Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lily in the Snow [M]

Started by visualspice, December 02, 2014, 08:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Blaith only sighed and replied, "You'll ride, partial hog-tied, mind you, on the back of my horse." And he didn't bother to look up at her when he said that.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

Lillian's composure dropped as her eyes bulged slightly. He couldn't possibly be serious! Anger flared in her again. "Like hell I will! you're a fool if you think I will tolerate being tied to your horse like a sack of potatoes! That isn't dignified, you, you can't do that to me!"

Ansgar help her, Blaith really was mad.

visualspice

Still not lifting his gaze, he asked simply, "Then what I am to do with you?" It was then his blue eyes lifted to her. "As a prisoner, I could do much less. And you have yet to show you want to cooperate." And he paused, before adding, "Do you really think this is so easy?"
He hadn't come here for this, hadn't wanted this- but what other choice did he have? There was no sign of Kella and she? She was the only connection he could find of where she might be- but even that was uncertain. And he was't taking prisoners for a reason. Technically, she should have been dead.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

"Cooperate?!" Lillian snarled, dropping any pretenses that she was calm or in control. "Y-you labeled me your prisoner, have barely spoken to me or looked at me or even acknowledged me since, and you've certainly not told me your plans for me. Are you just going to lug me around like a burdensome pest? Are you planning to use me as a hostage for negotiations with my father? What do you want from me Blaith?"

By the time she was finished ranting her breath was coming out raggedly, as the simple act of arguing with him was winding her. There were also tears in her eyes, but her voice was still hot and angry. "I am not going without my horse. My brother gave me that horse. I will ride on my own, beside you, I promise not to try to escape, but don't tie me to your horse like a damn saddlebag."

visualspice

Blaith released a long, hot sigh through his nose. His eyes peered darkly at her, but there was a glimmer of sympathy and something else.

"If you want answers, I plan to keep you until I figure that out." And he turned from her and gestured to one of his men.
"Find the lady's horse. Then tie it mine." And he paused and looked back at her.
"She'll ride with me, hands tied." He brushed past her. "We'll share the saddle." She looked freezing anyhow, and they had hardly any clothes to spare.She should still be safe from his touch anyhow. He was in so many layers it seemed to mirror his emotions.

Just keep them in check. Keep them at bay.

He could not afford to lose his senses now. Not when he was so close.

Zero

Lillian stared right back at Blaith, teeth gritting before she turned her head away. It was a compromise, she chided herself. Her hands would be tied, but she could sit in a saddle. His saddle. At least her horse wasn't going to be left behind, or worse, stolen. Her armor, her sword, her freedom, Ansgar help her should she lose her horse too.

"Fine." She finally sighed. It was in her best interest to work with Blaith instead of completely against him. If he was willing to budge, even a little, well, she should probably be grateful. As his prisoner he could really do whatever he wanted with her. Including order her execution.

visualspice

Little did she know how close to death she would be. Sharing his saddle he knew was risky, but what else could be done? Once he and his men were ready, and her horse, retrieved and allowed to be inspected by her- he began the orders to prepare him men to head West.

"There are other mage camps..." he was telling one General. "Kella could have been taken there."

Zero

Lillian was delighted when she got to inspect Sunset Breeze and find that he was both in good health and good spirits. Petting the stallion for a few moments did calm her frayed nerves some, but it was hard to forget, even for a moment, that her situation was pretty bad.

She overheard Blaith and sighed heavily. "I already told you that Lady Harmond is gone. She was in that tower, and I was assigned to guard her. A man pretending to be you came and knocked me out. I'm fairly sure that he did not take her to another mage camp. Your sister is free - somewhere."

visualspice

Blaith bristled at what Lillian had to share, and he and his men he was conversing with went quiet. After a moment, Blaith stalked over to her side.
"Care to enlighten me more about this?"
He could use any lead he got. He just hoped Lily would actually cooperate. He knew she was more than upset with him- and for good reasons.

Zero

The man could bristle all he wanted, but Lillian had already told him that an impostor had taken Kella. What more did he want from her? "What more would you know? I was unconscious, Blaith. I have no idea where he could have taken her, or why. Well, maybe I could make a guess as to why. Lady Harmond seemed to know him, so I assume they were familiar with each other. Certainly enough for him to foolishly try to rescue her. Or not so foolish, as he seems to have succeeded."

visualspice

Blaith was taken back. A mixture of emotions twisting across his face, from rage, to surprise. It took him longer than he'd like to digest that sort of information, but with a soured look, he finally turned away from her.

"And you have no more clues as to who he could have been? My sister... hadn't mentioned a name?"
And desperately he tried to think over who it could have been. A relative? Someone he had sent after her? If so...then why did they not contact him?

Zero

Lillian scowled as she tried to recall everything she had seen or heard, both from Kella before the escape and during the escape. "She spoke fondly of a man to me, once, but she never mentioned his name. Someone that she'd spent time with before her capture. I would chance a guess that it was him in the tower."

She rubbed at her face tiredly. "He was dressed up in lordly clothing, but he was definitely lowborn. If one was unfamiliar with your or nobles in general, I can see how he might have been mistaken for you. Blonde hair, blue eyes, and a solid wall of muscle. Ansgar, when he hit me it was like getting struck with a hammer."

visualspice

Blaith visibly stiffened, and his demeanor instantly grew dark. A man? Did Kella have...

No.. he couldn't think on it. For it was making his blood boil and his mind roar in rage. He had to turn away from her, but the next thing she said snapped him to his senses as he turned around at her, eyes wide. That's when his anger flared.
"I'm going to fucking kill him."

Zero

Lillian rolled her eyes slightly as Blaith got angry about this mystery man that his sister had talked about. She almost pointed out the little problem his sister had with her skin being deadly to touch, so he probably didn't have much to worry about in that department.

It was when he turned to her in a rage that she jumped slightly, blinking owlishly at his outburst. "He rescued your sister from the tower, which was what you were trying to do, shouldn't you be giving him a medal? Providing you can find him, that is?"

visualspice

"Rescued!? RESCUED!? If you call bagring in here, marring my name with his commoner's blood and then just parading in and taking my sister away.. And to you he... he... he... " He was so mad he couldn't even say it as he shook and held his hands into fists.

"I'll gut him. And more than once, and hang him from his insides off my castle wall."

Zero

The only part of that Lillian understood why he was mad was the commoner parading around pretending to be him. A lowborn fool pretending to be a duke was an insult to them all. Pity so many fell for it.

"I don't see why you'd care what he did to me, Blaith Harmond." Lillian said quietly, now looking back at her horse longingly, wishing that she'd be in the stallion's saddle instead of stuck on a horse with Blaith. She didn't want to be that close to him right now.

visualspice

At such a remark, his anger continued to flare.
"What do you mean? You're a lady! How dare such a cad lay a hand on you! But no, I'll do worse to him. I'll hang him from eyes and have my people throw stones and acid at his gutted body!"

visualspice

"Of course I would if you didn't concede! But the fact of the matter still remains you were struck by that ruffian and he will pay for the consequences!"

Zero

"I don't need your chivalry, Blaith! If we find him, I will kill him myself. That is a very big if, your grace. Now figure out where we're going and let's be away. Staying here turns my stomach." Lillian just wanted to be away from here. The snow covered up much of the evidence of the battle, but she still knew there were thousands of dead bodies out there, just beneath the deceptively innocent white powder.