Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Goes On Underneath the Table (M)

Started by visualspice, August 27, 2013, 08:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Two kisses on the cheek in less than a minute from Oakley Brennick? Her cheeks were on fire from that one, and her mind in a whirl from the rush of it. Here, she was having her 'debut' in society, to show the men of the upper class what they can get for a fee as a companion, yet here she was, rekindling a friendship, and something more, with a boy she had thought all but forgotten her from years ago.

Though despite feeling awkward over this sudden show of affection from Oakley, she found herself laughing before she simply leaned in and kissed him on the lips.

"RENNA CARTISTE!"

The girl jumped clean out of her skin as she whirled around at the sight of her Aunt who had (thankfully) only caught sight of her bright red hair.
"Shit! I think she saw us!" Renna said, paling as she scrambled to her feet. "Gods, if she catches me with you and me like this...."
Her Aunt would kill her!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Oakley's face burned with a sun-like fury when her lips plastered themselves on his and his eyes shot wide.  He nearly choked on his own saliva in that brief second.  Thank Ansgar Renna pulled herself away from him just in time for him to catch his breath.  He looked up and saw with horror her aunt standing in the distance.

"Go," he pushed her away.  "Go, I'll hide."  He gave her a small, shy smile and shoved her off.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Oakley didn't have to tell her twice as she leaped to her feet and savagely raked her hands through her hair and dusted off her dress. Stepping onto the other side of the gardens, she grinned up at her Aunt, before a gasp was heard- then a slap came to her cheek, then a second one to ensure the mark was concealed by a 'heated' blush look rather than a slap.

"You look atrocious, what is the matter with you? How will any man want to pay for you looking like a savage?"

Though in truth, Renna could have looked a lot worse for wear, and had only a subtle stain on the edge of her gown, barely noticeable, and before Oakley might have been able to detect what Renna's Aunt was going to chew her out about; the two disappeared further into the gardens.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Oakley blushed when he heard the slap for it was loud and echoed through the garden, even amongst the peace of the flowers.  He frowned then as he heard them depart and stayed seated in the dirt with little more to show for it than a few tears brewing in his eyes.  He felt powerless at the fact, that her aunt treated her that way and there was nothing he could do about it.  He just sighed and when the coast was clear, he stood up and carefully dusted himself off, shaking the branches out of his hair.

But it was then that a savage hand came up and grabbed him violently by the collar.  "BOY!" his father growled.  Oakley paled and quivered under that powerful hand when it came down on him.  It clapped him on the head and he turned it away, his head pounding.  "You'll get back inside now.  You look like you've been crawling in the grave.  Which is where you'll be if you don't get back in there," Michael growled as he dragged his son back inside.

When they reached the door, he straightened him and his collar and dusted the boy off before pushing him inside.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

The party went on with a sea of fluttering dresses moving about as easy as winds through a field of barely. Men were as starched as their clothes, their cheeks rouged now from the apple wine and beer as women's fans fluttered against their cheeks. Though it was this sea of civilized fools that separated them, as Renna Cartiste had freshened up and represented herself to many of the men she had met and flirted with before. Though she seemed a lot more distracted this time around, that, in itself, seemed to perk up the interest of a few men, especially with how now more easily flushed the girl became, especially on her cleavage that was on display, and more of it now so than before after her Aunt helped readjust her garb.

But she pretended to love the attention and batted her pretty painted lashes at each men she took attentions to, and even got a little light headed and giddy from the cider and wine. It was the only thing that helped her remained focus, lest her eyes stray too much to seek out Oakley amongst the crowd, but more often than not her flickering gazes were met with a cold glance frm her Aunt.

Lion

Oakley was locked in meager conversation with a few nobody's here and there trying to get in good with the Duke's son.  He had no recollection of what anyone spoke of for the duration of their speech and when at last an announcer moved to the head of the room to announce the beginning of the first evening's dance, Oakley's head spun around, trying to get a glimpse of Renna anywhere.

At last he saw her far up the room with another man and he was caught in the wave of people that were moving from one side of the room to the other, parting the room with men on one side and women on the other and with various couples joining from opposite ends of the hall.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

'The Autumn Hitch' was the name of the dance, and that of the song; as it was most appropriate to start off this evening of festivities. As the men and women all took to their appropriate rows, Renna smiled politely towards her partner as she bowed her head and curtsied, as did all the other women in one single motion before the cello was struck, and the dace begun.

Rigidly the line of partners came together in the center, they'd bow and take hands, then would trot off down the line before returning to their rows. As this dance went on, eventually the partners were swapped out in an organized fashion, so that the partner to your left met the partner to your right, and then back again to your original partner you would go and walk down the line of guests.

The man who's arm Renna was attached to was so much older than her, that the grey of his hair and wrinkles in his skin stood out in contrast to the bright colors of Renna's dress and hair, and the perfection of her still youthful skin. And it was here, as she was walked down the line for the second time, more men began to perk up to this new lady.

It was no secret what she was; or who; for the way she was dressed rang clearly that she was for sale. And all of the men knew that on a day like today, wtih a new girl like that...
that she was still untouched and tainted like many of the other courtesans that were dancing around...
and that some lucky fellow could pay to be her first...
and Renna was fortunate a lot of men knew this game well, and those men who were hungry for a virgin, for a youth, had a lot of money lining their pockets, and a lot of saliva wetting their mouths. Yes, the pretty little red head was making quite the impression- and it only took an extra inch of cleavage to do it.

Lion

Oakley almost passed out from his nerves as his father stood beside him and pushed the small boy to get in line for the dance.  Michael looked at him sternly and knew the boy would probably try to squirm his way out of the crowd around him.  "Just try to relax, Oakley," Michael insisted, through he had an iron hand on his shoulder.  "And try to have a good time."

He shoved Oakley forward as he let a few people get between them.  When it was time to switch partners, the boy awkwardly stepped forward through the crowd and was dumbly searching for the partner he was paired with.  The girl in front of him cleared her throat roughly before stepping in to take the lead instead of him.  He blanched, then blushed and apologized before accidentally stepping on her foot.

She squeaked and huffed and stepped a few inches further away.

"I get better, I'm promise," he said.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

On her third walk, Renna was feeling more confident, keeping her head held higher and her blue eyes dazzling for the men. It seemed she'd have quite a lot to choose from later, which was a relief. Some of them were young enough for her to consider to be attractive, and then she spotted Oakley and almost tripped over her skirts. Her partner helped steady her, and as they returned to the line, she thanked the man softly.

"A lot of men are watching you," he said.

Renna nodded, and told him, "I know."

He squeezed her hand as they stood together at the end of the line now, where the couples began to stay together, rather than apart.

"I just hope I have enough money to make a bid on you first. That is, if you will accept an invitation to my manor," he began. Renna avoided his gaze. "How does tomorrow seem?"

Renna remained quiet, then looked up as she caught sight of her Aunt's approving gaze.

"It sounds lovely."

Lion

Oakely had seen her too when at last the girl he'd been next paired with and watched the man grow sweeter on her when they moved across to the couple's line.  The girl beside him, squeezed his hand a little.  She must have been no older than sixteen and already she was debuting to high society as she peered shyly at him.  At last someone who could tolerate him and yet his eyes were no on her.

They watched Renna from across the room.  The next dance was beginning soon and the girl pulled Oakley back to the floor when the next song began.  Now the couples were set for the next few rounds and as they spun across the floor, Oakley felt like he was going to be sick from both the motion and from the older man that was holding onto Renna.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The night passed one precisely as her Aunt had planned, and not only had she found one man asking her for an evening at their manor, but at least two others had extended invitations before the end of the second sessions of dancing.

Thank God she had found a moment to herself as she stole away to the powder room to hide not only from her potential buyers, but her Aunt as well.

Lion

Oakely was sweating through his clothes and his cravat was drenched by the time he could catch a break by the punch bowls and drinks.  The girl had taken to his side and when she was sure her escort was out of view, she kissed his neck and his cheek and then his lips as she shoved him into the nearest powder room.

"No!  Wait!  Stop!" Oakley pleaded.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna really needed the peace and quiet to herself; so when just moments later a couple came spilling into the room,s he spun around with a gasp. She was about to say something, but when she noticed who the boy was and that he had lip stick stains all over his face and neck, she paled and felt her stomach drop and turn to ice.

She wasn't sure when she had rushed out onto the balcony, but the cold air hit her like a ton of bricks and cooled off the tears heating in her eyes.
Oakley! Oakley Brennick with another girl! And here she thought... how silly o fher... to consider she'd be his FIRST kiss when it'd had been so long...
Perhaps he was no different than the stories she heard about his brothers, and now she stood out there, a few tears stealing down her cheeks as she felt like the fool.

