Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Trouble Rides Again (Open)

Started by wolfie, January 20, 2013, 08:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Lerrok, though a experienced hunter he may be, would find the trail going cold not after long as Tah-leen sat high, perched up in a tree. She smiled, eyes dancing merrily as she playfully kicked her legs. This was rather fun. She liked being chased and the man was just below her, and she had a well enough glimpse of his face as she let out a laugh.

"Those mud rings around your eyes are very silly," she said, still laughing as she leaned against the branches casually, seeming not to be too afraid how precarious her position was, or how high up she might be.  "And I like the moon and star of mud on your cheek." she said, pawing her own hands against her cheeks before she laughed again. She knew she could laugh at him, after all, the human could probably not climb up in the tree fast enough to get her-
though she wasn't considering if he had some sort of device to shoot- be it a gun or bow and arrow, either way, she knew she was quick, and sometimes, Tah-leen could be a bit too confident and curious for her own good.

But really, the mud all over his face was quite hilarious as she pointed at him and laughed and laughed.
"Silly human man makes great entertainment. Maybe I can have the brownie paint something pretty on my cheeks!" She said, her eyes going towards the grasses in search of Findra.  When she spotted her, she waved. "Hi, Findra!"
And she repeated her name excitedly again. "Findra! Findra! Findra!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

TheHighwayman

Lerrok smiled to himself as the woman began talking- if she'd simply stayed silent he'd have probably gone right past. At the mention of the drawings on his face, Lerrok rolled his eyes and wiped himself with his sleeve- it didn't really remove the mud, but whatever drawings the brownie- Findra, he made a note of that- had decided to create would become simple smears, and Lerrok would look hardly differently than he did usually.

"Who exactly are you, anyway? Most people I know don't call themselves foxes, threaten to eat somebody, and then run away." For the moment Lerrok's curiosity had overpowered his desire to escape. He'd fully expected to find a river or a road long before catching up to the flighty girl- especially before she stayed still long enough to actually ask her anything.

Leaning against the tree she was perched in, Lerrok scanned the surroundings in search of the brownie- all things considered the woman seemed largely harmless, but he was not going to let Findra sneak up on him again if humanly possible.

wolfie

Fin heard what this human fox was saying. She had ruined the girl's fun. Sighing she shook her head but stayed hidden. It was luck that she was nearby. She noticed that this fox had seen her and almost gave away her location. She was lucky again that Leerok hadn't figured it out.

She heard what Leerok said. He was focused on this creature and less concerned about her. He did wipe his face so that it smeared which made her frown. She would have to do something else to him. Then it hit her what she could do and smiled.

She waited until he was leaning against the tree. The aim had to be perfect. She turned the squirrel around and had it poop on Leerok below.

visualspice

As the man pressed the issue he didn't know her name. She made a frown at him, almost a pout as she stomped her foot against the tree, but then laughed.
"That's because I'm not a person," she stressed, then laughed, her laughter ringing loud and clear, a beautiful, mischievous, melodic tune that carried below and around the tree.
"And if you want to know my name, maybe you ought to guess it," she pressed, smiling down at him. "Like you and your small friend. I can play a game too!" she stated proudly, pressing a single finger to her chest as she laughed again, then draped herself coyly across a tree branch, smirking down at the man beneath her as she rested her smiling cheek onto the flat, back part of her hand as it rested across the branch.

"So, what do you think my name could be?" she said, toes curly as she drew in some of her dark hair into her mouth, chewing on it lightly as she was excited to finally get a chance to play a game.
"And if you guess wrong,t hen I get to eat you!"s he added, trying to look fierce and bare her teeth, but then laughed all the same. It wasn't until she saw the squirrel and what it was doing when she suddenly turned angry, eyes blazing like a blue fire as she turned towards Findra and her squirrel friend on their branch and growled at them possessively.
Findra was trying to ruin her fun!

And for a moment, the fox girl might have actually looked scary!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

TheHighwayman

Lerrok rolled his eyes- he'd expected this wouldn't be easy, but sometimes he really hated being right. "Our riddles at least had a half fair shot at being guessed- your name could be anything or you might very well not have one, for all I know." He couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the eating comment though. "Eat me? I doubt I'd exactly be tasty, covered in mud and dirt as I am." Lerrok was still looking around the other trees, trying to locate the brownie. There wasn't any sign of her, which meant she was either very well hidden, or...

Lerrok's gaze darted up into the tree at the sound of growling, uttered a rather appropriate curse for the situation, and dove out of the way. He managed not to crack his head on anything this time, but he did end up even more disheveled than he'd been before. The squirrel's unique brand of ammunition did manage to hit him, but it was the same boot Findra's bird had defiled earlier- no real harm. The thief lept to his feet and was about to curse the brownie out when he had a better idea- hopefully.

"Running out of tricks? I thought you fey were supposed to be clever, and you've tried the same thing twice on me today. Show some originality."  Lerrok made it a point to stand away from anywhere the brownie could initiate a third attempt, then looked back to the tree. "Honestly, you should have stuck around and tried to win the game- you really need some better traps." Even if he did manage to annoy the brownie, he wasn't sure it would help him in any way, but it couldn't really hurt.

Returning his attention to the girl, he tried to come up with a way to work this to his favor. "Alright, fine, but you need to give me a hint or two, and if I guess right you tell me which way the road is. Deal?" He had to struggle to keep a straight face- the entire deal was absurd. The thought of the young woman attempting to eat him was laughable, and he'd never been that good of a liar. He was afraid he might have snickered just a little bit.

wolfie

Fin heard what they both said. She thought of leaving considering she wasn't having any fun. He mentioned the game and sighed. Her location was given up. She was also tired of being called a fae. They were nothing but annoying those.

"That was growing boring and I still have your bag. This too is growing old. By the way you don't like being called big dummy then stop referring to me as a fae," she said not showing herself. She let the squirrel go as the bird she had captured earlier returned of its own free will. She hoped on the bird's back feeling that was better transportation.

"Why should she give you any hints?" She asked realizing he was lost. She sighed and just sat there watching and waiting to see what this human fox would do to Leerok.

visualspice

At Lerrok's comment about not being very tasty in mud, she only laughed.
"But you might be very tasty in mud," she said, giving a bashful smile as she leaned back, shoulders rising as she pressed one cheek to the side.

But then when Lerrok stepped away, the 'mark' missing and hitting his boot, she slapped a hand over her lips to hide her smile,but still laughed through it, shaking her head and shaking her hair off from her shoulders.
"You're going to need something to clean your boots with," she teased, eyes dancing.

But then she watched as Findra flew away, frowning somewhat before returning her attentions back to the man below, thinking to his questions from before.
Her  anger having subsided as quickly as it had come while she poked thoughtfully at her own dimpled cheek. But then when the brownie questioned this, only then did the fox, too.
"Yeah, why should I give you a hint?" she asked, playfully kicking her feet. "But perhaps we could play another game. Like guessing what a man tastes like with mud." ANd she laughed, a good hearted laugh, one that rang through the air like playful music before she leaned forward, crawling up higher int he tree and watched him, hands to the branch, feet against it as toes curled in and dark hair falling against her body.

She was up higher now, and slowly rose, putting her arms out around her to keep herself steady until she was standing erect again then let her hands drop casually to her sides.

"Or we could have a tree climbing contest! We could climb up the tallest tree!" she said. "Or a race. Or.. oh oh, we could fish. I like fish." and her stomach made a noise, and she touched it with a blush, but soon laughed. "I do like eating fish. Perhaps if you caught me fish, I will tell you my name and show you where the road is."
And she grinned, showing more of her teeth before laughing again.
"Do you know how to fish?" she asked him, leaning over dangerously from the tree with casual grace, hair hanging low against her body and only one hand to support her while her bare feet gripped the rough branch beneath.  She hoped he did- fishing could be fun, especially when there was a chase!

TheHighwayman

Lerrok was about to point out that the difference between guessing a name and solving riddles was that the riddles included a clue in them- her name could be anything, but he was cut off by the following string of suggestions. He didn't like the thought of racing the girl up a tree- it would have been a bad idea on a good day, and this had definitely not been a lucky day for him so far. His head had just stopped hurting; he had no intention of splitting it open again.

The fishing idea wasn't a bad train of thought though. His short break earlier hadn't involved a lot of food, and with all these delays he'd not make it to the next village on the road before nightfall anyway. It wouldn't hurt to find some food. "I can fish, yes- but I'm missing three rather important things to do so: I need a rod, I need bait, and I need somewhere to fish. If I had my pack I could provide the first two, but a certain creature decided to hide it. I might be able to catch a rabbit or somesuch... so long as Findra doesn't scare them all off. Either would take time though. If you could help me get my things back, I've got a bit of food with the rest of them, and you'd be welcome to it."

As Lerrok spoke, he looked around for anything he could use as a snare. There were a number of vines similar to the ones Findra had used on him, and if he fastened enough of them together they might form a decent rope. He cut a number of them from the trees and began working them into something vaguely resembling a snare. He frowned- this likely wouldn't work very well in the least, but it would have to do. "And you're making me nervous, standing like that. I keep expecting you to fall off, and then I'll be left with just that nuisance for company." And he'd have to find the road himself, but he didn't mention that bit.

wolfie

Fin didn't like the big man to know exactly where she was. She flew to another tree not far away so that she could still listen in without him knowing she was there. It was a good thing too. She listened to the human fox talk about food and such. She sighed and shook her head knowing he would have to hunt without them.

Alarm rose as she talked of eating rabbit. She was hungry, but she wouldn't just stand by idly. She had heard what he said and noticed there weren't any rabbits around this part just now. She was glad she didn't have anyone she had to warn about those snares.

She watched him make it though. It looked easy enough and gave her an idea for a new snare. She smiled wondering why she hadn't thought of it before. She had a bad feeling though playing this new prank on him would only make that fox upset.

Sighing she waited until she heard what he called her. She knew she had to do something now. He had to stop calling her names. Fin wasn't sure what to do. She could point him in the direction of the lake, and then come up with the trap. He would be wary of that though. Even she knew that. He would just have to figure it out on his own.

visualspice

Tah-leen, smiling, decided she'd watched from a distance long enough, and simply jumped down from her tree, landing with a crouch, then rising and laughing at the man before her.
"You can't fish with your hands?" she asked, taking his wrist and looking down at his hands, then backing a bit shyly away, letting his wrist drop from her grip. It seemed he had hands like she did. Surely the could suffice to catch fish! And his hands were larger, too! Meaning he could catch larger fish! Though she still smiled and showed him, by example, as she grappled at the air and explained what she meant by catching fish by her hands- perhaps he did not know? After all, why waste such large hands if you were not going to use them to catch fish?
"I can catch fish with my hands. Then I gobble them whole while they're still fresh from the water and wriggling between my teeth." She held up a 'pretend' and 'invisible' fish to her mouth and pretended to bite it before lowering her hands with a laugh.
"There's a stream that's not too far from here. And I think I could show you how to fish without those other things if you wanted." If she had a tail, she'd be wagging it.  "Come on!" she pressed, suddenly taking him by the wrist. "Let's fish!"

Not only was fishing fun, but they would get to eat yummy fish as well, and it seemed that's all the fox could think about as she pulled the man behind her, happily guiding him through the tall grasses, over fallen logs, tree roots, around large boulders until she came out on the other side, giggling at the sight of a glistening stream.
Crouching down beside it, she had already released Lerrok's wrist as she peered into the water, smiling at the array of fish below and her eyes were wide and sparkling, as if a child in a candy store as she pressed her finger to her lip and contemplated which one to catch and eat first.

OOC: Hope it's ok to assume Tah-leen guided him away- if not I can edit my post :)

TheHighwayman

This girl just kept getting stranger and stranger. Lerrok was left a little wide-eyed at seeing her just leap right out of the tree without a second thought, and remained so as she mimed catching and eating a fish with her bare hands. Whether or not he normally would have objected to her pulling him along like that, he was too busy trying to process all of this to really voice any objections. He did end up running into far more branches and bushes than he'd have liked, but that wasn't exactly at the forefront of his mind.

It wasn't until they reached the stream that he regained his proper senses. "I don't know about you, but there's not a chance I'll be quick enough to just grab one of those things." He walked up and crouched down besides her, peering into the stream. He glanced back and forth between the woman and the water, trying decide whether to humor her or not. It wasn't as if he had any dignity left to lose.

As Lerrok looked back at the pond, he realized he was actually extremely hungry- a fact of which the following growling decided to make clear to all- sighed, and shook his head. "Well, I suppose it's worth a shot. How are we supposed to do this?"

((OOC: Not a problem.))

wolfie

Fin watched the two together. She was trying to help this man. Sighing she just stayed back watching. An opportunity would present itself and she would be able to have fun again. Fishing with only your hands? Interesting. Perhaps the human fox is playing one over on him. She thought and wasn't sure what to expect.

Fin flew on the bird keeping a safe distance from him. This was growing boring something she hated. It was time to have fun again. She wasn't afraid of the human fox or what it could do to her. She was looking around wondering if perhaps she could place a fish on a string or something and bait the man. There was no way he would catch a fish.

She waited and grabbed some vines ready for anything. She knew what she had in mind though. It seemed they had forgotten she was even around. Findra liked it that way.

visualspice

Tah-leen put a finger to her lips, signalling for Lerrok to be quiet as she hovered over the water, ear a few inches from it as she listened, eyes studying the fish as they swam by- hands poised out at her sides. Then, as a school of silver fish swam past- her hands suddenly shot into the water- splashing not only herself, but probably Lerrok as well, and  when she came up, she gasped, fish wriggling in her hands but it slipped out from her grasp and sailed up, archin ginto the sky as it flopped around desperately  in a  spiraling spin-...

only to land ontop of Lerrok's head with a floppy 'thunk'.

Blinking, Tah-leen looked at him then began to laugh, and laugh and laugh before she suddenly lunged at him, not caring that she tackled Lerrok into the water as the pair went down- her hands around the fish, body slamming into his as they went into the water.
But a moment later, as she gasped, breaking the surface, she raised a triumphant hand up revealing...

"I caught the fish! I caught it!" and she held it fast, putting it between her teeth as she grinned foxishly over towards Lerrok from where she stood in the water- both soaking wet.  "Mmm, it's tasty!" and she had only had a nibble, and the poor fish was still wriggling in her fingers, but it appeared this time she had a better grasp of it as she smiled even wider, proud of her prize.

"Why don't you try to catch one now!"s he said, grinning a bit wider before she licked her fish.
Yep.. it definitely tasted like fish! Mmm! She went back to sheepishly nibbling on it, happy she had something to eat.

OOC: Again, um- sorry for an CC here- I can adjust my post if it doesn't work or if Lerrok would dodge the erm- circumstance lol

TheHighwayman

Lerrok immediately fell silent at her gesture, figuring it was best to let her do... whatever it was she was doing properly. He tilted his head, trying to figure out exactly how he was supposed to imitate that successfully. Opening his mouth to say something, his question froze in his throat as she actually managed to- sort of- actually catch one of the slippery things. His eyes crossed as he watched it sail towards him. He slowly reached for the fish, not entirely sure how to react to the situation. "How did you-"

The thief was caught with his mouth wide open as Tah-leen tackled him into the stream. He thrashed about, trying to free himself from the madwoman. It didn't take long, seeing as it was the fish she was after and not him, but it was plenty of time for the water to fill his mouth and nose. Lerrok spluttered and coughed as he managed to get to his feet and lift his head above the water. Turning to glare at Tah-leen, Lerrok cursed again. "I ended up in the water when you did it; if I try I'll probably end up drowning somehow!" He'd figured she would show him some trick to it, but that looked impossible, and even if he did know the trick he doubted he could move that quickly.

Growling in frustration, Lerrok splashed at the woman before trudging out of the water. "I'll do it my way." He began pulling vines down from the trees, lots of vines. The only sounds out of him were the rapid tearing and cutting of vines and the even more rapid flinging of obscenities at whatever happened to cross his mind. Once he was satisfied he had enough, he sat down and began to tie them together. The vines wouldn't make an ideal net, but they'd probably serve well enough in a pinch.

wolfie

Of all the things in the world that was the last thing she had expected. Fin was glad she was just watching now. She hadn't needed to do anything not just then. She couldn't help but laugh at the sight of that fox woman tackling Leerok into the water. It was better than anything she could have planned.

Once he was out of the water though she watched him putting together something. It intrigued her as she watched him. She was learning some new tricks from just this. She wondered if that had occurred to the big man after all. Fin figured right then she was out of sight and therefore out of mind.

visualspice

Tah-leen kept smiling, rather proud of herself, but had to blink when the man mentioned he would drown.
"Drown?" she lowered the raw fish away from her lips. "Why would you drown? Don't you know how to swim?" ANd curiously, she tilted her head to one side, seeming unphased that she was in the water, her white dress was wet, and that she was still holding a dead fish in her hands.

Then when he stormed off, she simply followed him, curiously so as she sat beside him on her haunches and nibbled at her fish.
"What are you making?" she asked, not really grasping the human idea to build things and the need to fish. But even as she was interested, she began to lick happily at her fish and gave a bright smile that reached her ears. "Yummy, yummy, yummy!" She appeared nearly in her own sort of world, half paying attention to Lerrok- the other half, well, licking and seeming to simply play with her fish in a peculiar way of eating.

TheHighwayman

Lerrok's face twisted in concentration and he didn't look up from his work as he answered. "I'm making a net- something people who aren't completely out of their minds use for fishing." Just a few more knots and he'd be done. Getting up and paying the woman no mind, he took the nearly-finished net down to the river, reached in, and grabbed two stones heavy enough to resist the current. He fastened them to the end of the net, then tied another extremely long vine to each.

Lerrok looked back and rolled his eyes at the woman- if it weren't for his curiosity he doubted he'd bother with any of this. He wiped away a bit more of the water that had trickled into his eyes before drawing his sword and driving it into the ground. He tied the free end of the net around the handle, heaved, and tossed the stones out into the stream while keeping a hold on the longer vines. Sitting down and twisting towards Tah-leen, he raised an eyebrow. "So who are you, anyway? And what are you doing out here."  He looked back and noticed that one sizeable fish was already digging itself into the webbing. After a brief pause, he added, "I'm Lerrok, by the way."

By now another fish had joined the first, and that would be plenty for Lerrok's liking. He tugged on the ropes, grunting as the flow of the water made pulling the net in difficult. He took a few steps back and dragged the fish ashore. "Hah!" He shook the netting triumphantly, then cursed as he realized he'd need a fire to actually cook them. "Here, hold these," he said, shoving the trapped fish roughly towards Tah-leen and looking around for suitable firewood. "Short sighted, impatient..."

wolfie

Fin was still just watching them. She was being bored in the background, but learning things as well. His net gave her ideas on what she could do to him. She smiled watching him catch the fish. There wasn't any opportunity for her to release the fish or play any prank on him. At least until he had to go for some firewood if he wanted a good fire.

She flew away knowing where a good pile was. She smiled and pulled down a very heavy vine. She tied it to a piece of wood to keep it from going anywhere. She also tied it into a circle to catch and hold the man's foot. She placed some leaves over the vine. After she was done she went back into the trees to watch and see how this might work. She knew the big man had a way with him where he ruined her fun. She hoped that wasn't the case.

visualspice

Tah-leen watched with interest as the man made the net, though part of her was cautious of it as she took a few steps back, somewhat fearful the net had been meant for her- but then he tossed it into the water, it weighed down into the street with a few rocks and she watched, enchanted.
She had almost missed his question, then she was laughing and applauding when she watched the fish get caught before turning to him with a beaming smile.
"My name is Tah-leen!" and it seemed the woman had forgotten she initially wanted her name to be part of a game.  "And I was out here because I was watching Findra play games with you," she said, turning away as she hugged her half eaten, dead fish between her breasts. "I wanted to play too." ANd pressing her lips together, she digested over his name and began to repeat it.
"Lerrok." she said. "Lerrok, Lerrok, Lerrok!"
Then she began to think more to Findra and wondered where the little brownie went. A twitch of her nose told her the brownie was nearby and she smiled, wondering if the brownie was still trying to play those games from earlier.  They had been most fun!

But then suddenly, she was overwhelmed and holding the net full of fish. Her eyes went immensely wide, as did the smile that followed as she let out a yell.
"Yummy! Yummy! Yummy, fish!" and was nibbling away at the larger fish inside the net- and mysteriously, her own fish had seemed to disappear, though it's bones would have been seen t her feet as she began to eat Lerrok's fish and laughed.

TheHighwayman

Lerrok hadn't paid the girl any mind after handing her the fish, starting towards the denser woods again. At least, that was the plan. He'd taken only a handful of steps before he turned around at her yelling. Lerrok barked a curse and stormed back, not entirely sure what to do about the matter. "Are you really- Did you just start- You just-" Lerrok stammered for a moment, jaw practically wired shut in fury. He stopped, coughed, and let out a long, hissing breath. "...I'm not sure whether to be furious that you decided your stomach was a good place to keep my fish, or impressed that you're gutsy enough to not even wait before I was gone." Lerrok put a hand over his eyes and sighed. "Alright...alright... I can catch more fish- just don't lose that net." Somehow he got the feeling she'd lose the net.

Shaking his head all the way, Lerrok absentmindedly trudged back towards the brush, trying to figure out exactly what he'd done to deserve all of this. It was slow going, as there wasn't much good firewood scattered about. The thief was certain this would take a while when he came across a large pile of the stuff just ahead of him. "There we are. For once something is going my wa-oahch!" His foot caught in the looped vine and down he went, scattering the wood he'd found.

Lerrok pushed himself off the ground, spitting leaves and dirt out of his mouth. "Right... I almost forgot about you." He turned about and began untying the vine that was now pretty securely wrapped around his ankle. "Not bad for someone who just saw me do it once." A moment later he was back on his feet, wincing a bit- he suspected he'd twisted his ankle a bit that time. "So, any other tricks?" he said, beginning to scoop up the needed firewood.