Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Wraith [M]

Started by visualspice, June 11, 2022, 04:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She let out a yelp and a laugh as she threw her arms around his neck.
"G-Godfrey! You.. you don't have to keep carrying me!" Her face was red. What would his mother think? She didn't even try to look back towards the kitchen as she was whisked away and placed carefully onto her own bed. She smirked up at him, moving a hand as if to...

And he was gone.  Her brows shot up as she turned to lay on her side, peering over at him on his own bed. It.. seemed as of he was fidgeting , restless and she smirked as she simply just stared at him.

Silly Farm boy. She supposed it was wisest to start a relationship slowly. Her last one.. perhaps she had been too eager for love.

Unlike him, Missendria was too restless to sleep and after confirming the other was asleep, she slipped out of the bed and out of the room to get herself some fresh air. She wouldn't go far, just a brief walk through Godfrey's parents farm, keeping close enough She could see the home still in view but enjoying just being alone and in the quiet of a field. There was nothing like this in the city. And she began to lose track of time,  especially when she ended up drifting off to sleep as she sat beneath a large willow tree, a cool breeze caressing her face.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

Godfrey woke with a gasp, dreaming the same dream as before, a large vast city, his people numerous...happy. He shook it off as he sat up, covered in a film of cold sweat. He looked about, glancing over to the empty bed, city girl was gone. He slowly stood up, stretching, changing into another set of clothes before going to move down stairs. His dad was resting, whittling away at some wood. His mother in the end parts of cooking yet another massive supper...yet no sight of city girl.

He kept looking about sleepily before waving at his dad and walking towards the kitchen.

"Oy mum, ya know whar Missendria went?" he asked as his mom was quite litterally juggling dishes, ingredients...was that a knife?

His mom, doing her juggling act as she put things down looked over with a grin "Oh, she went outside pumpkin, probably needed some after that little bit o' spice ya put on her." his mother said, fanning her self with a dreamy sigh "Just like yar father." she said giggling again before looking at the oven and squeaking "Me pot roast!" she said as she got back to cooking.

Godfrey's eyes went wide, going for the door, she didn't run did she? Please say no, he exited, looking about, hands on his head as he looked about before pacing and taking a couple of deep breaths before closing his eyes, wait, he knew how to track, and it would be easy. Need to look for small, light foot prints, bigger then a childs, yet missing the heavy step of his people, not boots either. He began to prowl for tracks, eventually spotting some, making his way through the jungle of the field. Slowly and surely up a hill, out of the wheat, near a willow tree. He looked up, smiling in relief, hand over his heart before frowning. It was her choice if she did choose to run, yet he cared so much...never the less he was glad. He slowly started to make his way up, looking about with a grin, what a pleasant view. Hoping she was still sleeping he tip-toed up to sit beside her grinning, what a great place to nap. He was careful to not touch her besides smile at her sleeping face and look about. Taking great pleasure in being close, the smile turning sad, one day, he may be unable to sit with her like this, or ever again...he hoped that would never come to happen.

Missendria dreams were normal, besides for perhaps Yalthnea, or her smiling visage always in the corner of her eye, waiting, with only one mention of a gift towards the end of her dream. Just enough to push without being annoying, perhaps though, most certainly persistent and haunting in a way.

visualspice

Missendria awoke with a start,  and reacted much without thinking outside of someone's looming over me! and grabbed the man by the arm to toss him to the ground, she frantically grabbing whatever weapon she could, which so happened to be a blade upon the man, and promptly held it to his neck.

Which.. then made her realize what she had just done as she gasped and dropped the blade.
"Godfrey!?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

Godfrey would be relaxing, looking out, what an enj-

Then he was being thrown by the person he was guarding and his own knife to his throat. He blinked, moving his head to the side as the blade fell, eyes wide, it seems she walk up cautiously

"Woah, lets settle down thar." he said gently, going to get up slowly, hands up "Its just me, not going to hurt ya." he said, same gentle voice. "Its ok." he said again gently.

Must of been a hard wake up call to cause this to happen. After moving gently to his feet, he would move towards her, slowly and gently, mostly so she didn't dive for the knife or panic and hit the tree or something. That, that would not be good.

visualspice

Missendria sighed, wilting some.
"Gods.. Godfrey," She raked a hand through her hair. "You startled me. You're lucky I didn't hurt you," She went on with a frown.

LostSoul

Nods before chuckling "Aye, at least you would be the per'ttiest thing that stabbed me." which was technically true. After confirming that she wasn't going to stab him. He went over to pick his knife up, laughing some more before looking back at her, his brow going from relief to worry.

"Errr, ya alright?" he asks moving closer "If ya worried about hurting me, its ok, ya didn't hurt me." he said frowning slightly "I'm all good, nay need to worry at all." he said giving a kind smile, but he was worried for her. She seemed to blame herself a lot, what more was she blaming herself for that he didn't know about? Nor did he know how to ease those burdens...the only thing he knew how to do was be a good friend, guess he'll have to keep doing that. Poor lass. He moved closer to pat her back or give her a hug (who doesn't like a hug) if allowed.

visualspice

He might have not expected what she did next but she hit him- playfully as she laughed, "Prettiest woman to hit you, too. Godfrey.." she shook her head and sighed. "I guess I probably worried you. I didn't mean to fall asleep. I just need sometime to myself."

LostSoul

Godfrey laughed as he backed away from the hit, faking pain, though, its more like it felt light in a way. He did frown slightly, hand behind his head.

"Me bad...scared ya would run away so I came to find ya, and no! Yar fine! Everyone needs time to thar selves, I just woke up me'self." he said, wincing slightly, probably should give her some room.

"Just came ta find ya for dinner...and please tell me if I'm nay giving ya space, just worried about ya." he said before nodding with a grin.

"Glad ya slept well though, peaceful spot up 'ere, thought I would join ya for a second..." he says looking about with a peaceful look before looking back with a grin.

Well, at least he could always be honest AND worried about her.

visualspice

She smiled at him and had to shake her head. "I swear we just ate," she went on, stretching through a yawn. But she was smirking. He didn't exaggerate about their love for food.

"Perhaps we could have an evening stroll after dinner," She suggested, rising to her feet and dusting the grass and dirt from her dress.

LostSoul

Godfrey smiled back laughing "Aye, if it makes ya feel better, me mum was thinking about bumping up the meals to five per day." he says laughing harder "Nay thought was a good idea, four's a good starting point." he said before grinning with a nod.

"Sure...I know a good spot for a stroll after supper, I'll bring a pie for a snack if ya get hungry." he said  with a thumbs up, offering his hand to be taken with a grin, only half serious. If she did, which he didn't think she would, though, if she did, he would be all for it, like he would get to rub her overstuffed stomach, score. Way more likely would be to leave it as a gift to Yalthnea, he knew of a grove which still had her statue, it was pretty at night so he had no doubt that Miss city girl would like it.

Otherwise, he would lead her back, a massive feast, it seems dinner was the biggest meal. Godfrey's mother gorging herself completely before standing up with a grunt, rubbing her overstuffed stomach, her dress looking like she may pop as she got things cleaned up in a waddling fashion with the help of everyone else. Dinner consisting of breakfast, second breakfast, lunch, and then an entire other set of food, like a feast for 10 compared to 4.

After eating, he would offer to lead her back to the fields, it was about twilight, the sun just out enough to light the sky in a purplish orange, Through the fields he led her to the woods, night sounds and light bugs in full affect, true too his word, he did bring an entire pie. Deeper they went until  they came to a clearing, like a stone ring, at the end was a moss covered statue of Yalthnea and a couple of stone benches still intact. He grinned  as he showed her, it was quite open in this spot, no tree's over head.

"Now, it may not seem like much now, but join me on the bench thar, wait till the sun sets 'ere, turns into a whole new world." he says grinning as he goes to sit, the sky slowly darkening at a visible pace. He looked excited,  beckoning for her to join him, like something was about to happen.

visualspice

She followed him to dinner but didn't eat as much as the last few meals. She just wasn't as hungry and had a lot on her mind. Godfrey leading her on an after dinner walk was welcomed as she followed beside him, all smiles.

She took a seat beside him as he instructed,  tucking some blonde hair behind her ear as she asked, "What should I expect? Or is this a surprise?"

LostSoul

Godfrey grinned in answer, putting a finger to his lip "Magic." he said simply, as the sky continued to darken until there was just darkness, then the surrounding stones began to glow an aqua blue one by one, until all stones shined, revealing carving similar to the ones in the story hall, the stones also began to hum, or sing in a ways. Some stones sounding like angels, others like mountains themselves were moving, creating an odd, by meshing symphony of sound. The area in the circle no longer pitch black but lit from the moon above, but in a weird way, not in bright moon light, but in a weird bluish light, twinkles of light floated about like stars. Almost like they were in space themselves. Two blue fires started near Yalthnea, the music continuing as a wave of calm seemed to wash over the area and the outside, no other sound besides the music that faded till a background noise, it was like they were in a veil of the night sky.

