Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Goes On Underneath the Table (M)

Started by visualspice, August 27, 2013, 08:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

The sound of the horse faded, and a moment later,s he swore she heard someone climbing up the outter wall towards her window. Hesitating, she rose from her desk, only to pause a moment later when she saw a familiar face outside her window.
"Oakley!?" then she slapped a hand over her lips, realizing she had spoken too loudly. "What on earth are you doing here?" she inquired, a lot more softly now as she rushed towards the window, helping him quickly to climb into her room.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Oakley hung weakly on the lattice that climbed up toward the window and he waited for a response, all the while his heart beating in his stomach at the dread he was feeling about everything all at once.  What if Michael were to find out?  What if he had the wrong room?  Oh, he should just climb down all at once right now and be done with it!  He was just about too when Renna appeared in the window, and helped him climb inside.

"Oh, Renna!" he whispered.  "I just had to see you, at least one more time.  I know what going on and I just had to tell you that it was all an accident.  I just...I didn't kiss her!  I really didn't!"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Renna stared stupidly at Oakley for the longest time before bursting out, "Wait, you mean to tell me you came all the way out here in the middle of the night just to tell me that?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Shush!" Oakley hissed.  Just as she spoke outloud, his hand came flying toward her mouth and he covered her lips as best he could.  "Yes!  Yes!  Ansgar's boots, oh, I think my father knows I skipped out here....but I-I-I...  I couldn't sleep with you thinking I'd just want to hurt you with some other girl 'cause I couldn't dance with you.  Oh, Renna, I wanted to dance with you.  I really did!  Please!  Not so loud...Oh, I know your aunt will tell my father and he'll kill me for sure."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Renna blinked, her face twisting questionably at his words before her eyes lit up and she took his hand and lowered it from her mouth.
"Oh, Oakley..." she began to say, her eyes watering with tears. "I wanted to dance with you, too, but my Aunt she.... and I... I..." and here, she paused, realizing, as her neck burned, that Oakley had no idea of the truth.
"Oakley, I'm sorry." she found herself saying, well before she even had a chance to explain as tearsbegan to roll down her face.

Lion

"Oh, don't cry," Oakley pleaded with her as he reached into his pocket and produced a handkerchief.  He only then realized his hands were fumbling and he tried to still them as he blotted her eyes.  "Please...I-I know why you....were really there," he said.  He grew quieter and took a seat on her bed.  "Michael thinks I have no idea.  But I know why he really wants me to stay away from you.  Because.....because you were being sought for buyers."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna's eyes widened once he admitted what he knew.
"You... you knew?" she said, her eyes still sparkling with tears.

Lion

Oakley found his own chin wavering at the thought and he slowly nodded before her.  He reached for her hands and held it gently in his.  "But...but what can I do?" he said softly.  "I-I just...I don't know if I'll see you tomorrow or in two weeks or ten months.  I just had to see you tonight.  Before you go away forever."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna was too stunned to respond at first, her hands trembling within his, more tears swelling at the corners of her eyes.
"Oh, Oakley..." And now more tears were rolling down her cheeks. "I'm so sorry, but nothing can be done. When my parents died, it was either my Aunt send me to an orphanage, or I agree to become a courtesan. I... I didn't even know what that was. And now I just...." She lowered her face from his, shame faced and flushed as she shook with sobs, tears falling down and soiling the ivory colored night gown that clung against her ripening flesh.
"I'm sorry, Oakley," she cried, then clung to him in a tight embrace, burying her crying face into his shoulder. "I'm so sorry."

Lion

Tears fell from his own eyes as he watched her cry and stumble over her words.  As soon as her arms came around him, Oakley wrapped her in his own.  His was a strong embrace as strong as he could muster with his thin arms.  He pressed his face into her shoulder and squeezed her close.

He choked on his words and eventually he turned his head up and wiped away her tears as best he could. "No, I'm sorry," he murmured. "I'm sorry.  I shouldn't have forgotten you...I promise I never will again."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna shook her head.

"But it's not that, Oakley.." she said, unable to stop the next series of tears. "Maybe if you had forgotten me it would have been easier. I had been sweet on you all this time, but when I had thought you forgotten me, it was easier to pretend I didn't care. But now I'm stuck to my fate in all of this and I can't get out, and now I fear you'll be worried over me and I just- I.. I..." and she found herself unable to talk again as she cried.

Lion

"Shhhh, shhhh," Oakley tried to soothe.  He rubbed at her back and leg her tears fall on his shirt.  He did understand now, he died and he wanted to deny it for the longest time but reality had a way of crashing into you when you least expected it.  He kissed her cheek, in the spur of the moment and tried to still the sobs within himself.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

His kiss made her only break into more sobs than before as she buried her face against his shoulder and held him tight.
"Oakley, I'm.. I'm scared," she admitted after a time, finally lifting her tear filled eyes to his. "I don't want men to buy me. I just want to be me, to do what I want, not to have to find myself at the whims of old, ugly and balding men."

Lion

Oakley didn't know what to reply for he knew that was the fated truth.  Instead he just held her tighter and nodded against her.  When a sob choked out of him, he finally turned his head  to look at her.  "Whatever happens," he said.  "I'll be right here with you."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna was thankful to have a friend. It had been years since she could trust anyone, confide in anyone...
Well, except for the animals. And it was peculiar that during her time away is when she realized her unique gift. And it was then she wondered.. what would Oakley think or say if he knew?

But her thoughts were broken from her when she heard her Aunt's voice at the door.

"Renna, are you awake?"

Gasping, her eyes widened.
"Quick, hide under the bed!"

Lion

She didn't have to tell him twice before he dropped down onto his belly and scurried underneath the bed.  He held his breath and curled his limbs up to keep himself from view.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna hesitated a moment before answering her Aunt's call.
"Y-yes. I woke up. I was.. having trouble sleeping."

A moment later the door creaked open and her Aunt stepped into the room. Her feet shuffled against the hard wood floors, the boards creaking beneath her weight. Eventually, she made her way to Renna's side and noted the tears in her eyes.

"You're still upset from today?"

One would think the question might have been one of sincerity, but the way her Aunt asked it,t he air turned cold. Renna shifted uncomfortably.

"I just..."

"I told you, you need to forget about that boy. His parents want nothing to do with you, Renna, and there are rumors already spreading that young boy will soon be engaged. Now, please, is something else bothering you?"

Renna wrung her hands, uncertain what to say to her Aunt.

"I was also afraid."

"Afraid?" her Aunt's voice perked up.

"Y-yeah... we've gone over everything I have to do but.. erm, not exactly what I will be doing for the nightly entertainment... and I... I don't know if I'll like it."

Her Aunt chuckled between closed lips.
"Renna, Renna darling, come here, come here. A woman's body is a sanctuary. It won't matter if you like it or not, just think of it as a job. A miller mills, a butcher, well, butchers, and the dukes rule the land. You're a courtesan, you'll court, be courted, and bed the wealthiest men in Connlaoth, and for this, you will have powerin your own right." She patted Renna gently upont he hand before kissing her forehead.

"Now, come on, we can discuss more of this come morning. Don't forget you've made two engagements for the morrow."

Renna sighed but nodded.
"Goodnight, Aunt Maudy."

Aunt Maudy was already at the door when seh paused and turned to glance at Renna upon the bed.
"Goodnight, girl."
And she stepped out of theroom, taking her candle with her and Renna was once again cast into darkness, with the threat of tears returning.

Lion

Oakley heard the whole conversation and stilled his very breath at the thought of what her position really meant.  He stilled himself and felt his eyes grow wet in the darkness when her aunt finally left.  He'd almost forgotten that he was still underneath Renna's bed when at last it was safe to come out.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Tears fell silently down her cheeks and many moments passed before she recalled the boy hiding beneath her bed. Wiping her tears carelessly away on the back of her hand, Renna stepped down from her bed.
"Oakley..." she began, lifting up part of the bed's quilted bedding. "It's safe to come out now."

Lion

Oakley jumped when the bedding moved afraid it was her aunt coming back so quickly.  And even as  he looked up at her he hesitated in motion until he saw the coast was clea. He crawled out and stood warily beside her.  No words would spring from his lips and the sorrow evident in his eyes showed through more than he wished.

Suddenly his arms went around her and he hugged her so tightly, he might have squeezed the breath out of her.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn