Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

My Castle, My Tomb

Started by visualspice, August 25, 2014, 02:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Her face skewed at his question, and she found herself following him.
"I don't think they worry about my life like you seem to."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Well, they don't know you like i do."  Julius smiled and pulled out a small flask of liquor.  "Would you like a sip?  It might help you warm up."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She raised a brow and looked from the liquor to him.
"Don't you have anything else?" But she supposed beggars couldn't be choosers. She reached for the flask. "I might need more than a sip," she grumbled.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Only you would look at the offering with disdain then accept it anyway," Julius laughed, taking it back once she was finished and downing a sip himself.  "So Helaina, shall I offer you my handkerchief now to soothe your tired eyes?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She yanked the drink back and knocked back more.
"Did you come all the way out here to mock me?"

Lion

"You always were so sensitive," he said and grinned a little.  "Is there anything I can do for you, friend?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She huffed but continued to nurse at the bottle.
"How about giving me a moment of peace? There's been so much noise since you've come to visit..."

Lion

"Okay," Julius murmured and sat quietly in that moment, watching her drink and warming his hands lightly by the fire. 

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

This situation didn't sit well with her at all. And the drink only made her feel more flushed as she rushed to guzzle another mouthful down. However, the second she swallowed a distant roll of thunder shook the ground as her eyes lingered on the southern windows.

Lion

It sounded like thunder anyway, and Julius watched her reaction.  He would have asked her if she was well, but it was clearly evident that she wasn't.  He kept himself distant and only after she drank did he take the liquor from her and recapped it, placing the flask back into his coat.

"My dear Helaina.  Why don't you please sit down?" he said gently.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

At his voice she nearly jumped from her skin, but she turned to him and obliged, sitting delicately and on the edge of her settee. She worked at smoothing down her skirts, frowning at how filthy they were and muttering things to that nature.

Lion

He turned to face her, just so slightly.  "Helaina, would you give me your hands?  Palms up please."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She blinked at him, wary at first before she obeyed.

Lion

He gingerly cradled both of her hands in his, his touch warm, hands widside and strong.  He observed her palms.  "My, my, Helaina.  You're hands...they've changed so much since we last spoke but they are still beautiful as ever."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"My hands?" she blinked, giving him a funny look. "What else would they look like? Just because I'm imprisoned here doesn't mean I'm not a lady."

Lion

"Indeed you still are," he said.  "Would allow me to read your palms?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Read my palm?" she blinked. "What do you think youd see?"

Lion

"That's what I intend to find out," he said and gently traced her palms with the tips of his thumbs.  "Hmm, you're a strong, independent, fierce woman.  You've suffered more than any other woman should, but somehow you manage to hang on...  there used to be a brightness to you.  You had light in your eyes and they were the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She stiffened.
"So you're telling me I've grown ugly along with this war?" she stood suddenly.

Lion

Julius just barked a laugh. "Is that what you've interpreted?"  He crossed his legs.

"We used to play these little parlor tricks when we were much younger don't you remember?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn