Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Trouble Rides Again (Open)

Started by wolfie, January 20, 2013, 08:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfie

Fin had no idea that Tah-leen was eating the man's fish. She heard him yell something back at the female human fox. She hadn't heard what it was though she wasn't that close to them. She was waiting yet again. If anything she was a patient one.

He appeared and she thought this might work. He would be sent into the air just by the vine and his ankle. Of course he tripped over it and found her out. Seeing him fall down like that though she couldn't help but chuckle. It gave her some fun.

She scowled wondering why her fun was always ruined. She noted the wood had been scattered. He undid her work. She shook her head heading back knowing she had no other tricks just then. She landed next to Tah-leen while Leerok was gathering the wood he needed. She hadn't seen that she had wounded him.

"Hello Tah-leen, can I please see that net?" She asked knowing exactly what she would do with it.

visualspice

Ta-leen only swayed her hips sheepishly when he began to stammer over what she was doing, and she lowered the fish from her lips. Then she held the fish out to him, blinking, wondering if he had wanted to eat some, too. But then he was grumbling and moving away and Tah-leen only smiled and watched him. But then something cuaght her eye- and she was about to warn Lerrok but it was  too late as she watched him drop to the ground.
Covering her lips, she wasn't sure if she should be amused or worried.
But poor Findra, the fox didn't seem to hear her request for the net as she rushed over to Lerrok's side.

"I can help collect wood to. We can put it in here!" she said, showing him the net as she held it out and began picking up any piece of broken wood or twig she saw and dumped it inside, quite happy with herself when she had a small handful and lifted up the net to Lerrok, smiling brightly and laughing.
"Look! I got some sticks, too!" she told him, eagerly waiting his praise.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

TheHighwayman

For a moment annoyance replaced Lerrok's look of discomfort, but he supposed the girl was at least trying to help him. "Good work," he managed to force out, figuring it probably wouldn't hurt the net at the least. He scooped up the wood he'd dropped earlier, along with a few other pieces, and turned back to Tah-leen. "Come on," he muttered, beginning a half-walk half-limp back towards the bank of the stream. His ankle would heal soon enough he supposed, he just hoped he didn't run into any real trouble in the meantime.

The thief caught a glance of the brownie as he neared the river again, but he chose to carry on regardless. What would he do anyway, hobble after her? He almost grinned at that. With a series of clunks and thuds his haul dropped to the ground, and he sat down, holding his ankle with one hand and beginning to prepare the firewood with the other. "Go grab some stones, would you? Not from the river, mind you."

It was then that he remembered that he'd left his flint and tinder with his pack. He groaned and rubbed at his temples, trying very hard not to kick the wood pile in frustration. Air hissed slowly between his teeth and he pulled at the front of his hair, a wild and mad look coming into his eyes. His stomach let out another complaint, one that sounded a bit like an angry grizzly. Lerrok turned to stare vacantly at the river, at this point seriously considering just eating a fish raw.

wolfie

There is was - ignored. Tah-leen hadn't even bothered to listen to her. She was becoming more annoyed than anything. She had the bird fly back into the trees wondering what would be next. She didn't like this one bit. He hadn't been foiled in any way with that last trick. Making a net like he had would take her far longer that it was worth. That was the problem with being one Brownie out on their lonesome.

She noticed he was limping now. It couldn't be helped. I've wounded the big man. He also doesn't look happy right now. I should just give up and leave. He foils all my fun. She thought wishing she could figure out something new. He had given her many laughs when they first met. He was expecting her to do something. She saw this as a problem. It was easier when he had forgotten about her.

visualspice

Tah-leen was pleased, and completely caught up into her own little world as she beamed at the praise.  Though when he began to hobble, she puffed her cheeks out and began to poke at them idly while watching his ankle, studying the one that was obviously injured.  Releasing her held breath, she dropped down beside him, despite him asking for her to collect rocks and she pointed at his ankle.
"Did you hurt it when you fell?" she asked, hands pressed against the ground like an animals, face leaning forward as she began to sniff at it.  "The muscles seem sore." she said, then poked it.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

TheHighwayman

Lerrok took a moment to snap out of... whatever it was you'd call his current state of mind. "I just twisted it- it'll be fine in a little while- and don't poke it like that!" Lerrok swatted her hand away and growled. Slowly getting to his feet once again, he looked around for any good stones. "I'll get them myself," he muttered. As he staggered about, already adjusting a little to the injury, he glanced back at the girl. "Don't mess with that pile."

