Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Goes On Underneath the Table (M)

Started by visualspice, August 27, 2013, 08:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

The Autumn Festival in Falkenrath was always a favorite of hers. Though it had been years since she had been there, many fond memories of her childhood were created here. That was, until she was 'old enough' to begin her training, and just like that, she managed to vanish from the social elite. But now was her time to come out in graces, and re-introduce herself to society as she was 'coming of age'; and also, to begin her training more properly in flirting with men. She might not be old enough to bed, but she was certainly damn close, and her 'Madame' reminded her well of that.

"How well you do tonight, and the many nights after this, will help string along men who will be intrigued by you. Your first purchaser will indicate your status and how well you will do as a courtesan, Renna, so keep that in mind and eye up the most lonely men with the largest of pockets. Keep in mind, just about every man tonight will be 'for sale'."

The words echoed inside her mind as the carriage rolled down the muddied path. Thankfulyl she had brought a second pair of shoes, for her first had gotten quite covered in mud, and it would not do to show up with dirty shoes on her first day of public acknowledgement. Though she was budding into a woman, she was still getting used to the idea she had cleavage, and idly played with her corset and pushed her smooshed, ripe boobs up even more.

"Stop playing with those," Aunt Maudy reprimanded with a frown. Blinking, Renna turned to peer up at her Aunt with those crystal blue eyes of hers.

"But they seem about ready to pop out."

"That's the idea," Maudy said wit ha subtle smirk, then glanced over at the Brennick Manor house as it rolled into view. The trees were already bleeding into the colors of autumn, and as Renna Parnissa Catriste stepped out of the carriage, her lovely, autumn colored, apple red hair stood in beautiful contrast to a set of yellowing trees behind her. Her dress, a soft hue of sea foam, hugged her body in just all the right ways, and gave just enough advertisement of her cleavage to allow for men to salivate.

And that's just seemed to be what was happening as she waltzed into the room on her Aunt Maudy's arms. So many men and women were looking her way; and men of all ages and sizes. She smirked at the youngest, and was uncertain how to accept the stares from the eldest as Maudy discretely elbowed Renna on the side.

"Smile at all of them dear," she informed her, keeping her chin held high. "Remember, 'all' of these men, are for sale. You just have to be sweet, play up your naivity, and bat those long painted lashes of yours."

Renna swallowed down the knot inside her throat, feeling her hands become sweaty, a fact Aunt Maudy did not ignore as she frowned.
"And do keep those sweats in check. You do not want to sour any first impressions today."

Renna nodded, smiling sweetly towards all of the men when a familiar face was spotted amongst the crowd. If it wasn't Brandur Brennick, whom she had taken great efforts to in her youth to chew out for tormenting her only closest friend during her child hood, a boy whom she recalled in that moment as her blue eyes swept the crowds, seeking out Oakley.

What would he look like now? It had only been what- four or five years since they had last seen one another? She could not even recall, but he was the reason why now she sweat. She had communicated with him discretely via letters, though lately, the letters had been few and far between, and she hadn't even mentioned to him she'd be here today.
Then again, their last letter was over 6 months ago.

Too bad for her, (or perhaps, luckily for her?) a man had caught her attentions, and soon Renna found herself immersed in a long winded conversation about the silk trade. So this man was a merchant lord.. interesting enough, and Renna tried to play it off as best she could she knew what she was talking about. And sadly enough,s he knew enough about business and trade (due to her Aunt Maudy's expert advise and training) to be able to hold a conversation of her own. It seemed, by the way the man was smiling at her, she might have herself a first buyer, though it still hadn't quite settled into her about 'what' she'd be giving away, though she had seen enough 'education' on the matter of sex and breeding to have a portion of her prudence already watered down.

Even still, Renna was still as young, youthful and naive as ever, and perhaps it was this that helped win her over several other men of interests. Not only had the silk trader wanted to dance with her and speak in the gardens later that night, but a few lesser nobleman were flirting it up with her as well. ANd a few older ones, too. She had almost too many men now flirting with her that she was almost runnning out of memory space to recall them all. But still, every once in a while, her blue eyes would scan the crowds looking for any sign of Oakley.

Then there he was, or what she thought was him, and found herself suddenly excusing herself from all of the commotion in the corner. But as she tried to rid herself of one set of potential 'buyers' she almost ran into the first man again. Feeling trapped, Renna did the only think she could think about to escape from the 'Sea of Men' as she discretely dropped to her knees and crawled underneath the table.

Thankfully no one had spotted her as she crawled around on the ground, and thankfully the floor was clean so her skirts would not get dirty. Thank Gods this was the upper class. Sighing, she took a moment to collect herself before peering out curiously from beneath the table over to where Oakley awkwardly stood.

A wicked grin crossed her lips as she thought of all of the childish things she could do to him in their first greeting after so many years- but whihc was the most fitting? Steal a frog from the gardens and put it down his pants? Trip him lightly, steal his shoe and refuse to give it back all evening so hed' have to suffer without it?
But speaking of shoes, another, yet familiar pair stepped in front of where she was spying on Oakley as she gasped.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"But I don't wanna go to the Festival," Oakley grumbled.  He sat at the edge of his bed and was soon popped on the back of his head by Brandur as his brother was busy fussing with the folds of his cravat.  Oakley seethed and rubbed the back of head, his curly hair falling into his face.  Brushing it out of the way, he glared at his brother and sighed.  "It's gonna be boring and the same people from before are going to be there and they're all gonna ask the same questions as before and we'll just give the same answers and - "

"Oakley, you fuss worse than an old maid," Brandur grumbled with a scoffing laugh.  "Maybe you'll finally find some girl to bop your bongo."  He laughed manically as his hands finally finished tying the cravat and he could see in the mirror his younger brother suddenly grow beet red at the insinuation.  It was clear he was taking far more enjoyment from it than he should have. 

Oakley just turned away and brushed his hair back out of his face and finally got up to get dressed, moving behind the partition.  "That's all you think about, Bren.  No wonder girls want nothing to do with you.  You've got slime for brains."

"And all the girls want nothing to do with you because you're just another girl, and they can hardly have any fun in a roll in the hay with your dick like a limp noodle and just as big."

"I have so rolled in the hay!  What would you know!?"

"Pfft, right.  With who?"

"I promised I wouldn't say."

"And hell as promptly unfrozen itself.  As if I wouldn't be able to tell you had a romp and when you're clearly lying."

Oakley peeked out from behind the partition, looking half dumbfounded.  His blush only deepened and he nervously played with his coattails.  "How could you tell?"

Bren looked at him with a raised brow.  "You've still got that dumb, goofy look on your face and the baby's blush all over your cheeks.  Face it, Oakley, you'll die an old maid.  But I'm already bored with this conversation.  It's about time we've gotten down to the carriage below.  Don't make me tell father.  Remember what happened last time?"  Brandur walked over to the door and gave his younger brother an obvious glare.

Oakley finally turned his head up to face him and his face now blanched where it had once been rosen with color.  "I'll be down in a bit," he said with a nod.  Within the hour, the young Brennick Brother had gotten into the carriage and soon found himself standing before a crowd of Falkenrath's rich and powerful.  There were all manner of nobility here and every face, passing glance, looked exactly the same, as if a clever conman had managed to reproduce the same portrait in a master stroke.  He paled and felt his feet ever so cleverly back away when a rush of people pushed him inside.  His father lingered nearby and soon he found his face heating beneath the scrutiny.

Oakley smiled a little and moved to disappear within the crowd, hoping to become lost within it enough to steal away.  The gardens near the back of the building would prove a suitable escape if only he could make it in time. 

Meanwhile beside him, he could hear the voice of the maitre d' fussing about with someone who had the gall to crawl underneath a table.  Oakley turned with mild interest, pushing his curls out of the way and saw the waiter pull out a young girl with reddened hair.  "And just what do you think you are doing?" the old man scolded, the baldness of his head shining in the sconce-light.  "This is a gala hosted by the most powerful family in Falkenrath.  I should kick you out for this.  As a matter of fact, I think I will!"  The old man took the red-head by the wrist, twisting her arm and just about to yank her out the door when he collided into Oakley.

The young man stumbled backwards and was silent amidst the apologies of the maitre d', who still held the girl in his other hand.  Oakley brushed himself off and shook his head.  "No, no, it is quite all right," he said softly and gestured to the young woman.  "Please don't tell me, you're kicking out this nice young girl?  What has she done that was so awful?"

The maitre d' paused, unsure of his reply, exchanging glances with Oakley before releasing his grip upon her.  "I'm sorry, sir.  But it is my duty to ensure the smooth continuation of this function."

"And I think you did just that.  It's all right.  The guests still seem to be enjoying themselves.  No  harm done."  Oakley gave a meek smile before the maitre d' finally bowed and walked off, apologizing again.  Oakley blinked at the red-headed girl and nodded.  "Well, there ya go.  Now you won't get kicked out..."  He stared at his feet then and put his hands behind his back.  "Well... I guess I'll see you around.  Enjoy yourself, please."  And prepared to walk away out to the gardens.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Despite having found herself in quite the predicament, and about to ruin her career long before it begun, she couldn't help herself when she found a moment to laugh. A laugh he might find all too familiar as she reached out and took his hand to halt him from leaving.

"Oakley? Oakley Brennick?" she giggled again, blue eye trying to find his. "Have you really forgotten me after so few years?" SHe gave a dimpled smile. "You'd think finding a red-headed girl in trouble would have at least triggered something in that curly haired head of yours. Though I suppose I should play nice." And she dropped her hold on his hand and clasped them behind her back. "Considering you did just save my reputation." And she paused, smiling sheepishly as she looked him over. "So thanks." and her smile rang out more true as she kept her gaze upon his eyes.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Oakley blinked at her stupidly when she addressed him without introducing herself.  He just stared at her, a little awed that she had the gall to reach for his hand.  He frowned for he did not recognize her, though she seemed to feel as if she knew a great deal about him.

He backed away just a bit and kept his arms behind his back.  "I'm sure you must be mistaken, young lady.  Please forgive me, but I have no idea who you are," he admitted with a deep, shy frown.  Her red-hair seemed the most familiar but his brother had been sleeping with a lot of red-heads lately so it was difficult to tell who was who.  "You must be a companion of Brandur Brennick.  I can find him for you if you'd like."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Renna wrinkled her nose.
"A companion of Bren's?" she sounded so offended that she might strike him, though instead, her twisted face of anger faded away as she laughed. "Then you really must not remember me at all! How much has changed in these last few years?" And with a laugh, she finally revealed her name. "It's me, Oakley. Renna Cartiste."

Lion

Still Oakley blinked at her stupidly until the name echoed in his mind for several resounding seconds.  "Renna?" he mimicked until his eyes suddenly grew wide and he lunged a hand out forward and shook her hand.  "Renna, hi!"  He smiled shyly at last at the realization and shook her hand vigorously before letting her go.  "Hello, Renna.  I think I do remember you...you're not as mousy as before...  How have you been?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna's face soured at his reaction. Mousy? Had she really been so shy?
Thinking back to when she had first met the curly haired boy, she realized.. oh, perhaps she had been. But then again, that was because she hadn't liked the rest of his family, and had no idea her parents (before their untimely death) had high hopes for her to wed into the Brennick family. Too bad it things fate had other things in store for her.

She snorted through her nose.
"Just because we hung out together when we were kids does not make me mousy," she protested, hands on her hips. "Besides, you owed me like five letters or something. I wrote to you almost a year ago and if you had replied, you'd know how I've been." And she tapped a foot expectantly.

Lion

Oakley squinted his eyes at her.  "You wrote to me?" he said softly, looking almost saddened at the thought.  "But...I-I never recieved any letters from you."  His frown only deepened when he began to suspect why.  That Bren had gotten to them first before he did.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna's face twisted.
"What!?" she took a step back, eyes wide.
"But you wrote back to me. And I've been writing those letters for years!"
Was he lying to her? Though she had known Oakley well enough in their youth that, surpsingly, his mannerisms seemed to be the same, and it was evident in his large eyes that he was not.
"But.. but..." and now she felt quite the fool, and not certain how to digest all of that, for that meant he honestly HAD forgotten about her. And with wide eyes, she said "Excuse me," as she whirled around on her heels and began to walk away.

Gods, what an idiot she was! They had been friends for so long... her Aunt had warned her that her and Oakley could never actually be friends, not even acquaintances now because of their status.. and herself.
Though, unless he became a client...
her cheeks burned at the idea.
Gods, she was a fool, and to think, he hadn't even gotten a single letter..
but thens he had to consider..
who had? ANd her eyes searched the crowds angrily, for Bren.

Lion

That expression...he knew that look before.  And recalled her most clearly in that moment.  He knew what she intended to do and immediately lunged forward to grab her arm.  "Don't please," he begged her.  "Don't make a scene.  Please.  Just let it go.  Please.  We only just met again.  Please, Renna."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Yanking her hand away from his, she was about to chew him out and explain just why she had to knee his brother in the groin, when her own priorities set in as she held her breath, cheeks puffed. Finally exhaling in attempts to calm herself down,s he grew quiet, but paused a moment to look out into the crowd.
Oh, Bren would pay. She didn't know HOW in that moment. But he would!

Lion

"Look, I-I'm sorry I didn't get any of you're letters.  After your mum and dad died...I didn't know what to send you...Father said it was best if I didn't say anything at all.  I'm sorry," he pressed.  "Well, if you're all right now, I suppose I'll leave you to it now.  It was nice to see you, Renna.  You're very pretty."  He smiled meekly and bowed before ducking his head and moving to turn directly back to the gardens.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Gasping, Renna turned back to where Oakley was just so quick to abandon her on the spot.
"Oakley Brennick!" she said with a stamp of her foot, then a grab to his shirt collar. "Just where do you think you're going? YOu make a big fuss about it being nice to see me after all this time and then are quick to run away!"
Her cheeks were rosy pink now as her blue eyes flashed a bit, hurtfully. Maybe it wasn't his brother that had kept their letters after all. Maybe Oakley didn't want to be her friend anymore.
It would make sense...
especially if he knew what she was to become...
and that today was her first day 'for sale'.

