Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hot Pink Dissidence [M]

Started by visualspice, April 02, 2014, 08:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Valia gave a nod. She took in each thing he said, but not much of it actually sunk in. But the tone of his voice was nice to listen to, and it helped relax her. So at the suggestion of sleeping in a bed, she gave an eager nod.
"Yes, I should like that very much," she said quietly.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Trev smiled and nodded.  "As you wish, my lady."

She was beginning to get some of her color back, he noticed, thanks to the food and the heat of the fire.  It was a good sign, he thought; it was not good for someone to be so dreadfully pale for so long!

Once again, she was swept into his arms and carried into the bedroom.  Upon further inspection, he had discovered that she would have to spend the night in Red's room; Illi, wherever she was, had apparently taken her pillows and heavier quilts with her.  And, besides, Red's room was actually closer to the livingroom, so it would be easier for Trev to keep an eye on the young lady.

The bed was already unmade, with the covers pulled back invitingly.  He set her down tenderly and began to graciously tuck her in.  "Is there anything else I can get you before you go to sleep?"

visualspice

Once set into the bed, she practically melted into it. It was nothing like the fancy, feathered beds she was used to back at Orchy, or even when she was growing up in Highheart, but she was in no position to complain, nor would she want to. So when his question was posed, she shook her head.
"No... but I.. I should like it if you'd stay with me," she said, her hand finding his. "At least until I fall asleep."
After all,s he still feared what might happen if her eyes were to close. What if those men came back? And the very idea made her go stiff with fear.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

The flickering of a light in his house, at first, did not alarm the eldest of the Treyburn brood as he made his way towards his small house.  He was accustomed to his sister's presence, ever a cheerful source of company...as well as delicious food.  He quickly constructed a list in his head of the meals she might be concocting -- something terribly practical, of course, thanks to their limited income -- but wonderful, nonetheless. 

He could all-but smell the scents of roasted meats when it suddenly dawned on him that it was quite late at night for his sister to be awake.  In fact, not only was it late, but that silhouette that had moved against the window was not very feminine in the least...  And, besides, Illi was meant to be on holiday...

His eye narrowed slightly at the thought that, perhaps, bandits had found his little cottage...but if they thought acquiring his things would be easy, they were about to learn a very painful lesson about stealing from a Treyburn...

Valia's request had made Trevian smile and nod.  "I'll just go get a chair," he answered her gently.  The bed wasn't that big -- his brother had obviously given up on the idea of marriage -- and it would have been rather improper for him to sit down beside her...  But a chair placed beside the bed would be proper...even if it would give him an ache in his neck come morning.

There was good reason to believe they were safe -- at least, for the time being.  Night had fallen quickly, which would have made it difficult for the men searching for her to track them to the cottage...and, over the packed, well-travelled road they had taken to arrive here, it would have been nearly impossible in the first place.  Besides, it was unlikely he had been recognized -- and, if, on the off-chance the kidnappers had recognized his family crest, there was no reason for them to assume he hadn't continued on to the Treyburn Estate, merely a few hours travel from this very place.  Redly had been disinherited so long ago he was all-but forgotten as he languished here...even, sometimes, by the Treyburns themselves.

As he picked up a chair, he had nearly convinced himself that there was no reason for him to be so anxious when he heard something that sounded too much like a footfall from the hallway outside of Valia's room.

It was probably nothing...but he left the chair and drew his sword, just in case.

Redly moved cautiously through the house.  Long years spent here had taught him which floorboards creaked and which doors required careful opening.  Like a ghost, he moved from the back door through the kitchen to the narrow hallway from which the bedrooms sprang.  His goal was to reach his bedroom, where he kept his sword.

He opened the door softly and slipped inside, surprised to find that this room, too, had been inhabited by the brigands.  A fire warmed the room from the hearth, throwing flickering shadows out over the room.  Beneath the heavy covers of his bed, he could make out a figure.

A very feminine figure.

