Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Night of the Fox

Started by visualspice, August 22, 2014, 11:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Tah-leen immediately dropped the ore in her excitement and plucked the bead from his hand. A smile immediately bloomed across her face and she pulled the bead close, cradling it near her bosom while keeping it carefully in the palm of her hands. Her tail gave a happy wag as she looked up at him, beaming.
"Thanks!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Pirostyle

Kalvano let the ore drop to the ground as she picked up the bead. It obviously meant a lot to her, if she was this happy to get it back. It was hard not to find the woman adorable with the good mood she now radiated.

He gently pet her on the head, smiling at her wagging tail. "You're welcome, now just don't lose it again."

visualspice

Her smile broadened at the petting and she gave a brisk nod of her head.
"Of course I won't! I still have to find the rest!" And after a moment of letting her tail swish back and forth,s he thought she heard something coming from the city they were so near. Her head turned in that direction, and still keeping the bead cradled to her chest, she turned tail and ran back into the shadows.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Pirostyle

Kalvano waited until she had completely vanished into the shadows, before smiling and starting to pick up all the things that had been discarded from the pouch. At the very least she was an interesting fox spirit, if not the only one he had ever seen before. It was only by the best luck that he had found the first bead, but he figured if he found another, it would only give her reason to return.

After gathering up all his things and putting the pouch back on his belt, he left back into the city. The rain was starting to pick up, and the noise had been from one of his group mates coming to check on him. He returned into the city, wondering if this would be his only encounter with a fox spirit.

visualspice

Tah-leen was more than elated to have her bead returned to her. She took extra care while sitting beneath the canopy of a wide skirted pine, to work on her necklace, carefully putting the missing bead back into it's place. She had already done so with the beads she had procured earlier, but with this new one attached, she positively beamed. And as she retied her necklace together and wrapped it around her wrist a few times to secure it, she thought back to that curious man who stood before the curious city.

He seemed different than some of the other men she had encountered (for men in Zantaric could be mean, like wolves!). But this man seemed different, and she couldn't place what animal he reminded her of and curiously, she sniffed at the air to see if he was still in town- but the scent of a thousand humans made his scent muddled, and despite the rain,s he found herself approaching the city. It seemed the streets were empty, so she felt a lot more safe, and by now, her tail had long faded so she seemed like any other girl in a white dress and no shoes..
except her white dress was soaking wet and clung to her body like a second skin, as did her long black hair, which shined like liquid night.

The further she went into the city, the more this place dazzled her, and soon she was distracted from her quest at the scent of fish- and upon turning around a corner and lifting the lid of a crate, she found an entire barrel full of fish! Her eyes lit up and she immediately picked one up, and that's when the owner of the fish shop opened his shop door and put his head out with a lamp.

The light temporarily blinded Tah-leen as she squinted and turned away, but the second the man saw her with his fish, he suddenly hollered and it frightened Tah-leen to death. She turned tail and ran, bare feet splashing through the puddles and she- not having a clue as to where to go. There weren't any trees here, just strange cave like structures that soon had her turning around in circles and leaving her even more wet, and now dirty, scared and very confused.

Pirostyle

Kalvano was a short distance inside the city, approaching a tower-like structure. He entered the building with his 3 other companions to talk to a man. He cleaned off glasses and made the bar area look very nice as they started a conversation. They chatted and conversed with the man for a bit, explaining their lack of findings for any new clues about the attack cart.

After a little while longer, the group agreed to let the matter go, and they split up again, going back to their normal business.

Kalvano looked around as he tried to decide what to do with the rest of the day. A shout from a nearby merchant caught his attention. The man had scared off a woman with one of his fish, but the dress and hair looked familiar. "Oh gods and goddesses..." He quickly followed her down the road, giving the man a few coins to hopefully appease him. Kal kept a close eye on the woman in the white dress as she fled down the road.

After a while it seemed she had come to a stop, lost and probably confused. He caught up to her, confirming it was her. "Miss... are you okay?" With a wave of his hand, he used his elemental magic to get the water from her dress, drying it. "You'll catch a cold out in the rain like this, spirit or not" He kept his voice down, not wanting others to hear. From his bag, Kalvano pulled out a spare simple robe he carried, draping it over the woman's back to dry and warm her up. "Are you okay?"

visualspice

If Tah-leen was alarmed by his presence, she only showed it with a slightly gaping mouth and wide eyes, and the moment her voice returned to her, she leaned towards him and asked most curiously, "You know magic?" A curious thing!
And it seemed all other questions were lost to it.

Pirostyle

Kalvano nodded and made sure the robe wouldn't fall off of her easily. "Yes, I know elemental magic. Wind, Water, and Lightning are my strengths." He led her out of the rain into an empty market area, seeing the ceiling had been closed to keep the area dry. There were very few people around, making it a nice place to hide from the rain for a while.

"Lots of people in this land know magic, this is the kingdom of Serendipity. To the north is another land, that hates magic greatly."

visualspice

Tah-leen tried to take in all that he was saying, but she got distracted by..

"Serendipity!" Her smile grew. "That sounds fun!"

Pirostyle

Kalvano couldn't help but smile a bit. Her grin was contagious. He took another breath, trying to simplify things. "Serendipity, lots of magic here and many mages."

He held up his hand, making a small sphere of water form and float above his hand.

"Do you know how to get around the city?"

visualspice

Tah-leen's eyes went wide at the sight of magic. It always intrigued her to see such things and as the sphere of water floated over head, she suddenly tried to leap for it, attempting to catch it in her hands.

Pirostyle

Kalvano kept it out of her reach for the first couple of tries, and let her catch it on the third. It was adorable to watch.

"So what is your name? I'm kalvano."

He watched the rain continue to fall, glad that they were safe from the cold rain for a while.

visualspice

Upon catching the magical water sphere, Tah-leen let out a soft squeal of elation, and was soon bringing the watery ball to her mouth. Her eyes glittered like the stars and soon she was biting at the sphere, and upon realizing it made her mouth all wet, like the water's of a running river, she began to lap at the water sphere with glee.

She was so entranced by the water sphere, she almost didn't catch the question, but she eventually spoke through laps at the ball, "I'm Tah-leen!" And somehow during the course of their short play, her white tail had sprouted again and was swishing happily behind her.

Pirostyle

Kalvano tried to keep her from sight as her tail appeared again. It was tough enough trying to keep her out of trouble in the city; he didn't need the added challenge of trying to explain to others what was going on. He continued pulling clean water from the falling rain to add to the sphere and keep her entertained.

"It's nice to meet you Tah-leen. Did you need something? I thought all you wanted from me was the bead?"

It was puzzling why she had followed him into the city. It was nice to know that she at least seemed to trust him. There was nothing that came to his mind about why she would have come back other than the bead, but she already had it.

visualspice

"Tah-leen was curious!" she told him in earnest, still licking at the ball of magical rain water as she smiled and laughed softly. Others began to look their way, seeing the strange interaction, but other than that, not paying the pair much mind. "I've never been to the city. And Kalvano was nice. So I followed Kalvano!"

Pirostyle

Kalvano smiled. "Well I'm glad I was able to help you by getting your bead back, and I can help you find your way around the city for a while. So yes, I'll gladly be able to help you."

He formed the water into different shapes, seeing how easily it entertained her.

"So where did you want to explore first?"

visualspice

Tah-leen's eyes sparkled like a thousand stars as she played and laughed and continued to lick and bite at the water sphere. But when he posed his question, she gave a low swish of her tail.

"Are there any places with fish? I love fish. Perhaps we could fish in a river?" She was hungry, after all!

Pirostyle

Kalvano nodded. "Yes, we have another river not far from the city, and off to the east is the ocean. We can head there now, I'll be able to keep the rain off of us with magic."

He lifted one of his hands, the rain seemed to part over a small area, like it were bouncing off an invisible roof.

visualspice

"I like fish," she told him, still smiling as she played with the magic, but once she noticed the invisible wall of tinkling rain above them, she craned her neck to get a better look at it before reaching a hand forward to touch through the barrier to where the drops were breaking. Amazed by this trick as well, she began to leap about in attempts to touch the falling waters that could not reach them. It was quite fun! She liked this sort of magic!

Pirostyle

Kalvano was entertain for a good long while, watching her jump up to try and catch the raindrops. Interacting with her was much more fun than collecting herbs or investigating a ransacked cart. He gave a subtle flick of his index finger, letting a big drop get through the "cover" and land on her nose.

"So when we get to the lake, should I use water magic to catch some for you?"

He started to think of ways he could use magic to catch the fish. The water around them could easily be used to trap them, and if they were flung into the air, it would be easy to use lightning magic to fry them up. If they were planning to eat them that is.