Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

To Know the Definition for What Life Is (Spice!)

Started by Ivory, September 09, 2013, 07:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivory

"Sure.  A mage.  A person who uses magic?"  He gave his head a shake, then laughed.  "Nevermind.  I don't want to know."  Because if he knew, technically, by law, he'd be required to report her...

"Well, then, where do you plan to go after you leave her?  You must have some destination in mind..."

visualspice

Aelith thought over his words again.
"My only plan was to simply travel. I... have a curiosity for the world."
After all, she knew not how to live outside of Cinta's world. And the time she had lived in freedom before him, as a full human...
She had only fragments of memories to remind her of what it was truly like. Perhaps it's why she studied humans now in silence- it brought back some of those memories she other wise thought might have been forgotten.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"I never did much traveling myself," Redly answered her with an understanding nod.  "When I was younger, I thought I might...but engineers generally don't go out in the field."  In part because many engineers were women.  Redly tended to ignore that point, however...  "Anyway, that suits me.  I have to watch out for my younger siblings."

All nine of them!  ...Well, eight.

"Well, like I said, you're welcome to stay.  And if there's anything I can do for you...  Just ask."

visualspice

"Engineers don't travel?" The woman looked perplexed, but she didn't seem to dwell on that piece of information for long. It was then she noticed the pudding beside her as she stared at it and went quiet.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"Not with the army, anyway," he answered good-naturedly.  "Most engineers are women."  He grinned sheepishly and shrugged.  "But I like blowing stuff up, and the ladies need a hand with the heavy stuff, so I don't mind much.  And having one eye limits my usefulness in the field anyway."

As an after-thought, he added, "Women aren't soldiers.  Not in Connlaoth, anyway.  They stay at home and work, and men do all the fighting and guarding and...well, soldier things like that."

visualspice

Aelith took in all of this with quite an interest on her face, showing a bit more emotion than she might have before- or perhaps a bit more of an understanding.
"So women do not know how to fight?" It was a curious thing to take in, indeed! And it was here she took a moment, after digesting his words, that she now digested what his body looked like. He had so many scars and a patch over his eyes that she was not deterred by it, but rather fascinated. Staring at the patch, she inquired, "So what happened to that eye? Did you lose in during a battle or fight?" She hadn't considered he could have lost it by shrapnel.

Ivory

"Oh, I wouldn't say that," Redly answered good-naturedly.  "It's just that they're not allowed to in any official capacity.  Most Connlaothian women are pretty tough, though."  He certainly wouldn't pick a fight with many of them!

The question about his missing eye made him glance up, and he answered her with a sheepish laugh.  "Nothing so exciting, I'm afraid.  I put too much powder into my gun, and..."  He made an explosion sound.  "I was a lot younger and a lot dumber."  His grin stretched from ear to ear.  "Well, maybe not a lot dumber," he added self-deprecatingly.

visualspice

Aelith continued to stare at his eye patch.
"So you did that to yourself? Did it.hurt?" Though naturally, she knew it would but it was just a question that rather rolled off her tongue without much regard.

Ivory

"I don't remember much to be honest," Redly answered cheerfully.  "But it sure hurt afterwards.  And then it itched like hell.  It took a long time to heal, but..."  He grinned broadly.  "It was about 20 years ago now.  I've had a long time to get used to it.  You can look at it if you like.  But it's pretty much just a gross-looking scar now."

Although, somehow, he didn't think she'd be as disgusted as some.

visualspice

Aelith took in what he said with some thought, before simply stating, "And you never sought a replacement?" Being that her master could just create simple beings from scratch never crossed her mind that most of the world was not quite as technologically or magically as advanced as he. But even at her question, she still stared at the eyepatch and the scars surrounding it with interest.

Ivory

That made him laugh.  It was a heartfelt belly laugh, not to make fun of the idea but simply because he found the idea funny in his jolly way.

"No.  Eyes aren't so easy to replace," he answered with another chuckle.  "You can't just make one and stick it in and have it work.  Besides, I have another.  I can do with one eye what most people need two for."

visualspice

Aelith, not fully understanding the laugh, simply stared at the man as he grinned back at her.
"I suppose you're right. It would prove more difficult if you had none."

Ivory

"Sure would!" Redly announced brightly as he rose to begin cleaning up the plates.  "Some people can be kind of touchy about these things, especially when they lost it doing something as stupid as I did."  Or even stupider!  "But there's no reason to be all prickly about it, I say."  That made him pause.  "Sorry I can't offer you much more than I already have.  We keep things pretty simple here."

visualspice

Aelith studied him, and presumed his last statement was about his lack of eye than lack of food.
"I suppose one does not really need to apologize for their lack of sight. I'm sure others can hardly tell you have any handi-cap due to it being missing."

Ivory

Red's answer was an immediate grin.  "The food.  I was apologizing for not having better food."

After the dishes were safely deposited into the sink, he returned to his chair to regard her with a curious expression.  "Did you want to look at it?  I don't mind showing it off."

visualspice

OOC: LOL Redley WOULD show off his eye 8D
And Aelith, sadly, would accept ._.

-------

Aelith, only then realizing her mistake, stared back at the now empty table,t hen up to Redley when her mind caught up to what he offered. Now staring at the eye patch with interest, she gave a subtle nod. "Yes."

Ivory

"As I said," he began as he gently removed the patch.  It was obvious he had worn the patch for years; where the strap to keep it in place usually lay, his hair was thinner and had grown in at the occasional odd direction.  "It's not much to look at these days."

The scar that the patch had concealed made it clear which way the shrapnel had traveled in doing its damage.  The eye had had to be removed long ago to keep it from becoming infected, resulting in leaving the socket now empty but heavily scarred from the trauma it had endured so long ago.

visualspice

Staring back into the hollow where his eyes had once been, Aelith showed no small sign of being perturbed.  In fact, if anything, she observed the hole in interest. It was a wonder to be able to see a human's face without the eye, for eyes hid the hollow there well that they normally resided within,a nd without so much as an inquiry if it were alright, she gently touched the bottom half of the recess, just slightly above his cheek.

"It makes this side of your face appear more like a skull." She commented, but the way her tone inferred it, again, she was hardly deterred by it as her fingers gently slid along it before she removed her hand and looked up at him. And her eyes continued to look, studying the way the scar had, over time, turned his flesh much whiter  in pieces with a few pink puckered sections that bubbled out into the rest of his chapped skin. Though as she took it in, she was contemplating the story behind it before gesturing wth her hand across the way the shrapnel would have traveled before tilting her head curiously the other way.

"It seems it's been a while it was gone," she commented, knowing he had already said this but saying it none the less. "And yet there's no technology here for them to offer you a spare eye?" It seemed strange. Surely her own master could have thought of something. But then again, it seemed this world was a lot more primitive than her own. Though it did make her wonder...
had Cinta ever caused her to lose an eye... would he have been able to replace it?

Ivory

Red seemed unperturbed by her prodding and observations, his grin only widening when she mentioned it looking skull-like.  He had been through this with most of his family, after all, and he was beginning to view her in the same way he did his younger siblings.

"There aren't really spare eyes," he answered with a laugh.  "Or spare anything.  Flesh rots away if it is too badly damaged.  That's why they had to take the whole eye.  If they left it, it would have gotten infected and probably killed me."

visualspice

Aelith took in what he said and nodded.
"It's the same reason I am part metal. The parts of me that were once there had failed and needed to be replaced."