Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

My Castle, My Tomb

Started by visualspice, August 25, 2014, 02:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: She's kind of lost herself :P He's going to have to try harder than that to get her to 'remember' :P

If the wind or failed attempt to leave by this man were of any consequence to her, it did not show. Rather, she remained still standing there with her letter in hand, and that same lost vacant stare. After a moment, she tapped the letter to her lips and began to pace in front of the now snuffed out fire.

"I wrote my friend this letter. A fool's hand who penned it. He lived so far away he might as well have become a foreigner... and myself a fool for thinking he'd even receive it."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

A lot of help she was, the bird brain.  Julius climbed to his feet and scrambled for the door, pushing it shut and holding it closed as he sat in front.

"What did he look like, your friend?"  He asked, panting and watching her.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She looked at him only briefly before looking away. The question made her frown.
"I... don't recall."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Julius sat up, rubbing his head.  "Do you remember his name at least?  It seems awfully foolish to send a letter to a man you clearly can't remember."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She glared at him with authority.
"His name was Julius Vanghard, a man of which could be as infuriating as you are today."

Lion

"Hah!  And I'm sure a man as brilliant as Julius Vanghard is infuriating to feather-brains like you because he's just too eloquent and handsome for you to compete with.  Windbag."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She could not believe the audacity this man was spewing, and her eyes widened as she moved a hand to strike his cheek. The cad!

Lion

Julius caught her striking hand and gripped her wrist.  "That's no way to treat a guest, Lady Boehman.  Especially one as esteemed as I."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Esteemed!?" Her nostrils flared as she glared at him. She gave an impatient stomp of her foot. "You are not a guest! Certainly, you are not esteemed! I would like to see to it that you're thrown out!" But his grip, as she well noted, was impossibly hard and that look he was giving her...
It irritated her to a more personal level.

Lion

Eventually he did let her arm go and he chuckled a little.  "Still the same uppity Helaina," he said, laughing aloud all of a sudden.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Her eyes went wide as she stepped back, rubbing at her delicate wrists, which would surely were bruised by this brute! But there was still something that itched at her, something that was making it's way through her misted delusions.

But it was that laugh. Not just that it was a laugh, but the manner of it as she looked the man over. There was no way.
This couldn't be her Julius. This man looked like a savage!

Lion

Julius smiled and his chuckle relaxed.  "What's the matter, Helaina? Did I finally win one of our battle of wits?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Not able to believe any of this, she took a step back.
"Stay... stay away from me!" And her expression really did show traces of fear. It was too much. This couldn't be Julius... but at the same time, it seemed as if it was! But clearly this man was a devil! She could see the horns, knew they were there!

Lion

"Oh don't back down now.  Not when it just was just starting to get interesting," Julius sighed and  moved toward the antechamber fireplace.  There was little of anything to burn, and as she'd said the soldiers had taken just about everything.  Still, he had something and he took a book from his bag and set it into the fireplace.  It was a blank one, but would provide some heat nevertheless.

Taking a match to it, he set it to flame and he stepped back once the fire took to it.  "You look like you need a drink Helaina.  You look like hell."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

At his comment about her looks, only then did she tense up and throw her chin up in the air.
"There is nothing wrong with how I look!"

Lion

"You look as devastatingly beautiful as ever," he said with a chuckle. 

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

And that's when her temper came back to broiling.
"GET OUT!" she shouted, finger pointing and nearly striking him as she directed it at the door. "NO ONE INVITED YOU! AND YOU MOCK ME IN MY OWN HOME! GET OUT!"

Lion

He sighed.  "I didn't do any such thing," he said and bowed to her.

"Helaina, you always did look devastating when you're flushed with rage."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

At that this, she had no idea how to respond. Her mind was in a whirl and suddenly she crumpled to her knees and began to sob.

Lion

Julius frowned and rushed to her.  He wasted no time and wrapped his arms around her, sweeping her into a tight embrace.  "Hel.  My darling Hel, don't cry.  I'm sorry if I upset you."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn