Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Promise

Started by LostSoul, May 30, 2022, 05:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostSoul

WARNING: Dark thoughts in the journal

He would keep sitting there, waiting for the statue, before his journal was taken, his eyes went wide, oh no. There was a lot in there, his desires...his lusts...his pain, his happiness...thank goodness she was drunk, maybe she'll be distracted...maybe she won't remember, but those are words, his statue is more important, someone from his village gave him that, and he could always buy another journal, he couldn't this statue.

Speaking of distraction, he turned, relaxing that she was on her stomach and not that he could see anything (he might of done something embarrassing, and he should not be taking advantage of a drunk woman...well) he stared for a moment before he grabbed a plate of food and simply nudged it closer. Meaning, he was a good guy, but not a saint and she was drunk, just going to leave some food about in hands reach...just in case.

He also took the chance to try and tack the statue back, being very gentle while she was distracted by his journal, acting like her hands were like a childs.

The journal was bound in leather, and relatively new and well carried for. If she had the sense to notice it, it was meticulously organized.

Some random pages include

"I met with house Nabork today, they lost their daughter, kidnapped. I found her dead, overdosed on drugs in a whore house. I burned the place to the ground after rescuing those trapped, I found more dead inside, including an attempts at a demon cult. The number was 23. The family grieved and I was payed...I did not deserve this money.       47 days until I visit my friend and go home

I couldn't sleep tonight, the same dream again and again, I wanted to quite and go home.

I had to kill a group of possessed children today, I was too late too save the rest, they died in my arms. I was able to stop the priest causing the issues, fell into madness...I thought about drinking my troubles away, I choose not too, I'm proud of myself

I couldn't sleep tonight, I've done such terrible things, I've failed so many times, I don't know what i'll do if I fail again...23 days until I see my friend and home

0 days until I see my friend and home, I'll ask her to join me again...but I have a feeling she'll reject me, I'll be upset at the time, but I've done much, she won't die, I'll see her again, be it in a year or sooner, you'll be ok Godfrey, you'll see her again in a year. It'll be ok

Hey bud, 32 more days, you can do this, I know its rough, I know the ogre is scary, but that family is going to be so happy, you'll be able to send this money home to your family, you'll get a little stronger to help the city girl, it'll all be worth it, just take it one step at a time

The journal seems to have much more of this in poor, but readable hand writing, including interesting drawings and maps of ruins that connect to his goddess, but the tide goes up and down with very dark thoughts and horrible deeds, to supportive messages, and the good he's done. Its very...mixed? Chaotic despite the organization. It seems he was counting down the days too as well. In fact the journal was bought that same day if she were to look at the first page.

He would allow her to read, simply sitting beside her, staying quite, it hurt to look at, some parts made him smile, but over all, it was a reminder of why he got up every day, and why couldn't nor wouldn't stop getting up everyday.

visualspice

As distracted as she was by reading the journal, she was a master of sorts, of her craft. When he would try to sneak the statue back, she cleverly moved it away, until he tried enough times that she promptly sat on it. Then sat up with a grin.
"Farm Boy, whats all this talk in here about a friend?" She showed him the page, but didn't actually show him it.
"Wait.. are you counting down to your reunion?" She went on with a giggle.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

Godfrey's eye twitched, yes he was counting down when he saw her next she was pleasant, kind, smart, he genuinely liked her, was he attracted to her? Of course, meaning, she was rail thin, but she was pretty. But he she probably didn't like him, nor his life style, and he had a princess to catch (maybe, who knows).

He grinned, suddenly going to pick her up, and sit where she was while putting her on his lap, bam, situation solved...wait, now he was sitting on his goddess, may she forgive him, and she was sitting on him! Know what? Fuck it.

One hand around her waist, the other taking a handful of meat, and going to put it into her mouth next time she spoke, he was already red and no way was she going to make fun of how much he cared about things, cause he cared a lot. He would be gentle of course, not wanting to hurt her, make her quite, yes, he was quite tired of being red. Besides, she could do with more meat, win-win situation, obviously.

The free hand would start to make small circles on her stomach. Would this help her sleep? Maybe, he knew it was relaxing, his dad did it to his mom whenever she overate or wanted to relax, so it must work a little bit, right?

He looked away while this was happening, he was quite excited, AND had a girl on his lamp, a thin one, sure, but he had a girl on his lap, woah. His brain was doing everything it could too not shut down at the moment. So much so, that he forgot to say anything at all besides coy looks and embarrassment, he didn't even notice!

visualspice

And talk back she did, or atleast she tried, before whatever food it was got stuffed into her mouth. She couldn't help but laugh and jerk away, shaking her head to avoid more.

"You can't silence me so easily, Farm boy! I know your weakness! This friend..!" She went on, holding up the journal to keep it out of his reach, atleast the best she could. She was too drunk to properly realize it was her, but buzzed enough that she enjoyed tormenting her farm boy hero.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

He would try to put more in, but it wasn't very hard, and wouldn't try very hard, he would grin

"Oh ya? What if said friend is you? What now huh skinny?" he said with a grin, now trying to win this embarrassment game
"What then eh? What if it you? Cause it is? Maybe its because I like ya, think ya great, even if ya need to grow a gut, ya would look great with one." he said, no longer carrying to watch his tongue, this was ridiculous "Maybe to ask ya to be my first wife or something...not that I was, but I was going to ask to come with me, beside the point." he said, still red in the face, jeez, like he was confessing to a crush without confessing...well she was a crush, whatever, he was going to confess, ever, not like she liked him back, and she was nicer then any princess he met regardless.

He tried to stay calm despite his attempts to playfully put food in her mouth and rub her belly, he didn't want more nonsense coming from her mouth unless he worked for it, and it was a first time touching a female stomach (SCORE!) even if it was thin...but still, very nice.

visualspice

Even drunk and giggled up as she was, Godfrey's words were a little sobering, even if it took a moment to comprehend. It was then she realized just how cozy the pair had become and she dropped her gaze, lips still plastered in her playfull little smile, as ratty curls of drying blonde hair hung about her face. Despite her hair being a veritable mess, it looked good on her, sexy. But she had to be careful how she played her cards now so to not hurt Farm boy anymore than she should.

"Lets... not be told hasty now. I think..:"she went on, slipping away from Godfrey's attentions and scooting herself closer to the edge of the bed, a leg now draped over the side as she smoothed back some hair and consciously fixed her robes to be a little more modest.
"I think we ought to slow down on our drinks, Farm boy."
Before one of them got hurt..

She avoided his gaze as she fussed over her hair, then readjusting her dress as she cleared her throat.
"Besides,am I to really believe you'd think of me so fondly after i got your ass sent to jail that you'd keep track of the days we'd meet again?"

LostSoul

His brows raised and he laughed hard, o-ho! How the tides have turned! A large grin on his face as she moved away, he retrieved the statue under his butt (may the goddess forgive that), putting it back into his pocket as he remained on the other side.

His smile remained as he looked about, not wanting to stare as she fixed her self up, an arm over the side before he glanced back, his smile fading, hasty, HASTY?! He laughed hard again before grabbing his barely sipped bottle.

"Ya the one that needs to slow down a little, going to have a killer pain in yar head come morn, I'll get ya some water, I'll be fine." he said snickering as he shook it and put it back, going to the pitcher of water (thank the inn keeper) and going to pour her a mug before looking over, his smile fading as he suddenly got serious.

"Aye, and ya didn't get me send to jail, I got me self sent thar...as I've said so many times, I'll say it again, I think fondly of ya and trust ya completely...unless ya getting stubborn about running again, then mayhaps not, but over all, aye...ya and me town were the only light keep me sane with all the horrible things I've seen." he said coming back  and handing her a mug.

"Think better about yar self, yar a great person." he said before sitting on a bed across from her, maybe if he kept saying it, she'll believe it, he lost count after the 4th time, but maybe it would sink in, he stood up to get himself a mug speaking of which.

visualspice

She continued to avoid his gaze. By Kia's name, he was too innocent. If he had any sense, he'd run the opposite direction of a girl like her.

She should hurt him, crush his heart..
But did she really want to? It might get him off her back, stop accusing her of being such a good friend...

But he was stubborn,  and seemingly stubborn more than most, atleast where his dreams were concerned.

She accepted the water and took a sip, the quiet reminding her how much her head ached.  She drank only some of the water, holding it for a time before setting it off on a table nearest the bed.

"This day has been far too long." She forced a yawn, standing as she stretched and walked away from him. "I think I need to sleep off it all." She smiled, another forced one,  well practiced.  "So which bed is mine?" She asked, finally turning to him.

LostSoul

It was quite, he didn't like it, it left him too much time to create fantasies of everything that happening. He grumbled as he wandered over to a bed, and sat down, might as well start getting ready, keep his mind focused on something that wasn't what ever is currently happening.

He glanced over as she finally spoke as he made a sweeping motion

"All the beds if ya wish, I recommend the big one though, most comfortable, I'll be sleeping in this one here." he said, patting the one he was laying down in, he went back to staring at the ceiling

"Just tell me when ya ready and I'll get the lights turned off for ya, unless ya sleep with it until it fades?" he asks sparing another glance with a lazy, sleepy grin. He kept the grin despite knowing that the night was soon to be over, and in the day, she would be gone. It hurt a little.

visualspice

He would offer her the larger one.She nodded,  but frowned as she thought it over. "I'm not sure I could sleep well with the lights on, " she admitted, although it was only half truth.

"And the lights are hurting my eyes, " She added. Then she sighed and stood. "But I can snuff them out if you're ready to call it a night."

LostSoul

He grinned and made a gesture going to stand, but she already beat him too it, he went back down to relax with a grin

"Be me guest! And may the gods watch yar dreams this night, hope ya feel better in the morning." he says, watching her until the lights went out before staring up at the ceiling, then closing his eyes, hoping sleep will claim him before she escapes or his own sorrow claims him...it did allow him to think, what would he do if he was successful? Get his own catch of land, plenty of farmland, his own castle for all his friends and family to live in...a gift to give to those he loved.

Sleep slowly claimed him with distractions of  what ifs and what could be's, all a distraction to help himself sleep, and his friend to do as she wished, may she be safe when he wakes.

visualspice

One by one the candles were capped, the room filling with the smoke of their dead light. And when the shadows took over, the sounds of the night became louder. Godfrey had fallen asleep before Missendria, but she couldn't fight it off much longer after he. The day had been too long.

But she slept fitfully, stirring well before the morning light while crickets still chirped. She sat up, raking a hand through her hair and peered around the room, confused a moment before she recalled the events of the day- and her pounding her reminded her that it would not be easy to forget, either.

She noted Godfrey was still sleeping, breathing calmly as she slipped out quietly from the bed. She hadn't much to gather, just a few things Godfrey had afforded her. She was 'dead ' after all. She supposed it was time to start over.

She peered over at Godfrey as she made her way towards the door. He might not ever forgive her but guilt would eat away at her if she stayed. He may think he saved her, but she knew better. She had to move, and as fast as she could.Her master would catch her trail eventually and it was best not to be anywhere near farm boy or his home.

She smiled sadly at his sleeping form before whispering 'Sleep well, Farm boy. " And she disappeared into the dying night.

LostSoul

His dreams were confusing. He saw the garden, the mighty grove of Yalthnea, from there he saw a mighty city, fields as far as the eye could see, a castle that towered mightily over the populace that it protected. People danced, no man nor woman starved. Grand portals leading to exotic places roared with arcane energies, transporting goods. Forges pounded with elemental fury, runes grow brightly on the weaponry of soldiers, strong as steel and tough as mountains. That he sat on a throne, surrounded by friends and family amongst a great court with fattened wives and vast amount of children.

"Grow"

A single echoing word heard before it vanished with visions of deeds, of him fighting against horrors, facing raiders, dragons, ghouls, giants, and other things as the city broke down, then built its-self up and spread, and grew, and grew and grew.

He awoke with a gasp, a cold sweat from his dream  as he sat up, hands cleaning his brow, what a terrifying vivid dream, he had none like any other. He looked about, reorienting himself to reality instead of the vastness and power that was his dream. The room, Missendria! S-she was gone. His heart sank as he looked about, another year...but how could he hear of her troubles he shou-No, she made her choice and he would respect it, another year, another chance. He cleaned his covered his eyes, steadying his heart, easier said then done, but at least it came with out shock.

After a moment he stood up, looking about for his journal, left too the side as he began to get cleaned up. After finding it and a nice bath in a basin of water (thank the fires for hot water). He would write the day, another 365 days to go, or sooner if he hears of her troubles.

He got dressed, payed his inn bill and went home. He was well received, where he told of his journey thus far, he met back with his parents, his mother growing fatter, his father stronger as the farm grew. He went to the priestess, hearing that only those blessed by Yalthnea could wield magics, and only her children. He was no woman, that was not his gift to bear. However, he did hear of her champions of ages past, tales of his heroes of his child hood, they were not myths. He heard rumors from the priestess that the ruins around may still bear their weapons, perhaps he could find power within the past? Of weapons and armor in an era long power him, an era where Yalthnea held sway amongst tribes before being beaten by warriors of iron and strange powers.

So he stayed for a day, enjoying the comfort of home, easing his sorrow, ignoring the protests that he still remained without companion on his journey, that he should stay and be with kin instead of the strange world outside. He wanted too, he so wanted too...but he was going to be a hero, and he would do it, it was a dream, something he would never allow to be crushed, even by his lonely soul and his mother's gentle nagging and heavy nudging that he should settle.

The next day he left, in search of a near by ruin, in seeking of power. The priestess told him much, but not a prophecy that she has been kept secret ever the generations of priestesses, each being told to to the young ones to carry on to the next until it was time, a prophecy given when the Children of Yalthnea and her Champions disappeared one day.

Our people fade, Yalthnea sleeps
Yet out power does not weep
Time will come when a champion will rise again
He will grow strong, dreaming of heroes long past
Her children will come that he will protect
In return, our people will grow
A vast city we will stay
Thus will mark our return
And thus Rast, son of Yalthnea will be born someday

[END THREAD]