Lion

Oakley blanched immediately when she snatched him by his collar.  He stuttered, saying nothing but gibberish, unable to find his words and peered stunned, at the hurt in her eyes.  "I-I-I-I'm sorry," he murmured.  "I didn't know you wanted me to stay.  Most girls just want me to go away after a hello.  But I guess I forgot you're not like most girls."  He gave a shy laugh before straightening his collar.  "Would you...maybe wanna go on a walk with me?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna gave a snort, but couldn't hide her smile through her anger. She rolled her eyes at him. It seemed not much had changed. He was still the shy boy like before, only this time, he was starting to shape out into a man.

"That seems like a good idea to me. You've got a lot to update me on, Oakley," she said, staring at him with a broad grin, then she waited there, patiently waiting for him to take her arm. "Well, are you going to escort me or not?" she said with a playful laugh.

Lion

Oakley blinked at her.  He smiled meekly before offering his arm. "Sorry," he laughed and proceeded to lead her through the crowd and back out to the gardens.  "I'm not sure where you'd want me to start."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna gave another playful roll of her eyes, accepted his arm and pressed herself close to him.
"The gardens would give us the most privacy. We have a lot to talk about! A lot to catch up on!"
And not to mention, she was already tired of flirting with dirty old men. She figured she had done enough, though as she caught a few gazes from them as she left the room, she went awkwardly quiet, her face going pink.
"And let's move a bit quicker, shall we? I had forgotten your feet are as slow as a snail."

And she took the lead, guiding him out into the gardens before sighing with relief once the pair were immersed a few layers deep within. Then, after checking a few more times to be sure they were alone, she turned back to Oakley with a grin.

"It's nice to see you again after all these years. I was afraid something might have happened to you, but then again, all of Falkenrath would know...."
She idly twisted a toe into the grasses, not sure where to take this conversation as she clasped her hands lightly behind her back.

"So you wanna go first, or should I?"

Lion

He nearly tripped over his own feet when Renna ushered him along to move more quickly into the gardens.  He laughed nervously, trying to avert his eyes.  But even he could feel the fire and strange looks from the various guests that lingered throughout the early levels of the gardens.  She was quick in her movements and Oakley was hard-pressed to keep up with her.

When at last they had some privacy, he took a seat on one of the stone benches and gave another nervous chuckle, though he wasn't sure as to why.  He gestured for her to come closer and welcomed her to sit beside him.  "I-I'm sorry to admit, but...you know me, I-I couldn't lie even if my life depended on it...  But I honestly thought I'd never see you again.  But, now I'm glad I have," he smiled sweetly and opened his hand for her to take.

He blushed and looked at his hands.  "Not much has changed, if you want to know.  I guess I got a little taller.  But I'm the same skinny boy you knew those four or five years ago.  How long has it really been?  I can't remember.  You know me, always caught in my own little world..."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Yes, she never could be mad at Oakley Brennick, and any anger she had quickly faded as she sighed and smiled down at him before graciously taking a seat at his side. Her blue eyes scanned the gardens around them in silence for a moment, her feet kicking lightly beneath her dress.
"Yes, about five years or so," she remarked softly. "I'm sorry it's been so long, but I wasn't allowed to leave my Aunt's manor." And she hesitated before adding, "This was my first real day out."

Then she glanced back over to him, taking him in with a lopsided grin.
"Not much has changed that I couldn't recognize you, Oakley. I still see you've got those long gangily legs and arms." She giggled. "And that puff of curls for hair." And she gave a light pat to his head, giggling more freely. "But I can see you're maturing. I like the stronger jaw look on you. Makes you look more handsome,"s he teased.

He was rather cute in this stage, between a man and a boy; with too large of hands and awkward all over. She found her heart fluttering at the sight. Gods, she had missed him far more than she wanted to admit. After all, he was her only 'real' friend.

Lion

He really was an awkward thing to look at, almost like a young horse just barely finding it's legs as they wobbled underneath him.  His curls once again fell into his face and hid a blush that took his cheeks.  He couldn't take a compliment as it wasn't often he was given one.  He just peered up at her through a head of curls and laughed.

"No," he shook his head.  "I'm just the same plain ol' Oakley.  If anything I got uglier.  But you, you're prettiest girl at the festival!  You're certainly the most fun."  He laughed again.  "You've proaably got lots of boys that like to hang around you, trying for your affections!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Tags: