Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Past, Present, Future [Vyra!]

Started by DaGlobster, December 10, 2014, 12:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaGlobster

"I suppose we will, but before you go," Kruz'Iik started, taking her by the hand with both of his.

"Although this is likely the last time you'll see me in this form, just know that you and I are linked now, an unbreakable mental bond that transcends space. Just know that you have my interest. If you ever need me, or if you're feeling cold, just call out with your mind, and I'll be there."

When he finished saying this, one of his facial tentacles deposited a small, suckered kiss on the back of her hand.

"Perhaps you will see my other forms, hmm?"

Vyraena

"Anything is possible, right?" She said with a smile. She felt a weird mix of joy and sorrow at the thought of leaving the Mindshifter. On the one hand, she was happy to be going back to the city. On the other, this being was an endless source of knowledge, and meeting a being like that was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Also, he was extremely talented at... well...

She blushed a little as she thought about it. She knew he could read her thoughts, and didn't want that to seem like an invitation for it to happen again.

"I'll keep that all in mind. After all, you know me as well as I know myself I should suppose, now that you have my memories."

DaGlobster

Kruz'Iik's eyes slightly narrowed, and the impression of a smile returned. Even if he didn't have his eyes in her head, the blush told him everything he needed to know. "Anything is possible." he said, as a sudden warmth briefly flashed through Vyraena's body before disappearing.  Kruz'Iik let go of her hand, and started to step backwards. His body started to dematerialize from the feet up.

"Remember. You but need to will it, and I'll be there."

As Kruz'Iik disappeared, Vyraena would suddenly realize that without him nearby, it grew cold, and the place even dimmed slightly. That feeling she had when she first entered was now gone, and it felt strange, as if she had that feeling her entire life and it was only now taken from her.

(Hopefully, this is the beginning of a great character relationship. I can see many more threads in their future.)

Vyraena

As the light in the room dimmed and Kruz'Iik disappeared, Vyraena turned to the door and walked out into the open. The night air felt cold and refreshing. She stared up at the stars and the moon, and thought about the events that happened in the ruins... and smiled. Goodbye. She thought, wondering if he was still listening at that point. I'm sure our paths will cross again.

She conjured up the three orbs of light that she used to light the way whenever she was in a dark area, and they took their spots above her shoulders and in front of her forehead. She began walking back towards the town she was staying at. She would need to get a good night's rest. The next few days would be spent traveling to Arca, where she would pick up her next contract. She had spent enough time away from work, the ruins being her final stop on an adventure that had lasted a few weeks.

She picked up her pace, wanting to get to the inn before it got too late. She looked back over her shoulder once to see the ruins fading in the distance, and once again a smile was brought to her face. Regardless of what would happen next, she was satisfied with what had already happened that day.

(I can as well. I look forward to working with you again!)