Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lily in the Snow [M]

Started by visualspice, December 02, 2014, 08:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"I would know what direction to take us if you could give us a better lead! The only thing I have to go off of is nothing!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Blaith growled and turned away from her. He knew he had to make a decision, and to make it soon. All of Connlaoth would be hunting he and his army, this he knew for certain. But which way was he to go from here?

"Sir?"

Blaith turned back around, and the young man that approached paused before bowing his head and folding an arm across his breast.
"I come with news. They say at the bottom of a ravine... a horse..."

"A horse?" Blaith's brows furrowed.

The man nodded. "If.. if you could confirm it... It looks... like yours."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

"Looks like you've found a lead, tenuous as it might be." Lillian sighed, rolling her head back slightly to gaze up at the sky, judging the weather. It was miserably cold, of course, but that wasn't going to stop the army from marching.

Giving another heaving sigh she strolled over to Blaith's waiting horse, her own was tied to his on a decent length of lead. Obediently she turned to one of the soldiers and put her hands together, waiting for him to bind them, since having her hands bound was part of the condition of her getting to ride with Blaith as opposed to simply strapped to the horse.

visualspice

Blaith gave an irritable sigh and cut a look Lily's way before barking to his men, "Take us to it!" And they nodded and before Lily was even properly tied (or tied at all!)- Blaith grabbed onto her wrist and dragged her along with him. It seemed the ravine wasn't far enough away to need horses.

Once there, he surveyed the area and looked down the hill side. Seeing the horse, still and half fallen in snow, he made a face.
"How could you guess the horse is-"
But he paused in mid-sentence, taking a step forward as he noticed the Turgall crest upon the fallen mare.

Zero

Lillian had to bite her tongue to keep from saying something she'd regret as Blaith dragged her along with him by the wrist. She wasn't a damn rag doll! Why did she have to check out the horse with him? Couldn't she have just waited by horses? Her protests were swallowed with a sullen look that was dangerously close to pouting.

Instead she focused on keeping up. She was a short woman and Blaith had a long stride, thankfully he was slowed by the snow. Unfortunately, so was she. Somehow she managed not to fall, though she stumbled more than once. When they stopped she was gasping again, and when he moved forward she moved with him, stepping closer to him than she had before.

Her eyes moved over the crest on the mare, but she was more worried about something else. Keeping her voice low so that the others wouldn't hear her, she glanced up at Blaith with a worried frown. "You're hurting my wrist, please stop squeezing so hard."

visualspice

In that moment, nothing else existed except the still horse. And all of those fears, those dreads came bubbling to the surface. And he didn't even hear what Lily had said, his grip tightening even more as his lips curled back to reveal a scowl.

Kella... if Kella was dead. They would all pay!

"Ready the horses, we go down into the ravine!" he snapped, and continued to pull his prisoner along back to his horse. "Find the safest and quickest route and do it now!"

Zero

All Lillian could do was grit her teeth as she was dragged back through the snow again, concentrating on not being pulled off her feet. Her wrist was probably bruised, but Blaith was beyond reason right now. It probably should have frightened her, but she was more annoyed than afraid.

Her breath came out in misty puffs as the cold air scorched and froze her lungs at the same time. An unnatural wheezing came faintly with each breath, but Lillian ignored it. Ill wasn't something she had time to deal with.

"Blaith, slow down." She jerked on her arm painfully, stumbling and nearly falling face first into the deep snow. "There weren't any bodies within sight of the horse, your sister had to have walked away from the horse, don't lose your head. Think."

visualspice

At her words, he paused and turned around, growling in her face.
"Just because we can not see her body down there, does not mean she suffered from the fall. The snows are deep!" she snapped. "And who's to say, if she survived... if that is where she ended up, if she had walked away? Someone... as I now surely have many enemies, would know the value of such a find," he growled and continued to pull her along until he got to his horse, and he promptly mounted and pulled her onto the saddle before him and held her close before snapping the reins and kicking the horse's side with a , "YA!" as they dashed off down a steep and narrow path. And each moment that passed, fear gripped him like no other.

Kella... Kella...
Was she alive? Was she okay?
Please... Angsar....
All he could do was pray that she was still alive.

Zero

Lillian forced herself not to shrink back as Blaith turned and growled in his face. Instead she stood her ground stubbornly. Still, he was irrational and afraid, so unreasonable. Stifling further protest, she let herself be dragged to his horse and then onto the horse. She was stiff as they took off down the path, not happy having Blaith holding onto her like that. Just being near him right now was enough to annoy her.

To think, she'd admired this man not so long ago.

visualspice

By the time they reached the bottom, he felt not any better than when he had been at the top. And after doing mad circles around the area, he spat out a curse.
If Kella had been here, she was long gone. And the remains of his horse showed proof the wolves had a nice feast- but something interrupted it. He just hoped it wasn't Kella. Then again..
If a wolf dared to eat her...

A cold smile graced his lips at the idea.
NO, no wolves could kill her-
Not before she'd kill them.
And with a growl, he gave a jerk to his reigns and turned his horse about.

"Let us go back to the Fort. We're holding a meeting."
His search for his sister proved fruitless, but he had more pressing matters now to contend with.

What was to happen next? He had an ENTIRE duchy conquered within a few months, mages camps were free...
and his army- though there were causalities, actually seemed to be growing. The newly freed mages were to thank for that. And as his horse trotted nearer to the entrance at fort Dhagh, the anger inside him seemed to cool as he held onto Lily, feeling a hollowed comfort in it, and some bitter, bitter regret.

Zero

No matter how angry the young White Lily was, the stiffness in her posture couldn't last. Not only was it horrible for riding, but she was cold, exhausted, and feeling unwell. Annoyance and anger couldn't fuel her forever.

Lillian eventually had relaxed back into Blaith, gaining what warmth she could from him. By the time they would reach the fort, Blaith would find she had fallen asleep against him.

visualspice

It was only upon entry into the Fort that he realized his prisoner was asleep. Making haste towards the barracks, he moved to claim General Serenus's former office, and laid Lily down upon the lounge. He took his own seat and prepared a fire, commanding his men to get a hold of his Uncle. They needed to have a good long talk.

But in the mean time, Blaith's eyes studied Lily as she slept. She was in a peaceful state, despite the war, and he felt guilty knowing he was the one that broke that for her. Not that either could help their stations. All and all, he did the right thing...
Or as right of the thing as he could. And whatever chains she'd have on her she'd find were discarded as she slept. But the doors to the room were closed.

She wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Zero

Three hours of sleep hadn't been nearly enough, so when Blaith moved her from horse to lounge, despite all the jostling and noise, Lillian remained sleeping. As soon as she was laid down she had rolled to her side and curled up, and she didn't move from that spot once she'd settled into something reasonably comfortable. Indeed, the worn-out knight seemed like she might sleep until someone made her get up.

visualspice

Blaith let her sleep, as he was busy and there was much to prepare. He and his men would finally get a good night's sleep, and despite his prisoner being unchained, the Duke of Turgall drifted off to sleep, leaning over his desk with a balled fist resting just beneath is chin.

Zero

It wouldn't be until hours later that Lillian sat up suddenly on the lounge, starting awake from a fevered dream. Tired jade eyes swept around the room, noticing first Blaith's sleeping form, then the closed door. The thought of attempting escape crossed her mind but was immediately dismissed. A closed door was likely a locked door in this instance, and where would she go? Being surrounded by a hostile army didn't exactly harbor high hopes of slipping away.

Angry as Lillian might be at him, by Blaith's side was the safest place for her to be in the given situation. Actually, it was hard to really stay angry at him. Sure, she thought he was being foolish in this obsession with finding his sister, but ultimately she had to look at things from more than her own perspective. Blaith was doing what he thought was right. He had freed many mages from the camps here, and a lot of them had joined his army. That Calent was insane and going too far in his mistreatment of mages was more than obvious and someone had needed to do something about it.

She just hadn't thought it would be him. Rubbing her eyes with a sigh she noticed that she wasn't restrained, save the most likely locked door. That was something, at least.

"Blaith?" Her voice was hesitant, because honestly, what was she supposed to say to him?

visualspice

Blaith made a subtle noise, which sounded like a snore, but kept sleeping while drool seemed to have pooled beneath his mouth, marring his other wise sweet and peaceful expression.

Zero

"Blaith" Lillian said a little louder as she stood up and walked towards the desk. If he'd been laying down properly somewhere she'd just have let him sleep, but being hunched over a desk like that was going to leave him stiff and sore when he woke up. Stiff and sore would likely mean cranky, and she still had to deal with him.

By the time she was standing next to him, she hesitated to call his name again. His face looked so peaceful, when not marred by worry and anger, Blaith was a very handsome man. Lillian recalled his smile quiet well. Memories of their ride, their walk, and their dancing made her close her eyes and sigh. Looking was all she was allowed to do. Love, passion, marriage - those were all forbidden to a White Lily, and wishing for any was just tormenting herself. That day had caused her more than a small amount of grief.

Besides, Blaith was already nearing forty and hadn't expressed an interest in romance in all his years, why even use him to daydream about her silly childish dreams? Especially considering right now she was considered his prisoner. Slightly disgusted with herself, but unable to resist as she looked down at his peaceful expression, Lillian reached down and gently brushed her fingers across his cheek.

"Blaith, wake up."

visualspice

Blaith made another noise, his eyes opening groggily at the touch. At first, all he saw was blonde hair and a sweet face.
"Kella?" But as he moved to sit up, he froze, and recalled his situation, and hers, as he tensed and looked at her with guarded concern.

Zero

Lillian arched an eyebrow as Blaith called her Kella as he woke up, letting her hand fall away from his face. Touching him probably hadn't been the smartest thing she'd ever done. Blaith didn't seem to enjoy physical contact all that much. She'd never seen anyone actually touch him. Sure, they had danced before and had been rather close to him in the saddle, but there had always been this barrier, both from clothing and some hard-to-describe feeling she got from him.

"You fell asleep at the desk, you should go to bed. It'll be more comfortable and you'll rest easier." Her brow furrowed slightly as she realized that he looked...concerned. "Is something the matter?"