Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Goes On Underneath the Table (M)

Started by visualspice, August 27, 2013, 08:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Renna rolled her eyes. He never had much self esteem. Seems that hadn't changed. But at his last comment, she forced a laugh and shook her head.
"You could say that."
Ugh, did he have to remind her?
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Oakley blushed again.  "Well, what has been going on with you?  You were never like me, shy and reserved?"  He gave a trying smile and he squeezed her hand.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"To be honest, you'd probably wouldn't like to hear it," she said, forcing a smile for him before awkwardly looking away. "But what about you? Why are you here at the festival all by yourself? I would have thought you'd be betrothed by now."
Cause, after all, that's what she had believed had become of him, and part of her was still hurt from it...
even though it wasn't true, and was a story she had made up to help heal her wounds. She had missed Oakley greatly since they had parted,a nd to 'never hear from him again' was a heavy blow to her heart. Her Aunt had planted the seed of doubt, but she hadn't pressed the issue of their friendship. She knew it was doomed anyways, considering what Renna was to become...
And even now, when she should be flaunting herself, she was enjoying this moment stealing away from it all to catch up with Oakley in the gardens...
alone against the falling leaves of Fall.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

If he was blushing before, Oakley went beet red now and he stared at his feet, which he tucked underneath the bench and rubbed one leg behind the other.  "B-betrothed?  Why would you think that?" he murmured softly.  "No, no.  I'm not married.  Nor engaged, though Father would probably say a wife would probably shape me up into a man."  He blushed more and tried to meet her eyes, but he couldn't muster the strength.  "Besides, what girl would marry me?  Much less kiss me.  No, no.  I just like my notebooks and gardens.  Shush though, Father doesn't know too much about me hanging out in the gardens.  He wants me to mingle.  But I don't like crowds.  I just like you.  You're good company."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Renna wasn't about to admit how happy she was that he wasn't betrothed, but as naturally as wen they were younger, she found herself giggling at his insecurities.

"Don't worry, your secrets safe with me..." and then recalling her childish nickname she used to call him, she leaned in real close and inquired, "Are you afraid another woman might find out you have stinky feet.... Stink foot?"

One would think a girl of her age might have grown out of old, silly nick names; but then again, this was Renna, and the devious look she was giving him leant an extra sparkle to her blue eyes. And even though her giggling had ceased,t he echo of laughter was there, but so was the warmth and closeness of their friendship that might have been presumed faded, or dead.

Lion

Oakley frowned, not finding amusement in her jest and dropped his head lower at the dreadful memory.  "I don't have smelly feet anymore!  It was cured long ago!  You don't have to go bringing that up all the time," he grumbled, letting go of her hand.  "I'd have thought you'd forgotten.  But then again, it's you.  You don't forget things you can use to tease me.  Most never do."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Come on, Oakley. You know I jest," she said with a roll of her eyes. "Besides, I don't do it to be entirely mean," she said, leaning in real close to his face as she wrinkled her nose playfully. "Besides, do you want in on a little secret as to why I really called you that when we were younger?"

Lion

"Because you lied and you're actually mean," Oakely groaned and wouldn't look at her.  The gardens were suppose to bring him peace and quiet, but all it was bringing him was a face full of fire.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna giggled. "How did you know?"
But then she shook her head, brushing some hair from her face that wasn't really there, and tucked in her lower lip.
"It's weird, we met sort of the same way we were reunited today... Under a table." She afforded him a genuine grin and went to take his hand, despite him having yanked it from her from earlier.
"ANd there I was, crawling around and dirtying up my skirts when I noticed a foul smell. I think they were your great Uncle's feet.." she said with a wrinkle to her nose, but then I saw you and I rememebred how much your brother's had teased you, so when I started blaming you for your stink foot, I just thought it was my only way to becoming friends with you. Though I won't lie, it was fun making your cheeks pink, but I never meant it to be mean. I was just being playful."
She gave his hand to squeeze.
"But I didn't know any better back then..."
ANd she drew in a careful breath, looking away from him as she gave an idle kicking of her feet.

"I just knew I wanted to be friends with you. You seemed.. different than the rest, and I think we were both pretty awkward. After all, no one wanted to be friends wiht the girl with carrot frizz for hair and freckles all over."

Lion

Oakley did look at her then and blushed all the more.  He gave her large wide eyes and then glanced down at her hands.  "Hmmmm, I'm not sure I believe you," he grumbled.  "But I guess for this moment, I'll let you have a free pass."  He gave her a soft smile.  "And don't say that.  You're pretty.  Prettier than most girls I've seen.  But I haven't seen many of them, so I guess the range of options leaves a lot to be desired."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna smirked when he didn't believe her, but she didn't look up at him until his last statement, then her eyes grew large as she laughed.
"So you can tell a joke!" she said, laughing all the more. "Unless you actually mean it, then I'll pinch your arm and call you stink foot all night!" she threatened with a smirk.

Lion

Oakley laughed and snorted at that.  "Why do girls think they can just bully any old boy they want?  I didn't say anything that wasn't already true," he smiled at her.  "But I do mean it though.  You are pretty.  Almost pretty enough to be beautiful.  To think you'd want to be friends with me...sometimes I think I must be dreaming."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

It was Renna's turn to blush as he kept pressing how she looked. Her Aunt Maudy had kept telling her she had the look, but naturally, Renna was too humble to want to believe her. It was her eyes, or something like that, that her Aunt pressed, that would draw men towards her, and for that moment remained quiet in thought.

That's when she turned to Oakely suddenly and lightly pinched his arm.
"You liar!" she said with a laugh. "You're about as bad as your brothers!"

Lion

Oakley was smiling too for the long moment of her silence - as refreshing as it was.  He didn't know what to say anymore, and frankly he didn't want to.  But when she pinched him he bent away and laughed.  "Okay!  I was lying.  You're just a brat," he smiled.  "An old dirty rat."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Oh yeah? Well at least I don't have stinky feet, stink foot!" she said, reaching forward to pinch his arm again.

Lion

Oakley rubbed his arm and shifted off the bench away from her.  "Ouch!  You need to cut your nails," he grumbled.  "You've got dirty rat claws!"  And disappeared behind a rosebush.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Hey!" she said with a laugh and sat up, grabbing onto her skirts. "Where do you think you're going, Stink Foot?" and seeing him disappear behind a rose bush, she gave chase. "I wasn't finish pinching your arm! I owe you lots of pinching from all of those years we haven't seen one another!" And she laughed as she dove after him, trying to snatch onto his arm.

Lion

The young Brennick brother spooked and he ran away from her arm, slipping out just like a small fish out of the grasp of a larger monster in the pond of the garden.  He slipped out and away and dove for the bushes, not caring if he ruined his clothes, even if he knew his father would be livid.  "No!  Get those meat hooks away!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I thought you said I had claws, not hooks!" She said, sticking out her tongue childishly and dove for him again, she too, seeming not to care if she soiled her pretty new dress.

Lion

He didn't know whether to stop and catch his breath or to turn about to chase her right back.  But he knew one thing: he wasn't about to let her capture him.  So he twisted and slipped away again, running through the brush, laughing loudly.  "You've got both!" he cried out.  "One hook!  One claw!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn