Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Get off my lawn! [Aeyt!]

Started by Rhindeer, August 23, 2023, 01:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

When Jayari climbed up out of the tunnel—yeah. Of course the first thing she saw was Cha'Druku, right there, petting her horse.

She froze there half out of the tunnel, still on hands and knees, and her face heated spectacularly. "I can explain."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

"What is there to explain," Cha asked. "You went into my home looking for me. It is good I did not set traps. I only do that if I plan on being away for a while."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Oh." Jayari blinked at him, then rose to her feet and shook some snow off her shoulders.

"You're not...? Never mind." It was a fat more chill reaction than she had expected, but no complaints there! "Yeah. You didn't answer so...anyway."

Moving on!

Stepping closer to Zala, she motioned at her saddlebags. "Feel free to check out the goods, decide what you wanna trade for. Probably easier doing it out here than hauling it all down first."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

"I'm sure it's fine," Cha said. "Bring it all and we'll decide what you'll take as payment." He lifted one of the saddlebags off the horse and started walking up the gentle slope past his tunnel entrance.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Jayari lifted the two remaining, smaller saddlebags and followed after Cha'Druku, quickly catching up.

"There's another way in?" she asked.

Aeytrious

Leading the way up the hill to a small hatch hidden in a tree stump, Cha pulled it open and grabbed a rope that was concealed within. "Not for us," he said, attaching the saddlebag to the end of the rope. "We'll lower them through this chute. And then sort it after we get inside."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Once Cha'Druku's bag was handled, Jayari passed the other two over to him so he could send them down as well.

"Interesting..." she murmured, peeking down the hole best as she could. She looked back up at him, arching an eyebrow.

"How long have you been here?"

Aeytrious

Cha attached the other two bags and began lowering them down. "I've been here about a year."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"I see," she murmured, then, "Why not in the cities like the other Adelans?"

Aeytrious

"Most Adelan's do not live in cities," Cha corrected. "And I'm not Adelan. My father had some amount of Adelan blood, we know because he could move objects with his mind, though very weakly. Not like the strength my ability to push." Cha felt the load slacken, and he hooked up the rope and closed the hidden hatch. "I came out here to feel close to my mother, and to avoid other people." He then began to walk back down the hill to the entrance of his cave.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Jayari trailed after him, pulling her coat tighter around her as the snowfall grew thicker.

"Hmm. Well, hard to feel close to anyone when you're pushing everyone away, huh?" 

Aeytrious

Had they been facing each other Jayari would have seen Cha's eyes narrow in a glare. "My mother is dead. I'm here to be in the land she told me fond stories of, not to be around people."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Can't exactly learn about her people without being around people, is all I'm saying," Jayari said. "I mean, I guess unless she was kicked out or something for getting with an Adelan."

The words left her mouth before she realized they were coming and her body went tense. "Uh, no offense to her, just saying. I have an uncle that got kicked out, too."

Aeytrious

"My mother was not kicked out," Cha explained. "My grandmother left the Duhjari to marry an Essyrni merchant. As a result my mother was born in Essyrn to a Duhjari mother and Essyrni father." When they got to the bottom of the hill, Cha did not wait, and immediately moved to enter. "My mother told me stories of the flora and fauna of the Plains. The same stories were told to my mother by my grandmother."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Wild," Jayari murmured as she entered after Cha'Druku, shaking her head. "I can't imagine leaving or even wanting to."

Not that it was her business or that she really cared, but talking was better than silence, at least. 

"So you're just gonna live here alone forever or what?" 

Aeytrious

"That was the idea," Cha confirmed. "At least for now." He then got on the ground and began the crawl down into his cave.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Jayari waited a little to give him some space before following after him, not wanting to be up his butt. "Sounds pretty lame, if I'm being honest. Like...doesn't it get lonely? What do you even do for fun? And if you get badly hurt, well, shit, guess you're just screwed?"

Aeytrious

"I don't do things for fun," Cha retorted. "The point of being alone is to avoid people. Loneliness doesn't factor in," he lied. "If I get badly injured then I made a mistake, and if I survive I will have learned a valuable lesson. Otherwise I'm dead. At that point why worry about it?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"I mean, you'd have plenty of time to worry if you die a slow and miserable death trapped somewhere because your roof caved in and you don't have anyone who'd notice you're missing," Jayari retorted with a roll of her eyes. 

"Just as an example of things that could happen to give you plenty of time to be worried about your end. I dunno, it's not my business, it just sounds super boring."

Aeytrious

"Would you feel the same if you watched all your friends and loved ones die around you on a bloody battlefield while you could do nothing?" Cha was obviously growing agitated. This girl knew nothing of his life, of his pain. "I do not wish to form more bonds to lose. I'm perfectly. Fine. Alone."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey