Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Life of the Party [M]

Started by MorningStar, December 17, 2023, 05:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MorningStar

He did, indeed, have a kerchief, a useful relic from his Noble persona ensemble. Retrieving it from his pocket, he placed it in her hand. "You can keep it," he added quickly, a sheepish grin on his face.

Turning his attention to the clutter in the closet – remnants of their earlier chaos and amorous escapades – he dropped to his knees. His hands sifted through the jumble on the floor, searching for anything resembling the items Missendria sought.

Halting on something soft and silky, he called over his shoulder, "I think this might be yours," while handing it to her. "Let's get you cleaned up, and then I will check the coast is clear. Might be easier to find your shoes with some light."

visualspice

She sighed with relief, accepting the kerchief. 
"A hero and a gentleman. "
Then she stood there, a bit awkward. 

"Why don't you see if the cost is clear and I'll..well.." she laughed. "Make myself a little less.. like I.. just had sex in a closet. "
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

MorningStar

Oh.

"Of course," he agreed readily, a slight flush of embarrassment coloring his cheeks. Lining his eyes with the crack in the closet door, he observed nothing of immediate concern. Swiftly, he slipped out of the space, closing it to afford Missendria some privacy.

Despite recently sharing an intimate encounter with a woman he had never met before, he almost felt a sense of chivalry.

Then he observed his surroundings.

Scanning the room, it seemed clear for both of them, but something else seized his attention. His eyes widened in sudden disbelief, fearing his mind might be playing tricks on him. After a few moments, it became unmistakably clear, causing is heart to sink to the deepest depths of his stomach.

Edric Eamon was gone.

visualspice

A moment later, she stepped  out of the closet. She was still smoothing down her dress, hanging back a little timidly by the closet.

"So... do I look less like I just crawled out of a sex closet or should I be worried the whole party will know?"

But she saw something about his expression...

"Do I look that bad?" She jested, but then her expression twisted. "Wait. .. is something actually wrong?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

MorningStar

Fuck! Shit! What the fuck?! How in the all hells?!

Numerous thoughts swirled through Damien's mind, predominantly negative reflections on his own carelessness, yet words eluded him. His eyes portrayed a blend of confusion and horror as he slowly gestured toward the spot where the Nobleman should have been. The blanket lay discarded, and unmistakably, there was no trace of a body..

Then he finally spoke.

"Fuck."

visualspice

"Damien?"

She made a face, slowly approaching him and where he looked.
"What's the matter? What's wrong?"

Then she froze.

"Where's.. the body...?"

MorningStar

"I don't know," he replied almost absentmindedly.

He was certain he had finished Edric off. No, he was positive. A lifeless body couldn't just resurrect and stroll away, could it? And if someone had discovered and relocated the body, they would've heard something, right? Despite what they were doing, they would have at least heard that.

As he scrutinized the space more closely, searching for any clues, he noticed it. Concealed slightly by the throw, a lone phoenix feather lingered, left behind.

His heart raced, a fiery sensation roared in his chest, his fists and jaw clenched, and his eyes narrowed. Anger surged, accompanied by an emotion he hadn't felt in a while - fear.

Edric was alive, and he now knew exactly who Damien was.

"We can't stay here," he said softly, clearing his throat as he spoke. "I have somewhere we can go, but... we can't stay here."

visualspice

She wasn't sure what to say, stunned that the body was just missing. 

"Wait.. why? Do you know who took the body? "

Kia's Name! This was a nightmare. 

MorningStar

"He's still alive."

Angry determination etched across his face, he swiftly retrieved the phoenix feather, revealing its burnt edges from recent use. "He's still alive," he repeated, his voice a mixture of urgency and frustration. He wasn't even sure if the woman knew the significance of the feather, but time didn't permit explanations.

"We have to go," he pleaded. "Tonight, I'll take you to my place. Being seen with me puts you in danger here. Please."

His voice carried an urgent plea as he stepped toward the door, glancing back at her, hand extended. "Follow my lead."

visualspice

She opened her mouth to protest, but what would she say? As usual, she was in over her head. Why couldn't she find a nice man to settle down with outside of this gods forsaken country?

Between her boss, ex-lover, and now current murder spree lover...

Part of her began to wonder if she was cursed.. or just plain stupid.

But despite all that was going on...
Dare she forget her true goal?

"I.. I shouldn't come with you..." She began, not sure how to word it but.. "I.. have to meet someone after the party. I... er.. am kind of on the clock?"

That even sounded lame to her.

MorningStar

If Damien could have concealed the hurt in his eyes, he would have, but even he had moments of vulnerability, unable to mask his true feelings. Yet, that glimpse of emotion only lingered momentarily before his face hardened into a stoic expression. He nodded reluctantly, releasing a heavy breath.

"I understand," he said softly.

In truth, he didn't understand, or perhaps he didn't want to. Being "on the clock" implied his initial suspicions about her involvement were somewhat accurate – he was the reason she was here, or someone was. Regardless, he had subjected her to enough that night and had no intention of pushing further.

The mention of the name in his book also resurfaced in his mind – Missendria. When he learned her name, he was physically inside of her, making questioning her absurd at the time. But why her? What had she done to warrant a lead on someone like that? He wished he could erase the name from the book and pretend it never existed, but he knew that wasn't an option. Perhaps now, he would have the time needed to process it.

First things first, he had to leave.

"I need to go," he finally said, taking her hand in his and kissing the top of her knuckles. "It's been fun, Missendria."

Stepping away from her, he began calculating plans to exit safely while devising a diversion for her if needed.

visualspice

That look.
It cut her like a knife in the gut. Perhaps she chosen her words poorly. But she had to protect herself. Wouldn't this all just lead to the same heart ache in the end?

When he kissed her hand she looked away. Why was he being so sweet to her? Sure they just had some really good sex but...

"Wait..."

What was she doing?

"Before you go.."

This was a mistake. 

"I need to tell you something. "

She hesitated.  What was she doing? They didn't have time for this...

"Someone very powerful wants to know more about you. What you're doing... it's drawing more unwanted attention than you know "

MorningStar

His face betrayed him once more, this time registering surprise. While Damien had always anticipated someone catching onto him eventually, it was still unexpected – especially from her.

Swallowing the numerous questions he had for her, he simply nodded, offering a small smile. "Thanks for the warning," he said softly.

Before she could respond, he approached her once more, taking both of her hands in his and giving them a gentle squeeze. "You don't have to worry about me. I knew what I was getting into," he assured her. "Just... get out of here, and be safe about it. Can you do that for me?"

visualspice

They were apparently both terrible poker players.

She squeezed his hand back.

"You don't understand... who I work for..."

Was she stupid enough to give that away?

She sighed, words lost as she looked into his eyes.

"What should I tell him?" She asked quietly, keeping his gaze. "The man I work for is dangerous, Damien. And he sent me here to bring back Intel on you.. well.. actually Lord Theodore and I.."

She grit her teeth.

"If I expose what I know.. "

MorningStar

Unfortunately, time didn't permit this conversation. His gaze lingered on her for a moment, softened by her evident concern.

"Come with me, and you can tell me all about it," he proposed, extending his hand to her one last time. "Or cut me loose and tell him what you need to ensure your safety. I can't wait a moment longer."

visualspice

"I..." she visibly paled, remembering what happened the last time she failed her boss. "I.. I would need to meet with my associate in a few hours.. I.."

She wasn't sure following him would be wise. It made things far more complicated than they already were. But a part of her wanted to go. Wanted to just ignore those dark obligations and just live.

But there was so much at stake. And she wasn't sure she would get a third chance to fail. 

"I just can't.. I-"

And then there were footsteps down the hall.
Damn the party- couldn't anyone stay down in the ballroom?

Then she had a stupid plan and shot Damien an apologetic look.
Then she disappeared out into the hall, closing the door behind her. And he'd hear her playfully address the guests in the hall.

Damien, you'd better get out of there.

things were better this way. She hardly knew him.  It was just a brief encounter. 

But he was her mark.

What was she to tell her boss?

"What were you doing in that room?" One of the men asked her. 

"Yes.. isn't that where the murder had happened?"

Shit. She didn't think this part through. So she laughed about it as if it were the silliest idea as she tried to think of a way to talk herself out of this conversation. 

MorningStar

Well, apparently he did have to wait a moment longer.

Come on, Missy. He cursed her name under his breath, despite the blame for the situation really falling on him. He needed to think something, anything, to get the attention off of her.

He also needed to get the hells out of there.

Well, two birds with one stone, he guessed.

Damien swiftly removed the intricate layers of his noble garb, revealing a more practical and stealthy ensemble beneath. The muted hues of dark fabric replaced the vibrant colors of his ornate clothing. Each piece shed was a step away from his aristocratic identity, and in the dim light, he emerged as a different man – one ready to create a distraction.

The final touch was the mask, concealing everything below his eyes, leaving only his piercing gaze exposed.

"Time for a diversion," he declared in his natural voice, devoid of the refined accent of an upright nobleman.

With a swift kick, he sent the door flying open, the echoing sound reverberating through the hallway and drawing the attention of several onlookers.

"You," he snapped, addressing Missendria. "You're next."

It was quite the theatrical performance, sure, but it was the best he could come up with on short notice.

As expected, before he could "attack" the woman, several guards and brave patrons inserted themselves between the two, prompting Damien to promptly turn on his heel and make his escape.

visualspice

Missendria nearly jumped clean from her skin when the door was kicked open. Then her heart lurched into her chest at the threat. It wasn't until the men went after the masked man that she began to realize who it was. 

"Damien?"

What  the hell was he doing!?

MorningStar

Seems like that did the trick.

Winding his way through the crowd, some unfortunate individuals finding themselves sprawled on the ground in his wake, Damien reached the ground floor and slipped through the exit. In the yard, cloaked by the night's darkness, he glanced over his shoulder, spotting several pursuers. Guards, most likely. He could only hope this diversion provided Missendria with an escape route.

As he pondered his next move, he knew returning to Theodore's estate was out of the question. With Edric resurrected, it would not take long for him to piece together the puzzle and track him down there. Yet, his concern for the people within his estate, particularly his trusted "staff" who were more friends than subordinates, weighed on him. They could now become targets.

Gods dammit, he cursed silently. What a mess he had created.

Taking refuge behind a tree in a wooded area, Damien kept a vigilant eye out for his pursuers, contemplating the unpredictable path he now had to navigate.

visualspice

"You smell like sex."

"Yeah, well, you look like a giant toe, so I guess we can't all be perfect. "

The hairy man gave her a sharp look, unamused by her quick reply. Thaedys was some half human beast of a man whose looks were unfortunate.

"You're early."

"Yes, yes, I am. And to think, I even had time to do my hair "

Missendria had since dressed down, ditching the fancy dress for something a back town whore would wear.

Thaedys eyed her. They were both lounging by the back of the Mud House- a small hut like hovel known for its terrible beer, dirty women but cheap prices.

"I suppose you have the information?"

Missendria gave him a soured smile.

"Look at you, Thaedys. Never missing a beat."

He just narrowed his eyes at her.

"Aside from him fucking with women at parties, what you got?"

Missendria's smile curdled.

"What if I told you he's good at fucking women at parties?"

Thaedys was unimpressed.

"I can release his dick size too, if you really wanna know-"

She yelped as a second later, her hand was slammed into the table- a large, wicked, dirty knife poking her wrist.

"I'm not here to play around," he growled, exposing rows if sharp, yellow teeth. "You know what the boss is after."

Her heart was pounding in her throat, even after the knife was put away.

"You were saying? " His eyes narrowed dangerously upon her. "What do you know about your mark?"