Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Clock Face [M]

Started by visualspice, November 07, 2023, 05:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Now he titled his head the other way, a hand moving to brush what remained of her hair from her face.

"And why would I need to worry about you falling overboard?" He asked, stroking a hand through her hair. 

He studied her face.
"Planning on escaping that way?" He asked,  light smirk upon his lips.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Goldie

She smiled contently as his fingers brushed through her hair and a small shiver traveled down her spine. It made her more at ease to know that he was still moving, still talking, despite his close call with death.

Her eyes rolled at his question and she clucked her tongue in reprimand, "No. Nothing like that. I chose to come with you, that would just be stupid. No...I just think I'm really good at giving the crew heart attacks. They've really taken to music at twilight, but they're not so keen on me walking along the railings. Seem to think I'm going to fall and it just dawned on me that their concern might stem more from worry about your reaction than my safety."
A duck walked up to a lemonade stand.....

visualspice

"Well, I can't argue that," he went on, a hand still stroking softly through her hair. "They'd likely know I'd break their necks or worse were something to happen to you."

He studied her, still wearing that subtle smile.
"You smell nice."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Goldie

She sniffed, feeling oddly annoyed at that knowledge, "Well, that makes the chaperone I've had less cute. And so you don't worry too, I won't fall. Probably. And even if I do it wouldn't be their fault."

A light sigh left her and she shifted, still feeling slightly uncomfortable under his continuous gaze.

"Is that why you keep staring at me?" She asked.

visualspice

At such a reaction he smiled, his hands having moved down to meet with hers. He wrapped a few fingers around one of her hands and continued to study her.

"Can a man not enjoy the view.. being happy he woke up.. alive?" He questioned. "And what's this you speak of crawling up and around my railings. Have I brought another cat on board?" He asked, amused.

Goldie

She squeezed his hand gently when their fingers met and then proceeded to turn his hand over to slowly trace the lines of his palms. She hadn't had time to experience the small things since they met seeing as every meeting had been wrought with peril. His hands were larger than she expected and seemed to dwarf her own. Even the color of her skin was stark in comparison and made her, for a moment, see the elven side of her lineage. At home her coloring had always been human but here....she saw clearly that she didn't fit in either culture. She was simply....different.

"I'm glad you're alive." She told him, while still staring at his palm, "Truly. I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't woken..." and she'd thought about it, too. Mostly she'd wondered how deep the crew's loyalty lay and if they were all contracted. If Opus died and there was mutiny her chances of survival were low.

And then he called her a cat and she chuckled, "Dao said the same thing." She said with mirth and a hint of fondness, "and no. I don't catch mice." She glanced up at him with a twinkle in her eyes.

visualspice

He leaned back, inviting her forward.

"No.. no mice for a cat like you," he said, a hand moving to rest at the small of her back. "No... you're a cat more fascinated with birds."

Goldie

"Birds?" She let him pull her up, still holding onto his hand, "What birds have caught my eye, then?"

She could feel the warmth of his hand on her back through the fabric of the dress he had clearly purchased for her before she even knew about this ship.

visualspice

"I feel.." he went on, his hand still smoothly, warmly moving down her back, coaxing her even closer. He studied her eyes. She had such beautiful eyes

.  "It's not a type. No.." a finger moved,  slow and purposeful,  tip toeing up the strings that kept the dress laced together. 
"You don't crave birds... but.."his hands pulled, her dress becoming loose. "But the desire to fly."

Goldie

"And you," she reached around to grab his hand where it had just loosened her dress to pull it back to the front and held it tightly in her own, "will surely die if you continue what you're attempting in your current state."

She brought his hand to her lips and kissed it lightly.

"Let's get your health sorted first, yes? What will it be? A ring, a potion, or time?"

visualspice

Opus gave her a look.

"Surely die?" He cocked his head to the side. "You see me as so weak?" He challenged, the air growing tense at the very accuasation. 

Goldie

Saoirse didn't even blink as the fire seemed to rise in him and just cocked her head to the side as if looking as a young child throwing a tantrum over a lost ball.

"Is your pride so easily wounded?" She asked, pushing his hand into his own chest, "I'll not play games with you, Opus Dey. Not this kind." She leaned forward until she was close enough to smell the bad wine still on his breath.

"Potion. Ring. Or time?"

visualspice

"And if i don't oblige?" He asked, staring her over. "Or of I told you something outlandish, such as only death or sex could cure me...?"

His smile grew along with the sparkle in his eyes.

"And if I said neither? Or none of those would work except time?"

Goldie

She couldn't help the eyeroll that followed his sorry attempt at evoking pity, or impatience,  or whatever it was he wanted her to feel.

"Opus." She said matter of factly, brushing a piece of hair behind his ear, "I am one hundred and eighteen years old. We are not considered adults until one hundred and complete the rituals to be welcomed by The Lady herself." She leaned in even closer until her lips just barely brushed against his, "If you are planning to see which one of us will break first you will lose."

Then she untangled herself from him and took a few steps back before nimbly tying her dress back into place - though it was clear she still favored her right hand.

"If time is the only way, then time will have its due. We will be on this boat for awhile yet, so it seems we'll have it."

visualspice

He frowned as he watched her slip away. Was she proud to reject him? Proud to tell him no?

No. She  was genuinely concerned for him. Perhaps he should care more about his own life- but who could blame him? To feel a real thrill when at his weakest? 

It reminded him he was mortal- not a God or demon, like many might presume- even at times himself. Here he was, most vulnerable, yet this woman sought to dictate him from self harm.

He smiled and rose, moving towards her without a word, hands moving to trace up her arms.

Goldie

She sighed visibly at his tenacity and caught one of his hands after the first pass against her now goosebump covered arms. Part of her considered pushing him away, but she found herself entwining her fingers together with his instead and kept it up against her chest and inbetween their bodies.

"Why are you smiling?" She asked in exasperation, then reached her free hand up to brush the back of her fingers against his cheek, "I'm telling you no and you're smiling. You have an entire empire tasked to say yes and yet you're smiling." And basically ignoring his own health....repeatedly.

visualspice

"Likely the same reason you're still here and haven't left over the side of my ship." The smile was still there, even dancing in his eyes.
"Maybe I want someone to tell me no.."

Goldie

She sighed again and slipped back into her particular brand of Elvish to mutter something about him being an incouragable child with no care for his own well being. But, despite the words themselves, her face and her tone reflected fondness.

"What do I need to do to convince you to take care of yourself?" She switched back to common, "Should I carry you to bed? Force soup down your throat? I could do it, you know."

visualspice

Opus raised a brow. And simply watched her.

"I fail to see the threat "

Goldie

She gave his hand a squeeze and bit her lower lip while contemplating her next move. Was she crazy enough? Would he be angry?

Did she care if he was?

A large smile slowly spread across her face and her eyes twinkled mischievously, "Yes."

And at the same time she answered she deftly swung her arms around his back and scooped him up like a princess before gently laying him down on his bed. In response to the incredible feat of strength, the silver tattoos across her shoulders pulsed with moonlight and then faded back to their usual barely-visible thin traces after he was properly deposited.

Then, For the grand finale she planted a kiss on his forehead and then trailed down to whisper in his ear.

"Do I need to get the soup?"