Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Wraith [M]

Started by visualspice, June 11, 2022, 04:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Missendria thought back to what had happened in that.. dream. She felt uncomfortable at the memory, but he seemed interested in what had happened. If it truly had happened.

"If your goddess has plans for me, she has a strange sense of humor," She muttered. Then she studied Godfrey for a long moment. He.. didn't know.. did he?

"What.. are you to your goddess?" She asked, seeking his eyes, a response,  in earnest.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

Godfrey was lost in thought before glancing over then back down "From what I can tell, she's vary laid back." he said, which is true, from the teachings, she's seen as the great mother, caring of her children, wishing to see them succeed.  He scratches his head

"Meaning...she views us as her children, and wishes to see us succeed and grow..." he says before glancing over again, his head tilting

"Eh? Errr...I'm nay sure?" he says with a raised brow glancing away like in thought "Errr, men represent the battle, protectors of the garden and her champions, to fight battle to help spread growth...then ya have her champions, blessed warriors, normally tied to a child of hers, think the opposite of the champion, the female side. The champion is said to be blessed with strength, toughness, and speed that grows with his deeds, however, if the champion ever falls from what he thinks right, into the darkness, or rejects Yalthnea, the power is lost. Normally they are tied to a child, or coven of her children. Her children tend to be taller then average, hungrier, and have vast magical powers, nay only in Yalthnea's powers, but in other magics, vary powerful users of magic." he says , his free hand scratching his chin.

"Thy problem is, at least in wot I learnt, champions normally are nay without a child, and a child can not be without a champion to foster thar growth, the child represents the side of growth and fertility...the last time thar was children and champions was when Yalthnea ruled a vast portion of land, kingdom wise, a great battle was fought and Yalthnea was defeated by some opposing power, but that was a vary, vary long time ago." he said scratching his head in thought, trying to think.

"Yalthnea isn't an evil goddess, she desires growth and success of her people...I...I've been also having dreams recently." he says, face serious "Of ruling a city, a vast, powerful city, the land stretching beyond what the eyes can see, then growing, with a vary large family...maybe its connected...maybe she seeks to empower her followers once more?" he says looking over "But yar nay her follower? Perhaps she still see's ya as a child...may'haps ya have power to be a child? " he questions looking at her before tilting her head.

"Meaning...if I'm a champion, which I'm nay sure I am, such champions are hard to tell until such deeds grows thar power to such recognition...but if I am, then she'll seek children for the champion to protect...why do you ask? Did something happen with Yalthnea? I'm sure she wouldn't threaten...it is very unlike her, nor force free will...but what was she like? Besides the pristesses, ya would be the first to speak with her in quite some time."

He says his face curious, excited, but also puzzled, like he was putting pieces together.

visualspice

It..was a lot to take in. Godfrey had.. taken her to such an intimate world, one he treasured, and risked his life...
She thought back to the battle and her conversation with the goddess. Not many would have done such things for another.

And then guilt lay in her belly like a rock. She had spoken to some goddess, one not even her own.. and denied this goddess, whoms realm saved her own life...

She lowered her gaze, still digesting it all before speaking carefully, quietly..

"Your.. goddess spoke a.. a lot.  She .. spoke of you.. of the trial.. about saving me." She slowly gained the confidence as she spoke to look him in the eyes. "Your goddess made me.offers.. which I refused.." she went on, frowning. She wasn't going to lie to him but.. she felt so uncertain as she spoke. She hugged herself and went on, gaze dropping again. "I.. I refused because I did not want to be in any more debt.. in any more places outside my control and she.."

She looked up at Godfrey again, wondering if he would be upset with her for refusing so much after all he had done.