Lion

Oakely panicked when he noticed the girl running out of the powder room.  He gasped and struggled with the girl on top of him as she tried to push him against the wall.  "Please!  Stop!"  he said frustrated.  He pushed her away and jumped up and headed out the door, barely catching her in time as he saw her running down the side up toward the balcony away from most of the guests.

He rubbed his face from her lipstick and his neck as best he could and calmly followed up until he was behind Renna's familiar form.  "Renna," he said softly.  "Renna!  I'm so sorry..."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna whirled around, the night sky catching on her tears, but she hadn't a moment to respond when her Aunt suddenly stepped out onto the balcony.

"There you are, Renna. Charles Higgins and Westley Bennett have been inquiring about you." Then she paused to notice the boy beside her, raising a single brow.
"Oakely? Oakley Brennick?" The smirk on her face showed she was amused, but also impatient. "It's nice to see you. Tell your father I should call him for tea." Then her eyes went to Renna, who's tears she seemed to ignore as she grabbed the young girl by the arm."Dear me, seems this nightly fog has done something to your hair." Never mind the tears marring some of her make up. "Let us get you to the powder room at once. You don't want those men thinking you anything but perfection."
And she gave Oakley a cold smile as she pushed past him, ushering Renna away.

Lion

[The Old Maid Aunt.  The second ****block!]

Oakley stared out at her aunt for the time she spoke and could find no words to speak before she walked away, hitting his shoulder as she passed. 

He watched Renna pushed away and he stepped back toward the balcony, his head dropping as he stayed where he was, leaning against the edge of it and watching as night descended on the gardens below.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna felt wretched, and even when she attempted to stifle her tears in the powder room, she got wrung out by her aunt. If she didn't pull her act together, she'd find herself homeless. And that frightened her enough back into submission. So a few fixes of make up later, and Renna was back out there, wooing men and getting herself noticed. And the night couldn't have ended sooner. Fortunately for her, her Aunt felt it was wise to leave earlier, to make men linger over her, so as she was curtsying and saying her goodbyes, she caught sight of Oakley from the corner of her eyes before she was escorted out of the manor house and possibly out of Oakley's sight forever.

She had never been so sick in all of her days. She cried endlessly into her pillow until it hurt, and until she vomitted three times over it. She even tried starting to write a letter to him, but nothing came out,a d all of the scribblings of ink got water logged from her tears. It was over her desk she finally passed out, completely exhausted. It was also there her Aunt found her when seh came to check in; and frowned when she read the name that was cried over on the piece of paper.

Oakley.

Lion

Oakley was quiet the entire ride home as the carriage rolled out back to Briarwood, the Brennick family estate and felt blank, empty just as the cart rolled through the driveway.  He spoke little, seemingly shy once more as his father questioned on him on anyone he'd met during the dance, mentioning the girl and a few others and eventually saw himself to bed.

He laid in his bed, staring at the ceiling unable to sleep as his thoughts of Renna's last expressions came into mind.  She looked so torn, though she smiled.  He knew it was fake, he always did and  when he found himself troubled by his thoughts he climbed out of bed and carefully dressed, heading for the window, and climbing down quietly to the garden's below before stealing away to the stables.

Perhaps if he could make it before the night ended, he might explain.  Perhaps he might even earn her forgiveness.  He pulled a horse away, a quick colt that was antsy and ready for an evening run that he quietly saddled and tore across the path toward the direction he remembered her aunt's house being.  Or at least he hoped it was.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She slept horribly, and found herself waking up to every noise- the clatter of a tree to her window, a stumbling maid in the hall; and lastly, the approaching gallop of a horse. Blinking, she lifted her head from her desk, still dizzy with sleep as her ears strained. Clearly she must be dreaming- was a horse really approaching at such an hour?

Lion

The horse stopped a distance away and Oakley leapt off the saddle and tied him to the closest tree in the nearby orchard.  The night was quieter than he hoped, with only a few noises of the people that worked the grounds.  He didn't know how, but he knew he'd have to try and carefully crept through the grounds, hiding in the shadows before he found a lattice up toward the nearest window.  It was slightly open and he climbed up to peek inside of it just a little.  "Renna?" he whispered, eyes adjusting in the dark.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn