practically shinning with a green hue with glee.

visualspice

Missendria listened to him gush, her simple smile never leaving. It was more than evident through his exuberance how much he loved and cared for his home. She drank most of her ale and nodded at his embellishments of the town and gestured to him, nodding, beer in hand.
"Impressive. "

And he went on some more. It was charming. Very child like. It was good to see that aspect of him had yet to break. She wandered over towards the dolls he made, picking up one of the females and studying it in silence. Then she sat it back down and turned away from him,  thoughtfully.

"You have.. so many good things about your home. Curious.. as to why a man would leave such a thing he loved." She peered back at him curiously, tucking some hair away that fell over her face almost shyly. Then she turned away and drank nearly the rest of her ale.