Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Oh! Hello!

Started by Celegwen, February 11, 2018, 03:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

@DragonSong
----------------
Ginger gripped a small book in her arms with her eyes darting around quickly. Her white skirt pressed against her legs, and her shoulders were up slightly, as she moved through people in the halls.

Attending the university in Arca was a great honor, and Ginger was determined to succeed. She wasn't exactly off to a great start, though. After her carriage driver got stuck in the mud, the girl had to hitch a ride with a passing coach, which wasn't exactly cheap. She was running late for class, and people just didn't seem to understand what "excuse me" meant!

She gripped her fists and stomped her foot once, quickly shifting into a fluffy-tailed fox with large ears. She snatched the book up in her mouth and scurried under the legs of the passing students. Running around a corner, Ginger slid into the wall.

Quickly shifting into her human form, she picked up the book and rubbed her head, hurrying into class.

DragonSong

She was here. She was actually here. Gods, she almost couldn’t believe it. Nearly two solid years of pestering her parents, combined with some subtle hints and manipulations on her brother’s part, and it had all finally paid off.

She was at Kia’s Garden, perhaps one of the most prestigious mage college in the country- possibly on the continent.

Reina couldn’t stop smiling as she shifted in her seat in the lecture hall for her first official class, her book clutched to her chest (though honestly she wasn’t quite sure why, she just couldn’t seem to put it down).

There was a scuffling sound just outside the door, then a rather hyper looking girl with ginger hair entered the class; she was several minutes late, which the professor conveyed to her with a cold look as a few of the other students smirked behind their hands. Most of them were much like Reina, younger children of nobility or other influential persons, and the way they held themselves left no doubt as to their belief in their own standing.

Reina frowned, then raised a hand subtly to catch the girl’s attention. She offered a smile and gestured to the seat beside her, mouthing, This one’s open.

Celegwen

If she was able to, Ginger would've crawled into her shirt and hidden like a turtle. It was the first day of class and she was late to her first class. Figures!

She flushed, looking at her inwardly turned feet momentarily at the professor's obvious disapproval. She felt more out of place than she ever had before, but that wasn't going to stop her. Ginger was excited to finally have been accepted into such a wonderful school, so she wasn't going to let anything stop her.

Seeing a small wave out of the corner of her eye, Ginger saw a blonde girl with blue eyes indicating that there was an open seat.

Scooting past a few students who shot her judgemental looks, the girl put her book on the desk and sat next to the girl. "Thanks," she whispered, making sure not to interrupt the professor's lecture anymore than she already had. "I'm Ginger."

DragonSong

"Reina," she replied in kind, giving the other girl a soft, encouraging smile.

She turned her attention back to the lecture, eagerly jotting down notes as the professor spoke. She almost didn't notice the time passing, and before she knew it the class was over, their fellow students gathering their books and standing, either preparing to go to their next class or to return to the student life sections of campus.

"Well." She leaned back in her chair with a small smile, eyes bright with excitement. "He may be a bit dry, but I've never heard someone so knowledgeable on naturally occurring magical flora speak before. What did you think?" She turned to Ginger with a broad grin, almost glowing with the sheer joy of just finally being here.

And maybe, if she was lucky, making a new friend.

Celegwen

Ginger beamed, giving a slight shrug. "I mean I guess so!" She said. "To be honest, I didn't think anyone would even want to know as much as he spoke about in the first class."

She giggled lightly, covering her mouth. The girl really contain herself. Everything was so overwhelming and new and big and magical! It would take forever just to be able top take all of it in for what it truly was.

"So, what are you here for? Like, why do you want to study here, instead of somewhere else?"

DragonSong

Reina chuckled and propped her elbow on the desk, chin on her palm. "Kia's Garden was the most...acceptable school my parents approved of," she said with a little crinkle of her nose. Then, more brightly, "But it truly is an amazing place, I know I'll learn so much here."

She set about gathering up her things and packing them away neatly into her shoulder bag. "What about you then?"

Celegwen

"Well, I had the option of Kia's Garden or Wyrdwood Academy of...something." She grinned. "I didn't really think I'd fit in at Wyrdwood, so here I am!"

She held her book against her chest and smiled. "Clearly, I need to work on my timing, but it's kinda hard figuring out my place even here. I'm working hard, but familiars aren't exactly the most accepted at our age." She flushed suddenly, biting her lip and scrunching her nose. "I mean...! Oh, Kia. Sorry, I babble when I'm nervous."

DragonSong

Laughing lightly, Reina raised her hand toward the other girl with a kind smile. "Don't worry about it, Ginger, you're fine." She tilted her head curiously. "And how do you mean? I'll grant you I've never met a familiar who could take a human form myself, but I'd imagine such an ability would open you up to all sorts of potential partnerships, wouldn't it?"

Celegwen

Ginger rubbed the back of her neck for a moment. "Well, yes and no," she said. "A lot of familiars can take human form actually. Most just prefer to stay as animals because some develop romantic feelings for their partners, and vice-versa. Being in an animal form kinda removes that complication."

She shrugged and looked around. "I like being in my human form, though. That way, my partner - my future partner - won't look cuckoo for talking to an animal! And I can get kinda embarrassed in my animal form. Most people think it's ridiculous and too cute to be taken seriously or whatever."

DragonSong

Unable to keep the question in, Reina blurted, "What is your animal form?"

As soon as the question left her mouth she blushed deeply and dropped her eyes. "Oh, forgive me, that was incredibly forward. You really don't have to answer that."

Celegwen

Bringing her hands to her cheeks, Ginger felt her face turn a bright pink. "Oh, I..." She giggled slightly, squeezing her eyes shut. "Oh, fine!"

Putting her book on the desk, she quickly shifted into an eight-inch-tall fennec fox who was more ears than body. Her bushy tail wrapped around her legs, and she tilted her head to the left curiously.

DragonSong

Her eyes widened and she clapped a hand to her mouth to stifle a squeal of absolute delight.

That would not have been appropriate.

"Well." She cleared her throat and lowered her hand to smile, eyes dancing. "I- that's- ahem. I think it's quite a nice form!" She struggled for something to say that wasn't oh Kia you are freaking adorable!

Celegwen

Ginger's large ears flattened against her head, and she bit at her tail. It was an embarrassment reflex in that form, as she was incapable of blushing.

Shifting back into her human form, the girl bit her lip and covered her face briefly. "I'm sorry," she said, still giggly. "See why I prefer human? People always horde and try to pet me when I'm in that form. Which I don't mind in small doses! Just having half a dozen people do it at once is a little overwhelming."

DragonSong

"I can imagine!" Reina laughed- no way was she going to admit she'd had the same reflex. Snatching up her bag, she asked with a smile, "Do you know where you're headed next? Do you have another class, or some free time?"

Celegwen

"Uhhh..." She opened her book and glanced over the schedule she had written down. "I have time! My next class is after lunch." She stood, hugging the book to her body. "What about you?"

DragonSong

She smiled as she moved for the door. "I have some time as well. Care to take lunch with me? Unless of course you have other plans," she added quickly, flushing a bit and trying to not suddenly stumble over her own feet.

Celegwen

"Sure!" She said excitedly. "Do you know where to go? This place is huge. I'm gonna get us lost."

She started following Reina with a skip in her step. She loved making new friends, so this was incredible. New school, new friend, new adventure!

DragonSong

"Well, there are a couple complementary places to eat on campus," she mused as she slipped out of the classroom. "I suppose that depends on if you're in the mood for some sort of morning tea or if you'd rather have some real food." She smiled at Ginger encouragingly.

Celegwen

"Oh, I'm starving," the girl chirped. "What do you want? I like salads and stuff, but I'm really feeling chicken for some reason. Wait... that's the fox talking." She giggled. "Want something cheesy?" Her eyes lit up with excitement at the thought of hot cheese.

DragonSong

"Goodness!" Reina chuckled and shook her head, a little overwhelmed by her energy but charmed nonetheless. "I suppose we should check the main dining hall then, see what's available?" she suggested.

Tags: