Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Night of the Fox

Started by visualspice, August 22, 2014, 11:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Tah-leen perked up at the idea after having giggled happily when the rain had tickled her nose that had gotten through the magical barrier.
"Can you keep fish in water balls like these?" And her eyes became as wide as a child's. She'd love to see such a thing! And if the fish were in a magical water bubble, she could lick and nibble on them all day!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Pirostyle

Kalvano smiled and nodded. "Can I? Easily." As they approached the lake, he moved his hand again, catching a fish inside a sphere of water and pulling it close to Tah-leen. "By the way, do you like them raw or cooked?"

The mage kept the water barrier and trapped fish up easily, one of his specialties was water after all.

visualspice

To see a fish so close coming straight for her she could not help herself but leaped clean at it, pinning the water bubble to the ground before growling and sinking her teeth into the fish. It wriggled against her, it's fins slapping her in the face a few times before it eventually quieted beneath Tah-leen's bite. Triumphantly she looked over at Kalvano, not seeming to hear his question as she shouted, "What a yummy fish!" and took a hearty bite clean out of it.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Pirostyle

Kalvano watched the fox spirit lunge after the captured fish, tearing into it like she hadn't eaten in days. He simply smiled and kept the rain from falling on them, to keep her dry and from getting cold again. He gave Tah-leen a moment to finish off the fish, before starting to catch another one.

"I can tell you like fish"

visualspice

As he moved on to catch another, Tah-leen had moved to the edge of the lake and was staring at it with vicious happiness. Her tail was wagging slowly behind her, and her white ears had sprung out and were pinned back as she continued to watch the fish swim around and around.

"Tah-leen likes fish very much. I could eat the whole lake full!" she told him, suddenly smiling again before she noticed a fish swimming closer to her and without warning, she jumped in after it.

Pirostyle

Kalvano smiled as he held the fish in place for her to pounce on, enjoying seeing her happily catch them. He continued to wave his hands to keep the fish in place for her. "How about this one"

He levitated one of the fish out of the lake, making it move around in the air, with a water sphere around it. The mage continued to make the fish float around as a challenge to her.

visualspice

Tah-leen's eyes lit up at the sight.
"Fish!" she said excitedly and leaped at it, but failed on her first attempt, then her second- but then with seemingly inhuman strength, she just about soared into the air-
and caught it with a laugh as she landed and put the fish into her mouth.

Pirostyle

Kalvano smiled more as he saw her lunge for the fish and catch it out of the air with her teeth. Being able to talk to and interact with a fox spirit was a true turn of fortune. She would make a very interesting acquaintance to have around.

"Well it's very nice to meet a fox spirit, and I'm glad I could help you get your bead back."

visualspice

"It's nice to meet a human!" she said, all smiles as she wagged her tail. "I've always wanted to get close, but I've been afraid." Her tail wagged a bit more, this time though, it seemed to thump on the ground more than wag. "And my bead..." and here she gave a curious tilt of her head. "How did you find it?"

Pirostyle

Kalvano smiled in return. "It's nice to meet you too. Humans tend to greatly vary in behavior, but there are plenty of good ones."

He listened to her question, stopping to think. "Well, one day, I was out by the shops, and there was a peddler at one of the stalls, trying to sell gems and trinkets, probably all fake. There was one thing he greatly wanted to sell though;  he bragged about a rare gem. His claim was that the bead was an object of great magical power, stolen from a mighty fox spirit."

The mage smiled a bit, proud of himself. "He said it was stolen, so I swapped it for a purple gem I had in my bag when he wasn't paying attention. Stealing stolen property can't really be stealing, especially if it is to give it back to nature. After I while I started to wonder if it was real, but then once I saw you, I realized that you must have come for the bead."

visualspice

Tah-leen gave a nod of her head.
"I did! I'm looking for all of my missing beads." And she held up her wrist to where her necklace was wound around it. "I'm still missing quite a few. They must have traveled far!"

Pirostyle

Kalvano looked at the necklace around her wrist; she had already recovered a few more beads. "Well if I find anymore I'd be happy to snag them for you, but they could be almost anywhere."

He waved his hand again, catching another fish. "I'll keep my eyes out for anymore beads that happen to pass through."

visualspice

"The beads belong to my spirit," she went on to explain, but quickly got distracted by the floating fish in the bubble. Her tail wagged anxiously at it. "I can sense when one is near. It's how I was lead to you."
And with a playful leap, she tried to catch the bubbled fish.

Pirostyle

Kalvano allowed her to catch the fish, letting her have it from the bubble as he thought for a moment. "Well if you can sense them, you'll have a much easier time finding them than me. I can keep a look out anyway though. Who knows, with luck, maybe I'll find another one for you."

visualspice

Tah-leen hugged onto the fish as if it were something precious, then began to lick at it before smiling up at him.
"That would be great! Tah-leen would be happy for help!" And focusing back on the fish she chewed and licked at it for a little bit before devouring the thing in a few big bites.

Pirostyle

Kalvano smiled a bit more. "Well, as long as you're around Serendipity, you're welcome to any fish from the rivers, and I'll keep looking for anymore of those beads."

He thought for a moment, remembering something. "By the way... were you wounded when I first found you? Has that recovered yet?"

visualspice

"Wounded?" she blinked as she stared at him curiously, then gasped and looked down at her arm. Any remnants from the injury were gone. She smiled, pleased at this and looked up at him.
"I was injured, yes, but I heal quickly. See?" And she pointed to her forearm where the injury once was. "No mark even! Just skin!"

Pirostyle

Kalvano sighed in relief. "Thank goodness, I was starting to wonder if you were still hurt from when I found you earlier. It's good to know you're okay; I'd be lucky to have a gift like that. Healing magic wasn't one of my strengths. It'd be good to have, and I could probably learn the basics with a good enough teacher. For now I'm good with wind, lightning, and water magics."

Her played with the water for a big longer, keeping them safe from the rain as it started to ease up.

visualspice

"I was born to heal," she explained, smiling at him and still wagging her tail. "I'm afraid I could not teach it, but I could always help you if you ever did get hurt." And then curiously, she tilted her head and gave a curious bought of sniffing his way. "Do you plan on getting hurt?" The thought of it made her frown.

Pirostyle

Kalvano shook his head. "No, I don't plan on getting hurt, if I can help at all. Healing magic is just a very handy thing to have in most situations. The more types of magic one can master, or at least learn, the greater number of situations that a mage can be prepared for."

He stood up, pulling out a small book from his pocket and flipping through it. "Another fun thing is to try and draw out things to do with the elements, makes it easier to visualize and remember."