"She also was proud.." she went on,  smiling a little, even as she tried to hide it. Heck, she was proud of him too. "Proud of you and what you are. She.. mentioned a champion.. that.." she weighed her words and watched his expression carefully. "That you are her champion, Godfrey. And how you are doing right by her."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

Godfrey would be resting, still in thought before she began speaking before nodding with a sheepish grin "Aye...the three will chew me out later for that...supposed to be for champions to save children of Yalthnea..." he says chuckling before raising his brow and laughing

"Nay nay, don't feel so bad...I'm sure ya will meet again, meaning I do have her in me pocket if ya ever want to speak." he says patting his pocket with a grin before going to pat her back gently

"But nay, she's not one to take offense...though don't be surprised if she keeps offering, from what I gather from our legends, she's persistent if nothing else, but also not one for debt, three things normally in exchange for three others and let it be that...debt is not her domain." he says before looking over eyes shooting to his brow in shock

"P-proud?!" he says in almost disbelief, the goddess talked about him?! WHAT! He listened more, brows wide, his face paling, in shock, happiness, fear, a mix of emotions as he looked away, still processing.

"I...I'm her champion? Then I'm the first she's had in over...before anyone can even remember." he says  hand going to his chin.

"If...if I'm her champions...then her children will come back, what did she offer you?" he asks suddenly, a worried look. He had a feeling, and he wouldn't mind if she was, in fact, he would be over joyed...but he didn't know if she would be happy about it...if his suspicion was correct, Yalthnea would choose someone the champion already felt tied too, loved and wanted to protect...which would mean Missendria.

He watched her carefully, he felt a weight, a sudden charge. He was just a farmer seeking heroics, he did not expect to suddenly be a beacon for his people.

visualspice

Missendria studied him when the moment clicked that he was chosen. That he would be the champion he always dreamed. That he could honor his goddess.. make that difference in the world he always wanted...

The hand idly resting at her side twitched. Her. .. smile faded from her eyes as a brief flash of sadness washed through her, but she was quick to drop her gaze to hide it. She smiled, it was forced, as she laughed softly,  happy for him.. truly..

'Way to go, Farm boy. You're on your way to living your dreams. '

As the question came back to her., she froze.

"I.. I can't remember it all.. it was.. pretty chaotic." But she brushed it off with a casually practiced shrug, her face neutral when she lifted her gaze.

"But this isn't about me, Farm boy." She smiled at him now. "You.. you've been chosen to be a champion. " And her eyes were full of support and pride for him. A warmth touching them, and her smile.

'And my has he grown..'

LostSoul

Godfrey swallowed still processing it...he was champion...and it all started to click. The reason for the strange dreams, lots of women, need for adventure and heroics. Yalthnea was ready to branch out, and he had been chosen. Most champions made children their wives...but 5? Maybe that was just Yalthnea pushing him to guard that many? He wasn't sure anymore, he felt overwhelmed and shocked. Like finally seeing all the pieces come into place.

He glanced over at her, eyes widening, she didn't remember...but if she stays with him, Yalthnea will continue to offer, or would his desires slowly change her into one? What strangeness...Godfrey would tell her, she deserved to know.

He swallowed before nodding "A-aye...I have been...remember how I stated about champions being guardians to the other blessed? Her Children? I...I think she may have offered ya that...and I think she still will." he said with a grin, but watching her carefully, he really, really hoped she saw it as a positive "I-it would make sense...I'm vary attached to ya, but thought to let ya know." he said before looking straight ahead, chuckling

"Who would of thunk it...well, champion and soon to be getting me own place. Say, remember when I got ya out of the city? Them folk are giving me a plot of land, way out in the middle of no whar, thinking that's whar I'll start growing city eh? Safe for ya too, and even if they come, swat them back ya?" he says grinning at her before his eyes spark to smile at her, her own smile touching him, he loved that smile...wanted to see it everyday, never again that hell image...never again. He smiled back, glad she was here still, what would he be without his only friend? Would he still even be here?

visualspice

Missendria lifted her brows, impressed.
"They gave you land?" Her smile was small but the pride shown brilliantly in her eyes. "But I'm proud of you, Farm boy. Really.." she tucked some loose strands of hair away from her face and listened as he went on, cheeks turning pink at his reminder that he cared for her.

"You know.. now it all makes sense why you got some land," She went on smuggly, a hand to her hip. Her eyes danced. She wasn't going to just tell him. Teasing was always way more fun, besides.

LostSoul

Godfrey nodded "Aye...thinking I'm going to turn it into a big place one day, tiny place from wot I hear, but, middle of no whar...means room to grow ya know? Perfect to hide for ya, good to expand, who knows, thar is a mountain, maybe get a castle up thar?" he says with a grin, but he dosn't seem to be joking about any of it.