Henrik kept smiling, watching Missendria with glee, whispering "Per'tty eh?" he would say, staying still as he grinned about. One, he personally thought it was cool, therefore, Missendria would hopefully find it breathtaking. The stories on the stone were different too, this place some ways older then the previous ruins they went too. It was also calming though...something he thought Missendria needed, and if asked, he would simply leave, it seemed she had a lot on her mind...he wasn't sure how to help, but hopefully this would give her a good place to think. No wild animals dared attack here, so it would be safe. He couldn't think of a better, more calming, thinking place then this anyway.

visualspice

Missendria fought the urge to roll her eyes. Magic. She supposed there could be some here in some way or another. It was a beautifully little alcove for sure, nature and time itself,  a sculptor.

But what did happen was something mesmerizing. Lights seemed to hum and glow, singing almost, not unlike what some might regard as the voice of an angel. It was soft, airy, delicate and sweet- a sound one could weep for.

She noted the glowing carvings in wonder, how they seemed to come to life against the songs. Even the air around them seemed to hum and glow, moving around the pair like a veil of night.

Missendria's eyes sparkled. She had never seen something so beautiful. And during that moment-
She was speechless.

LostSoul

Godfrey watched, more smiling at her then the area, he had been here, countless times even...including trying to get his friend to confess to a girl once (long story short, didn't work out too well). He looked about before looking at the pie, back to her then getting up slowly to put the pie in front of the Yalthnea statue, moving slowly, it would look like he was leaving after images as he moved over, putting the pie down between the fire, kneeling himself, head down in prayer. Figure he would give her time to be in amazement while he gave an offering. Normally the priestesses eat all the offerings given, they in turn growing which helps grow Yalthnea, but there was no priestess out here, yet the offerings went missing...he probably should think harder about it, but that was not the time.

His head lowered as he knelt, eyes closed, like meditating, he didn't clasp his hands, just sat there in silence.

visualspice

A few moments later, Missendria finally noticed Godfrey had moved, and his form seemed to slip through the veil of enchanting lights. Seeing him move through it,  she reached her own cupped hand out and slowly let it move through the shroud of light in wonder. She opened her hand and waved it carefully back and forth in the light as if moving through starlit waters, before she turned to regard Godfrey,  kneeling before the statue of his goddess. She smiled, simply watching and not wanting to interrupt this intimate moment of his prayer.

LostSoul

Godfrey remained for a moment before getting up and moving back, hands clasped as he looked over grinning.

"Thought ya would like it, always thought it was a per'tty place..." he said  looking about the place, there was even a shooting star going through the area, shooting before suddenly winking out.

He stayed quite for a minute before scratching at his nose.

"Um, ya told me ya wanted quite ta think...thought ya would like this area for it, always peaceful 'ere, even in morn's, its a bit noisy in town and all. Thought it might give ya peace and quite." he said after a moment, scratching the back of his head  before grinning at her with a chuckle.

"Nay as per'tty in the morn's though, but certainly quite." he said nodding.

visualspice

Missendria gave him a grin, watching as he returned beside her. She didn't say anything, and he wouldn't have had much warning other that the sparkle in her eyes before she stole a soft kiss to his cheek.

LostSoul

Godfrey kept talking, then suddenly kissed, stopping before pulling her close, hand around the waist if he succeeds, hand going to rest on her stomach (-fist pump-). Then going to put his head gently on her shoulder, just staring out.

"Your welcome." he said softly, his face blushing massively red. He was not ready for that.

visualspice

Missendria smiled and hugged him fiercely back in return.

"This place is truly magical, " She told him through the hug. "Thank you for bringing me here "

LostSoul

Godfrey would squeeze back gently, hand squeezing her middle softly.

"Aye...aye it be, glad ya like it." he says staring out

"Much per'ttier when ya share it with another..." he followed up softly, just staring out, he was happy to be here with her, in some ways, it felt even more magical....and he felt happy. He pictured the same thing, accept all of his goals free, lusca saved, a kingdom....he event felt content some what. He wanted this moment to last just a little longer...so he stayed a little longer in the silence