Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Wraith [M]

Started by visualspice, June 11, 2022, 04:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Missendria could not believe it. It had been real? And Godfrey had fought for her like some sort of champion? Missendria's vision blurred with hot tears as she hit him, not hard enough to hurt him, but she was sobbing, almost hysterical.

"What were you thinking!? Are you mad?"

She shook her head, the damn tears seeming unending.

"You shouldn't have done that! Godfrey, you idiot!" And inspite of herself,  she flung her arms around him and hugged him fierce, sobbing into his shoulder.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

Godfrey was hit, his eyes were wide, mostly from the sudden spike of pain it brought by his own wounds. He went to speak before he was hugged, his eyes bulging from the intense pain, like his arm and his chest were on fire as he was squeezed. Gasping until released as he pants from exhaustion and pain.

He takes a moment to recover before looking over at her, tired, but happy to see her better. Normally, this would be the part where he hung back, kept it to himself...but a certain friend of his wanted him to be happy, and one thing keeping him from being happy was keeping his feeling inside, no longer would he allow such sadness to fill his void.

"I thought that if I never saw ya smile...that I would be unsure if I could keep going. I like ya...like, really like ya, nay sure about love...but I would be lying if I said I didn't dream of ya." he said looking down.

"I thought that ya would die...it scared me, so I took ya here, asked the priestesses to perform the ritual." he says, things were getting fuzzy, huh, the room was also spinning imagine that

"Probably chewed out for...heresy...hey...ya betta be here when I wake up..."

he says before promptly passing out, fighting demons in inter dimensional realms of the gods was quite challenging, he was also exhausted to the point he needed sleep...he really gave it his all to get her out of that predicament.

She may notice that on his neck was a pattern, like a tattoo but skin colored, that weaved like vines, oddly similar to ones she may have spotted on Yalthnea. They weren't there before, and almost seemed to move for a moment, growing. In fact the only reason she probably saw them was because they were moving, like worms on the skin, forming patterns, like Yalthnea's clothing before stopping, and blending in perfectly in the skin...like nothing was ever there.

A priestess would come out going to kneel before the two after walking over "I'm sorry to interrupt dearie, but he needs a moment of rest, we gave him something to ease the pain, thought I would check before our after ritual meal." she says looking Godfrey over, then going to look at her "Are ya doing ok?" the priestess asks, waiting patiently with a small grin. 

visualspice

She had grown silent in her weeping,  her form pressed across his as he slept. She was so distraught that she almost didn't answer the priestess.

When she asked how she was she wasn't even sure how to answer and she shook her head.  No, she wasn't okay.This wasn't okay. He wasn't okay.

She remained seated beside Godfrey, eyes red from tears, a single hand moving to brush blonde hair from his face.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

Godfrey slept, mostly in peace, narcotics did wonders for that.

The priestess would frown, patting her on the back, standing up to go somewhere, coming back with a blanket to put around her, then going some place else, coming back with three different bowls, each with a different kind of stew, each rather large. One stew, red, one stew brown, one stew green in color. She then stood up walk away.

A second priestess came, this one in red, and compared to her apprentice peer in question, it looked like she just ate a ball, the two peers discusses before the one in red nodded, rubbing her stomach, as she walked to get something as the other left. Coming back with a curtain that she set up around the two, a thin one that was easy to see through, but also obscuring as well. As like giving privacy, like a room to recover in. The red one also came back with more food, three seperate dishes of meat. Beef, Lamb, and Chicken before bowing her head, leaving, and coming back with three separate jugs, one full of water, one full of blood red wine, the other of some sort of juice.  All the food neatly in order she bowed her head, closing the curtain and sat right outside of it, setting up sweet smelling incense, ment to calm, used for meditation.

Outside one could hear faintly the sounds of crying with someone trying to calm them down.

Godfrey would wake up later, one eye opening first then the other, groaning slightly "Did I die?" he muttered out  before slowly looking over, grinning slightly "Ya ok city girl?" he asked, he felt like crap, he did feel a little better...but was struggling to remember what happened, he remembered the fight, then saying something to Missendria...eh, he probably said something important, whatever. It was here and now, and he won...despite his injuries, he would heal, he somehow all ways did. In fact already feeling stronger then before.

If Missendria was paying attention during his rest, she would see his skin move, like vines moving over each other, giving flash backs to Yalthnea's jungle. It was very slow movements, and once it stopped moving, it couldn't even be seen. He also looked better and more awake and less drugged up now.

Godfrey frowned as he looked about, he must of been out a long time  if they had the curtain set up, his good arm slowly went up to pat Missendria to let her know he still lived with a reassuring grin. He lived, and so did she! Success indeed.

visualspice

For the first hour or so she watched him, tending to him best she could and did infact,  notice the strange markings moving beneath his flesh. But some hours into it, she has fallen asleep,  an arm draped beneath her head ti act as a pillow as she lay curled beside him.

Food and drink untouched lay at their feet, except a small cup Missendria used for a drink. At first she didn't awaken, to exhausted from the torment,  the dream. .. the whole ordeal buy her eyes eventually opened and through bleary eyes she croaked out his name.  "Godfrey?"

LostSoul

Godfrey slowly glanced about, even food, he was indeed out for a wee bit of time. He looked back as he heard his name with a grin

"Aye, that be me." he says looking over, not turning, that was still painful. He did skootch slightly to face her, very slight, but he did, including grabbing a slice of beef to eat with his good arm, he was starving, he started to eat with a grin at her. Doing his best to be in good cheer, and not moaning. Meaning, he would normally moan, but he didn't want to worry her with his whining, she looked just as spent as he did...what happened in their with her?

He knew that most watched with Yalthnea...but never a worshiper not of hers ever joined her up there. Strange thing that must be, hopefully it didn't scare her, or perhaps it was her own wounds. Yalthnea was a strange goddess, kind yet cruel, growing, yet devouring...let hope be she met one of the better sides of that.

visualspice

Her eyes threatened tears that she refused to let fall. She couldn't help but smile at his remark as she slowly sat up and eyed him as he ate.

"You're lucky you're injured or I'd hit you right now good and hard, Farm boy."

LostSoul

Godfrey kept the grin, smiling more at her smile, seems she was alright.

He laughed weakly at her remark "Ya wounds already did that me thinks, but I'll count me self lucky thin bean." he says sticking his tongue out before looking about

"How long we been here?" he asks glancing over, the priestess still tending outside the veil, her stomach less inflated, staying motionless as a statue. He then looked to the food, coldish, but still good, hometown food was always good though.

He looked back "And ya looking better! Well, ya lost weight, thats nay good, but nay lookin like the dead yar self." he said, somewhat jesting ,but also serious making a motion to her healed state.

visualspice

Missendria looked around, frowning.
"The better half of a day..maybe longer. I.. hadn't really kept count. "

Then at his words she smiled but grew quiet, seeming to withdrawal herself somewhat internally before glancing away.

"I'm surprised I'm still alive," she stated quietly, eyes averting his as she looked at the floor, blonde hair veiling her face.

LostSoul

Godfrey listens, nodding his head as he chews, growing quite as he listens before shaking his head

"Don't be, told ya I would go to hell and back for ya...say, I nay remember exactly what I said to yee before I went out...but I ment every word of it, I also never plan to let ya out of me sight, I know I said something like that, so if ya don't go with me, I'll go with you." he says  with a grin

"I never, ever, want to see ya like that again, not sure who ya owe...but I'll be sure that they nay hurt ya without losing thar face themselves." he says before nodding like it was already decided before grinning at her, going to pat her back, not wanting to just hug her, he was confident, but not THAT confident.

"Like I said, I'll be thar...no need to worry either, I'll recovery quickly and its safe here, the folk strong, guards better than yar average man. Don't fear." he says in comfort, his face grinning but looking unsure, he really hoped she was well, or not freaking out anymore. If she tried her usual I can't stay, nope, he was going with, whenever she liked it or not. He refused, he would make sure she was safe...never again. Maybe once he gets his own place he could settle down, drag her with, make her his fat princess....WOAH WOAH WOAH! Dangerous thoughts there!