He raised a brow

"It does? Something about the necklace belonging to a princesses or something?" he asked, her eyes were smiling, that brought an even bigger smile...but it also left him wondering if he was missing something, he raised a brow in question. He was relieved that she didn't seem to upset that she would be harassed by some goddess to be her child, which was nice...she may even accept. He grinned at that, but still lost in confusion as his mind went back to what she could be hinting at.

visualspice

Missendria beamed, and though she tried to tuck it away, it was blossoming too largely.
She shook her head.
"A merchant princess isn't the same as a royal one, Farm boy," she jested, giving a light poke to his arm. She still smiled and looked away, looking around the place they were in without giving him the answer. No, she would take her time about it and just enjoy their simple, playful banter.

LostSoul

Blinked, merchant princess? Meaning, that still counted to him, gotta work the way up obviously but he didn't know any-

His eyes went wide, waaaaaaaaaaaait, he didn't hear that right, but she would get so chun-she wants his hand in marriage? Wait, that would be Yalthnea would pester her forever! Does that mean she-

Godfrey looked so shocked, he might as well broke down

"Uhhhhhhhhh."

He would need to get a ring, oh god, his family and the entire town wound literally wound faint, oh jeez, wait, she was totally joking...right? Wa-

At this point, he was broken down as he slowly began to turn a very, bright red. Mind racing between this being a joke, fantasy, reality, and then all three mixed together.

visualspice

Her lips fell open as she gave a breathy laugh.
"Godfrey?" It looked as if he was choking on his emotions. She repositioned herself so she was more squarely facing him as she moved to poke a finger between his eye brows. "Your head in the clouds?" Sometimes she wondered what went on inside that head of his- despite him speaking a lot of it out loud. She shook her head, still smiling.

"I just meant they gave you land because you were either a fool they wished to pawn it off on or.." she smiled, eyes dancing. "Maybe you actually deserved it." And this time she poked him on the chest. She shook her head, laughing as she rose, finally. The stone ground hurt her knees and she creaked some sitting up.

"Really, Farm boy. You are such a dreamer." And though she jested, her smile was still real as she offered down a hand to him so he too, could stand.

LostSoul

Godfrey blinked

"Uh." he got poked as he blinked some more as he shook his head. A lot happened up there, half of it was heroics, the other half perverted thoughts of woman getting fatter or already plump woman with long hair (he refused to admit at least 1/3 to a half was Missendria though).

He blushed harder "Oh yeah, well, doesn't matter, its going to be great, ya going to help too." he grinned "Give ya something to do while ya thar! As I said, nay plan to let ya out of me sight." he said grinning taking the hand before chuckling before he grinned

"Say, since ya here, wanna meet me parents? I'm sure the town's dying to meet ya." he said, trying to pretend he wasn't incredibly red, and it was true, the town would want to meet her, and best to get the shock over with, his mother would have a fit and his father would probably faint, on the other, it would a feast...maybe it would be just as treacherous for his heart with his parents AND Missendria as it was for fighting that wounded.

He winced suddenly feeling the poke AFTER it hit him in the chest, seems he was so distracted feeling was delayed. He felt the pain of going up as well, but he was smiling happily, stupidly in-fact, standing there staring at her and her own joy. He fought so hard for it, and now he saw it bloom...maybe wi-

He quickly slapped himself, jeez, brain in over drive dude, snap out of it! He chuckling goofily, apparently still day dreaming slightly.

visualspice

Missendria raised a brow at him. He had yet to take her hand. She grabbed onto his and pulled to lift him to his feet, surprised that she wasn't in much pain except for over all feeling achey and a little warm.

"I suppose I'm at your mercy, Farm boy." She smirked. "I'd love to meet your parents." And see who was responsible for such a man. It would prove interesting in the very least and .. she owed him at least that.

"But are you sure you're feeling well enough to walk?" she asked, more seriously, as she offered an arm for him to lean on. "You look like shit," she told him, brushing a stray blond hair from his face.

LostSoul

Hand was taken as he was pulled to his feet, blinking, turning even more red.

He nodded sheepishly and shyly beaming himself, it was like a dream

He nodded shakily "Y-yeah, I feel I can do anything with ya." he said, squeezing her hand gently with a chuckle "Probably cause yar in a pickle everytime I find ya." he says laughing gently, he didn't even feel pain, just fluttering. He then went to lead her, gently guiding her to the entrance. If she was paying attention. The walls of the halls had carved images, of a greater time, of vast lands and of heroic deeds, and very large woman, not just with width, but also height, that made giants, valleys and vast fields with but a wave of their hands. The champions sometimes lifting said mountains are smiting giants and dragons with but their bare hands. Even taking swords blows and coming unscathed. Soon, they were out if not stopped. Godfrey keeping an even pace as they exited into a purple sky. The sun setting.

Two individuals were outside along with a priestesses who was trying to calm them.

One was a chubby woman, with a decent sized pot belly that must still be growing, as her clothes looked rather tight. Her chest and hips were also large, curvier then Missendria. Her hair long, all the way to her butt in a platinum blonde, and was pacing, wrinkles in her eyes showed her age, but she looked youthful besides for the slight wrinkles. The man was a little taller then Godfrey, and a lot bulkier, a big beard, He was standing patiently, face grim. Hair was red, arms crossed, if he was 40 feet taller, he would look like some sort of fire giant.

Soon as Godfrey was out, the woman ran out to embrace him, Godfrey gasping

"Oh you live! My poor baby boy, asking for rituals that nay 'ave the child in them, whats wrong with you." she said after picking him off the ground with surprising strength with her hug, Godfrey still grasping as she put him down, gasping

"By the goddess! So hurt! My sweet cinnamon roll." she scoffed frowning "This girl better b-" she stopped talking gasping in horror and shock as she spotted Missendria, hands going to her cheeks

"She's so thin and starved! You poor thing! Nay wonder he wanted to help." he said, the woman running over with surprising speed to look her up and down a she looked at her features and going to pester her, like a mother hen as she began to badger on.

"So thin! Need a couple of meals in ya, ya look like just as me son described! Per'tty thing and nay a wound! So it worked, don't ya worry dear, give ya place to stay and eat till yar hearts content, you will stay a day or two won't you! Oh, my poor sons any time he's here is all he talks about is some per'tty city girl who could stand to eat more. Oh by Yalthnea, me manners! I'm Valenta, and ya must be Missendria!" she said suddenly going to hug her

Mean while the fire giant blinked, frowning at his son, then glancing at Missendria and staring, like he was shocked, he looked to his son questioningly as he recovered his breath moving his way over, muttering something to him, Godfrey looked up

"Errr, nay papa, vary diff'rent outside."

The fire giant muttered before Godfrey turned beat red "Do NAY tell her that....but aye... wouldn't mind." he says, the fire giant seeming to not crack a grin but rumble in laughter before glancing at Missendria and grunting "Talgor." he said nodding his head before his wife let go of her bear hug, surprisingly strong to smack him

"Be more polite ya big lug to ya f-this nice young lady, look how late it is, can't ya see both are probably starving, missing out on second breakfast and lunch?! Dinner is in the oven and I need to get back to it." she said in a scolding manner before suddenly giving a death glare to Godfrey.

"Now ya bring that young lady over tonight or we will have words." she said like she may kill him before smiling sweetly at Missendria before grabbing her husband and quite literally dragging him away as he salutes the two of them. The entire time either badgering him or gushing over Godfrey bringing a girl home finally.

Godfrey had his head down, beat red before coughing.

"Uh, that be me mom and Da...we should get going, me momma would beat me if I didn't bring ya..." he says, still having not let go of her hand during the ordeal, already knowing his parents were a lot, but squeezing it reassuringly, going to lead her once again, through sleepy fields and pastures, the entire town sleepy on the outskirts towards a decent sized house near a rather large farm. Said fire giant waiting outside, as the shadow of someone moving at high speeds with clattering dishes and such inside, talking dreamily about some sort of fantasy.

visualspice

The entire interaction of parents with their son was so endearing that it wasn't until his mother began to fuss over her and more or less give Godfrey's crush on her away that she had become acutely aware that she and Godfrey had been holding hands. And had been communicating a lot through squeezing. Her own cheeks were a bright pink by the end of it, her mind a little dizzy over taking it all in but a squeeze from Godfrey's hand had her gaze pulling to his.

"Your.. parents are quite lovely, " She began. She dropped her gaze and chewed over her words with a small smile. "They seem fitting though.. probably as best as I Could imagine your parents. " she went on, then lifted her gaze to study him, his face. "Are you sure you're up for anything? Shouldn't you be resting after all you've been through.?"

LostSoul

Godfrey grinned as they walked up

"They are...best one I could have..." he said, feeling awkward that his mom just stabbed open his heart at least she didn't poke his de-oh no, they're going to dinner, of course she would.

He laughed,  glancing over beaming at her as his father opened the door, as Godfrey tried, and failed since his other arm was bandaged.

"Aye, I'm with people I love after all." he say making a motion with a chuckle "Besides, this is what counts for rest around here." he followed up with, also true, his mother would not rest until she had a least a week with her.

Inside would be surprisingly open the door ways wide with couches, a second floor, areas leading to other rooms that were closed or currently open. Seems the kitchen and dining area was the largest. The table fit to bursting with food, a full pig, half a cow and what looked like 4 loaves of fresh baked bread, half a garden of cooked veggies of various kinds, two cakes and three pies. His mom would peek around with a grin

"Oh you both are here! Both look SO cute." she said, causing Godfrey to close his eyes, feeling his soul leave his body in external pain as she went to drag them both to the table, gently, but forcefully, the plates already loaded.

"Don't be scared to have fourths or even more sweetie!" she told Missendria as Godfrey's father walked in to take a seat as well, Godfrey trying to protect her from much of his mothers pestering by sitting beside her. The table looked like it could hold around twenty people, way too much food, or so it seemed. Quick prayer was said before eating began with sudden conversation. It was very fast paced, it had to do a lot about farming and pestering Godfrey and Missendria with questions.

Godfrey answered a lot of his, it seems he was busy saving a multitude of villages, giant moss dragons, and learning recipes.

As the questions went towards Missendria in rapid pace, Godfrey quickly coughed

"Err, Momma, she's nay used to this, this is probably a wee bit over whelming." he said towards his mom in an attempt to spare Missendria questions about what she does and who she is, how she's been doing, what the city is like, if she's eating enough, that her son is incredibly single and lonely and if she wanted more food despite just beginning to eat.

Godfrey quickly whispered in the break "Take it with stride, things move fast around 'ere." he said  with a wink towards her, not having a free hand to squeeze hers, his only free and with a fork. He did tap her foot with his. Thankfully, papa Godfrey was very quite, he did however to make sure all the plates were kept full, answering in grunts or nods, his wife already done with her first plate and working on the second, somehow mastering the art of eating while talking at the same time.

Godfrey kept close and watched Missendria, worried but also amused, this was embarrassing, but hopefully she felt welcomed at least, hopefully a lot warmer then the city. Occasionally, the father and mother would look at her with worry, but both seemed cheery like Godfrey. If she cared to notice, the table seemed self carved from some dark wood. The utensils also freshly blacksmithed and of steel, the knives large, like used for eating or for defending, spoons carved, the bowls and plates were twice as big as a regular plate or bowl, and had twice as much food. Carvings of Yalthnea about the room with intercate woven branches for the ceiling in the design of some grand story and battle. Like a semi rich cozy comfortable farm house.

visualspice

Missendria expected the questions and answered them all the best she could, talking about how noisy the city was, but how it was nice to be around so many different people. That it wasn't without its dangers, which of course that's how she happened to meet Godfrey- and on mutilple occasions.

She would blush when the question would revert to his parents (mother in particular) playing match maker,  and she would cleverly dodge the question to ask his parents more about them and how they met and about how Godfrey must have been a handful growing up.

The conversation and homely atmosphere had Missendria atleast eating seconds, the food left delicious after having not eaten in days. She had to politely decline thirds but saved room for double dessert. After all, clearly humans had a second stomach specifically for dessert.

LostSoul

Godfrey would remain silent, exchanging in a silent conversation with the eyes, espescially as his father went to serve thirds. As much as he wanted Missendria to follow with the tradition of eating to max capacity at night, she was not from here nor would it be kind to force it on her.

His mom however had sixths and quad desert. She went from pot belly too it looked like she ate an entire child. Before this, she was happily getting distracted with questions about Godfrey and her own relationship. Seems she was a WEE bit of a romantic, talking loveingly about how she was seduced with cheese cake and belly rubs. For Godfrey, she gushed, and gushed, and gushed. Like she was hell bet on embarrassing him with each and every tale about every single stupid thing he's done. By the end of supper, his entire child hood was told in an epic tale.

He had went for thirds and between the 4 the feast was 1/3rd of the way through. His mother somehow standing up despite being gorged and ready to pop.

"Oof, nay worries dearie, we'll get ya here soon." she said patting her self and licking her lips, like she was still thinking about food before stiffling a burp "Thar be a room up above for the two of ya, two beds, and I left a pie up thar in case ya get the midnight munchies." she says with a wink towards Godfrey, already defeated by embarrassment by his mother. His father mearly nodded, getting things cleaned up as she began to waddle around and help.

"Why don't ya two go up and rest, we'll get this cleaned up, long day ya two had, check yar quarters and all, give ya two time to chat." she said dreamily, one hand cleaning, the other hand rubbing her stuffed to the brim stomach.

Godfrey mearly nodded, face so red he may as well been glowing motioning for her to follow.

Upstairs was quite compared to down stairs, he led her to a very large bedroom, showing her a bathroom, explaining that it led to a shoot to mix with other fecal manner to create fertilizer. The bed room had two beds, and there was a pie, big as someone's chest with a heart shaped note on it, the room was engraved in carvings of glorious battles and tales, all hand crafted, after he was in, Godfrey deflated  as he sat on the bed, pulling some bandages off to move his hurt arm carefully.

"Uhhh...sorry about that, apologizes if a wee bit forceful with the food they were, its common around here for the woman to eat as much as they can at dinner." he says, not telling her why they do that, he was already thoroughly embarrassed that his mom hung him from the pole about his own feelings, including how love to see her get chunky, thanks mom...so helpful. Not including all the other stuff she spiked him with, like his whole soul laid bare.

He coughed as he made a motion "Uh yeah, here's our rooms and uh, hope ya liked dinner, momma taught me to cook...said it would help me-" and stopped himself  and simply nodded "Uh yeah..." he said with a sheepish grin, hand behind head as he stood their awkwardly. He was less afraid of how his parents thought of whomever he brought home, he was more afraid of whomever he brought home still liking him by the end of it. And that ate at him.

visualspice

Missendria followed, keeping politely quiet unless she was spoken to. She kept herself reserved, sure she could be a social butterfly, but she was tired and still mentally reeling from the wraith. Being in Godfrey's home was a much needed distraction, and the pair left to share the same room was not lost upon her, nor the heart lovingly carved in the center of the pie.

"Your parents are good people," She went on, moving towards her own bed with a sigh. A palm smoothed over the bedding.  "Makes me wonder how they ended up with such a son." She was teasing, evident by her sparkling eyes and smirk.  "But I guess they trust you enough to share a room with a girl. " she wouldn't be surprised if his parents encouraged the pair to share a bed. But two they had.

She stared over at the door.
"Am I able to bathe?" She asked. "I'm so exhausted but I'd rather not crawl into a clean bed like.. like this. "

She was sweaty and grimey from their travels and a bath just sounded heavenly.

LostSoul

Godfrey nodded "Aye, sometimes a bit zealous..." he says, totally missing that he is much the same before blushing and going to speak before nodding

"Oh, aye, go down stairs, take a left at the stairs, careful its steamy, will be a vary big bath, vary hot, towels on the side along wiz soaps and such, careful, me mamma may jump in to join ya, harass ya about being thin." he said seriously but grinning as he laid down himself, exhausted from his own journey with fighting what ever that was, sighing with a chuckle

"Me thinks ya will like the bath..." he says chuckling