It was odd enough that it made him pause and strain his eye to make out more detail.  Well, women could be brigands as well, he supposed, as the woman suddenly noticed his presence.  Her scream was almost deafening -- almost.  By some miracle, he heard the squeak of the floorboard behind him calling out its warning.

There was a cloaked figure standing in the doorway of Valia's room -- and a quick glance around seemed to confirm that he was alone.  From the backside, he wasn't particularly impressive in stature or build -- but that made him no less dangerous if he was determined to kidnap Valia back.

Trevian was so intent on his goal that he hadn't quite realized the floorboard beneath his foot had creaked until the man turned.  (How could he hear anything over Valia's scream?)  Whoever he was, Trevian thought, he had damned good hearing and rather impressive reflexes -- oh, and a pair of pistols.

The soldier found himself staring down the barrel of a pistol, already armed, pointed at his face; a second gun had been pointed at Valia.  His own sword, half-raised to strike, seemed a bit ineffective suddenly...until he raised his gaze from the weapons to the face of the man holding them.

An eyepatch.  And a scar.  "About time you got home."  Trev ignored the one-eyed man as he unarmed both guns and thrust them back into his belt with a practiced air about him.  His own sword also returned to where it belonged as he crossed the room in a few long strides.  "It's alright, my lady.  There's no need to be frightened.  This is my brother."

visualspice

"You're brother?!" Valia squeaked, unable to decipher if she should be angry or elated, so she chose to remain exasperated as she stared at the pair of them. "So this.. this is... your brother, whom owns this simple shack?"
And soon Valia found herself shaking, both out of rage and impotence. To think.. yet another man would have to see her in such a state. It was enough to bring back fresh tears to her hot pink eyes as she drew the blankets more securely and more closely against her form.

Ivory

"That's the guy," Trevian answered with a nod.

To his credit, Redly was reacting fairly well to this blatant invasion of his home.  With his guns safely holstered, he swept his hood off of his head and momentarily vanished.  When he returned, the cloak and his boots alike were missing, and he remained in the doorway with a look of fatherly disapproval.

Shack?  Redly frowned at the pair of them, then cleared his throat.  "Trevian, can I see you outside for a minute?"

"I'll be right back, my lady."  Trevian offered Valia a smile that had broken a thousand Connlaothian hearts, then followed Red to the doorway.

"Trevian, why are you here?"  Although he spoke quietly, no doubt, the lovely lady would be able to hear the conversation.

"This is Lady Valia Coleridge," he answered softly.

"The Lady Valia Coleridge?"  Redly's voice dropped to match Trevian's.  His expression darkened, and he took a step forward as his voice lowered further.  "Trevian, why is she here?"  It was remarkable, but, somehow, Redly was managing to loom over the taller man.

It took him a moment to understand, but, when he did, Trevian responded to the suspicion with a roll of his eyes.  "I found her, Red.  On the road.  I'm just trying to help her."

"Did you have something to do with her disappearance?"

Trev blinked, then put out both hands before him with his palms outwards and a solemn expression.  "No.  Angsar's beard, no.  Of course not.  I just found her a few hours ago.  We're lying low here until morning, then heading to the palace."

Some of the anger disappeared from the engineer's face.  "Is she alright?"  His green eye moved from Trevian to the girl on the bed.  "What happened to her?"

Trev shook his head slightly, then clapped his brother on the shoulder.  "I hope so.  And I don't know for sure."

"What can I do to help?"

Trev's grin returned in full force as he crossed his arms over his chest.  "I was hoping you'd ask me that...  Lady Coleridge," he said, stepping back into the room and addressing the young woman.  "I would like to introduce you to my eldest brother, Redly."

Immediately feeling like he'd just made a mistake (because Trevian's plans somehow always made him feel that way), Red followed his brother into the room.  "I'm sorry, Lady Coleridge.  Trevian has explained the situation to me.  Please, feel free to make yourself at home during your stay."

visualspice

Valia heard everything, and had not realized her breath had been held until the men stepped into the room. THe second she peered up at Red, she released her breath and clung onto the bed sheet that still kept her modest. Not that she was indecent, it just, felt quite awkward for her to be here, in a bed...
with two men looking at her...
and two men that knew... knew what had happened, or at least the gist of it.

But for the life of her, the only thing she could think to request was...
"To go home. All I want to do is go home. If you can help get me there, I'll pay you anything, anything you want."

Ivory

"No payment is necessary," the eldest Treyburn answered with a fatherly smile that suggested kindness ran in the family.

"Indeed.  With Red here, we can divide our forces, so to speak.  Without knowing the strength of the forces of those who had you, I'd rather err on the side of caution, my lady.  Your husband has been scouring the country for any trace of you.  He rides armed, accompanied by several of his best men -- better protection than we could provide you on our own.  I would like you to write him a letter, Lady Coleridge, telling him of our intent to travel to the palace by the East Road.  Red will find him and deliver it to him, and, with any luck, he'll meet us en route."

That seemed a tall order...  "How will I find him?" Red asked, quite sensibly.

"He visited Lord Michele two days ago.  He's been working his way east along the Uthlyn Road.  Unless he's changed his pace, he probably spent last night at one of the inns near the crossroads.  By the time you reach him tomorrow, you should be able to come back to the East Road and come south to meet us."  Trevian's explanation faltered, then, and he glanced to Valia.

"My lady, if you would like to travel on to the palace, we can send word ahead to them as well.  It is, of course, closer than your home is...  But if you should like to return straight to your estates, I would understand."

visualspice

Valia wasn't certain how to respond. This had all happened very fast and had her head spinning. She, herself, wasn't entirely sure how they ought to go about it, but reminding her of the dangers made her cringe.
"Will we be safe when we travel?" She asked, shivering. One of the men, he...." And her sentence trailed off. "He was both man and beast." And her voice came out so quietly as she spoken, her tone as delicate as glass.

Ivory

Man and beast?  Redly looked even more deeply concerned, while Trevian covered up his concern with an easy smile.  "Well, he obviously can't out-run a horse, or I think he would have done that to start with, don't you?"  Logic!  Sort of.  "But if what you say is true, it's best we stay ahead of them.  They may be able to track our scent, so we should keep moving, I think."

Red chimed in then.  "You're of course welcome to stay, my lady, for as long as you like.  But, if you leave in the morning, you will be reunited with your husband by midday.  If you stay here, Lord Coleridge probably won't reach you until nightfall."  That is, assuming he was where Trevian thought he was...  "The other option, obviously, is we could take her to Brax's--"

"--But I don't want to put Brax out," Trevian interrupted, shooting his brother a warning look.  Was he insane?  Ma would have this whole thing turned around before either of them knew what was happening if they took her there...  While, by all rights, it should be Brax returning her -- technically -- Trev could serve his family just as well (and probably better) by returning her himself.

visualspice

Valia's belly was doing loops and she found herself growing clammy and.nervous as she shifted beneath the bed sheet.
"Yes... Leaving come morning should suffice I... We.. we shouldn't keep my husband waiting." Even though now she dredded this reunion more than anything, she still yearned to see him, but she felt ten times more defeated than she had ever.had.in her entire life. She had to wonder... Would he cast her out for this? After all, she had slept with other men.... Even if it was not really her choice.

Ivory

"Red, can you go get some paper and ink?  And something for her to write on?"

The eldest nodded and vanished back in the direction of the kitchen.  Once he had gone, Trevian turned his attention to Valia was a sympathetic smile.  "It's going to be alright, my lady.  If there's anything you need, you have but to ask.  I'll stay as long as you need me here."

Gently, softly, he added, "And don't worry about Red.  It's tacky to disclose the details of a lady's personal life.  Not to mention, rude."  In short, Red didn't know the details -- and he never would, unless she told him herself.

visualspice

Valia gave a nervous sigh and shake of her head.
"Y-yes, a letter." Though when the paper and pen were given to her, she frowned as she stared at the blank page.
"Some time... alone, if you will," she said, peering up towards the two men. "I want my note to my husband to see by his eyes and his eyes alone." Though truthfully, she had no idea what to say. What could be said? It was all so crazy, like some terrible, rotten dream.

Ivory

"Just call when you're done, my lady.  Red will start out tonight to reach him as soon as possible."  Trevian's warm smile soon vanished into the kitchen, accompanied by his brother.

Once there, Red began to pick through the left-overs, and the pair fell into an easy, murmured conversation about where they could find one Lord Coleridge and approximately where Trevian should expect to meet him.

visualspice

It took Valia an eternity before beginning to write the letter. She dreaded the permanence of the ink, the finality it's words rendered and the meaning behind each. It was said strokes spoke volume, and she, through trembling fingers, had a hard time scratching out the right words to say. They weren't even that well formed, but by the end of it she did not care. ANd as it stood, the letter read:

Dearest Gabe,

I can not begin to describe my elation for having been found by Lord Trevian Treyburn. He has promised to deliver me safely beneath his guardianship, and this letter, I hope finds you well. I shall be home safely to you soon. The days have not been kindly. I can not wait to be home. I wish for this whole mess to be forgotten. Life has been a nightmare.

Valia

Though she hesitated to write more, she fell short of writing love, or any other notes of something amorous, for she was too ashamed to. What right did she have now to those affections, after so many years of shaming him and denying her husband his rights from his own wife? She waited for the ink to dry on the paper before folding it thrice and rising from the bed.

The door creaked open, and there she stood, letter in hand.

"It is written," she spoke softly, half her body hidden in the shadows of the dark.

Ivory

The men exchanged a glance, then, as one, rose.  Trevian retrieved the letter, while Red threw on his cloak.  Pistols were tucked back into his belt, hidden, hopefully, from the driving rain by the thick, waterproof material of his cloak, and then the letter joined them.  "I'll find your husband, Lady Coleridge.  You'll see him again soon."

Glancing at Trevian, he gave him a stern, fatherly look, "Be careful, Trev."

"I'm always careful."

Red snorted.  "You're never careful.  And come back to visit sometime when you aren't neck-deep in trouble."

The pair shared a quick, brotherly hug, and then Red left the pair alone once again.

"Sorry about that," Trevian apologized with a charming smile.  "We'll have you home with your family soon."

visualspice

"I.... might... might I inquire some time alone? I... if I'm to meet with my husband, I ought to get ready,"s he said, pink eyes peering up at him timidly.

Ivory

"Red's gone on ahead, but we won't leave until morning.  It's safer here right now, and, unless I'm mistaken, you could use a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed."  Comfortable, here, was a relative term.  "I'll leave you alone if you want, my lady, but don't trouble yourself with thoughts of leaving until morning."

visualspice

Valia gave a slow nod, not saying a word. She feared her nerves would come out in her voice, and the idea of seeming so weak made her frown.
"Yes.. come morning. Thank you," she finally said softly, and waited for him to close the door.

Ivory

(OOC: Fast-forwarding so poor Moonie doesn't have to keep waiting too long!)

Morning came swiftly, finding the little house and its residents still in one piece.  Trevian was up early to put together some breakfast (and found himself cursing Red's bare cupboards once again) of eggs-in-a-basket and finely chopped potatoes for breakfast.  There was no juice to be found, so they would have to settle for water once again.

A pretty little outfit was found and subsequently set out for Valia.  Unlike her usual clothing, this was of a stout wool and, though feminine, made for warmth.  He also borrowed a cloak from Illi's room for her to wear, should the rain decide to start once again.

He was also borrowing a pistol from Red -- just in case he should have need of a weapon with some range.  He didn't like the sound of this man-beast-thing...and it worried him, somewhat, that such a being might be able to track their scent, even in the rain, and keep up with their over-burdened horse...