Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Swordsong [Alex!!]

Started by Zane, January 19, 2013, 10:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

"this path continues to go straight, once the moon sets, stay on the path. I'm counting on the fact that once the moon sets they won't be able to see. Remember when I said a handicap can become an advantage? Well my handicap was my sight, but it is now it is my advantage if you can understand that."  The moon set and they were plunged into darkness, Baldur stopped walking, not that anyone would notice, least of all the stalkers. After a moment's wait he took off, stealthily stalking the stalkers.

A few moments later and there was a loud, resounding impact followed by another then a third.
"No. no no nononononono! Stop! STOP! GET AWAY FROM MEEEEEEEE-" the fourth and final impact cut off the brigands screams from the night.

Baldur made his way back to Tass, placing his hands on her shoulders and pressing her forward silently. "There are others nearby." he whispered, steering her forward on the path, "Stay quite and for god's sake don't trip."

alex_xr

Tass was impressed, while not being able to see a thing is new, He was able to use  his weakness as an advantage, where we were all blind, he was able to see.  " Impressive"  She stayed close to him, and kept walking forward taking care not to trip,  She didn't want to have to explain that to him. 

Tass then cursed a bit as she almost tripped on a root.  " what can you see?  " She was curious.. what was the limit of his apparent sight.

Zane

"Anything that is close enough to matter." Baldur pulled her to a stop as a group of Brigands crossed the path in front of them, Pushing he forward once they were gone. "I have what's call Omnipathism, it can only be achieved via blindness, basically it's a perfect sight, I can see anything within thirty feet." He kept pushing her forward, they were losing the brigands, at least it seemed that way.

alex_xr

" When you say see, what do you mean, do you see as I do? or just know their there.. or something else?"  she said glad he was there to guide her. This would be a different fight had he not been there, she might even be dead.  She hoped they could get out of here soon.  Tass had no desire to keep being chased, but the fact remained they could be forced to run the whole three days.

Zane

"To put it more accurately, I am omniscient of what happens within a thirty foot radius. We are almost out of this forest, I doubt that they will follow us farther then it's border." Baldur lead her out of the forest and into a more rocky terrain, he then guided them to a rather large boulder and ducked down behind it. "We should be safe here."

alex_xr

Tass was so glad to be in a safe spot, though she was unsure what they would do here, rest? for the night? a while?  She sort of stood there not sure what he wanted to do, if he rested she would, as an elf's reverie left them able to be aware of their surrondings.  " So you know whats going on, and where people are in a thirty foot radius.  " She was impressed and realized she still clung to her bow.   

Zane

"We should rest here, the next two days should be fairly uneventful." And they were. After that night they didn't see another Brigand and they spent most of their time walking on high ledges next to cliffs with a sheer drop, falling would mean death. The entire time they were atop the mountains Baldur ran his hand along the wall of the mountain, until finally, they came to a crevice in the rock.

"And this would be why the Guildfist castle is near impossible to find. This crevice is the opening to the path to it." He took Animos off his back and slid into the breach in the rock, "take off your bow before you enter here, or it will most surely break." and with that he was gone into dark void of the opening.

alex_xr

Tass judged the man mad, but took off her bow and followed him,  She had spent the last two days studying the man, and following him. He was interesting to say the least.  Tass had a mind to wonder if she was insane for going to this place as they headed up the mountain.  Well she would learn soon, and  here she was going through a tight crevice wondering what she had gotten herself into. 

Zane

After a few moments squeeze, them found themselves in a room lit with glowing crystals. On the other side of the room was a hole in the wall, large enough for someone to stick their arm in. "To continue on this path, you have to reach you hand in there and pull one of the two latches, one opens the way, to other drops a heavy weight on your hand, crushing it if not severing it off completely. The obstacle was designed to help you make tough choices and teach fearlessness." That of course was not the case, both latches opened the way forward, this obstacle was actually about resolve.

alex_xr

Tass, put her bow back on her back and approached the hole. " hmm crush my hand huh...  I came this far" She put her arm in and felt the two latches.  She held her breath and pulled the latch.  She  winched expecting a weight to crush her hand.. but it didn't come.  She let go of her breath and looked at Baldur. " I can't believe my luck..." She thanked the gods, and then   waited for Baldur to motion them into the next room, it seemed that this was all a giant test.  Oh joy she thought.

Zane

Baldur led them into the next room, there was a chasm that went down so far the bottom could not be seem, and flowing into the chasm was a grand and powerful waterfall. "The obstacle is a test of mind and body, seven feet out and four feet down is a cave behind the waterfall, you miss that cave, you're done." He took two steps back then ran up to the ledge, planting both feet on the very edge before shooting off into the waterfall.

alex_xr

Tass shook her head and looked at the waterfall. " Well now or never"  Tass, backed up and ran and got a good jump,  and most likely crashing into whatever might be past the water fall as her body seemed to keep running a few feet as she landed in the cave entrance. " No wonder no one tries to besiege you."  She couldn't wait to find out what the next task was. She was sure it was most likely just as crazy.

Zane

"This isn't the only path in, it's just the most obvious, ergo why we set up the obstacles here." They walked onward through the tunnel, coming to another large room with a torch of white flame inn the middle and unlit torches to the side. Baldur picked up one of the unlit torches and passed it over the white flame. "This is Vita Flamma, the life flame." He produced a knife and slit his finger, allowing a drop to fall into the flame on his torch, the flame turned to a radiant royal blue. He then wiped the blade off and passed it to her. "You should do the same."

alex_xr

Tass shrugged and  took a unlit torch lighting it quickly.  "hmm.."  She cut her finger and dropped it on the flame which turned  the same radient blue as Baldurs  She wiped the blade off on her armor, and looked at him wondering what it was suppose to mean. So the flame changed color... It didn't tell her much.

Zane

Her flame turning the same color as his was, unexpected to say the least. "The Vita Flamma is a representation of life. Your flame represents your life, and won't go out unless you die. Usually, the color of the flame is unique to each person, tis very uncommon for two people to share the same color. Anyway, Once we get to the castle, you will go to the hall of flames and set you your torch. That is the first step to being a Guildfist. Come on, we're almost to the castle." He lead them out of the room and into the open air. They were overlooking the castle and what a sight it was, the high walls of the mountain surrounded the castle making a wide basin by which it stood. the entire castle was carved our of the mountain by the dwarves then an entire city carve beneath it. "Welcome the Guildfist Castle Tass." then he started down the trail to the gate.

alex_xr

Tass. smiled and beheld the sights in wonder. it was beautiful and she couldn't.believe it. she followed him carrying her torch and wondering if anything was meant by having the same color torch. it was odd for sure bit surely it didn't mean anything

Zane

As the two the two of them approached the gates a voice called our the them, "Halt! Who goes there?"

Baldur raised his torch. "A Brother in Arms and a newcomer."
The owner of the voice came down from the gate. "M'lord I deeply apologize." He turned to face the gate. "Raise the Gate! All Hail the return of Prince Baldur!" A loud horn was sounded followed by another and another. Soon horns could be heard all throughout the basin. The guard then turn to Tass. "you miss, why do you bear the flame of our eldest prince?"
Baldur placed a hand on the man's shoulder. "Peace be with ye, that is her own flame." The guard looked stunned. "Now tell me, what news do you have of the other princes and how is my mother?"
The guard looked very sullen all of a sudden. "The flames of Prince Izen, Prince Hod, and Prince Axenel have all gone out. And Queen Radia has grown ill, her flame weakens M'lord." The other princes have died and the queen has grown sick, it seems that Baldur returned in the nick of time.
"Take us to her."
"Yes M'lord." the guard began to lead the way to the Queen's quarters.

alex_xr

Tass didn't know what to think... Why did she bear the flame of their.... wait prince, He was a prince and she had the same color as him? What did that mean, her mind was filled with such questions.  Then she heard about his family... How aweful to know your family was in such dire straights, Her heart went out to the man she hadn't known for long but Tass knew he was a brave and wise one.

She only wished she could not disappoint him, as something about him, made it so you wanted to try you best. She didn't know what it was.  Tass, hoped that queen was ok, and followed unsure of what else to do.  "These flames are that special? " She managed to squeak out as she followed the guard feeling as if they were all staring at her and her blue torch.

Zane

"The flames are the basis for everything in Guildfist Custom. remember how I said our attacking force marvels that of Cleara Verdad? Well that is just for those that have train here and can fight in our name, in all actuality a few thousand people live here, either in the lower sections of he castle or in the ever expanding city beneath the castle. While cities in other nations build out, we build down. But anyway, every person that lives here. Each has a flame, most people keep them in their homes, but none of them have a color that matches another. Mine is a royal blue, there have been some that are white with a black source, or vise versa. Not even parent and child will have the same color. But when it does happen, people say their fates are intertwined. It's also a symbol that references the first king and queen of this castle, their colors were the same, it has only happened twice since, one with two commoners that lived in the city, and my mother and father. People with either be shocked and respect you, perhaps push you to try harder, or they will not believe you, especially since your flame is the same color as mine." Baldur explained.

As they walked, people followed with their eyes in a stunned silence, to think that some newcomer has the same flame as the prince, it was nigh unbelievable for some.

alex_xr

Tass took it in, fate intertwined?  Did that mean she was suppose to marry him or something because.. She didn't think of the man before her like that... She  put that to rest know it just meant they would fight together and maybe Baldur would train her, she thought, he seemed nice perhaps he would.

Tass didn't know what she would do if left to her own devices in this place. She felt the eyes, and tried to hold her head up like she didn't care.  She was just an elf here to learn how to fight like Baldur. She forced a smile and kept up with him and the guard.  " I am sorry for your losses, It must be hard to learn the fate of your family. "

Tass took a deep breath and took another step. She just had to keep up and not let the stares get to her. Not think about what the color might mean. She regretted ever coming here, it was too much, she was just a simple elf who wanted to better herself.