Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Wraith [M]

Started by visualspice, June 11, 2022, 04:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Missendria nodded, smoothing a hand down her clothes as she moved towards the door. The clothing leant to her was a little large and hung off her form some as she turned to disappear down the hall and stairs to the bath.

The waters were in fact hot, a heavenly thing as she shed off her clothing and stepped into the bath, laying back and closing her eyes and just soaking in the water after having already scrubbed herself thoroughly down with soap.

She wasn't sure how long as was in there, having fallen asleep in the bath.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

Godfrey napped, between nervous and in bliss, what a strange place to be in, he smiled.  What bliss

Meanwhile,  Missendria may see images of the grove, the goddess, accept the gifts three, and more pestering before she may be awaken by the splash of  Godfrey's mother getting in the bath, sitting there loudly, hair up in a bun, eyes closed as she began to soak, still looking bloated from her meal as he began to clean herself, jiggling everywhere, humming happily, sometimes glancing at Missendria, it looked like she was trying to be quite, and failing, miserably, but at least she was trying.

visualspice

Missendria awoke to Godfrey's mother settling into the bath and at first Missendry was confused,  but then she realized where she was and relaxed some.

"I'm sorry. I must've fallen asleep. "

She looked around the room towards her towels but worked at rinsing her hair if any remaining soap,  first. The goddess.. was it a dream ,? That's what it all seemed like.. felt like .. Yet here she was. Somehow alive. Unless,of course,  this was some strange afterlife.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

LostSoul

Her mother kept washing, humming before looking over

"Oh, did I wake ya dearie? I'm sorry, just got done cleaning the table, thought I would go into the bath as well seeing as you entered, then get a midnight snack." she said licking her lips patting her bloated belly, sending little ripples through her self besides looking over

"So,  area ya doing ok sweetie? I know the ritual heals...but its use was for our goddesses children when wounded, so I wanted to check, nay a priestess, but a wee bit concerned that everything is fine? Ya know, a girl chat" she said giggling going to move over and sits heavily beside her before frowning

"Nay worry, we'll get ya here ya poor skinny thing." she said patting her own stomach  for emphasis, then beaming at her and humming happily at her.

visualspice

She offered the older woman a tired smile.
"I'm doing as good as I can be. Thanks to your son and your priestesses. I.. I'm not as religious as I could be.. but I'm just happy your son is always able to come home to you. "

She thought over the child remark and the goddess' offer and frowned. She was offered something in exchange...
No. She had declined and that would be that.  The goddess has many followers.. why not seek one of them?

LostSoul

The older woman grins, nodding her head

"Good! Vary good...my son told me you may not have one, know that yar always welcome here, and thats perfectly fine sweety. Even some around here don't believe, even when the priestesses give bounty to the crops, or help in healing wounds that one shouldn't survive." she says chuckling before putting a hand to her mouth.

"Oh my, nay ment to insult, each to thar own beliefs, just find it funny me self...I also heard ya are in a rotten place, feel free to stay as long as ya like, we may not look much, but this town has survived not just by farmin and good eating." she says flexing, as surprising amount of strength beneath the softness with a chuckle.

"And nay city folk here, too small for anyone to not notice, it'll be good to collect yar wits if ya need it..." she says smiling happily before chuckling "World is cruel out thar, at least we can make it safe at home, put good food in ya belly and see smiles yes?" she said grinning as she soaked before glancing.

"Ya also seem to have something on yar mind, got more eyes then me husband or spawn don't ya know!" she says giggling looking at her curiously, older womans intuition at work as she relaxed in the bath.

Meanwhile, Godfrey was practically asleep, been a long day, totally oblivious  to anything but dreams of glory and cities, so many cities.

visualspice

Missendria smiled. Godfrey was so lucky. His parents were wonderful people, exactly how stories depicted a family with a wealth of love and community. She.. hadn't been so lucky. But it wasn't like she hadn't dreamed of such a family herself.

"I appreciate the offer," She told the older woman, inclining her head. But then the woman asked her if she wanted to talk... and Instinctively she threw up her defenses and shook her head with a smile.

"I've just got a lot on my mind. Nothing rest and time might not solve. " She sighed and finished fussing over her hair, having begun to ring it out of some of the excess water. She then fetched a towel and began to bind her hair within it, before peering back at Godfrey's mother.

"You raised a good son," She told her, truthfully.  "He's making a difference wherever he goes. He's impressively still optimistic about it, too " That made her smile, blush even as she hesitated to step out from the edge of the bath. But then she was stepping from the waters and beginning to dry herself off, back towards the old woman where the healed scars from her ordeal were clearly visible.  The Wraith had done terrible things to her.

LostSoul

The older woman puffed her cheeks as her offer went rejected, but she didn't push, just pouted, watching her get out before grinning.

"Just so ya know sweetie, that boy hasn't failed at anything he set his mind too, will o' stone he has, nay will give up, even on things that seem like dreams. Have a good night Dearie." she said waving at her as she got out, eyes flicking to her back, a pained sad look on her face despite the smile, but it still remained. Giving her space as she got up, not moving as much as watching.

visualspice

Wrapping a towel around her form, she turned to the old woman and smiled.
"Thank you." Shr nodded. "You have a good night as well."

She returned to the room, too tired to realize she left her clothing behind. The day had been too long for that. So when she slipped into the room and stood over her bed in just a towel and her wet hair clinging against her form,  she sighed and peered over at Godfrey.  He was asleep. That made her smile. She watched him breath softly for a few moments before turning her back to him and slipping out of her towel, that she hung on a nearby chair and slid under the covers. Shivering, she nestled in and let the chilled blankets slowly warm her form as she drifted off to sleep.

LostSoul

Godfrey woke breathless, sweaty. He was still surprised to be a champion. He slowly sat up, the sun not even up yet. He wiped his brow, looking over, eyes wide. Missions accomplished Missendria was still there! He spent some time sitting there, thinking, shaking his head away from his more base desires...well, a little time for that, but still, a focus.

He would be setting up in a new place, get Missendria to come with, he wasn't going to leave her. He would have to figure out who was exactly after her while keeping her safe. He would probably stay here for a week or two, help him recover, give Missendria some time to relax...maybe put some pounds on her.

he nodded before slowly standing, heading for the door quietly,  before glancing at her, and smiling. Safe for now...and he would keep it that way. Then at the towel...but no clothing? He would have to give her his mom's old, old dress. It would hang big on her, but it would work until his mother eventually sewed something for her to grow into, though, he would push for more form fitting, Missendria seemed to wear more form fitting then lose anyway.

He would go down stairs, things already in action in the kitchen, his father already walking out the door to the fields, the sun not even out yet, but getting close. Being surprisingly quite themselves as they busied themselves.

Godfrey would go down, mother busy in the kitchen cooking. Turning her self to look over, cooking up a feast.

"Oh morn thar dear! Just cooking up first breakfast, thinking about going to five meals a day while yar girl is here, help put some meat on her." she said before Godfrey shook his head, moving his hurt arm, it was very sore.

"Nay nay mum, stick to four, nay used to eating much, get her used ya know? She's also been having a very rough time lately, and can she borrow one of yar old dresses, one ye out grow Mum? Needing some clothing." he says his mother raising a brow.

"Aye, I can get her something love, and wot are ya going to do? Can't go workin hurt like that." she said, putting eggs into a giant salad bowl fit to bursting with eggs, and checking the oven as Godfrey scratched his head.

"I'll rest up, try and teach Missendria girl a bit on how to survive in the wild, par'haps in using a sword, but mostly wot she wants, want to rest her up a bit, then planning to take her to that farm that I'm supposed to get...hide her away."

he says before his mother grins.

"When ya going to fatten her up and marry her?" she asks bluntly before Godfrey's eyes went wide

"MUM! Nay sure she even likes me...aye I like her, but nay even hint at a ring to her I swear, ya already poured me heart out to her, nay need to scare her off...and told ya, taking it slow..." he says face red as he turned to walk away, leaving his mom with giggle fits. he walked into the main room, getting a wood chunk, maybe he could carve her a bracer.

He sat down and got to carving, his mom cooking up a feast before setting the table and running up to get her a dress. Still in her night dress herself as she left a folded up farmers dress, one she out grew soon as Godfrey sent her money, she was getting big so quickly. She grinned, rubbing her stomach before knocking on the door gently then opening it.

"Waky waky deary! It's breakfast time!" she said, leaving said dress right in front of the door.

"Here's a dress for ya, and breakfast is down stairs, we be waiting for ya." she said  before closing it gently, the sun already rising when she went to wake her up.

Missendria however, may of had some strange dreams last night, Yalthnea seeming to haunt them, not annoyingly, but always there, mentioning gifts of three. Always appearing soon as she may forget. Nor ever interfering unless she chose to address it. In fact, it seemed to be waiting to be addressed in some ways, just waiting. Should she address it, the dream would change, suddenly being pulled somewhere else, the same grove she was in last time, Yalthnea, waiting.

visualspice

Missendria woke with a soft, protesting groan but eventually opened her eyes and grumbled her thanks to Godfrey's mother. She lay there a moment once she was left alone, thinking back to all that occurred and her dreams. But then she shook it off and rose, putting on the too large of a dress and synching it as tightly as she could so it wasn't falling off of her body. Then she made it down to breakfast and everything smelled like heaven.

LostSoul

Much like dinner, very large looking feast, much smaller then dinner, but a very large amount of food consisting of bacon, sausage, eggs, veggies, pancakes, waffles, everything that could be for  breakfast was likely to be found.

Once again, people sat around at the table, fire giant dad coming in, reporting about cows, state of wheat and such, Godfrey had a carving of something he was working on, much hustle and to do.

People ate less, Godfrey only having about the same as last time, his mom cutting her intake down by about half. Only about 3-4 plates for her, still looking glutted, but like a thanks giving feast, only looking a bit bigger, enough to tell she had plenty, in comparison to looking ready to pop. Much less questions besides for whats planned. Encouraging Missendria to have more then enough, but not in the same comparison as last night. Things then were cleaned up, everyone quickly getting back to work. Leaving Godfrey and Missendria to digest.

Godfrey would turn once they were alone with a grin.

"Well, we got some time for ourselves, and vary likely for a week or two, think of it as one of them vacations, get ya some rest." he says chuckling

"And, I'm all to yar attentions, what ever ya want to do, I'll do it with ya. At a week or two, I'm going to be moving in to our new farm area, think I'll drag ya with me, telling ya, serious that I nay plan to let ya out of me sight." he says grinning, resting in the chair, looking much better then yesterday. He grinned softly at her, like he was incredibly happy, which he was. Things seemed to be finally going ok for her, for at least a day, and he wanted to keep things happy for her as long as he could (and stuffed like a turkey). And once then, he was going to make sure to keep that happiness for her and himself for eternity if he could

visualspice

Missendria ate her fill and then some, smiling pleasantly as he spoke. She tried to stifle a yawn but apologized.

"It seems I'm still tired." She studied him, expression serious. "Aren't you? You have been through quite a lot. Are you sure you shouldn't be resting?"

LostSoul

Godfrey smiled, settling in just fine (and eating well!) it seems she was. It was good...he hadn't felt this relaxed in a while, sure, he hurt, but this was everything too him.

He blinked with a chuckle "Almost dying does that." he says going to take a drink from his glass, he was tired too, he could sleep for days, he looked over, his smile twitching. He was, he was so tired...but she probably suffered worse then he.

"Aye...aye I am, but I'm also scared." he said, his head doing a double take as he was suddenly incredibly honest

"I'm scared ya won't be thar when I wake up, and I actually find ya dead...I'm nay sure I could live with me'self, but aye, I should rest too." he said taking a deep breath and nodding before grinning again.

"With that in mind, I could show ya around town, the local ruins, they be safe mind ya, show ya the fields, what ever ya want to do, or sleep, I wouldn't mind that, heck, even show ya the story hall if ya wanted." he says sleepily, dropping his front of not being tired. He was, but he was also happy. Head resting in his hand, but still smile, looking incredibly tried. He didn't really look hurt, in fact, he was healing surprisingly quick from his injuries, even the bruising on his chest was already fading.

visualspice

Missendria smirked.
"And if I promises not to run away, would you sleep, Farm boy?" She teased. Truthfully, she wasn't sure how much energy she'd have for anything.

LostSoul

Godfrey nodded "Aye...that works, ya should join me though, 'eard napping is better with anoth'ar, and we also get second breakfast." he said excitedly, standing up and going to head up, way to tired to notice if she followed or not before falling into a bed. He wasn't sure wish, and falling asleep like a light, click, out, zzzzzz.

visualspice

Missendria had followed,  smiling as she did.
"Don't worry, Farm boy," she said,  smiling and speaking to herself. "I promised to stay. "

She walked slowly and tiredly into the room, smirking once she heard the gentle snores of Godfrey. She made her way over and sat at the edge of his bed, just watching him sleep.

Then after a time she leaned over him and gently kissed the top of his head, whispering, "Sweet dreams,, Farm boy."

Then she sat there beside him on the bed and must've fallen asleep, peaceful, tired and where she ought to be in the moment.

LostSoul

He did sleep, he slept hard, he didn't even awaken when he kissed. His brain screamed at him too, even Yalthnea who was watching holding her Godfrey and Missendria body pillows in glee was screaming at him to wake up, to no avail.

Once he did,  it was to the sounds of SECOND BREAKFAST, in his opinion, the greatest meal time in the WORLD. Like, pie, cake, baked goods, meats, Second breakfast even had chicken and waffles. He awoke with Missendria right there, eyes wide, he slowly sat up. He stared, she was so beautiful...he wanted to get to know her better, sure, he may have incredible ambitions dream of having 5 fat princess wives, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to love and make sure each and every single one was the right choice.

Was it true he liked her? Yes, but he wanted to make sure he loved her, 100% sure, he was mostly confident, and he wanted to make sure she felt the same way. One day though, one day. He grinned as he went to brush some hair out of her eyes. Going in to kiss her, maybe she wouldn't notice, hopefully.

After word, standing and going to shake her shoulder gently.

"Hey sleepy head, its time for second breakfast!" he said softly, but also so excitedly that he may as well been a little kid before making sure she was awake and poking his head out.

"We'll be down stairs in a sec Ma!" he says before turning back "Oh! Feeling much better I do! Thinkin show ya to the story halls! Great place to relax!" he says excitedly, completely invigorated by his nap and second breakfast, mostly second breakfast,  second breakfast reminded him most of home somedays.

visualspice

Missendria woke up with a start, almost forgetting where she was for a moment before she sighed and recalled it with clarity,  or as much clarity as her foggy brain would allow. She smiled at his enthused form and shook her head.

"Guess we're eating again. " she couldn't complain. The food was great and she had to make up for those days she had been starved. She rose,  adjusting her dress  so it was more modest before she followed Godfrey down to the table.  And she ate more than she thought she would too. Everything was just so delicious.

LostSoul

Godfrey also ate, it was his favorite meal. He leaned back, rubbing his stomach, glancing over, mentally cheering. YES! He couldn't imagine what a week or two week would do to her. He blushed slightly before stretching. His mother having eaten her fill again, looking more bloated then before. Patting her self, sending some jiggles as she got up with a huff.

"Hope you two are enjoying yar selves! Just going to get back to work, rem'bar lunch in the next couple of hours! Nay afraid to have snacks if ya get hungry." she said, walking off like she wasn't stuffed like a turkey. The fire giant nodded, grunting as he patted Godfrey on the shoulder then Missendria, and then leaving to work. Leaving the two there, it seems work was quite common around here.

Godfrey stretched "What ya thinking? Ready to see the halls? Me thinks ya will like it." he says chuckling grabbing a sugar covered bread ball or two, taking a bunch to put in a bag, just in case Missendria got hungry. She probably wouldn't, but she might! He stood up going to offer her a hand with a grin.

"Nay worries! The halls 'ave lots of seats and stories to share! Filled with carvings and such! Vary per'tty!" he assures her chuckling merrily, he felt like home, and he loved it.