He blushed with a stupid grin on his face before shaking his head, lost in semi-delusional thoughts as he thought to keep a non embarrassed face as he bashed his head for narcotic chased thoughts, muddling his control receptors.

visualspice

When Missendria finally turned to him, her expression was torn. Worry knit her brow and her eyes threatened with tears.

"Farm boy.. Gods.." she turned away from him, closing her eyes as the tears finally spilled. She shook her head. "You have no idea what you're asking. You just don't get it... And I could never live with myself if another took up the burden of my mistakes. I.. I was the fool who got myself into this mess. " she went on, smiling sadly. "I won't have it mess up the life of another." She turned to look at him, eyes never wavering.  "Please understand... my life.. the debts I owe are mine to bear. It is.. sweet of you, heroic even in..how you.. you wish to help me but please.." she went on, taking his hand, eyes pleading with his as she shed more tears. "I will not let others suffer because of my foolish choices. "

She lifted a hand to stop him, halt him from speech as she composed herself. When the crying subsided,  only then did she look at him again.

"I owe you my life." Her hands trembled as she reached one forward to cup his cheek. "But you should.  You shouldn't have.. I.."

She recalled the debt.. the promise.. the curse. Now that she lived... her debt was doubled and who knew if it would ever get paid.

She retracted her hand from him suddenly and turned from him, rising and moving with haste, brushing through the veiled curtain and into the room,  down the hall.. down to anywhere but with him.

She was crying as she ran, blinded most of the way with tears until she found a corner that she dropped into and buried her face into her hands and sobbed.

LostSoul

Godfrey's eyes go wide. By. The. Gods. How many more times is he going to have to save her to get it through her head that he absolutely does not care...you know, fuck it, if there are no fat princesses he'll just have to make them. Ha, take that world.

He was listening, his brows seriously bent, but inside he was screaming internally. He went to speak, but she held her hand, then got up and ran! WHAT THE FUCK! He got his shit kicked in just to have her run away....AGAIN?! He was totally going to make her chunky after this, he swore by Yalthnea he would. He hated chasing her, he's already been doing it for years....YEARS!

He groaned, almost crying with pain as he stood up, stumbling out of the curtain, the priestess rising going to speak as he put his good hand up "Nope, gotta find her, I was serious in that I was nay letting her out of me sight." he said, the priestess pointing with a scowl going to speak as he looked over "And aye, I'll try not to rip anything."

He then went off in the general direction, he thought he was running, but he was more limping and breathing heavily. His ribs hurt so bad and she was making him chase her. Every second felt like an hour in nails before finally hearing her cry. He slowly waddled up (same speed the entire time). Before going to sit next to her.

"Aye...I don't get it, also true that ya probably did, and nay saying I'm taking up yar burden, I'm going to help ya with it, and its nay messing with me life if I'm choosing to do this. I'm going to help ya clear yar debts...preferably by killing enough people that yar debt collector bails, or the person in question...and I'm not suffering, I love being with ya, its suffering when ya run away and when I see ya cry..." he says after a moment of catching his breath turning to hug her.

"And even if ya do run, I'll chase ya down to help ya, I'll be with ya the entire way, I already said I wouldn't let ya out of me sights, I intend to keep it, to hell and back."

He says softly and honestly, she thus far was still his only friend after all of these years, and he refused to loss her.

visualspice

She needed a moment to be alone, a moment to collect herself. But the tears were unyielding and she couldn't stop herself, so she didn't. 

By the time Godfrey found her, she was still crying. She wasn't even sure all he said, but the moment his arms went around her she broke.

His embrace felt strong, warm.. secure. She shivered into, sobbing and unable to do much else. How long had it been since she was genuinely held by someone who cared for her.  It had been too long.

Somewhere between sobs she garbled out an apology, but held him fierce nonetheless. God's knew she needed a moment like this. She has too many pent up emotions.

LostSoul

He went to speak more, but she was crying and even harder. She also pressed into him which put pressure on his wounds. Regardless he still squeezed tightly, like a deep one armed hug, which is the best he could do. And stayed there in the silence. This is the best he could do for now.

he shook his head, cooing softly "Its ok...its ok." he said, taking the full steam of it, trying not to cry from his own pain, mostly at being squeezed back...how long she must of suffered...maybe this is what Lusca fell when watching him? How long she must of suffered...how long has she suffered?

The thought angered him slightly but he held on, something to worry a bout later, he had a friend to care about.

visualspice

She appreciated that he gave her this silence,  and what words he did offer were soft.. gentle. Her arms eventually relaxed, sobs dwindling as she sighed and turned away from him.
"I'm sorry, Godfrey," She went on, wiping at her tears. Things would have been easier for him if they hadn't met.

LostSoul

Godfrey stayed there, sitting in the silence, contemplating before she spoke again, turning away, he relaxed as the pain softened before cooing softly again

"Don't be...its ok, I'm here."

He said just as gently, his hand going to rub her head gently, to pull her into him gently. Its what his mother did...Lusca did the same thing...huh, maybe she already knew?

visualspice

Despite her body tensing some as he moved to hold her, she let him. She knew better than to fight his attentions in that moment,  and the pair of them needed it, besides.  She sighed after a long moment before finally speaking, staring off listless as she spoke.

"You probably deserve to know the story behind all of this." She smiled, but it was forced. "Just.. give me time. I... it... " she struggled for the right words. "It's not easy for me to talk about."

LostSoul

Remained there, trying to be comforting, glancing over as she began to speak.

"Its ok, ya have all the time in the world. I'll be here with ya regardless...I understand." he said, and he really did, he had his own latches he wished to never speak of, he would one day, for his own happiness, for now, he would listen to another latches, or remain there at the door waiting.

He stayed still, rubbing her head...he hoped that was helping, he wasn't sure he was doing much. Normally he would have two arms to hug, not like, one arm...he felt awkward, but it did feel like it was helping? Maybe? Hopefully? His brows knitted in worry, he just hoped it helped.

visualspice

She took in a long breath before sighing. She wasn't sure where to begin or if she even could behind.  She raked a hand through her hair.
"Gods I've made a mess of things " she grimaced but cast a small smile in his direction. "Somehow.. during the worst of it... you've been there." Her brows knit with confusion and concern. "Like Somehow you knew to be there. Like.. like when you just found me. " Her voice cracked as she trailed off, pressing her lips together as she looked away.

LostSoul

Godfrey listened, staying silent, looking down in thought before looking back up

"Nay sure...me thinks ya doing the best ya can." he says after she's all done "I've tried to be thar...nay sure if some one has plans for ya, the only one that guides me is Yalthnea...perhaps she took interest? Or par'haps ya lucky, either way, I'm glad to that I did find ya, and helped ya out...I wouldn't of changed me mind nay matter how many times I went back...again and again I would." he said softly, his brow furrowing, she had a point, he was there to help her...did she have a tie in with his goddess? He would have to ask the priestesses...maybe there was more to meet the eye, and if so, what is Yalthnea planning?

His brow furrowed in thought, glancing over then back. For now, all he could do was give her space, some time, but he wouldn't leave her alone like that, not ever again. Even if she insisted, yelled, told him she hated him he would not. Out of all the things he's seen, he wouldn't let another Lusca happen, not to someone he cherished, at this point might as well be close to love.

And to whomever did it...he would find them, and do something specifically non-heroic in any sense of the word...but for now, he had someone to care for, and a mystery to solve. He looked closely at her skin as she looked away. From legends, her children tended to have tough skin, supple and soft to the touch, but could be toughened by Yalthnea's magic...nor was her mark upon her neck...nor had she had any changes in appetite or hunger...nor did she have a specific champion. His eyes went wide, checking his hand, even peeking at his bandaged arm, no mark...so she wasn't a child...maybe not yet? Maybe thats what Yalthnea is wanting, but why her? Why him, he was no champion...was he?

This raised more questions, he glanced over at Missendria, sad at her own pain, but also wondering, how deep were they in someone else's game? Or the end goal behind what may be happening?