It didn't take him too long to find a suitable bunch of rocks, though there wasn't anything as large as he'd like for a fire-pit. He had to make a couple of trips, but soon he had a small pile around the bits of wood. He took a smaller stone and his knife and began slidding the blade against the rock, hoping to make a spark. Between spouts of impatient grumbling he decided to try and sate his curiosity.

"So why exactly did you threaten to eat me earlier? You sounded serious enough, and you have to realize that it just made you look completely ridiculous."

wolfie

Fin didn't like being ignored. She just wasn't sure what to do about that. He was expecting her tricks. She sighed and kept watching. Even that human fox was ignoring her. It was like she never existed in the first place.

She knew why that was. Brownies while sneaky weren't suppose to be acknowledged in any form. He knew about her so did that female. She knew she was no good as a Brownie. She couldn't even pull off any more tricks on the big guy. She also knew she dare not pull any on the fox.

Keeping watch being patient was all she could do. Time would present itself it always did. She just had to wait for a great opening instead of forcing the little ones.

visualspice

But Tah-leen wanted to mess with the pile. A part of her wanted to chew on the sticks, but she also did not want to make the man entirely upset. So instead, she studied him, like she did with most humans and idly began to chew at the ends of her black hair.  She also felt bad the man seemed to be injured. She wondered if that was why he was so grumpy and idly poked at her cheek now as she looked around for Findra.  She could smell the brownie was close, but before she had a chance to see her, Lerrok asked her a question and she turned to him and tilted her head to the side with a bit of a pout.

"Don't you know anything about foxes?" she told him. "We eat meat." And then she grabbed his arm and went to bite it, only sinking her teeth playfully into it, but not enough to break the skin- but perhaps enough to make him realized she had human teeth (not that it could be doubted.. for she looked human, and humans looked nothing like a fox) but then she was laughing as she held onto his arm and stated. "You're tasty!" And she found the joke most amusing, so she moved in as if to bite him again.

Part of her sought to scare him, the other part of her wanted to play. Though she had no idea how humans or brownies or any of the likes actually played. Foxes nipped at one another, and this was what hse mostly knew, but could poor Lerrok realize that this was what the crazy girl wanted to do? After all, the notion somewhat answered his question-

She wanted to play with him, and with the brownie, and sadly, this was all of what she could come up with to justify her acts of wanting to eat him, and in the same breath, amused her terribly as she would laugh.
"Tasty, tasty Lerrok!" she said, then dove after him, pinning him powerful to the ground before licking his cheek.

TheHighwayman

On the one hand, Lerrok was pleasantly surprised when Tah-leen actually listened to him about the wood. He'd half expected her to do something because he'd mentioned it, let alone in spite of it. Of course, the pleasant surprise was soon followed by the young woman chewing on his arm. Lerrok's eyes widened and his mouth twisted in a mixture of utter confusion and mild amusement. Remaining silent from a combination of not knowing exactly what in Angsar's name to say  in that situation and from any sound he could think to make catching in his throat, he swallowed and tried to compose his thoughts. He decided it might be best just to play along with the joke; it wasn't as if she were hurting him, after all. In a moment however, he found himself on his back with the girl hovering over him- a girl that turned out to be far stronger than she appeared.

A girl who, he remembered, had repeatedly mentioned a desire to eat him and had just started joking about how tasty he was. Either she had a rather odd way of flirting with men or she- more likely from what he'd seen- was completely out of her mind. Somehow having an admittedly attractive woman on top of him became a lot more worrying than he'd have thought it would be. Sweat broke out on Lerrok's forehead and his heart thudded- human teeth or not, a lunatic- especially a strong lunatic- was still dangerous. He shifted underneath her, trying to get enough leverage to force his arms free and grab his sword, but he paused. Doing something like that could very well provoke her, and once she was provoked he might not be able to defuse the situation peacefully. Better to keep a calm head and hopefully not have to hurt her.

"Errr..." was unfortunately the only thing he could manage to say. He tried again, with about as much success. Really, what was he supposed to say in this sort of situation? Finally he stammered out the blunt truth- about the only thing that was actually really certain in his mind right then. "Y-you've lost it." With that out he was somewhat emboldened and followed with this, "Come on now, you don't sound like a fox, and you certainly don't look like a fox. If you were a fox, you'd be covered in fur and would have a tail. So if you really are crazy enough to think that, why do you look human like me?" The thief tried to muster up a defiant stare, looking right into her eyes and daring her to give an explanation.... and then a bit of her hair fell across his nose, and he gave a thunderous sneeze, ruining any attempt of his to remain dignified.

wolfie

Fin stayed in the tree watching them. She was somewhat amused that Tah-leen was playfully chewing on Leerok. She hadn't expected that. She chuckled when the fox human girl pushing him to the ground. The expression on Leerok's face was priceless.

She listened and noted that the fox was licking Leerok's face. She wondered if she were flirting, playing, or maybe a bit of both. She sighed wondering if she had lost an ally against Leerok. She shook her head but continued to watch deciding that this was fun too. She didn't have to do anything and was still amused. She wondered if perhaps this was a new turn of events for her.

visualspice

Tah-leen paused as she was over him, digesting the words carefully that he had said. She, for a time, tended to forget she looked human as she pouted, recalling her history. She was a fox spirit, and she had left that detail out, never normally using that as her title. SHe always felt herself as a fox, never wholly understanding the human side of her, the visage.
But now that the man pointed out what she was, she got mad and stepped off of him, hands at her side as she looked down at him and grumbled.

"The ... the winter spirit made me," she began, feeling herself grow more angry, the fur, unseen, as it would remain, bristled internally as her brown eyes remained locked at the human before her.  "I'm a fox spirit."S he admitted, feeling a bit sheepish and regretful. "I can go from fox form to human if I choose." SHe jutted her chin out,t hen gav ea childish stomp of her foot.  "But I don't need a tail to prove to you what I am." She continued, stomping her foot again. "It.. it hurts to turn back into a fox." Her eyes seemed to glisten as if with tears as she recalled the memories fo her last transformation.  She had to promptly change back into a human where she criedout for all of the pain she endured for days.

"And most normal humans can't do this." Tah-leen said, taking him by the hand suddenly and leaping in a few great bounds, up, up, up into a tall tree where she set him into a branch, stared at him ounce angrily before bounding away, leaving the man abandoned and alone ontop of the tree branch before she leaped back down to the ground.  Then, once on the forest floor, she craned her neck back up at him, the playful mirth having left her eyes as she peered up at him, not saying a single word and contemplated leaving the man there for good.  She did not like being told what she was, and was very emotional over the loss of the fox half of her. She couldn't even control when the ears or tails came out anymore.  But her tail had come out now, draped between her legs, and the cold burning flame in her eyes did not quite come to rise, but there was still a sense, a brewing within her brown eyed depths that hinted there was definitely more to this girl than she had seemed; great strength alone aside.

TheHighwayman

Lerrok heaved a sigh of relief as she got off of him, glad that was resolved for the moment. He kept a skeptical look on his face throughout her story until he realized she was pretty close to actually crying.  Maybe she is telling the truth about all of this... He opened his mouth, attempting to apologize for offending her, but the only thing that came out was a bark of pain as she pulled his entire weight solely by the arm.

He was more concerned with his arm than being in the tree at present, wincing as he prodded at it. It hadn't quite been dislocated, but it sure felt like it. Lerrok shook his head, deciding that he had other matters to focus on. He cleared his throat, paused to collect his thoughts, cleared his throat again, and called down to the girl. "Alright, I'm sorry, I take it back. I had no way of knowing, and I honestly didn't mean to offend you. Where I come from there's not much magic, so I've never been very good at just accepting things like that." He sounded entirely sincere and his gaze never wavered from her face.

Lerrok then realized he probably just sounded like he was trying to get her to get him out of the tree. Seeing as he really was trying to apologize- and that if her method for getting him down was anything like her method for getting him up there her help would probably leave him an arm short- he took a deep breath and started down the tree. His ankle and his wrist stung with every step, but it wasn't anything he couldn't ignore. Carefully he went, just managing not to lose his grip. One look down made him a bit dizzy. When he was about halfway down he became slightly more hopeful- he'd half expected to fall and split his head open within the first three steps- and he smiled to himself. He had, with everything that had happened in the last few moments, entirely forgotten about the brownie, and would probably have been a lot more worried about his situation if he hadn't. One missed step and a snapped branch later and he found himself hanging from one of the sturdier branches, unable to pull himself up thanks to his arm's condition. He cursed his own clumsiness- nothing he seemed to do today went right- and looked down. Falling from his current spot would probably have still left him in bad shape, to say the least. His face paled and he tightened his grip, trying to think of a way out of this mess.

visualspice

Tah-leen continued to stare up at him, not seeming to be phased the man was in a precarious position as she kept her arms angrily at her side, tail swishing back and forth.
"Does Lerrok believe me now?" she shouted up at him, but after a time, even her temper cooled, the slight, blue flame that would have glazed her eyes faded subtly as she realized, only then, that the men seemed to be in trouble. Blinking, she regained herself and looked up at the tree before she hesitated, then moved to climb up to the branch he was dangling from. She made it appear a breeze.

"A normal girl could not do this," she pouted, hoping he'd understand, but in actuality, she felt horrible for having tormented him in this way as she hesitated to help him, watching the blonde man simply dangle before her before shaking off her pride and extended a hand out for him to take.
"Here, I can help you get down." she said, and waited for the man to trust her enough to take her hand, then she would be much more careful in assisting him back to the forest floor.

TheHighwayman

Lerrok was still trying to come up with a way down when Tah-leen offered to help him. At that point his best plan had been to try and drive his sword into the tree to break his fall- a plan neither likely to work or particularly effective even if it had worked. He looked up and examined the fox-spirit's face for any sign of deception. Lerrok nodded in consent, but then what remained of his pride surged up. So far today he'd tripped everywhere, walked into a slew of tricks, been completely overpowered twice by a woman- fox spirit or no- and had literally been crapped on. Honestly, if at this point he couldn't even get down from a tree without help he figured he'd be better off just crawling into a hole at some point. "Thanks, but I think I can get down on my own."

Lerrok let go of the branch with one arm, drew his sword, and then dropped. About halfway between the branch and the ground he swung, managing to drive it far enough into the tree that he was able to stop himself. It probably hurt his arm more than going along with Tah-leen again would have, but given he'd barely expected it to work at all he wasn't exactly going to complain. Pulling the sword out, he took the remaining drop without too much trouble, shook his head in astonishment at both his own stupidity and the fact that it actually worked, looked up, and waited for Tah-leen to join him on the ground. "How about we try this again- preferably while I've got something in my stomach. Are you still hungry? What happened to that net?"

wolfie

Fin wasn't sure what to make of all this. Tah-leen was having fun of her own at this man's expense. She knew she should be doing that, but couldn't help just sitting back watching and laughing at times. She noted that he didn't seem to trust the fox lady any more than he trusted her.

So he hasn't hurt his brains yet. Perhaps when he falls out of that tree. She thought and shook her head. She wasn't sure where that thought came from. It was a first for her as she never hated anyone. Her tormenting was all in fun.

Fin thought about taking off. Tah-leen was ignoring her and doing fine on her own at tormenting this man. She sighed but didn't leave not yet. There was still fun to be had with this one. She just wasn't sure what yet. He was starting to become a challenge... and that's one thing she wouldn't walk away from.

visualspice

Lerrok might have expected her to follow him down and out of the tree, but up there she remained, pouting a little as she took a seat on the branch. His questions seemed to go on deaf ears as she puffed out her cheeks and poked them idly.  She had never felt.. well, really guilty before, as normally she'd be off and away, and the expression was still somewhat new to her. She didn't like it.  It made her feel gloomy. She didn't want to feel gloomy. So idly, she began to chew on her hair now, simply looking down at Lerrok.

"Your net is there,"s he said, simply pointing, then went back to pouting and chewing on her hand from where she was perched within the tree.

TheHighwayman

Lerrok's attempted friendly demeanor slowly evaporated as the girl just sat up there, pouting. "What did I do now?" He simply watched her in complete puzzlement, arms folded, for a moment, trying to figure out what had upset her this time- with about as much success as could be expected.  With a short sigh he turned to the wood he'd been preparing earlier and began striking his dagger against a flat bit of rock. He'd have preferred to use flint, but this would have to do. Unfortunately, what would have to do and what actually worked didn't seem to coincide this time. Lerrok managed a few sparks, but none of them caught. He cursed at himself again- "Great. I'm cold, I'm wet, I made my ankle even worse by jumping out of a tree for no reason, I can't start a proper fire, and now I've gone and upset the girl again somehow."

Lerrok put the stone down for a minute, figuring it was best to keep to one frustration at a time for now. He leaned back until he was lying down, looking up at the tree again. "You could at least tell me how I screwed up, you know. I can't make amends if I don't know what I'm supposed to be making amends for."

wolfie

Fin was still just observing these two. It was getting more and more interesting. She sighed as she watched them wondering when her opening would come. She then saw it. Tah-leen had left the net unguarded. Using the bird she swooped down and gathered the net heading back into the tree. She had wanted to study this thing.

It wasn't just a wonder to her it was something she could use if she could make it bigger. She then thought maybe just placing it in the proper place at the proper time like the quills from earlier maybe it didn't need to be any bigger. It still fascinated her.

She had the object of her desire, but still watched the two of them. Sure she could lure him into a trap, but so far he had managed to wreck those. No she would bide her time for the right moment.

visualspice

Despite her pouty disposition, Tah-leen was still studying the young man down below. She still felt 'guilty' and she didn't like it, so when he grumbled, then posed his question, she still said nothing at first as she simply looked down at his lying form.

"You didn't mess up, I did." she stated, still in a pout. "I was just curious about humans, that's all." She always was, after all, and for what it was worth, still wanted to become one. Frowning a little more, she drew her knees to her chest, but did not come down from the tree, only stared at him with a slight sniffle.
"I saw the brownie was having fun with you and I wanted to join. But I'm no good at these games. I guess I should just go," she started, rising from the tree and taking a look out at the sea of forests all around.

TheHighwayman

Lerrok couldn't help rolling his eyes. "So you're curious, but make one mistake and you'll just give up and leave? Look, you made an honest mistake. It happens to the best of-" While he spoke, his eyes had wandered across to the net, and he saw the brownie making a grab at it.  The man jumped to his feet surprisingly quickly and started after her, but he gave up after taking only a few steps, knowing full well there wasn't a chance he could catch her. He gave an impatient growl, turned back, and kicked one of the stones. When he finished cursing in irritation and pain, he looked back up at the woman. "Anyway, you did offer to help me down. Most people wouldn't have done that much- though admittedly most people wouldn't be able to put me in the tree in the first place..."

Drawing closer to the tree, he continued. "So why don't you hold on a minute?" At this point the man wasn't keen on the idea of being left alone with just the brownie for company again, and he had to admit he could use a hand with his current situation. "You can learn a bit more about us, and I have someone to speak with who isn't intent on driving me slowly mad." He paused and decided he'd probably want to kick himself later for what he was about to say. "And I suppose it'd give you another chance for a harmless joke or two."