Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Get off my lawn! [Aeyt!]

Started by Rhindeer, August 23, 2023, 01:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

That was...better. It was a start, she guessed. Jayari stared at him as he somehow managed to make his answer boring in the most dry, clinical way possible. 

"Oookay...makes sense, I guess," she said, and seriously began to worry about how long she would be stuck here. "Alright, then, how about...okay, okay, I got one. What's the most dangerous animal you could fight hand to hand and win?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

"I honestly don't know," Cha answered. "I once wrestled a basilisk lizard after coating my skin in an unguent that prevented petrification. I was sixteen and I thought it was the greatest idea ever. My mother was less than pleased with my method but the nearly unblemished basilisk corpse sold very well." He dried his hands and returned them to the mitts before checking the soup. The smell was pleasant as he opened the lid. After a quick stir he moved the pot onto a plate on the prep table. Then he grabbed down two lacquered bowls and ladled the soup into them, handing one to Jayari along with a spoon.
        "Why don't you choose animals and I'll tell you if I think I could fight it unarmed. While we eat at the table." With that he moved out of his work space and into the front room to sit at the low table there.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

...He what now?

Jayari followed him to the table and plopped down across from him, setting her bowl down on the table and stirring it to help it cool. Now that a meal was in front of her, the savory aroma filling the room, she realized just how hungry she actually was and was secretly glad he hadn't listened to her.

"So...you gonna elaborate on the basilisk thing?" she asked. "Like...how big was this thing? How did you not get your head chomped off? Why did you decide wrestling it was a good idea?" She spooned a bit of stew into her mouth, though it was almost too hot and she had to pause to breathe and fan her mouth. 

"Also...bear. Could you take a bear? Hand to hand, no tricks?" she added, and she took another bite. "Damn, this isn't bad." 
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

"Basilisks are valuable," Cha told Jayari. The one I wrestled was young. It used its eye magic on me but with the unguent on my skin I didn't turn to stone. I jumped on its back, wrapped my arms and legs around it and squeezed its neck with all my might. It rolled a few times, and I had a few bruised ribs, but I came out okay." He added red powder to his soup and stirred before taking a large bite. "In a one on one fight with no tricks or magic, I doubt there are many people that could beat a bear without some sort of supernatural or magical ability."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"...That's kinda nuts, not gonna lie," Jayari said, and took another bite. "Maybe you'd be able to strangle a bear too, then. Just jump on its back and choke it out? I mean that can't be that big a step up from a basilisk, right?"

Another bite, and she tilted her head thoughtfully. "Think I could take out a basilisk like that? I think I could take out a basilisk like that."

Aeytrious

"If I climbed on a bears back it could reach me with its claws," Cha countered. "If I can use no tricks and no weapons then I don't think I'd fare well. Now if I could go in prepared like I was against the basilisk, I'd wear a full suit of metal armor and then I'd be able to wrestle the bear." Cha took a few bites of his food, before responding to Jayari's boast.
        "I think with the same preparation, you probably could take the young basilisk, as I had," he conceded. "As long as you have the will and the nerve."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Oh, I totally have the will and the nerve," Jayari said with a wave of her hand, secretly surprised to have gotten that much out of him. Like damn, he was actually talking and humoring her now? "So bear, no, unless with armor. Basilisk no, except with that stuff you mentioned. What about like...an elk?"

Aeytrious

"Elk are usually skittish," Cha said. "They run away from you. They can probably run faster than me, but I've never tried it." He took a couple bites and mulled it over. "Now in a fight elk antlers could be very dangerous. Getting gored would be a painful way to die, but I'm fast so I think I'd be okay. Especially if I get my hands on those antlers. Then that elk will be easy prey."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Yeah, but then they could just tear you up with their hooves. Unless you'd somehow jumped on their back?"

She scraped the bowl for the last of the broth, for she'd pretty much shoveled stew into her mouth as he spoke. "They're pretty big animals."

Aeytrious

"I guess so," Cha said. "But I figured if I had a hold on those antlers I could twist them to make the elk fall or even break its neck if I had good footing."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"I guess the hardest part would be catching up to it in the first place, eh?" Jayari said as she pushed her bowl away and wiped the corners of her mouth with her fingers. 

"Be pretty crazy to try it. Hey, speaking of, what's the craziest thing you've done? Or was it the basilisk?"