Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Night of the Fox

Started by visualspice, August 22, 2014, 11:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Oh!" Tah-leen's eyes lit up at the sight of the book. "What a pretty book!" She seemed to be positively gushing over it as she reached out to stroke one of the pages. "Does this one have stories in it? I like stories," she went on, her tail swishing behind her excitedly.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Pirostyle

Kalvano flipped through some of the pages, all of them having drawings, and little notes. "They don't have stories, but they do have other ways to manipulate water."

With a wave of his hand, the nearby water in the air suddenly stopped falling, converging around them into a large dome-shape of water, like a shield.

visualspice

Upon seeing the large piece of water, Tah-leen gasped, startled by it as she reared away from Kalvano and took off to hide beneath a vendor's stall. It caused quite a stirring as the man let out a holler, and soon a lot of the people there began to look Tah-leen's way. But when the vendor chased Tah-leen out, she found herself racing out into the rainy streets, but she was so panicked, she had no idea where to go!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Pirostyle

Kalvan watched as Tah-leen ran off. He signed and chased after her, apologizing to the stall owner and trying to get her to calm down. He brought another fish in a water bubble with him, in hopes of finding her again.

visualspice

By the time Kalvano might find her, the fox-spirit was soaking wet, and moving frantically in a circle at the end of an alley way. She knew not what to make of this, or where to go- but before she noticed anyone approach, she moved and began to scale the alley way wall.

Pirostyle

Kalvano eventually found her at the end of the alleyway, calling to her and trying to get her attention. "Tah-leen! Hold on, it was just water! Magic!" He held up the fish inside the water sphere.

The city probably wasn't the best place for her, it would be better if he could get her back out towards the forest as soon as possible.

visualspice

She had made it all the way up to the top of the wall, and turned around, peering down at him as her rain soaked hair clung against her shoulders.
"But Tah-leen's afraid!" she called down to him, flinching only when she heard the shouts from a guard the next street over.

"Hey! Who goes there?" the guard shouted, and before Kalvano could stop her, she leaped over the other side of the wall and disappeared.

Pirostyle

Kalvano watched her disappear behind the wall, and left the alleyway, trying to get around the building to find her again. The chase led him towards the edge of the city as he continued to call for Tah-leen.

With a wave of his hand, Kalvano caused some of the water on the ground to converge into the shape of a fish. He sent it out in hopes that Tah-leen would see it. The mage made another fish, and another, sending them one by one towards the city exit for Tah-leen to follow to safety if she found them.

visualspice

Unfortunately for Kalvano, the fox spirit did not come. But as the day rolled on, the skies eventually did clear, but the world was still rain clogged and the sun was beginning to set as a chill swept over the land.

Elsewhere, Tah-leen had returned to her perch just outside the city, taking homage beneath a copse of trees not too far from where she had met her new human friend earlier that day.Seeing how no one had chased her here, she felt safe and decided to remain. It would be night soon anyway- and and this fox tended to hunt in the dark.

Pirostyle

The mage continued to search for his fox friend as the sun started to set. As night approached, the fish continued to wiggle around in the water sphere. Kalvano eventually gave up on trying to find Tah-leen in the city and made his way towards the gate. He hoped she had made it outside by now.

Kalvano left through the city gate and made his way towards some trees, waiting and hoping to see if she would appear again.

visualspice

She was cleverly concealed behind foliage, but her sense of smell was keen. She could smell the fish and the man before they were upon her, and there she sat, peering down at them from the tops of a tree. She said nothing at first, only watched, as the ground seemed to glow from the light of the moon. But as she moved to watch him, her foot misstepped and she ended up snapping a branch. Though it did not make her loose her footing, it would probably give away where she was hidden- several stories up.

Pirostyle

Kalvano looked around a bit more, and had almost given up his search when he heard a branch snap above him. A quick upward glance revealed the hiding fox spirit. He immediately offered her the fish, trying to apologize. "I didn't mean to scare you with the magic, I thought you'd like it. Plus, the city doesn't seem to be one of your favorite places to be..."

visualspice

Tah-leen remained back. Though she did glance at the fish once, she peered back down to him and pouted.
"Cities are strange," she went on, tail between her legs.