Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No Rest for the Wicked [Visualspice] (M)

Started by Nightcrawler, July 26, 2023, 08:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightcrawler

Skippy yanked free, and this time he let her go. She got all of a few yards before collapsing into the grass. Fletcher sighed and rubbed at his forehead. Of course she was hysterical. Of course. Why would he be able to have a single straightforward conversation with this woman? He let her writhe there for a second. "Yeah, alright," he murmured. "Just get it out of your system. Fuck's sake. Okay, time's up."

He approached her, knelt, and wedged his arms underneath her. "Come on," he grunted. "You aren't going anywhere like this. Let's get you back to camp." He tried to lift her. He only succeeded in wheezing and straining. "Did you eat a cannonball?" he grumbled. "Alright. Get up. You can lean on me like before. At least help me out, here."

visualspice

Missendria only humored him- but in truth, she'd rather cry it off alone. Men were God awful creatures thar only led to pain. It would be easier to just disappear out here.

"You... you really shouldn't stay by my side," She said, after finally helping him getting her to rise.  She had to lean into him. He smelled of cigarettes and musk, sweat and blood.

She needed that. That warmth. That closeness .

And it would lead her to losing her head. 

"The men who did this .. They're not who I fear.  I.. failed and I .. once my boss gets wind of this.... " she closed her eyes. "You need to leave the city. Dissociate yourself from me before my boss makes any connection. We.... There's no way to fix this. We're.. I'm..." she choked. "Fucked."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nightcrawler

Slowly, laboriously, Fletch helped her back to the pile of ashes that marked their camp. He leaned her back against the tree where he'd yelled at her, then, head hung and rubbing his stubbled chin, he found his own spot a few steps away. He plopped down and let loose another sigh. He regarded her as he scratched at his jaw. "Yeah. See. I appreciate the whole, 'save yourself, I'm doomed' angle. Really, I do. But, fact is, if your boss is as sharp as you say, then he's already made that association. His boys followed the two of us. Hell, they beat me right next to you. I've been associating with you in broad daylight for the better part of a day. So it's a bit late for that, innit? Cat's out of the bag, now."

He scowled as he remembered one particular cat. Then he fixed his amber gaze on her sad, blotchy, tear-stained face.

"Look," he said. "I want to live. I'm going to live. You don't have to like me. I don't have to like you. But we've done well to stick together through this. And I don't think you should lay down and give up just yet. Not while there's still a snowball's chance we can make it out."

visualspice

At that, she gave a hollow, short, bark of a laugh and shook her head.

"I can't even try to fix this.. "

And now, as he reminded her, she couldn't assume all the weight. For he was likely correct to assume it was too late.

"Opus Dey.. " she paused, squirming some as she spoke. "My boss. His name is Opus Dey."

She raised her head to gage his reaction. She'd be surprised if he didn't know the man atleast by reputation.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nightcrawler

Opus Dey. It sounded awfully familiar. Where had he heard it before? It was right on the tip of his tongue.

Oh. Right. Ye'lard. It was that name he'd laughed about back at the inn. He wondered briefly if that big ox and his wife were still alive.

Probably not.

Fletch shuddered and tried to pull his jacket tighter. He needed breakfast. He needed a drink. He needed... "Right, well, that's a start," he replied as he dug through his pockets. He grumbled. He had enough tobacco for now, but if they were roughing it, he'd have to ration. Still. He needed a smoke. It would help him think, after all. He struck a match on a nearby stone and lit up.

"So." He extended his scruffy neck and blew a stream of blue-gray smoke to mingle with the mist. "You told me to get out of the city. Surely that means his territory ends somewhere, then. And what about rival gangs? Any around worth mentioning?"

visualspice

She frowned at his question. 
"I... I'm actually not even sure," She said, sighing at the realization they likely were both fucked.
"I.. it.. the only thing I could consider is asking to have my contract adjusted to compensate for this loss..."

And she didn't even know what sort of loss this had entailed. But.. well.. 

The idea was a start. And it would atleast keep Fletcher out of this mess.. or atleast that was the idea. 

She closed her eyes while she sighed and groaned. Everything was so fucked up now.

Nightcrawler

Fletcher coughed. "Contract? Surely you're not thinking of actually going back to this arsehole. Woman, why aren't you running? Just...get out of this place and start a new life in some backwater. Better yet, get on a ship and put an ocean between you and him." He took a drag, still eyeing Skippy like he couldn't quite figure her out. "Why're you so bent on giving up before the fight's even begun? I know you have more spit in you than that — I've seen it. Do you really want to die this badly? Or worse: be someone's indentured until your good years are spent?"

visualspice

She grit her teeth, straining her jaw as she just let him vent.  Then she lowered her gaze and growled, "Don't you think I've tried that? I.. this... the beatings were worse than this. And had I not..." she couldn't finished the thought. 

"I was fortunate someone found me."

Nightcrawler

Fletch looked Skippy over for a while after she'd finished. The hardened confidence fell from his expression, now replaced by quiet understanding. It was rare for him to be at such a loss for words as he was now, but...Emperor, she reminded him of someone.

"I'm sorry," he said at last, and all of the harshness had dropped from his voice. "I didn't know." He took a drag, still watching her, poring her over like she was a page in a book of secrets. He sighed and rubbed his face again. "Erm. Look. Skip — Miss...endria. Say we do this your way. How do we get you where you need to be? With your leg and all. How do we do this?"

visualspice

She avoided his gaze, eyes burning with tears. She was in no mood for this.

"Where I need to be?" She smiled bitterly as more hot tears rolled down her cheeks. "Might as well cart me off to an open grave."

She was so incredibly, royally fucked.She shook her head, not even knowing what to say.

"I.. don't even know," She muttered, defeated. She supposed She could just.. feed herself to the lion.