Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fire and Chaos in the City of Thaedes

Started by visualspice, December 31, 2013, 04:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Kella's heart was racing. Chaos was roaring everywhere, and to witness all of the things she had seen- devastating. Trembling in pain and fear, she was almost too numb to move- though she wouldn't have to. As the group was about to turn around and make a get away- the streets suddenly came alive with roars and Kella found herself flinching back while clutching onto her bleeding wound.

Withint he streets now roared men and woman alike- fighting against the very guards that were seeking to destroy their town. And it was terrible. The number of the dead was quickly multiplying as the chaos rose with the roars of flames that flapped like wicked flags of the devil over the city- and long clouds of smoke were now covering the skies, nearly blotting out the stars.

Realizing the townsfolk were beginning to fight back, rather than flee, Kella grit her teeth.
"The townsfolk- they're... they're now all working together to fight the soldiers."
But it seemed crazy! Especially as, even from where she stood, she could see how useless their effrts were. Sure, some were able to strike down a man or two, but the soldiers had the upper hand.

And then the canons were fired again, slamming into the middle of the city as men were scattered into pieces. Her hands clapped to her ears, the sound nearly deafening her as the ringing sensation made her eyes prickle with tears. She stumbled a little, finding herself dropping to the ground- too dizzy to stand, too dizzy to know what to do in all of this chaos.

And then everything got worse- as the townsfolk began to retreat their way, a wave of soldiers quickly following hot on their heels. Where Kella had remained on the ground, fear now had her suddenly rising off the ground. Her blue eyes widened, the very sight horrible to witness as fear creeped over her and froze her into place.

"Oh, Ansgar save us," she whispered, just as another canon ball tore across the sky.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Another explosion rocked the street as the tall brick building in front of them was struck by one of the cannonballs and sent a deadly rain of stone and wood down, threatening to crush the poor civilians whom were fleeing for their lives. Alastrom knew he shouldn't have tried to save these people because it would cost him and that it would benefit him and Alanna better to let these people die so that he could reserve his mental strength but...he saw Alanna's fearful eyes watching and made up his mind.

"Run, both of you. " Alastrom growled.

Alanna's mouth fell open , "But-"

"I said go!" Alastrom snarled at her angrily and then turned his back on the women, facing the oncoming tide of people that rushed past them. He focused his thoughts on the falling debris , pouring every bit of his mental reserve into slowing their descent until it stopped just a couple feet above the people who hardly noticed as they continued to run for their lives. The weight of debris on his mind was excruciating and he knew that he only had a few precious seconds to reverse the course of their descent and direct it elsewhere. With a cry of pain and defiance, Alastrom raised his hands and made a sweeping gesture towards the incoming soldiers that charged their way as if he were hurling something enormous at them. And, well, he was. The stone debris came crashing down on the first dozen soldiers that drew close  , crushing them to death before they could scream.

This slowed the oncoming soldiers now whom eyed the mage warily, but this didn't deter them. The bastards were still coming though much more cautiously now. Alastrom turned around only to see that neither Alanna nor Kella had listened to him and he was pissed, "You – I told you to- !"

"Kill the mages! Shoot them! "Their captain shrieked the command, drawing his sword and pointing the glinting steel with murderous gusto at Alastrom.  Surely, the mage couldn't stop every bullet no matter how powerful he was! And , he wasn't wrong!

"Shit! Run!" Alastrom got behind the women and shoved  them stumbling forward. And run they did , bullets zipping past them and missing by a generous range .  As they ran , Alastrom turned and thrust a hand out toward one of the buildings, causing the top to crumble and topple down into the leaders of his charging foes.  Half a dozen men screamed in unison and before they were crushed. 

"Well, if they weren't going to kill us before, they're DEFINETELY going to kill us now!"  Alanna panted as they ran. Though she feared for her life, she and Alastrom were used to running with soldiers (usually mordecai) snapping at their heels. They'd come close to death so many times, she considered, that it was like some big running joke that Ansgar just wouldn't stop telling. The bastard.

They were following the other fleeing civilians but Alastrom suddenly veered left and headed east. Alanna skidded to a stop and turned to move after him, "Where the hell are you going!? Everyone's going THAT way!"

Alastrom kept moving but he reduced his pace a bit to allow the slower women to catch up, "Exactly."

"What?! Are you insane!? "

She paused to consider that. Yeah. What was she thinking? Of COURSE her guardian was crazy!

"Those people are running towards a dead end. There's another force lying in wait for them on the other side. "

"WHAT!? " Alanna called after him incredulously. "You're saying they're going to run right into a trap?!"

"Yeah."

Alanna shook her head angrily, "We should help them, Al! We-"

Alastrom turned into a deserted alley and followed it, suddenly pausing at the end and holding a hand up to signal the women to be be still. He followed up with a gesture of silence and nodded ahead, watching half a dozen soldiers run by. He waited a few moments before turning to them slightly, "Clear. Move. "

They continued running until they reached a quieter section of the eastern side of town. Soldiers still prowled the streets but in far greater numbers here for it seemed that nearly everyone in this section of town had been massacred. Countless bodies littered the streets. Men, women, children and the occasional soldier but it was mostly unarmed people that lie dead. Many of the buildings and homes lining either side of the street were mostly untouched, however . Only a few burned and Alastrom, carefully stepping over the bodies made his way over to one house and tried the door. It was locked .

Alanna followed closely behind him, trying not to pay attention to the bodies and the faces of the dead that she walked over. But she couldn't help it. She looked and ...she'd almost made it to where her guardian stood when she doubled over and started retching uncontrollably, the sight and smell of the slain finally having taken their toll on her mind and senses, making her sick beyond imaging.

Alastrom growled and kicked the door in. He paused before the doorway and glanced back over his shoulders, searching for any sign of watching soldiers. So far, so good. This could serve as a temporary hiding place, "In here. Quickly." He instructed.

visualspice

Kella wasn't one to doubt the offer of help. Her mind was racing too fast for her senses to catch up- so if Alastrom commanded it- she obeyed. Blindly running, she pulled up the rear and by the time they reached the houses, she was nearly out of breath. Her throat hurt so badly, it burned. Even her lungs were aching as she doubled over to catch her breath, just in time to notice all of the carnage splayed before them- painting the streets.

Dead men, women and children lay in bloodied clothing- some dismembered, others still groaning wiht the last few breaths of life- but the majority lay still and the air was chillingly quiet. Fires roared but the air still remained cold, and afew buildings began to crumble while soldiers stalked the outskirts of the chaos, their commander's echoes ringing throughout the streets.

And there, before her feet lay a hand, completely severed from the rest of it's body which lay in a crumpled heep just a few paces away. Slapping a hand over her lips, she felt herself swoon. Where Alanna might have vomitted, the noble woman passed out.

Though a moment later she came around the world spinning and her legs feeling useless. She blinked, barely catching Alastrom kicking a door in before closing her eyes again.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

"What are you waiting for!? " Alastrom snapped, his fear and impatience getting the better of his usual calm. He whirled around to find both women giving into the shock and horror of witnessing genocide. Alastrom paused for a moment, taking in the sights now more clearly and felt his stomach wrenching, but he forced himself to focus on survival. He was frustrated , but he knew that yelling wasn't going to encourage either of them to move. He went over to Alanna first and placed a gentle hand on the small of her back, "Come on. We're almost there. " He bent down to retrieve her discarded sword and pressed it gently in her hands, "Be strong, girl and keep your blade ready." He pointed towards the open, waiting door. Alanna choked a sob and wiped the vomit from her lips, but she nodded and , took a few seconds to force composure to the best of her ability and move forward.

Seeing his charge was on the right path, Alastrom turned and moved over to Kella's side . "Come, miss. You too." He helped her to her feet and guided her to the door, following behind Alanna.

The interior of the home was ,for the most part, pitch black and silent as the grave. Alanna stumbled over her feet a couple times even as she proceeded forward with caution. "It's creepy in here, Al." She whimpered quietly. "I don't think-"

"Better here than the open, "Alastrom replied from behind Kella softly. " Be on your guard. The door was locked and the windows are boarded. Someone's in here." And having said that, he closed the door behind them. "Stay together."
Alanna moved further into the room and saw at the far end a doorway dimly illuminated. Beyond that was a kitchen , a square table in its center with a pair of candles lit but there was no sight of anyone. "Let's head for the light." Alastrom instructed and they made their way to the kitchen. He pointed to Kella, "You. Sit. You're wounded. " He turned to Alanna, "Alanna, " he reached for one of the candles on the table and handed it to her," Look for anything we can use to treat the lady's wound. Keep your sword ready. I'm going to bar the door in case someone tries to come in. It won't stop the soldiers but it will slow them down and give us time if they do come sweeping back through here to make sure everyone is dead.  Everyone keep your eyes peeled for danger. We don't know who is in here or whose side they're on. "

It only took a few minutes to scan the house and make sure that it was secure. His task complete , Alastrom made his way back to the kitchen and took a seat next to Kella, "Here, let's take a look at the damage." He reached for her arm and proceeded to pull back the bloodied sleeve.

visualspice

By the time he was situated inside, Kella had come around and was a lot more cognitive, but Alastrom moving over her felt like a dream. The world was hazy and there was barely any light, and she had almost forgotten about the seering pain of her arm until he began to pull back her bloodied sleeve and she let out a cry of pain. A gloved hand shot over his, tearing it away from her.
"Please don't touch me!" she exclaimed, her lips quivering, and her body soon trembling as she hugged the injured arm closer to her chest. Her eyes met to his and filled with fearful tears.

Gods, he had almost touched her!

Paradox

Alastrom's usual stony expression twisted with naked astonishment. He rocked back on his heels, blinking a few times and staring at her as though he'd just been slapped. And he came to the immediate conclusion , because he didn't know any better , that she was terrified of him. And he couldn't blame her . There wasn't a soul in Connlaoth who wasn't afraid of what the mage was capable of. But, surely she had enough sense in her to understand that if he was a threat to her, that he wouldn't have gone through such pains to drag her along with him and Alanna even if this woman had supposedly saved his ward's life.

Perhaps it was the shock of the situation or maybe now that there was a moment of reprieve the realization that he was a sinner had sunk in.
Some Connlaothians could be so damned narrow and heartless and it pained him. He turned away slightly to mask his slightly aggrieved feelings in shadow,  "Sorry." He replied, his deep voice so soft that she could barely hear him. "Don't be frightened. I won't hurt you. I just want to help, but in order to do that I need for you to trust me. " He turned back to look at her, his eyes pleading with her to cooperate.

visualspice

Kella remained pale and cowering away from him, the bleeding arm still hugged close.
"N-no!" she stated, shaking her head. "You don't understand I... the wound I-" And she fumbled over the right words.
"I can do it myself!"

But probably not. She had no real skills in wound treatment, but the very real fear of harming someone else in all of this chaos, which she now blamed herself for- among so many other things her presence seemed to damn, left her on edge and trembling before him as tears sparkled and trickled down from her eyes.

Paradox

"No, I don't understand." Alastrom quirked a brow at her curiously, " Assuming that you possess medical knowledge and skill, you're still hindered by the fact that you only have one good arm to work with. I know how to treat a sword wound and I have two capable hands with which to help you. Let me help you, please. I won't use any magic if that's what you're afraid of. "

visualspice

"No, no," she said, still flinching back from him. "It's not that. You can't touch me. I.." and here, she hesitated over the words. How could she tell anyone? It was always a secret. Only a handful ever knew about the truth. She shook her head. "I'm a mage, too"s he spoke softly. "I don't want to hurt you."
And he had no idea how much damage just a simple touch could do.

Paradox

"Uh..." Alastrom knew how dangerous some magics could be so the comment did not surprise him quite so much as it might have others. However, he would have never guessed in a million years what her power might have been. He assumed that what she meant was she was one of the untrained mages. Those with powers they couldn't control due to inexperience. Alanna was like that when Mordecai were not present. Thankfully, of late, there were plenty around to keep her powers in check until he could take her to Serendipity and find mages to help her tame her power so she didn't hurt others or herself.

"Okay..." He said slowly, still looking very confused. He took a seat next to her , " Miss, you don't need to protect me. I will be fine ,but you won't if you do not let me clean that wound. "

visualspice

Kella flinched back.
"No... no I can do it. Really I..." and she cringed, lowering her face shamefully.
"You have no idea what I'm capable of."
After all... one touch could kill.

Paradox

"Stop being so god damned cryptic!" Alatrom snapped, his patience worn thin from the stress, from the incessant, almost unbearable pounding in his head. "I didn't risk my life and Alanna's to save yours for you to be a stubborn fool!"

Alanna slipped quietly into the room then and hesitantly approached the table with a worried and uncertain expression on her face, "I heard shouting. " She offered timidly as she deposited a cloth bag on the table. "So um...I thought ...." She glanced at Kella and then at Alastrom whose angry expression caused her to shrink back nervously. She knew the man would never hurt any soul that didn't deserve it, but his anger was rare and scary.

"I-I found some herbs and sewing kit. " She added softly, her tone nervous and her slight frame quaking. "U-um... Mam taught me how to make a salve once. I made some..." She rummaged through the bag she'd set on the table and set the bowl of slave down and the sewing kit beside that. She then handed him a damp rag.

"Alright, Miss, you have the tools that you need. Get to work. "  However , the moment Kella turned her gaze from him, distracted , Alastrom grabbed her arm before she could protest. A swift movement, it was though not too hard it might have still hurt her. And little did he know that it was about to hurt him even more.

With his grip on her wrist and a wet rag in hand, he proceeded to lightly wash the blood away. And it was hardly unnoticeable at first. Just a slight, uncomfortable burning sensation that burned in an uncomfortable but tolerable way. No stranger to pain , Alastrom easily ignored it and in spite of Kella's protests , he would not let go until he'd finished. He worked quickly, efficiently and had he known the truth of the situation , he would have worked a hell of a lot faster but it wasn't until he began applying the salve that he realized something wasn't quite right. Still, he continued on even as the pain intensified until it spread throughout the entire body. It felt almost like a fire had been lit inside of him. Everything burned , everything hurt but he'd felt worse. He finished apply the salve and began stitching the wound closed.  At this point, Alastrom was faltering in his movements, his skin paled and he sweating profusely, his expression twisting with anguish. His hand started to shake, his mind was losing focus. He growled softly, determined to finish before he surrendered to whatever force it was that was trying its damndest to hinder him.

Three quarters of the way through the stitching, he was overwhelmed. Accompanied by the burning it felt like something was reaching inside of him, tearing at his mind and ripping it apart. Alastrom hastily bit the thread from the needle, tied it off and let go of her and when he did turned his back on her, doubled over ,clutching his head fiercely and fighting hard not to scream. He covered his mouth and released a howl of pain until he was red of face and robbed of breath.

"Al? Alanna rushed over to him, "What's wrong ? "

Alastrom slapped her hand away and snapped, "Shut up and get away from me!"

The girl drew back sharply, looking as though she'd be slapped.

"God...I feel ...like ...my head..." Alastrom stood up , wobbled on his feet and collapsed. Shortly after, his world was dark.

visualspice

Kella let out a cry, and fought fiercely the moment his skin met to hers.
"No! You don't understand!" she cried, but when the man didn't seemed phased by her powers- her face twisted and words got tangle dinside her throat-
Was.. was.. he rpowers gone? Or he... was this man immune to them?
Blinking, she continued to stare at him; but as it was every time when her powers worked- she knew it had to be affecting him- becuase she began to see images from his mind.. from his past pull into her- and the warmt ha nd tingling sensation that entailed.

She could see a time long ago... there was laughter from Alanna- she had been so young, s care free...
then she could also see the horrors of a fight, and even slight moments when he was laughing as he killed.

That moment tore her from her shock as she began to fight his attempts to heal her again.
"No, no! YOu don't understand- when you touch me, you'll-"

But it seemed too late- and the man, acting strangely made her realize with a gasp.
"Oh Gods.. did I kill him?" and she shot to her feet, staring down at Alastorm's form in horror.

Paradox

Alanna rushed over to him and knelt down beside him. She reached for his throat and pressed her fingers hard against the primary vein. She felt the slow throb of his heartbeat and , shortly following, the soft but shallow breath on her arm. She sighed with relief and shook her head, "No. He's...he's okay, I - I think. " She trembled, not quite sure what was going on. "Sometimes ...he ...gets weird and mean and he passes out. I...don't know why. He doesn't talk about it. Ever. He thinks he can hide it from me, but I've known something was wrong. I've known for some time. " She shrugged and shook her head, " I just don't ask him because it's pointless. Al is so stubborn and tight-lipped." Alanna glanced back over her shoulder at Kella, " I'm sorry if he was kind of mean to you. Al is...he's not very good at talking to people and he is kinda...intimidating , but he really does mean well.  "

She stood up and turned to face Kella and gestured to her arm , " I can help finish stitching that arm up for you. "

visualspice

Kella stared in disbelief and whispered, "No..."
And when Alanna stepped forward, she suddenly jerked her arm back protectively.
"NO!" she cried eyes wavering with tears. "You can't touch me! I could hurt you too like I hurt him! My skin.. if you touch it.. you don't realize.. I.. I'm cursed!"

Paradox

Alanna took a step back , staring at the woman as if she were crazy, but then she nodded, "Well, okay . Suit yourself , lady ,but if I don't do it then you should probably finish the job or the wound's just going to reopen , making Al's work a waste of time. And he'd probably be pretty cross about that... "

She wrinkled her nose, "So you're a mage too?" Oh. Shit. She forgot she wasn't supposed to go around telling people she was. Well, Al was unconscious so he couldn't get mad and this strange lady was nice and had saved her life so she was alright in Alanna's book. "What do you mean though? You hurt people because they touch you? That's..." She didn't know what to say to something like that because she couldn't imagine . "...So sad. I'm sorry." She felt so sorry for Kella that she wanted to cry.

"Why didn't you just tell him that?" Surely, Alastrom wouldn't have been hurt if she'd been honest. Strangely, Alanna did not feel as angry as she knew that she probably should have. Part of her imagined that Kella must have been afraid to share such a horrible knowledge of what she was capable of with others. Especially in Connlaoth. Alanna couldn't blame her for she had not even shared her identity as a mage with the Free Folk.

Alanna went quiet for awhile, "You know, we never did catch your name. I'm Alanna , did I already say that earlier? I don't recall. Sorry. I'm ...so- nerves. " She laughed nervously and her eyes shifted over to Alastrom's still form.  "Um...and that fool on the ground is my guardian, Alastrom. "

visualspice

At Alanna's suggestion to tend to the wound, she peered down at the stitch work then back at the girl, but did nothing about it. Instead, she listened to what the girl was saying and only began to realize- the only name she thought for this girl was a boy's name- but perhaps she heard wrong? Though at first, she just presumed the girl was a boy.

Smiling towards Alanna, she nodded and acknowledged the names.

"I'm Kella," she said, pressing her lips together. "Kella Harmond." And glancing down at her hands she smiled a bit nervously, but the smile was force as she showed some teeth. "And it's not so bad I... I just can't touch people and if I do, I have to be sure I wear long sleeves and gloves."
And she fussed over the gloves she wore now, and frowned a bit at her torn clothing, an the half patched up wound.

"So you're bth mages?" she said, finally looking over at Alanna, then to Alastrom. "What..>" she began to say, before swallowing back a lump in her throat. "What's his power?"

Paradox

Alanna did not miss the look of subtle bewilderment twisting Kella's delicate features as she spoke her name. Her smile widened and her amusement grew. She could only imagine that the woman must have been thinking it was so odd for a boy to have been given a girl's name. Maybe she'd put Kella's suspicion to rest a little later, but for now it tickled her that the lady was left to guess. Alanna could be a little mean tease  like that at times.

She nodded and frowned a bit as Kella tried to downplay her own suffering. Was the woman being genuine, Alanna wondered, or was she humbly lying to repel sympathy and guilt in the process? Alanna knew someone like that...

"Kella Harmond. " Alanna repeated the name and the surname meant nothing to her. She was from Allar, not Turgall and even in Allar she couldn't even know (let alone care) to name even a quarter of all the important people from her home.

She nodded, and walked closer to the woman then pulled her into a brief but gentle embrace and there was no hesitation in Alanna's movements because the girl was clad from head to toe. Even her hands were covered to mask their delicacy, " Nice to meet you, Kella. " She released the nervous woman and stepped back, her smiling expression as bright and warm as a sunny day which clouded a bit at the inquires about magehood and of Alastrom.

Alanna wrinkled her nose and chewed nervously on her bottom lip a bit, " Well, I'm kinda not supposed to talk about it but I trust you so, yes. We are mages." She turned her head to regard Alastrom, " Al is what some people call an earth mage. He can move and shape rocks, earth and metal even. He bends it to his will, I think. I've seen him punch through a man's armor and break his bones. I've seen him melt a sword to liquid . He can stop stone from falling and crushing people , as you might have seen tonight. One time he was able to make his skin so hard that a soldier with a mace couldn't put a dent on him. That was when I was little...it was so cool..." and then she giggled, "And you should have seen the look on their dumb faces. It was priceless!" 

She composed her mirth and shook her head, " Mordecai are afraid of him because most of them can't stop him. That's why the church wants him dead . Ever since he found me and took me in, we've always been running because everyone is afraid of us and we don't belong anywhere. " Her frame drooped for a moment and her heart weighed heavily with sadness, but she forced herself to perk up and force a laugh, a grin and a careless shrug, " Ah well, me and Al are leaving this shit hole for good. We're going to Serendipity! At least the people there will treat us like we're human beings. "

Well, that was the plan anyway and even though things looked grim now, she was sure that Al would figure something else out because he always did.

((Lucky you! You got post number 2,000))

visualspice

OOC: Woo! Lucky 2000 XD
------

Kella digested all of this information in silence. An earth mage? She wondered if that was the peculiar sensation she had felt when she felt his memories suck into her. There were memories, and something else. Glancing down at her gloved hands, she then looked to Alastorm's form and bit into her lip, and it was only then she began to realize he looked a bit familiar- and then she recalled a certain man she had met from earlier.

Aryn Ohlund; the man with the iron hand. Though the two obviously had their differences, she found it ironic she was thinking about Aryn now. She internally shook off the thought and glanced over towards Alanna.
"It must be exciting to have such powers,"s he spoke, a soft smile gracing her lips. "But what about you?" She tilted her head subtly, and curiously at Alanna. "You're a mage, too. What sort of power do you possess?"

Their conversation was definitely helping, at least alittle, in making the woman forget her woes. After all, a battle was raging all around them-a nd they had a moment, quietly tucked away from it all. Though she was still afraid, her body stll lightly trembling- but this moment's distraction was a nice moment of peace- even if it might be short lived.

Paradox

"Yeah. It's SO cool! I wish my magic could work like his does cause then I'd kick ass!" She grinned, imagining raining fire and lightening and tornadoes and a tidal wave down on stupid Krah and his stupid army. Of course, it didn't occur to her in that moment that innocent people would likely get caught up in the crossfire of her magic but...

Oh! She blinked and shook her head, extracting herself from her daydreams in time to catch Kella's question, " Me? Well, Al says he thinks I'm an elementalist. You know what that means? I can make fire, water, air , earth do stuff but ...I'm not very good. " She laughed. "I don't know how to control what I do which is part of the reason Al wants to go to Serendipity. People can help me there.  I've...um... done some stuff on accident. I sent one boy's pants on fire once," she giggled, " but don't worry. The asshole deserved it!"

Alanna tilted her head slightly, her expression curious, "So, were you going to-"

A soft groan from Alastrom interrupted the conversation . The man opened his eyes slowly and stared up at the dark ceiling, "Ansgar,what ...happened?"He clasped a hand over his forehead and grimaced. The pain he'd felt earlier thundered in his skull, ever present and stronger than usual. "Alanna?"

"I'm here." Alanna moved away from Kella to kneel down beside her guardian and place a hand on his shoulder, "Are you okay?"

There was a long pause. Alastrom drew in a sharp breath and forced himself to sit upright, "Yes." The response sounded forced. It was obvious that he was lying but Alanna knew better than to point that out because no matter how much she bagered him, he wouldn't admit otherwise.

"So, Al, this is Kella..."

Alastrom looked over his shoulder at Kella , surprised to see that she was still there. He immediately turned his gaze away from her, embarrassed by his sudden blackout, "Sorry. I don't know what happened. I guess I'm tired." He leaned forward and covered his face with his hands, hiding the agony that twisted his usually calm face. "How's the arm? Did you finish patching her up, Alanna?"

"Er...well, uh..." Alanna chuckled nervously and glanced at Kella. "Actually Al, um...that's kind of not a good idea."

"What?" Alastrom uncovered his face and looked at them both. "What do you mean? "

Alanna shrugged and pointed at Kella, "I'll let her explain it to you. "